My BMPC4k turning on itself immediately after turn off

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Chris Ezeani

My BMPC4k turning on itself immediately after turn off

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 8:55 am

Don't know if to call this a problem or a software issue, just two days ago, when i turn of my BMPC4K it comes back on itself and this goes ahead for like 4-5 times before it finally stops waiting till i turn it on the next time the it does it again sometimes once.

I noticed this after i connected the camera to my mac to check if there were any updates available for it at all and ever since then (Which was two days ago) this started.

Don't know how accurate this is but i also noticed that while its doing this thing and i plug the charger to it it stops and stays off. did not do an accurate test but i tried again and again switching it on and off to see if it was going to comeback on but it did not.

What do you think?

Aside from this issue, the camera is brilliant and works very well.
Chris Ezeani
http://www.knowhowtvlive.com

TheLightFactory

Re: My BMPC4k turning on itself immediately after turn off

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 9:24 am

Just so you know, the blackmagic utility doesn't actually check the internet for a new update. You have to download them manually from this website first, then connect your camera and it will find the new update. At least that's how it is for me.
Mark

Chris Ezeani

Re: My BMPC4k turning on itself immediately after turn off

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 9:59 am

Thanks man.. yeah i already checked the website and its the current version which is 1.6.2... contacted Blackmagic and they are currently arranging a pickup of my camera for checkup and a possible replacement...

Thanks again for your reply
Chris Ezeani
http://www.knowhowtvlive.com

Return to Cinematography