Hyperdeck Studio Pro

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

steve.ryder@stryder.tv

Hyperdeck Studio Pro

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 11:35 pm

How many video streams can be recorded simultaneously on the hyperdeck studio pro? Are the 4 HD-SDI inputs / outputs just so that you can choose an already plugged source or do they enable multi stream recording?

Do you have any plans to enable video chunking on the recording to enable simultaneous playback? Those of us with satellite trucks / OB vehicles would really like this feature.

Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Pro

PostWed Sep 12, 2012 12:27 am

The HyperDeck Studio Pro's 4 HD-SDI inputs only support a single video stream up to 4K resolution. So multi-stream recording is not supported at this time. I hope this clears things up.

We don't typically discuss future plans, but we are happy to take video chunking as a future feature request.
Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Bengt

PostWed Sep 12, 2012 2:26 am

Chunking would be the bomb. We run a live sports network, and being able to continue recording and simultaneously replaying captured video would be a dream.

Bengt SSNCanada.ca

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Sep 13, 2012 5:26 pm

I agree..it would be awesome...and I can find several uses for it myself for tradeshow setup. I cried a little when I found out it wouldn't do it at launch. :cry:
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

joeltcaron

Feature Request: Hyperdeck Studio Pro

PostMon Sep 24, 2012 7:52 pm

+1 for simultaneous record and playback on the Hyperdeck studio pro.

The deck would sell like hotcakes in the church market if it had this feature.

sharyn

PostMon Sep 24, 2012 8:13 pm

simultaneous record and playback (chase/timeshift) SHOULD be possible, the Hard Drive DVD format recorders that were popular a few years back (Panasonic) all were able to do that. In fact for a very simple instant replay a number of people would use the Panasonic recorders for an ISO record, and then use the chase/timeshift playback for the replay

Sharyn

Thomas Seewald

PostTue Sep 25, 2012 7:42 am

Many users in this forum want this feature they and have expressed it here. Hyperdeck Studio (without "Pro") should also to be able to do it. Unfortunately, until now no positive response from BMD.
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Return to Live Production