BMD Devices not recognised in Mac OSX High Sierra

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Jim Elliot

BMD Devices not recognised in Mac OSX High Sierra

PostTue Sep 26, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi all, Kindly help. I updated my Mac operating system to the newly released OSX High Sierra V10.13
I have Intensity Shuttle as well as Mini Recorder and was successfully using live streaming until yesterday on OSX Sierra, but after updating to High Sierra, both the devices are not recognised in Mac.
The Desktop Video app is not recognising the devices.
Someone Kindly help ASAP! Thanks.

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: BMD Devices not recognised in Mac OSX High Sierra

PostTue Sep 26, 2017 6:17 pm

Did you update your Desktop Video to the most current release (10.9.7)?
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

markpaterson

PostTue Sep 26, 2017 6:19 pm

Hi Tony, I assume by your reply you're saying that Desktop Video 10.9.7 is compatible with High Sierra. Is that 100% compatibility or are there any caveats we should know about until the next driver update?

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Sep 26, 2017 6:28 pm

Desktop Video 10.9.7 and all its components have been successfully tested with macOS High Sierra. If a Desktop Video device isn't detected after the OS update, try to re-install Desktop Video.

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Colin Barrett

PostTue Sep 26, 2017 7:23 pm

One thing that I've learned lately (yes, it's taken a while!) is that when you upgrade the MacOS it's really important that you completely and utterly uninstall the existing installation of Desktop Video and all the installed Blackmagic components. I have four MacOS systems running various BM hardware - all controlled by Desktop Video and using Media Express - and I've pulled lots of hair out trying to get ME to work properly after an OS update. Then I had a brainwave - completely clear out all BM installed components and install the very latest from scratch.

I recently acquired a new Mac Mini simply to serve a SD videotape capture flow using Ultrastudio Express (hardware) Media Express (software) on top of El Capitan which was pre-installed by Apple. Not thinking, I upgraded the OS to Sierra........ and Desktop Video and Media Express didn't work. After ripping it out and installing the latest version from scratch everything worked perfectly.

Btw - I use AppZap to clear everything out, because in my experience Blackmagic's own Uninstaller can't be thoroughly relied on to strip everything out. This is really important.
Blackmagic Teranex 2D, Ultrastudio Express, Intensity Shuttle (Thunderbolt), Two H.264 Pro Recorders (Mac OSX) & lots of old VTRs used for digital archiving of legacy video formats for major libraries, broadcasters, universities and public archives.

Jim Elliot

PostWed Sep 27, 2017 2:43 am

Hi all, thanks for your reply.
Yes, I have the latest Desktop Video and also tried re-installing it but with no luck. I did a clean install of OS High Sierra, so everything was installed fresh.
Still, BMD devices were not being recognized.
Are the latest version compatible with High Sierra or is there an update coming out soon?
Thanks.

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Sep 27, 2017 9:35 pm

Did you restart the computer with the device connected? Also, did you restart after the reinstall of DTV?

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Richard Martin

PostMon Oct 02, 2017 10:30 am

Hi all,
I've had a few issues with Intensity Shuttle after installing High Sierra and Desktop Video 10.9.7. The device seems to be working and is recognised by some programs but when I try to launch the preferences pane in System Preferences, it never truly launches, the screen is simply flashing.

I've tried two deletes of all Blackmagic Desktop Video software and re-installation (inc. reboots) and nothing seems to do the trick, Wonder if there's a preferences/application support folder I should be clearing somewhere?

Thanks
Richard
Last edited by Richard Martin on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erik Verhagen

PostTue Oct 03, 2017 12:00 pm

Went to install macOS Sierra on a bootable disc to do a workaround. When I was installing a Virtual Machine, i got the message that the installation was blocked and that I could unblock it in System Preferences -> Security and Privacy -> General.

When I went to look there, the Black Magic Intensity also showed as being blocked.

Unblock and Desktop Video software recognises your box.

roger.magnusson

PostThu Oct 05, 2017 5:43 pm

Tony Rivera wrote:Desktop Video 10.9.7 and all its components have been successfully tested with macOS High Sierra. If a Desktop Video device isn't detected after the OS update, try to re-install Desktop Video.

I did a clean install (not an upgrade) of macOS High Sierra on a mid 2014 MacBook Pro Retina. I'm seeing the same issues as other people in this thread, devices aren't detected and the Blackmagic Desktop Video app can't be started from System Preferences. I'm using an UltraStudio Mini Monitor.

There are many reports of applications that don't work because of the new file system in High Sierra that is used only on SSD:s. Would be interesting to know if those who have Desktop Video functioning are running on an SSD or HD/Fusion drive.

Dave Johnstone

PostThu Oct 05, 2017 11:13 pm

I'm using DesktopVideo 10.9 and Media Express 3.53 on High Sierra with no issues.

System:

Retina 15" MBP mid 2012 High Sierra (upgraded form Sierra)
2.3GHz i7
250GB Apple SSD
8GB RAM
Ultrastudio Mini Recorder via Thunderbolt.

BM software was previously installed before OS upgrade.

Regards,

Dave.
Freelance Television Broadcast Engineer
and Software Programmer.

Harry Parker

PostFri Oct 06, 2017 2:09 am

Richard Martin wrote:High all,
I've had a few issues with Intensity Shuttle after installing High Sierra and Desktop Video 10.9.7. The device seems to be working and is recognised by some programs but when I try to launch the preferences pane in System Preferences, it never truly launches, the screen is simply flashing.

I've tried two deletes of all Blackmagic Desktop Video software and re-installation (inc. reboots) and nothing seems to do the trick, Wonder if there's a preferences/application support folder I should be clearing somewhere?

Thanks
Richard

I'm having the same issue as Richard. Clean install of High Sierra, clean install of Desktop Video, the thunderbolt Intensity Shuttle works fine but preferences will not open.
Last edited by Harry Parker on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erik Verhagen

PostFri Oct 06, 2017 6:43 am

I'm having the same issue as Richard. Clean install of High Sierra, clean install of Desktop Delivery, the thunderbolt Intensity Shuttle works fine but preferences will not open.[/quote]

On your computer, go to System Preferences -> Security and Privacy ->General.

VJ Hellstone

PostFri Oct 06, 2017 7:58 am

I have same issue. Desktop Video app does not detect devices.
Allthough Ultra Studio Mini Recorder is listed in OS under Thunderbolt devices. OS High Sierra 10.13 (17A365)
I have tried different versions of app, reinstalled, booted and everything. OS was clean install of High Sierra.

SETUP:
Camera (Canon XC10) is connected into Ultra Studio Mini Recorder with hdmi mini to hdmi cable.
Ultra Studio is connected into Mac with with TB2 cable >> TB3-to-TB2 adapter >> MacBook Pro 2017 (TB3 port)

UltraStudio Mini Recorder:
Vendor Name: Blackmagic Design
Device Name: UltraStudio Mini Recorder
Vendor ID: 0x4
Device ID: 0xA129
Device Revision: 0x1
UID: 0x000400000045D4B0
Route String: 1
Firmware Version: 7,2
Port (Upstream):
Link Status: 0x2
Speed: Up to 10 Gb/s x1
Port Micro Firmware Version: 0.2.5
Cable Firmware Version: 1.1.0

ColinAdland

PostSun Oct 08, 2017 3:20 am

Hello I am having the same issue.

What is the process for completely cleaning all BMD device drivers and software so I can reinstall Desktop Video in macos High Sierra?

Regards

Colin

Harry Parker

PostMon Oct 09, 2017 11:24 pm

Erik Verhagen wrote:I'm having the same issue as Richard. Clean install of High Sierra, clean install of Desktop Video, the thunderbolt Intensity Shuttle works fine but preferences will not open.

On your computer, go to System Preferences -> Security and Privacy ->General.[/quote]

I have done this and my settings are to run apps downloaded from anywhere and Blackmagic Desktop Video will still not run. When I click it the Systems Prefs tab blinks and then nothing. Not sure if I missing something.

johnwfarrand

PostTue Oct 10, 2017 10:04 pm

Is there any progress on this? I have the same issue. While macOS recognizes the Ultrastudio Mini Recorder, Desktop Video doesn't recognize that anything is attached. I've tried the whole song and dance routines too (uninstall, reinstall, restart with device plugged in, install with the device plugged in, restart with the device detached.. and on it goes). I've been at this for a week now. Please Help BMD! And why has Desktop Video been so HISTORICALLY TOUCHY??? I remember even 3 years ago being stressed out at football games trying to restart madly and quickly while the announcers were tapping their feet waiting on the BMD devices to be recognized (while the OS has always seen them).

2016 MBP (with the silly touch bar)
2.9 ghz i7
All SSD
Thunderbolt 3 (using Apple TB3 > TB2 converter, and NEW Apple TB cable)
macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
Desktop Video 10.9.7 (and DTV still doesn't work in System Preferences, I have to load it as an application)

Here's what macOS has to say about the "Thunderbolt Device:"

Vendor Name: Blackmagic Design
Device Name: UltraStudio Mini Recorder
Vendor ID: 0x4
Device ID: 0xA129
UID: 0x00040000008B5740
Firmware Version: 7.2
Port (Upstream):
Speed: Up to 10 Gb/s x1
Port Micro Firmware Version: 0.2.5
Cable Firmware Version: 1.0.16
Cable Serial Number: C4M7275014AF797A5

but yet, the BMD software can't see it.

Steve Sharples

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 1:53 pm

Hi,

I too am having problems even after numerous un-installs and re-installs with 10.9.7. It refuses to even open using a clean install of High Sierra from scratch.

I have downgraded to 10.9.5 and that works fine providing you go into System Preferences - Security & Privacy - And unblocking the app.
Director of Globegig Media - www.globegig.com - Video Production | Event Filming | Live Streaming

ColinAdland

PostFri Oct 13, 2017 9:05 pm

Erik Verhagen wrote:Went to install macOS Sierra on a bootable disc to do a workaround. When I was installing a Virtual Machine, i got the message that the installation was blocked and that I could unblock it in System Preferences -> Security and Privacy -> General.

When I went to look there, the Black Magic Intensity also showed as being blocked.

Thanks Erik this worked for me. Hopefully BMD update the install notes so others don't have the same issue.

Ben Disinger

PostThu Oct 19, 2017 5:23 am

I'm having the same issue here with a Decklink Mini Monitor 4K connected via a Sonnet Echo Express SEL TB3 to my late-2016 MacBook Pro. I can't click on the Desktop Video preference pane.

When I check PCI under the system profiler, it tells me that card, "pcibdbd,a144 - Type: Video - Slot Thunderbolt@70,0,0" has no driver installed. There are 4 other cards listed, along with "ethernet", that say Yes to Driver Installed, but not to this last one.

I have tried every single Thunderbolt 3 port on my computer but nothing has solved the problem.

The odd thing, though, is that my monitor recognizes when it is connected. Whenever I turn the Echo Express on, or connect it to my computer, my monitor responds. It is totally black, but it is not displaying any input messages/errors. It is, however, receiving a 720x480 60Hz signal when it normally runs at 3840x2160 60Hz.

From system profiler, under Thunderbolt:

Vendor Name: Sonnet Technologies, Inc.
Device Name: Echo Express SEL TB3
Vendor ID: 0x8
Device ID: 0x25
UID: 0x00084F40AD401700
Firmware Version: 21.1
Port (Upstream):
Speed: Up to 40 Gb/s x1
Current Link Width: 0x2
Link Controller Firmware Version: 0.32.0
Port:
Link Status: 0x7
Speed: Up to 40 Gb/s x1
Current Link Width: 0x1
Link Controller Firmware Version: 0.32.0

Tiago Correia

PostFri Oct 27, 2017 7:03 pm

Any News on this???
Having exactly the same issue! just bought today the UltraStudio Mini Recorder, i'v installed the latest version (10.9.7) and can't find the device!!! I am in Portugal, Don't have a support team that I can call...

Mac OS High Sierra, and MacBook Pro 2017 touch bar edition...

what the hell is going on?? :(

OmurOzcan

PostFri Oct 27, 2017 8:30 pm

Hi all,
I had the same problem today. I read this article then I tried uninstall and install again 10.9.7 version, I checked "System Preferences -> Security and Privacy -> General" but still problem was continuing then I tried to downgrade software from 10.9.7.
And finally I install 10.9 version and it started to work.

Maybe 10.9 version solve your problem.

Regards,

Omur

roger.magnusson

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 9:33 pm

After upgrading to macOS 10.13.1 that was released today, devices are once again being recognized by the BMD Desktop Video Setup application on my mid 2014 MacBook Pro Retina.

I have to launch it from the Applications folder though, launching from System Preferences doesn't work (apparently BMD is fixing this according to another thread).

Boderick Boddington

PostSat Nov 04, 2017 11:46 am

I have just unpackaged a new Ultrastudio Mini Recorder (Thunderbolt). Have tried to set it up on latest MAC OS version (High Sierra 10.13.1). Installed Desktop Video 10.9.7 (latest as at Sept 2017), but got the "No Desktop Video Device Detected" message.
However checking the System Information, under the Thunderbolt Hardware report, it recognises the BMD device. Hence I believe the BMD device and my TB cable are OK.
I have a MBP late 2013, SSD hard drive.
Found this thread, and tried the various solutions offered up but no joy. Is this an acknowledged problem with the software? What can I do next?

Ben Disinger

PostMon Nov 06, 2017 10:21 pm

This is what worked for me -

Uninstall Desktop Video.

Re-install Desktop Video. Restart your computer. Immediately upon restarting, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy. Once there, you should see a special option to allow what you've just installed to run. I can't remember exactly what it says, but it will be an option beneath "Allow apps downloaded from."

I hope that works!

Boderick Boddington

PostTue Nov 07, 2017 4:28 am

Yes - that has solved it. THANK YOU,
It was setting the Privacy configuration to allow BMD access.
Hope that helps any others in same situation.
Looks good now!

Tiago Correia

PostTue Nov 07, 2017 12:13 pm

OK guys, i'v found a fix for this!!! simply disable SIP in your Mac OS High Sierra!!!

but Tiago, what the heck is SIP??? (System Integrity Protection)
well... https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204899

this can be done with or without your Blackmagic software installed!!

now.. to the juicy stuff:

1. Restart you Mac and enter in recovery mode
(while restarting press Command+r into your laptop keyboard or wired keyboard, bluetooth keyboards won't work)

2. go to Terminal and write: "csrutil disable" (this will disable the SIP)

3. write: reboot

4. let your Mac OS restart normally and you're done!! the Blackmagic device (whatever model) will now be detected my Blackmagic software!!!

5. if this won't work, uninstall all Blackmagic software, and install it again with SIP disabled, this should also work!!

6. if you feel like having afraid about disabling SIP, you can also enable it by repeating the steps 1 and 2 and write: "csrutil enable" and then hit "reboot" (but be aware, with SIP enabled after a few restarts, your Blackmagic software will no longer be detecting your device again)

7. if you want to see the status of SIP (enabled or disabled) anytime with Mac OS running normally you can go to Terminal and write: "csrutil status"

this will fix the device (any device and model) not being detected by Blackmagic software!!

Regards,
VJ SYNC

Cody Patterson

PostTue Nov 07, 2017 1:27 pm

@Ben Disinger, your suggestion worked perfectly. I did exactly what you said and it worked. I was getting so frustrated with it. I had installed and uninstalled the Desktop Video multiple times, but one I went into Security and Privacy, it worked. Thank you

John_A_Robins

PostThu Nov 09, 2017 6:56 am

Hi.

I am experiencing issues with my MacBook Pro with h.264 pro recorder - It occasionally asks to update the firmware and does not because of an error. It freezes the preview window after about 30 seconds and when I do manage to get it to start recording it says "Capture stopped due to disconnection of your device".

Using the same device, cables etc on a Mac that has not been updated and the device is working perfectly. Definite software compatibility issues with Media Express in 10.9.7 and High Sierra.

Thank, JR

Christopher Corriveau

PostThu Nov 16, 2017 3:33 pm

Here is the response from Tiago. Worked for me!
Thank you!!!!

OK guys, i'v found a fix for this!!! simply disable SIP in your Mac OS High Sierra!!!

(while restarting press Command+r into your laptop keyboard or wired keyboard, bluetooth keyboards won't work)

4. let your Mac OS restart normally and you're done!! the Blackmagic device (whatever model) will now be detected my Blackmagic software!!!

5. if this won't work, uninstall all Blackmagic software, and install it again with SIP disabled, this should also work!!

6. if you feel like having afraid about disabling SIP, you can also enable it by repeating the steps 1 and 2 and write: "csrutil enable" and then hit "reboot" (but be aware, with SIP enabled after a few restarts, your Blackmagic software will no longer be detecting your device again)

7. if you want to see the status of SIP (enabled or disabled) anytime with Mac OS running normally you can go to Terminal and write: "csrutil status"

this will fix the device (any device and model) not being detected by Blackmagic software!!

Regards,
VJ SYNC

Manuel Pelaez

PostFri Nov 17, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi.

They did not work for me:
- Ultrastudio Mini Recorder
- Ultrastudio Express

Using Mac Os High Sierra 10.13.1
In Sierra 10.12.6 it worked without problems.

I have solved it:
- I have deleted all blackmagic programs.
- I have restarted
- I have installed version 10.9.5 of the desktop video.

Surprisingly it works correctly.

Greetings to all

Richard Martin

PostTue Nov 21, 2017 1:30 pm

This has worked for me. I've just done another clean wipe/install and when launching from the Applications folder, Desktop Video works. It's still buggy but at least I have video output again.

roger.magnusson wrote:After upgrading to macOS 10.13.1 that was released today, devices are once again being recognized by the BMD Desktop Video Setup application on my mid 2014 MacBook Pro Retina.

I have to launch it from the Applications folder though, launching from System Preferences doesn't work (apparently BMD is fixing this according to another thread).

Toddi Goði

PostSun Nov 26, 2017 1:23 pm

I have the problem as well, and it is a weird one,

I have two UltraStudio MiniRecorders and neither of them work with
- MacBook Pro 2017 - High Sierra 10.13.1
- Mac Pro 2013 - High Sierra 10.13.1

However, they both work perfectly on MacBook Air 2013, running El Capitain 10.11.6

I have tried multiple cables, both SDI and HDMI, plus multiple Thunderbolt cables that all seem to work fine with the MacBook Air + both UltraStudio Mini Recorders.

I have followed Tiagos suggestions, restarted Mac Pro in safe-mode (CMD-r), opened the terminal, disabled the CSRUTIL (>csrutil disable), restarted, un-installed Desktop Video, restarted, installed Desktop Video 10.9.7, restarted and then when entering preferences, gone straight into Security, but there are no options to allow for the Desktop Video, so I continue to try and open Desktop Video 10.9.7. The app icon blinks, but doesn't open.
Next step to un-install 10.9.7 and re-install 10.9.5. Here it goes better, as the software opens, and I can try either to use SDI or HDMI.
I then try to see the signal in OBS, but I only get a blank back screen. The system sees the UltraStudio in OBS, but does not feed any signal through.
Uninstall 10.9.5 - reboot - re-install - reboot - same thing, nothing happens.

All other software works fine
Clean re-install of 10.13.1 - wipe everything from the internal disk and set up all accounts from scratch, still nothing happens. Same procedure, but nothing.

What am I missing?

best
Toddi Godi

Jason Worden

PostMon Nov 27, 2017 11:17 am

This solution worked for me, finally!

Christopher Corriveau wrote:Here is the response from Tiago. Worked for me!
Thank you!!!!

Regards,
VJ SYNC

HayderIsmael

PostSat Dec 16, 2017 12:21 am

Hi,

Just
1- Remove the desktop Video Setup app and re install it, then
2- Restart your Mac
3- After rebooting directly to Preferences -> Security and Privacy -> General
4- Allow apps downloaded from.
5- Enter your password.
6- Lunch the app.

I have done these steps on my Mac with High Sierra 10.13.2 and it does work now perfectly.

HayderIsmael

PostSat Dec 16, 2017 12:21 am

Erik Verhagen wrote:Went to install macOS Sierra on a bootable disc to do a workaround. When I was installing a Virtual Machine, i got the message that the installation was blocked and that I could unblock it in System Preferences -> Security and Privacy -> General.

Thanks, that was really helpful

demehinmichael

PostWed Dec 27, 2017 10:03 pm

What worked for me:
- Uninstall the blackmagic desktop video software.
- Go to the support page and download version 10.4 from back in 2015 or so.
- Install it.
- Go to preferences, Security & privacy, then click Allow.

Afterwards, you don't need to do anything.

You're welcome.

Kyle Johnson

PostThu Dec 28, 2017 1:17 am

This fixed my issue. Thank you!

ATrainProductions

PostMon Jan 22, 2018 6:39 pm

For me, the issue was resolved by logging-in under the root account, installing the Desktop Video software, and then clicking "Allow" in the Security panel.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The OS does not allow clicking "Allow" via a remote connection. If you are installing the software remotely, you will have to have someone physically use the mouse to click "Allow".

QuentinBrown

PostTue Jan 23, 2018 9:56 am

ATrainProductions wrote:For me, the issue was resolved by logging-in under the root account, installing the Desktop Video software, and then clicking "Allow" in the Security panel.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The OS does not allow clicking "Allow" via a remote connection. If you are installing the software remotely, you will have to have someone physically use the mouse to click "Allow".

I was having real trouble with my system as clicking "Allow" had no response. It turned out that there are two further things to note - If you use a Wacom tablet or similar alternative input device with an additional system driver, or even a system extension for additional gestures or something similar, then you can't use that device to click allow; I had to connect a regular mouse to be able to click it. Also apparently, as I read elsewhere, the time is limited to enable an installed extension like this to 30minutes. After that, you should uninstall and re-install to get the option to allow it offered again.

It may be that you can click using a Wacom tablet if it's system extension has been allowed already, but because I used it to install itself, I was unable to use it to enable it's own extension before I attempted to install the Desktop Video Driver. If you are installing a Wacom on MacOS High Sierra, then you need to have a mouse connected to be able to "Allow" the system extension.

Justin Carrasquillo

PostSun Jan 28, 2018 1:01 pm

I had the same problem and i did this and my macbook recognized it!!! :D

myPVTV.com

PostThu Feb 01, 2018 11:34 am

We are also experiencing an issue. We have two 4K studios and the Switcher.
When hooked up to an Apple Tower running 10.9, it runs like a charm.
I tried to plug it into an iMac as well as a Mini running High Sierra 10.13
and while it see the components, I am unable to use the Software controller to do my graphics and up/dowstream keying.

Is there a workaround for using High Sierra? I reinstalled the software. I am communicating with the devices via Ethernet.

Thanks,
Randy

jsglazer

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 2:59 am

I can confirm this worked:
1. Uninstall Blackmagic Desktop Video
2. Restart into Recovery Mode
3. Disable SIP in terminal (csrutil disable)
4. Restart
5. Install newest version of Blackmagic Desktop Video (for me it was 10.9.11
6. Restart

Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt
iMac (Retina 5k, late 2015)
High Sierra

Josh

iccamilo

PostSun Mar 04, 2018 5:11 pm

jsglazer wrote:I can confirm this worked:
4. Restart
6. Restart

High Sierra

Josh

Not work for me.

Sebbersk

PostTue Mar 13, 2018 2:00 pm

iccamilo wrote:
jsglazer wrote:I can confirm this worked:
4. Restart
6. Restart

High Sierra

Josh

Not work for me.

Hi, it does not work for me either or any of your suggestions, I've tried on different MacOS with no luck, please help!

Daniel Müller

PostTue Mar 13, 2018 5:33 pm

Hi at all,

Today I had the same problems as everyone in this thread.

My future main setup for this year events consists of a MacPro with a clean install of High Sierra and several BMD capture cards that had always played flawlessly with older OSX.

Today we tried several different computers, MacBook Pros with Sierra and also High Sierra.

High Sierra had problems from the beginning. We got it on the MacBook Pro with High Sierra after these various workarounds offered here. By the way, thanks to all users here in the forum who also write about it! Clearly why it suddenly worked after that was it not.

Now the MacPro stays over. This machine still does not recognize the devices properly.

The only option at the moment is the following workaround: Here it is not necessary to disable SIP or Gatekeeper. Here was the way to set up a root account and run through this installation as some threads described above

After restarting into the normal user account, unfortunately, High Sierra still can not recognize a single device.

Here is currently only the way to switch into the root account and start desktop video. Here is every device recognized. Then log out of the root account and log into the normal user account. Then every BMD device is recognized.

After a reboot and when you start in the normal user account again, desktop video recognizes not a single device. :(

What still helps, I have found in the meantime: It does not even have to be a root account. A new admin-account is also working. But it is always necessary to log from the user-account out, switch to the admin account, then start desktop video, then log out, then log in the normal user-account and then desktop video recognizes the devices. Unfortunately this way is not great.

Today I phoned Blackmagic Support and nobody can help me here. It is referred to Apple.

Maybe someone found a another workaround so far.

kind regards

Daniel

het Perkeffect

PostSun Mar 25, 2018 1:00 pm

My Black Magic Ultra Mini Recorder would not work. But i was using an display port cable. It won't work with an display port cable. You need to have the Thunderbolt cable, with the thunderbolt technology inside.

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Mar 28, 2018 5:21 pm

Xtreemtec (Daniel) was nice enough to put together a list of information for users. You can find information on this topic here.

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

asflyboy

PostFri Mar 30, 2018 8:31 pm

This was a lifesaver. It worked for me.

Roadcrew

PostSun Apr 15, 2018 10:59 am

Hey guys.

Just got a Ultrastudio 4k, and struggle with the same things as everyone else.

No connection with the deck, but I can see that the mac has connection from the hardware manager.

However, when I re-install, or install, I don't get black magic blocked in the Security and privacy settings. Cant seem to find anywhere to grant access to the Ultrastudio at all. Even tried the OSX Recovery mode and terminal solution mentioned earlier here.

Anyone?
Next

Return to Live Production