HyperDeck Mini - Time Remaining

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

AdrianEaton

HyperDeck Mini - Time Remaining

PostSun Jan 14, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi,

When playing back media on the HyperDeck Mini, the time displayed is the time elapsed. However in a live production environment, it is often helpful to know the time remaining to the clip end. I can't seem to find a way to change the time displayed to show the time remaining rather than time elapsed?

This seems like a pretty easy option to have, you could even assign the 'set' button on the front of the unit to toggle the display when in playback mode (The button does nothing unless in a menu at the moment).

Many Thanks,
Ady

Xtreemtec

Re: HyperDeck Mini - Time Remaining

PostSun Jan 14, 2018 2:04 pm

The big hyperdeck studios do tell you what the time remaining is.. So i'm quite shocked the mini does not tell you.. :(

On the Hyperdeck Studios.. Time remaining was displayed in the top right corner.. Flashing with Time elapsed or total recording time.. Not sure anymore.. And i just got into transition between Studio's to Mini's.. So the old ones are out and the newones are not in yet.. :lol:
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

John Barker

PostMon Jan 15, 2018 1:11 pm

The HyperDeck Studio mini does tell you the time remaining on the card, however, it only shows up every few seconds in the top right of the screen (where it says Card 1).

I do agree though that this is an important number to have during a live production so it's a shame it isn't always visible.
John Barker
heretorecord.com

David Hutchinson

PostMon Jan 15, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi Daniel and John,
I think Ady is talking about playback mode and the time left on a playing file rather than how much card space is left during a recording.

John Barker

PostMon Jan 15, 2018 3:45 pm

My bad - read it too fast! You're correct :D
John Barker
heretorecord.com

David_Anderson

PostWed Feb 26, 2020 6:58 pm

Did anyone post a reply to this question? Is it possible to show time remaining in a clip?

Best,

David
David Anderson
Leading Edge Multimedia
https://leadingedgemultimedia.com
(888) 336-LEMM

John Eriksson

PostFri Oct 15, 2021 4:33 am

Iam also looking for ”time remaining” on the ”hyperdeck studio hd plus” but it should be an feature on the mini aswell! You can see the time remaining in the atem software but its in really small font and you must have that output tab open so its not great, please bm put it ob the hyperdeck display and enlarge the font for it in the atem software so you could see it at a glance! Thank you!

eMilty

PostFri Oct 15, 2021 7:02 am

Yes, it's fairly stupid that this is not possible. It's an essential feature that even my Yoko consumer grade CD player from 35 years ago had.

I've solved it multiple times by additing a timecode to the video and put the 00:00:00:00 marker at the last frame or the frame where I want to count down to (in case of some extra trailing video). If you set the Hyperdeck to timecode output 'Clip' you will effectively have a countdown timer (sort of).

John Eriksson

PostMon Oct 18, 2021 8:53 am

Thank you eMilty!
I will check this workaround, still hoping that blackmagic will do an upgrade giving all us the "Time Remaining" feature we have all been waiting for! :)

eMilty wrote:Yes, it's fairly stupid that this is not possible. It's an essential feature that even my Yoko consumer grade CD player from 35 years ago had.

I've solved it multiple times by additing a timecode to the video and put the 00:00:00:00 marker at the last frame or the frame where I want to count down to (in case of some extra trailing video). If you set the Hyperdeck to timecode output 'Clip' you will effectively have a countdown timer (sort of).

John Eriksson

PostWed Oct 20, 2021 2:18 pm

Hi!
One more question; How do you achieve this in Adobe premiere, Media Encoder or Resolve?
Without the timecode "showing up" in the video itself?

"I've solved it multiple times by additing a timecode to the video and put the 00:00:00:00 marker at the last frame or the frame where I want to count down to (in case of some extra trailing video). If you set the Hyperdeck to timecode output 'Clip' you will effectively have a countdown timer (sort of).[/quote]

eMilty

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 10:57 am

I don't use these applications. I use Final Cut Pro and this lets me set the timecode of the first frame. Normally this is 00:00:00.00 of course so I just look at the timecode of the last frame and then calculate what the start timecode should be for that last frame to become 00:00:00.00.

For example, if the last frame is 00:43:15.46 on a 60fps clip, the start timecode should be 24:00:00.00 - 00:43:15.46 = 23:16:44.14.

Return to Live Production