Tally Light

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

dhiraj parmar

Tally Light

PostMon Sep 03, 2012 6:07 am

Hello,

How to get Tally out from ATEM 1ME.
i am using HXRNX5U Professional AVCHD hand-held camcorder. it dos't have Tally feature.
but along with the video cable, i have keep extra cable for tally....but how to integrate i dont know?
Please help.

Thanks
Dhiraj Parmar

Thomas Seewald

Re: Tally Light

PostMon Sep 03, 2012 10:27 am

Hello Dhiraj ,

the ATEMs put their tally-information via Ethernet. For use this Information, you have the following options:

1.) Using BMDs tally interface. The relay outputs closes to ground.

2.) Using arduino microcontoller. With this and a IO / relay card, you may use the I/O-Pins to drive a LED by a transistor amp or the relays to create your individual circuits .

3.) You assign a program for your PC, that read the tally information from network and controls a IO-card.

The most simply way schould be option 1.)

For signaling, you create a circuit with a power spupply, a restor and one (ore more) LED(s). Use the relay as swicher for this sipmle circuit.

I think, you get more details on atemuser.com .
Last edited by Thomas Seewald on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Dylan Reeve

PostMon Sep 03, 2012 10:30 am

You need the ATEM GPI & Tally interface. It takes ethernet interface from the ATEM switcher and provides simple GPIO outputs.

Details here:
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/atem/models/

dhiraj parmar

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Thanks Thomas & Dylan
Sure i will try this.

Daniel

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 2:11 pm

Does anyone know the easiest way to connect from the Tally / GPI unit to tally lights.

I'm looking at Datavideo's LCD Monitors - http://www.datavideo.info/en/lcd%20monitors/TLM-430 - to mount on the top of each camera and they have a tally light which is fed from a 3.5mm jack.

I know you need a power supply along the way for the lights, but what exactly would be needed to get them working?

I've not got an electrical background so it would need to be something we can source from elsewhere.

Thomas Seewald

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 4:36 pm

The tally gives only a relay out which closes to ground. So it depends on your tally system, how to use this contcat.

E.g. at some RCU it is needed to connect this contacts with two pins from the tally unit. When contact is closed, cameras tally is on. You can test it with a short wire. Datavideos tally-intercom-solution ITC-100 works at the same way. But I don't kwow, how the TLM430 monitors tally is working (I find no info on datavideos site ...). I think, it should be designed for the use with the ITC-100SL beltpack because there is also an 3,5 mm jack for TD-1 - Camera Tally Light ...
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

tedkazm

PostFri Sep 14, 2012 2:36 am

We have a tally controller and tally lights for the GPI/TALLY Interface Box

Let us know what you need.
TEDKAZM
tedkazm@tally-lights.com
www.tally-lights.com

lotech

PostFri Sep 14, 2012 5:32 am

@tedkazm - Can you go into some more detail about your system? You site only mentions Tricaster support. I think theres a growing market for a turnkey solution for BM based setups that integrate with the BM Tally/GPI box. Basically if you make one and its plug and play you'll sell a bunch to the users of this site I'm sure.

tedkazm

PostFri Sep 14, 2012 1:43 pm

I support all switchers that have a tally port output.

The controller for the Blackmagic GPI/Tally interface box is simple.

Plug our 25 pin connector into the 25 pin GPI/Tally interface box, plug in the power to the unit, attach our tally lights in the hot shoe of the camera, run the cable back to our controller and plug in.

you are ready to go
TEDKAZM
tedkazm@tally-lights.com
www.tally-lights.com

Return to Live Production