Sdi-hd to Sdi-sd

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Allan Peixoto

Sdi-hd to Sdi-sd

PostThu Mar 14, 2013 4:12 am

I wonder which of his colleagues the best option with the lowest price to convert a signal-sdi hd (atem television studio) to sd-sdi or composite.

thank's

Xtreemtec

Re: Sdi-hd to Sdi-sd

PostThu Mar 14, 2013 6:49 pm

This converter does it for you. Composite output. Internal HD to SD downconvert.

miniconvertersditoanalog.jpg
Mini Converter SDI to Analog - $295

Includes everything you need to convert from SDI to analog HD/SD component, NTSC and PAL video out, plus balanced AES/EBU and analog audio out. Easily connect to Betacam SP, VHS and analog video monitors. Features hardware down converter to connect HD-SDI video to SD equipment.

Or if you need SD-SDI >

miniconverterupdowncross.jpg
Mini Converter UpDownCross - $495

UpDownCross converter includes both up, down and cross conversion as well as a 4 field standards converter! Fantastic for placement on deck SDI inputs, so you always get NTSC or PAL into the deck. Use the cross converter to convert 720p to 1080i or 1080i to 720p so you can edit once and master in SD, 720p and 1080i video!
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Allan Peixoto

PostTue Apr 02, 2013 1:53 am

Hi Xtremtec,

I followed your advice and bought the mini updowncross convert ... I managed to turn the signal sdi hd from ATS to composite video ... but now I have another problem.

The video signal is not synchronized with the audio that comes straight from the soundboard ... What should I do?

Convert analog audio to SDI, enter in ATS, downconverter by updowncross and convert back to analog to sdi mini converter to audio?

OR

Updowncross replace by a miniconverter analogue to sdi?

marc.colemont

PostSun Apr 14, 2013 6:18 am

The easiest solution is to get the audio embedded into your HD-SDI signal with a Audio-to-SDI box. If you then down-convert and use the Audio out from the SDI to Analog your fine.

marc.colemont

PostSun Apr 14, 2013 6:20 am

Also the new SDI-to-Analog convertor has a build-in down convertor. No need for an extra up/down converor in between.

Xtreemtec

PostSun Apr 14, 2013 10:50 am

Hi Allan, What did you buy?

You say you buyed a updowncross And now you do HD-SDI to Composite video. Not possible......
Or you buyed the SDI > Analog (Convert HD-SDI to composite video)
Or you buyed the UpDownCross (Convert HD-SDI to SD-SDI video)

Anyway>> You need to delay the audio from the soundboard. That can be easily done by a Audio Delay.
No need to embed and de-embed.. :roll:

The Up/Down/Cross takes 4 frames if i recall it correctly. The mixer takes 1 to 2 frames depending on genlocked camera's or not. That would be a delay of 5 to 6 frames, which is 200 to 240 milliseconds if i recall correctly

You can do that with a lipsync corrector> http://www.cyberselect.co.uk/product/2369

Or if you want it a little bit better and more control over it, Balanced audio > http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/DSP2024P.aspx
And set it to clean delay with 200 > 240 milliseconds. Off coarse any other brand will do. Behringer is one of the cheapest..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

marc.colemont

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 5:09 am

That works too yes :-)

Return to Live Production