ATEM Television Studio - Program output does not work

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

mjlima

ATEM Television Studio - Program output does not work

PostWed Jun 26, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi.
I have a brand new ATEM Television Studio HD and it seems that everything is ok except I am not getting any signal from the program output SDI port.
The multiview works fine, the mini preview is fine, input ports all ok, sound check is ok, except for the program output.
I am trying to get the signal through a BM bidiretional SDI-HDMI micro converter into an Avermedia encoder (that works perfectly if the camera is directly connected). Tried to connect the HDMI (from the BM micro converter) directly to an HDMI monitor, and also nothing.
Am I missing anything here?
Would apreciate some help since I am preparing a live event for tomorrow :-|
Thanks for any help :-)

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: ATEM Television Studio - Program output does not work

PostWed Jun 26, 2019 6:31 pm

If you take the program output of the ATEM and loop it back into the switcher as a source, do you see that displayed on the Multiview output? If not, can you swap SDI cables to confirm this is not associated to the cabling? If you can see the program output back into the ATEM, it could be a combination of converters and how they interpret the signal but the Bi-Directional converter should take the SDI to HDMI feed as well so to test that converter, you can also loop that back into the ATEM to determine if it's the converter.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

mjlima

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 10:14 am

Hi.
It's me, again ;-)
I'm having the exact same problem with the same ATEM model - program output not working.
Tried looping into SDI and HDMI input ports and nothing. Everything else is woking just fine but no program output.
What can I do to solve this?
Thanks, in advance

Mário

Sergio Wallter

PostMon Jul 05, 2021 2:38 am

I have the same problem, the physical PGM output does not work, however I realized that now the atem gives me the PGM output through the outputs 5 port, the one that joins for Intercommunication, I also tried to send the PGM through the Aux port, but it doesn't work either, does anyone know why that happens?

Return to Live Production