scoreboard

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

CYAQUE

scoreboard

PostWed Mar 20, 2013 9:03 pm

hi guys, just bought a studio atem, for streaming a livestream broadcaster, and I need to enter a live score, is for motorsport. times the pilots tended to a computer in a. php page, so I do not know that I can mix with the image of the race, to be viewed live.

thanks

CYAQUE

Re: scoreboard

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 7:07 am

no one?

I don´t know if it´s better the Atem 1 for this.

Please help me, I´m in time to change if the studio can´t do this.

thanks

Thomas Seewald

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 7:29 am

times the pilots tended to a computer in a. php page

Try the following for quick and dirty result.

1.) (Re-)Design the existing result-display-site with light font color (yellow, white) on black (!) background. Don't use elements (e.g.Logos) with black color.
2.) connect your display-computer to ATEM by using HDMI (look for correct output setting, it must match to ATEM setting)
3.) Open the site in full-screen mode of your browser. When using "multi display mode", display it on the HDMI related screen.
4.) Use DSK (downstream key) to insert to the video (Key and fill coming from your computer).
5.) Crop the border if necessary.

I think, when you often do this job, a look to CasperCG, a professionel but free software, would be helpful...
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Liam Kennedy

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 7:35 am

1ME or TVS won't necessarily make any difference. What you are asking to do is not necessarily a trivial thing to do. There are numerous methods to get live scoreboard display on to an ATEM TVS or 1ME.

You basically need to have the scoreboard displayed through a laptop connected to an HDMI port and key that over the video using a LUMA key (assuming the background is black for instance).

But... whether your HTML interface is appropriate for use is anyone's guess. You obviously don't want any of the browser chrome/window to display.

Most people who do this use professional scoreboard software.

Tom... will he be able to crop the input on a TVS without a DVE?
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Thomas Seewald

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 7:47 am

Tom... will he be able to crop the input on a TVS without a DVE

When Using DSK, yes. But really cropping, no positioning, no scaling (you know).

CYAQUE

PostFri Mar 22, 2013 6:55 am

Thanks, I'm going to try today

Thomas Seewald

PostFri Mar 22, 2013 7:47 am

Yesterday I made some experiments with Excel, Powerpoint and Inernetexplorer again. In my environment (ATEM TVS and Lenovo Ideacentre 180 - internal graphis adapter connected by HDMI, all running in 1080i) it woked fine.

Experiment 1: Excel with programmed scoreboard (allready tried and desribed in the past at Atemuser.com - my posts from 26 February, 2013 - 11:15 and 5 March, 2013 - 20:47

http://www.atemuser.com/forums/atem-vis ... are-anyone )

When wanting a dark Background, play with the settings for clip (and gain). The Area is set by the mask-area.

Edit: Here the Excel-File: http://pfeiffers-ballhaus.de/simplescoreboard.xls

Experiment 2: Internetexplorer, maybe do display rankings by using php

Here I Used a black and white internet site. For font color I used ATEM color as fill signal. And the mask has to be inverted.

When programming your own html/php-site, you can optimize the background ...

Experiment 3: Powerpoint, maybe for lower thirds and other prepared graphics.

I think, for a quick and dirty solution OK. For better results you will need a solution, which generates a separate alpha channel.
Last edited by Thomas Seewald on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:59 am, edited 6 times in total.

Xtreemtec

PostFri Mar 22, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi Thomas,

Good experiment. Saved me some time on a project we will have in 3 months. Will remember this one. #Bookmark
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Fred Rodrigues

PostSat Mar 23, 2013 9:08 pm

Nice work. I am also doing a bunch of work with overlays from a computer. I have a problem in that I need to have dark colours in the overlay. In this case having a retina macbook pro came in very handy. I can ouptu a black and white version of the graphics out one output and the colour overlay out the other. This leaves me with a proper mask and clean edges even for dark colours. It took a bit of coding, I had to make my own software to display the overlay and the mask and make sure it was all in sync.

Fred
http://www.fredrodrigues.net/

CYAQUE

PostMon Mar 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Thanks, Thomas. How do yoy select the display area?

thanks

Thomas Seewald

PostTue Mar 26, 2013 3:34 pm

The display area can't be moved by ATEM TVS, because it has no DVE unit. So you have to design the computer graphics, that the display area is at the right position. To be shure, that only the wanted area is displayed / used, use DSKs "mask" function.

In the Excel-example, you can move the display area by modifing cell heigth and width. After this, you has to set the right cropping using ATEM-DSKs mask-function.

Do you have an example from your graphics to be displayed ?

Flavio

PostFri Mar 29, 2013 9:15 pm

Hello,

I have a problem taking a signal of the lower third from my PC.
The HDMI output is 576P, when i insert it on ATEM TS the video zoom and it is damaged scrambled.
I input it on my LCD and it is OK, when I insert again to ATEM is damaged.
I select 576p because the video which i select lower third to be overly is PAL.
The preset selected is 625i.
When i select 576i the color change like negative.

Where is the problem?

Thomas Seewald

PostSat Mar 30, 2013 8:36 am

Where is the problem?

I think, your PC-graphics card don't output the needed resolution. I don't kknow, wicj graphics card can offer real PAL reolution and interlaced...

Christophe Campiglia

PostFri Dec 06, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi,

If can help, here my experience with a ATS :
1/ I have a PC (sony with a graphic card 1920X1080) running the soft vMix (used before for stream) for incrustation.
2/ This PC was on an enter HDMI of the ATS, using the upstream Key for enter live score and others things. Think can launch a vidéo too with these system.
3/ I had connect to this PC a camera (using firewire) so I can inlay the video of the real scoreboard inside the live (very useful when players are runing cause it go to fast for made it manually or when there was eight oppositions at the same time !).

Don't success to include an image :oops: in this post for show the dispositif.

Differents examples on the site (last archives).

Christophe
Christophe Campiglia
http://www.sport-boules-diffusion.com

winstonacely

PostMon Dec 06, 2021 7:31 pm

I have to admit this is frustrating coming from a Trickster Mini that had the built in ability to change text in the switcher software itself. Blackmagic is promoting Live.Score as a way to live update text for sports. Has anyone used this combination?

Return to Live Production