Aliasing with Graphics

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

tdavis

Aliasing with Graphics

PostSun Sep 02, 2012 2:43 pm

We are currently running graphics to our ATEM 2/ME switcher from ProPresenter via SDI IO. However, by the time our graphics make it to our switcher/broadcast there is severe aliasing, both in background elements and text.

We are broadcasting in SD 16:9 and have made every adjustment we could think of. We've changed the dimensions of our PSD files, tried exporting different formats (psd, png, tiff, jpeg) and we've changed our resolution settings in ProPresenter. All to no avail.

Our system worked with our last system so we are wondering if there is a setting change we are missing on the side of the broadcast switcher. Any and all help or suggestions are appreciated.

TDavis

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Aliasing with Graphics

PostWed Sep 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Can you get us a few samples so we can look at them here? I'm not sure what could be going on but we'd like to look at it.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

tdavis

PostWed Sep 05, 2012 5:54 pm

I'd be glad to. Here's a random lower third that is based off of our typical settings. 720x486.
Attachments
lower-third_v2.png
Our typical Lower-Third. 720x480
lower-third_v2.png (68.33 KiB) Viewed 2033 times

Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Sep 24, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi,

It was nice talking with you guys at WFX. I'm glad you got the aliasing issue sorted out with the Remove Field Jitter option in your DeckLink preferences. In regards to the other issue we discussed, if you haven't already, do give us a call or shoot us an email at support-usa (at) blackmagicdesign (dot) com so we can begin sorting that out.
Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Return to Live Production