Blackmagic Production Camera 4K Now Shipping for US$2,995

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Grant Petty

Blackmagic Design

Blackmagic Production Camera 4K Now Shipping for US$2,995

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 6:47 am

Hi,

We started shipping the Blackmagic Cinema Camera 4K, plus we have also lowered the price to US$2,995. This means if you have ordered, you will be able to get your camera at a lower price. We have been doing a lot of work to lower the price and it's nice that we can do it from the start of shipping so everyone can get the advantage of that.

I think this new lower price is important as we really need this camera to supply Ultra HD content into our ATEM 4K production switchers, but live production needs multiple cameras. If the cameras are lower cost, it really helps the live production guys afford multiple cameras so they can build a really powerful live production setup.

Initially the cameras will ship with ProRes recording. We are working as hard as we can to add RAW recording quickly and to build cameras so everyone gets their orders asap. We are so thankful for everyone's patience as we sorted out production for this camera, however it's great it's now shipping. It's exciting to be able to work on a camera like this and I cannot wait to see the work done on it.

We have some other software updates due soon for the other cameras, so we are continuing to work hard and I will post some updates as we can.

Regards,

Grant
Blackmagic Design

Return to Cinematography