Hyperdeck Studio Mini Record Format

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

David Hutchinson

Hyperdeck Studio Mini Record Format

PostTue Jan 02, 2018 3:24 pm

After spending an entire day unsuccessfully trying to record to the Hyperdeck Studio Mini from Premiere Pro I am ready to put the white flag up and ask if anyone has had success in exporting DNXHD files from Premiere Pro CC 2018?

If anyone has setting which work with DNXHD on windows to the studio mini I'd really appreciate you sharing.

Many thanks

David

Xtreemtec

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Mini Record Format

PostTue Jan 02, 2018 4:50 pm

The quick and dirty way to get the right profile is to do like this:
  • Determine target resolution and framerate needed for your project. (Often used with an Atem mixer)
  • Record with recorder some video in the target resolution and framerate you need to play out. (Record output of the Atem to a card.)
  • Import video into your Editing software and go to options and let "project settings" match based on footage.
  • Save this profile DNxHD in your settings so you can recall this later for other projects.
  • Open the content you want to render for this project and apply the Saved settings for your DNxHD project.
  • Render out and save to card.
  • You should be good to go.

Don't forget that you need the Avid codec pack for DNxHD.. Not sure if every edit software does include this..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

MambaFiber.com

PostTue Jan 02, 2018 6:47 pm

We don't use premier, but did exactly what Daniel has suggested - imported a clip recorded on the HDmini into our NLE and conformed the timeline to this clip. We then saved the timeline as a template and use this template for all clips we play on the BMD device. works great.
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

David Hutchinson

PostWed Jan 03, 2018 8:34 am

Thanks Daniel and Greg for taking the time to respond. I was doing pretty much exactly what you were suggesting and I was just getting sound with black video. I think the problem comes from the Premiere Pro output options do not match the DNxHD data rates of the Studio Mini.

After more playing around with it last night I managed to get it to work with a DNxHD stream in a Quicktime wrapper. I didn't really want to to use Quicktime, however it works so I'll stick with that.

cheers
David

Xtreemtec

PostWed Jan 03, 2018 10:05 am

David, Since your question last night i put some more info into the FAQ. There is also a link in there to a topic were some formats are discussed and a download link for a few Media Encoder presets. :)

Frequently Asked Questions - Recording
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production