Yes Another SD Card Thread (BMPCC)

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

BurntPapyrus

Yes Another SD Card Thread (BMPCC)

PostMon Jan 06, 2014 2:59 am

Hi there,

Sorry for starting off another thread about SD cards but I didn't want to hijack the others. I have ordered a Sandisk something-or-other for £100 (it was the 45mb/s one I've seen people having the most success with). When I was looking around I did come across this one as well:

http://www.7dayshop.com/7dayshop-rapid- ... b-class-10 (by the way the site was down for maintenance at one point. I'm sure it will be up again soon)

Which is half the cost of the Sandisk stuff. I know a lot of photographers who swear by 7dayshop.com so I wouldn't usually hesitate to order it and expect it to work. I know that there are many technical reasons why this might not be the case but, ultimately, I'm just a guy who points a camera at things in order to try and get relatively pleasing shots that tell a story. I don't really want to know the ins and outs, just the outcomes.

I noticed that the description has a benchmark test thing alongside it and wondered if anyone, better suited to understanding these things, might take a look and give a verdict on whether it looks like a good card to test? Obviously, I can't just throw money at these, none of us can, but perhaps someone has tested them before?

All the best,

Steve

BurntPapyrus

Re: Yes Another SD Card Thread (BMPCC)

PostMon Jan 06, 2014 5:13 am

Thanks for that.

I have already seen people say the sandisk works, which is why I chose it. I am only interested in prores at the moment but will want raw later, when I can upgrade the card.

Danz

PostMon Jan 06, 2014 8:43 am

Only the ScanDisk Extreme Pro can record RAW right now, which is 95MB/s, 45MB/s should be OK for ProRes though. 8-)

BurntPapyrus

PostMon Jan 06, 2014 10:52 am

Thanks, Danz. That's what I was expecting and seems to be the experience of others on here. Whatever solution, as long as I am shooting on the BMPCC the quality should be a better than what I have at the moment on a Panasonic HMC150 shooting in AVCHD.

Return to Cinematography