Intensity ThunderBolt Xbox Black Screen

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

uhyana

Intensity ThunderBolt Xbox Black Screen

PostSat Oct 20, 2012 5:51 am

I have tried everything for 3 straight hours. I'm freaking out and I want to use it over the weekend and the support phone service doesn't come back till monday.

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro with a 512GB Solid State Drive and 16GB RAM

I have tried 2 different xboxes with hdmi. I know for a fact that the hdmi cords work.

I put the xboxes on 720p I put the system preferences on 720p 59.94 and 60 both didn't work when linked up with 59.94 or 60 in Media Express.

What do I do!?!?!? I have read like 20 different stories about people with their shuttle's not working right and none of them have helped me at all. I'm about to try and return this thing back to amazon and just got a Hauppauge.

So stressful...

uhyana

Re: Intensity ThunderBolt Xbox Black Screen

PostSat Oct 20, 2012 7:32 pm

I just went out and bought some component cables and it won't even work with that!!! WTF!!!!!!!

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Intensity ThunderBolt Xbox Black Screen

PostMon Oct 22, 2012 5:04 pm

There are three things that are coming to mind that could be an issue.

1> Your setup is not right, which should be simple to straighten out.
2> You are trying to capture while in Video playback mode (this will not work, only dashboard and gaming).
3> The product is defective.

Other than that, this should work we do it daily in our office. So it is either an install issue or a product issue. I'd recommend you give our support office a call so they can walk you through some things. They will be able to make sure that everything is setup correct.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to Post Production