ATEM TV Studio - ethernet drops

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Lauri Hassi

ATEM TV Studio - ethernet drops

PostWed Sep 05, 2012 4:49 pm

Hello,

I'm a new user of the TVS (and a newbie in this kind of production altogether) and have had some issues with the switcher. In general it seems great, but one issue is crippling our production:

The Ethernet connection drops (light out on ATEM) and the control software disconnects. This has happened twice now during our multi-camera production and essentially locks us down on whichever feed happens to be live. The only solution to bring the Ethernet and control back online is to off/on the ATEM TVS from the power supply.

Any ideas as to why and how to solve this? The ATEM is lying on the table (heatsink up) as we do not have a rack yet, so could it be over heating? Last time it dropped after 20 min.

Thank for any help.

Fernando Orozco

Re: ATEM TV Studio - ethernet drops

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 2:15 am

I've had a similar problem with my TVS yesterday and my macbook air that I use to control it, the solution was install windows 7 and use software control, today I used it for almost 12 hours straight without issues, what are you using for controlling your TVS?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" Arthur C. Clarke

Lauri Hassi

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 9:36 am

Thanks for the reply. I am also using a new Macbook Air for the production. Interesting, could this be the issue, and why? The cpu/mem usage seems fine.

Just to clarify, what do you mean by "and use software control"? I am using it already with the macbook Air osx to control TVS.

What a shame if installing windows is the only solution!?

Fernando Orozco

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 10:26 am

I meant "use software control" on windows, I know that it sounds weird but believe in me when I say that software control works (by far) better on windows than os x, for me is more strange that you have the same issue with a macbook air (I have the 10" mid 2011 version) so there's a pattern with this issue.

I haven't tested TVS with other macs, only with an iMac a couple of days ago but not tested enough time to find this issue.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" Arthur C. Clarke

Return to Live Production