how to recover a incomplete recorded file?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Sanghyun Park

how to recover a incomplete recorded file?

PostFri Aug 31, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi all.

I was recording a live stream using intensity shuttle usb 3.0 on my laptop with win 7.
The stream comes from TVS and everything was OK in recording.
But I got that MediaExpress was stopped(hang) without recording any more.
So I killed the process and restart the MediaExpress again, and was able to continue recording.

What happened is;
- all the recorded clips before restart MediaExpress have sync problem(audio is ahead of video, 2-3 secs and longer at the end)
- aborted clip(the last clip) is not played at all

Anyone knows how to recover the aborted clip?

Thanks.
1ME, H.264pro, Shuttle 3.0, HDMI-SDI converter User

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: how to recover a incomplete recorded file?

PostWed Sep 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Part of your workflow is not clear to me but i'll make some suggestions.

As for the audio drifting out of sync it is important that the audio and the video be timed together. So if you are using video from one source and audio from another, they are very likely running on two different clocks and in this situation the sync will drift out. So please make sure you are locking your devices to the same house clock to ensure sync.

Unfortunately, if a clip is aborted, the file is typically not recoverable. This is due to how we close the file. The closing process happens when the capture is terminated normally (using the capture button). If it is terminated abnormally say closing the app or killing the process, this file never gets closed and becomes useless.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Fernando Orozco

Re: how to recover a incomplete recorded file?

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 2:11 am

There's a company that I used a couple years ago with some corrupted files recorded with wirecast, you have to download an app that scan the corrupted video files and send a sample of those clips, they send you an email how much you have to pay to recover the majority of files (in my case they recovered 75% of all corrupted clits), I can't remember how much they charged me but it was really low, here's the link http://aeroquartet.com/
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" Arthur C. Clarke

Return to Live Production