IDX CW-1 wireless system with ATEM 1 M/E

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

dinmontoya

IDX CW-1 wireless system with ATEM 1 M/E

PostSat Jun 01, 2013 6:28 pm

Planning to buy this System for live events, have not seen any reviews, a very brief one that says it works great but takes about a minute to sync up, has any one tried it ??? using it with Sony´s NX5. :)

Scott Ryan

Re: IDX CW-1 wireless system with ATEM 1 M/E

PostSun Jun 02, 2013 6:12 am

Might want to look into the Paralinx Arrow. Looks basically identical to the IDX CW-1, but price is a bit lower. I have a Paralinx and it does take a minute or so to sync. Haven't used it with a 1 M/E yet, but I will be trying it out this week. I used it with a Panasonic HMX100 mixer and it didn't like the HDMI port unless I used a HDMI Extender (over cat5e) or an AJA HDMI -> SDI converter. Guessing there is some type of EDID issue going on. Interested to see if the issue resolves itself when putting something like a Gefen HDMI Detective in-line.

steveando

PostSun Jun 02, 2013 7:54 am

Further down the forum list on page 2... even cheaper apparently. Haven't used myself...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3706

dinmontoya

PostSun Jun 02, 2013 5:18 pm

scottyd wrote:Might want to look into the Paralinx Arrow. Looks basically identical to the IDX CW-1, but price is a bit lower. I have a Paralinx and it does take a minute or so to sync. Haven't used it with a 1 M/E yet, but I will be trying it out this week. I used it with a Panasonic HMX100 mixer and it didn't like the HDMI port unless I used a HDMI Extender (over cat5e) or an AJA HDMI -> SDI converter. Guessing there is some type of EDID issue going on. Interested to see if the issue resolves itself when putting something like a Gefen HDMI Detective in-line.

Thanks scottyd! Let us know how it went with the ATEM and how far the signal traveled! :D

Scott Ryan

PostMon Jun 03, 2013 5:37 pm

steveando wrote:Further down the forum list on page 2... even cheaper apparently. Haven't used myself...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3706

I have the Nyrius ARIES Pro also and while I haven't tested that and Paralinx side by side, the Nyrius advertised range is 160 feet. This holds true. Paralinx is 320 feet. Here's some pictures of how I used it last - http://directorsmonitor.com/index.php?/ ... ve-events/

Didn't cut out at all, but as someone said in that thread it could be due to the metal roof bouncing the signal around.

dinmontoya

PostMon Jun 03, 2013 9:36 pm

scottyd wrote:
steveando wrote:Further down the forum list on page 2... even cheaper apparently. Haven't used myself...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3706

I have the Nyrius ARIES Pro also and while I haven't tested that and Paralinx side by side, the Nyrius advertised range is 160 feet. This holds true. Paralinx is 320 feet. Here's some pictures of how I used it last - http://directorsmonitor.com/index.php?/ ... ve-events/

Didn't cut out at all, but as someone said in that thread it could be due to the metal roof bouncing the signal around.

Great! thanks for sharing!

Return to Live Production