ATEM 2 to replace analogway for IMAG

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

JoshScott

ATEM 2 to replace analogway for IMAG

PostMon Jun 03, 2013 2:27 am

Looking at replacing our Analogway Centrix with a ATEM 2. We will also be updating our cameras to JVC GY-HM600U. We have an iMac and PC that will also be used. I plan on converting everything to SDI and using a Video hub so we can route different signals to different places, projectors, recorders, preview monitors, streaming. I was planning on running the main out of the ATEM into the hub too will that work or create problems?

My next problem is getting to our projectors. They are Eiki lc-xt3s. Currently we are running VGA over Cat-5 using Magenta research boxes that I think can carry component. Here is a link to the manual for the projectors http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/pro ... l_1904.pdf.

Can I run component to the projectors? Or am I going to have problems with RGB vs. YUV. Will the BlackMagic SDI analog converts add delay?

Daniel Knoche

Re: ATEM 2 to replace analogway for IMAG

PostMon Jun 03, 2013 3:01 am

Running the main program out to the hub should not be an issue at all

Not 100% sure about the projectors. Other options; HDLink Pro which has DVI out (then DVI over ethernet unless you run an SDI lead to the projector and have the HDLink Pro there. Can go SDI from 1 HDLink Pro to a second one. If you are looking at running SDI leads anyway, may be a better option

But will need to check further and hopefully someone else can provide some additional info!

Hope this helps!
Daniel

Tim Haigh

Re: ATEM 2 to replace analogway for IMAG

PostMon Jun 03, 2013 4:16 am

You can run your projectors with component video but the issue is transport O don't know anything about the Magenta research boxes but I do know that the extron vga over utp boxes will not take component video. As for delay I would assume that there would be a small amount as there is always some in D to A, just like with audio, but it is likely much less then is in the projector.
Freelance A/V Engineer
Always Available for Hire

Return to Live Production