Sports Score Board Software?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

bradywurtz

Sports Score Board Software?

PostFri May 10, 2013 3:53 pm

I was wondering what everyone uses to do scoreboards for their switcher?

I'm looking into getting the ATEM Television Studio for local high school sports games (I work for a PEG Station), and we'll need some kinda way of getting a scoreboard on the screen with a clock and stuff for Basketball, Football, and Baseball/Softball.

What kind of programs do you guys use?

duncanbarnes

Re: Sports Score Board Software?

PostSat May 11, 2013 12:26 am

You could use CasparCG, its free software but does require a half decent computer to run it. I've seen people using keyed powerpoint, webpages and all sorts with ATEM's but Caspar is going to give you the best looking output on a budget.

It does require you to be comfortable with computers, a decent graphics card, and quite possibly a Blackmagic SDI card, but there's a lot of information and a friendly community on the site so might be worth a look.

http://www.casparcg.com

Thomas Seewald

PostMon May 13, 2013 1:53 pm

I've seen people using keyed powerpoint, webpages
Don't forget Excel - Yes, thats me ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6212&hilit=Excel

For quick and dirty OK.

Now I've been started to learn CasparCG and it's really great. You'll find some examples in the forum, so you can start quickly.

But when you want to modyfy the examples, you hav to do the following things:

1.) Learn to use flash, to modyfy the eyamples or create your own templates
2.) Learn Visual Studio, to modify or create your own sport specific Clients (e.G. to call lower thirds from lineups or team-lists, modify show an actual score by using "+" and "-"Buttons....)
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

boxblinkracer

PostMon Aug 04, 2014 8:46 am

Hi

I'm using live-score-app.com for our broadcasts.

...and...., i also made that software :D

i had the same problem that i needed baseball scoreboards for our stream,
and then i thought about creating more and more sports to help other people
with the that problem too.

i hope you like it

cheers

Jim Brown

PostMon Aug 04, 2014 12:54 pm

I am not sure, but I think the TVS does not support the built in Photoshop capability that exists in the ME1 and ME2 switchers. We have used that option with both the ME1 and 2 and have had great success with it. You simply install the add-on into your photoshop that comes with the ATEM software package. Put that PC on the network talking with the switcher and within photoshop build a graphic and export it to the ATEM.

Our graphics guys also run a second copy of ATEM control software on the photoshop PC and can take their own graphics if they wish.

Pretty slick.

Jim Brown
M&M Productions USA

Thomas Seewald

PostMon Aug 04, 2014 1:45 pm

As I know, TVS has the same capability for Photoshop as 1ME and 2ME. I have a TVS and Photoshop, but never tried, because I use caspar CG for my graphics.

How does Photoshop works for sports with a big frequency of result changes and differend graphics ?

Last weekend I operated live-score, lower thirds and lineups for the final round of 6th. world championship women's fistball - 10 teams, 11 Matches on 2 days without any break between the matches. I used CasparCG and an spcialized client for controlling CasparCG. It worked like a charm.

Jim Brown

PostMon Aug 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Thomas,
they would have taken you away in a straight jacket if you had tried that in Photoshop!

Jim

Thomas Seewald

PostMon Aug 04, 2014 7:32 pm

So I stay using CasparCG, because I love to be a free man (as free as a married man can be ... ) ;-)

Michael Watkins

PostSun Aug 10, 2014 12:42 am

casparCG is brilliant. Ive used Livecode to build a custom interface for caspar. My last step for world domination... or at least for a cool app. is to figure out controlling the ATEM with livecode via sockets.
Sorry about the name. Its Michael Watkins. I didnt know the name thing before i registered

Richard Courtney

PostSun Aug 10, 2014 9:25 pm

I love CasparCG.
However, for this application I would consider looking at BMD's Decklink SDK and
a mini monitor card.

Decent graphics can be created on lower end 1U rackmount servers such as an Intel D525.
http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1U/5015/SYS-5015A-EHF-D525.cfm

If you have the talent to create the client needed for CasparCG you should have the ability
to load a framebuffer for the Decklink card.

PrepSpin

PostSun Aug 10, 2014 11:41 pm

The best thing to do is use SportzCast Scorebot with the ATEM. I use it for our scoreboards. It connects to the scoreboard controller and sends score data via internet in real time. You can design your own scoreboard in photoshop then save as a png file. Open the png file in their software that runs in the background and chroma key it in the ATEM. The software uses the HDMI output on laptop that plugs into your ATEM. A colored background is available in the software to make chroma key easy and fast. It has really taken our productions to the next level!

http://www.sportzcast.net is the web address. You can see our samples of the scoreboard in action at PrepSpin.com - Its a small investment under $600 US for everything you need including the service they offer. After the 1st year it will cost $200 US a year. I highly recommend them. The best support ever too.

Zach Schuster

PostFri Aug 15, 2014 4:33 am

I'll be releasing some more information as some extra features get added in the next week, but I'm working on a series of products called CGStatLink. It will work with ATEM via HDMI connection or in conjunction with Just Macros. Data can be entered manually via UI or (soon) an optional control panel, or have a lot of data automated at the college level by grabbing the school's StatCrew game file in real time.

It will soon be able to take real time clock feeds from SportzCast and ScoreOCR. In time, once the Project Editor is done, you could use it as a total CG system for ATEM.

Check it out! http://www.cgstatlink.com
Zach Schuster
SuiteCG- An All-in-One Graphics System for Live Sports
www.suitecg.com

Richard Courtney

PostSat Aug 16, 2014 1:18 pm

Interesting package CGStatLink.
Do you use either BMD Decklink Mini Monitor (HDMI/HD-SDI) or nVidia graphics cards (HDMI only)
or do you programmatically generate a graphic file and push it to the ATEM's media bin?

Zach Schuster

PostSat Aug 16, 2014 7:32 pm

For the time being there is no special hardware required (if I'm understanding your question). Any graphics card or laptop with an HDMI out for a second display should work. That is a direct connection to an HDMI in on ATEM.

Alternatively, the system will generate a dynamic PNG without the need for a second output. There is no direct link to the media bins at this time, but I hope to add that in the future. Using the free version of JustMacros you can set up a macro to push that PNG to a media bin.

I hope that helps!

Zach
Zach Schuster
www.suitecg.com

Zach Schuster

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 5:18 pm

We released a newer, more stable version of CGStatLink Lite- Football a few days ago. It has improved dual screen mode. We'll be adding play clock control this week and making an official first release very soon.

If your school uses StatCrew you can have total automation of everything in your scorebug except clock. We'll also be adding support for ScoreOCR and SportzCast feeds very soon. No StatCrew? No problem, the UI has a very intuitive mouse-only interface and we'll be developing a control surface, too!

Download a free 15-day trial copy at http://www.cgstatlink.com!
Zach Schuster
www.suitecg.com

jasondean

PostMon Sep 15, 2014 3:53 pm

If you're looking for a fully integrated scoring solution and video overlay for hockey, try Time To Score (find it online... BMD won't let me post the link).

Full league management that not only produces live stats online but connects to your physical scoreboard or virtual scoreboard on any display and provides the live data for broadcast overlays. This solution allows for one person operation using a touch screen rather than the need for multiple people to enter data, record stats, run traditional scoreboard interface.

Overlay created with a mini-PC connected via HDMI to ATEM TVS.

Andre Augustin

PostMon Sep 15, 2014 10:43 pm

I use Photoshop and the plugin for the ATEM TVS. I really love this method.
Andre Augustin
Bifuteki

Thomas Seewald

PostTue Sep 16, 2014 8:04 am

Hi Andre,

for which kind of sports ? I think, it is only useable for sports, where results dont't change often and quickly ....

Zach Schuster

PostTue Sep 16, 2014 2:29 pm

CGStatLink now has play clock and supports clock feeds from SportzCast and ScoreOCR.

For those using the Photoshop plugin, you can still integrate CGStatLink in to your workflow. CGStatLink will output data as a CSV file. You can set up text and image fields in Photoshop to pull from a CSV file, then set up a macro in Photoshop to A) refresh the data and B) save to the plugin.

That let's you get a lot of dynamic data in to ATEM via the plugin. If you're using StatCrew feeds, all you need to do is run the macro. If you're using CGStatLink's mouse-driven manual controls, it still beats typing in data in to various fields. Think score, down and distance, ball spot, timeouts remaining, ball possession, etc...

http://www.cgstatlink.com
Zach Schuster
www.suitecg.com

Andre Augustin

PostWed Sep 17, 2014 9:39 pm

Thomas, I do e-Sports broadcast.
Andre Augustin
Bifuteki

Zach Schuster

PostThu Nov 06, 2014 7:45 pm

We just announced CGStatLink Lite- Soccer today. It's still i ndevelopment but you can sign up to receive an email with the download link once the trial version is available. More details to come as the product nears completion!

http://cgstatlink.com/2014/11/06/soccer-is-coming/

Basketball is next on our list!
Zach Schuster
www.suitecg.com

Hakan Taube Lyxzen

PostFri Nov 07, 2014 10:12 am

Hi.

I have been using this software: http://www.live-score-app.com/index.php
and it has worked really well. Yesterday they released an update including basketball in the line of several other sports. If you don´t have the time or knowledge to make your own scoreboard with for example Casper CG and are happy to use ready made templates, I can really recommend this software for you. The basic version are free, you only need to pay for the iPad/iPhone app thats needed to send information about standings, time and more.
Hakan Taube Lyxzen
prostreaming.se

Thomas Seewald

Need infos: K-Stats - Basketball scouting-software

PostFri Nov 07, 2014 10:44 am

Does someone here has informations about the k-stats basketball-scouting-software - its file based (XML-) data transfer and datastructure (used e.g. in Eurocup) ?

I know, they write XML-files into a shared directoy, but I don't know their structure....(and don't get examples)

Return to Live Production