Broken internal battery

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

PerOllgaard

Broken internal battery

PostMon Mar 10, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi

The internal battery on my BMCC will not charge. I think it´s broken. The camera starts perfect with with the power supply, but I´v tried to charge the battery for more than 12 h and the camera is completly dead.
Since I got the camera last summer there have been a problem with the power button. When I switch the camera off it suddently starts Again after 2-5 sec. Once it powered it self up in my photobag and was very hot when I opened the bag.
But the camera has been working fine for ½ a year but now the battery is dead.
Can anybody tell me what to do. DO i have to return it to the seller?

Best regards
Per

Lorenzo Straight

Re: Broken internal battery

PostMon Mar 10, 2014 6:42 pm

It's just dead. You need a replacement, so call support and find out where to send it.
Mine is dead also. I'm waiting for the right time to send it in for replacement. Same time frame also, 6 months.
Only used the camera sparingly. 6 months is the magic number. I have Switronix PB-70 battery to save the day.
MSI GS60 Ghost Pro-4K-605-2.7 GHz Intel Core i7-5700HQ (Broadwell)-16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM-1TB 7200 rpm HDD + 128GB M.2 SSD-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M GPU (6GB GDDR5)-15.6" UHD + 4K IPS Display-3840 x 2160
-Windows 8.1

PerOllgaard

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 7:40 am

Thanks! Just have to wait for the right time to return the camera. I allready ordered the Switronix PB-70.

Christian Horne

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 9:37 am

I had to change my first BMCC as after a few weeks the battery would not cahrge to 100% it would only charge up to 75%. Even now with the new BMCC I got in exchange It will not stay on 100% after recording footage in ProRes for any longer than a minute. If it starts to to go the same way as my first BMCC then it will be going back again. Seems the internal battery has serious issues in holding charge, I have an external solution but I believe the internal battery is part of the Camera and so perform as expected.

Christian Horne

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 11:33 am

The battery is still losing life though Geoff, not good after 3 months of use, ambient temp is normal as I'm shooting a lot indoors, battery life has gon from 1hr40 to just over an hour on my BMCC :(

Return to Cinematography