New camera model at NAB maybe?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Christian Horne

New camera model at NAB maybe?

PostWed Mar 26, 2014 7:32 am

With CVP in the UK lowering the price on their remaining stock of pocket cams is it possible that this is to make way for a new model to be announced at NAB?

Mapas Depique

Re: New camera model at NAB maybe?

PostWed Mar 26, 2014 9:40 am

Maybe A new high speed camera that will be shipped without high speed functionality !!! ;)

W Scothern

PostWed Mar 26, 2014 1:27 pm

This is terrifying, and very, very possible. I genuinely hope they only release a massive firmware update that addresses weaknesses in all their camera,s before they try and one up themselves for a third time.
Twitter: @Will_Scothern
Instagram: BoxRoomFilms
My Website: williamscothern.com
My Other Website: boxroomfilms.com

AdrianSierkowski

PostWed Mar 26, 2014 2:20 pm

I doubt CVP or anyone has any foreknowledge. They are probably lowering their price since they have stock around they want to move.
There may be a new camera @ NAB, there may be new firmware, or there may be other thing. I'm bettingon the last two of that.
Adrian Sierkowski
Director of Photography
http://www.adriansierkowski.com
adrian@adriansierkowski.com

Mac Jaeger

PostWed Mar 26, 2014 3:25 pm

CVP might fear that BMD will announce a new camera at NAB, and hope to sell a couple of Pocket cams before the next preordering madness will shut potential customers' purses... but i am sure they don't know any more about BMDs plans than anyone else.

Rakesh Malik

PostWed Mar 26, 2014 5:16 pm

Even if they ARE planning on announcing another camera at NAB, they would be smart to wait in order to avoid the Osborne effect.

What WOULD be a surprise would be their announcing a new camera model and making available in short order, but as far as I can tell they have a long history of making product announcements at big events regardless of whether or not the products are ready to ship.
Rakesh Malik
Cinematographer, photographer, adventurer, martial artist
http://WinterLight.studio
System:
Asus Flow X13, Octacore Zen3/32GB + XG Mobile nVidia RTX 3080/16GB
Apple M1 Mini/16GB

Christian Horne

PostWed Mar 26, 2014 5:54 pm

Maybe CVP wanted to put another order through for the Pocket Cam and BM said they aren't any because....... :D

Scott Pultz

PostWed Mar 26, 2014 6:06 pm

I would expect them to announce a new camera. NAB 2015 is too long from now

Tom

PostWed Mar 26, 2014 8:25 pm

Here is a better version of something I posted earlier. This is what I would like to see.

http://tommajerski.com/publicimages/render-1.jpg
Tom Majerski
Colourist at Tracks and Layers
http://www.Tracksandlayers.com
Motion Graphics - Colour Grading - VFX

Christian Horne

PostWed Mar 26, 2014 8:37 pm

Does it have in camera formatting Tom? ;)

This actually would be an ideal design for the BM Cams, but I would want to have Davinci Resolve built in so I could grade on the go!

AdrianSierkowski

PostWed Mar 26, 2014 10:26 pm

They still can't get it right Tom! Real cameras have angled connectors on the dumb side, like the Alexa!
Adrian Sierkowski
Director of Photography
http://www.adriansierkowski.com
adrian@adriansierkowski.com

muratcangokce

PostWed Mar 26, 2014 10:46 pm

Tom wrote:Image

Here is a better version of something I posted earlier. This is what I would like to see.

You have to be hired by BMD's product design department, Tom!
www.muratcan.film

Rafael Molina

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 12:04 am

Hehe that's almost how I imagined the "Blackmagic Hight Speed Cinema Camera"
Rafael Molina
Independent Professional Filmmaker and Producer
Medellín – Colombia

BMCC EF
Reseller: Televisión y Video Digital Ltda.
Ordered: 28th january 2013
Arrived: 5th june 2013

shanepeters@bellsouth.net

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 1:12 am

love the audio meters....thanks for adding that!

Tom

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 1:16 am

shanepeters@bellsouth.net wrote:love the audio meters....thanks for adding that!

I honestly went back and added them after seeing some of your posts. I decided it was worth addressing even if I am not too worried about having them. I cannot see a good way to add them to the current GUI and realised that a better solution would be to have them separate.
Tom Majerski

shanepeters@bellsouth.net

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 10:53 am

I nominate Tom for president of BMD

Christian Horne

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 10:57 am

I second the notion ;)

You need to design a stylish pistol grip for them now Tom :)

Jonas Bengtson

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 11:09 am

betting they will go after the ENG/Broadcast market with a new camera, remote functionality through ethernet, fiber connector for in camera grading or integration with davinci resolve live etc.

who knows.
hopefully just a firmware upate

Tom

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 11:18 am

Christian Horne wrote:I second the notion ;)

You need to design a stylish pistol grip for them now Tom :)

Just pop it on your shoulder Ghetto blaster style, hold the optional handle with one hand and the focus ring with the other.

I fear a pistol grip would snap my skinny arm :-p

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OBkbqUrlW18/U ... G_8171.JPG
Tom Majerski

grierdill

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 3:16 pm

@Tom - LOVE this design and would love it if they abandoned their current awkward design. Ikonoskop had a great form factor and I think BM could too, if they think about how it can be used totally naked versus NEEDING a rig.

Adrien Le Lorier

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 4:18 am

@Tom Thank you!!!! This is a great design, hope they ll think about it ( and even make an upgrade program for us :) )

I have to ask for a few mods on this one.

-The SSD on the back is not a good idea for those who use V-mount plate, maybe the top or a 60° angle from the sensor plan could be better.
-The screen is too close to the eye when shoulder mounted . Maybe a deported solution with one cable would be preferable if there are outputs on the front (hdmi+sdi+thunderbolt would be perfect but pricy) . A BMD screen with thunderbolt (so with the ability to use their software) , implemented audio vu , and optional loupe could be a killer option: you choose to use it ENG style or leave it to your AC.
-The audio out should be on the operator side.
-Lanc should be on the front of the camera.
-optional thread holes and 15mm clamp on the top handle.

And on the "i'm ready to pay the price side":

-Phantom powered XLR input. XLR line output.
-TC in and out
-sync

But I know I'm asking too much on this one :D

Mark Davies

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 10:16 am

What a great way to get a camera designed! Nice one Tom. However I'm going to disagree although the thought gone into it does look a familiar shoulder mounted form factor But then shoulder mounted form factor must also include a shoulder mount and a viewfinder. The pop out screen on the side is really nothing to do with this form factor.

When you use a shoulder mounted form factor in a studio it becomes less useful and why the modular form factor of building your camera became the new fashion.

This new fashion means a camera block which means you can add a monitor Cage Ext battery to make the configuration you like. On its own the block cameras are only good on a tripod But you can add or subtract what you want the simplest is to add a carry handle a monitor and a mic.

BMD's shape leaves more space on the rails for other stuff and easier to back into a corner.

I guess the bottom line is BMD leave it to us to create the form factor we want around the camera while giving us enough to get started with out add ons. Personally I'd prefer a camera I can configure and on that basis the BMD design is quite good. The thing is if say they built in a flip monitor many would still add their own and how long would it be before the monitor became old hat. I think treating the monitor as a tool for using the menu and basic setup and an outboard monitor is standard practice for most.

I don't think 4k raw will be out of date though Not for a long time. Keeping the price low and giving us precisely what we need in terms of picture and a form factor that can be built on according to individual needs is actually in my opinion shockingly good.
Mark Davies

Tom

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 12:04 pm

Mark2929 wrote: But then shoulder mounted form factor must also include a shoulder mount and a viewfinder. The pop out screen on the side is really nothing to do with this form factor.

A viewfinder would greatly increase the cost of the camera, you can still attach one to this design and have the screen fold back on itself to keep it out of the way.

Having the screen fold out and tilt just makes it more versatile for other forms of shooting, such as on a tripod low angle or high angle so that the screen can be adjusted to always face the operator. Perhaps even a cheap loupe could be added to turn it into a viewfinder - perhaps too big for that....

Mark2929 wrote:
When you use a shoulder mounted form factor in a studio it becomes less useful and why the modular form factor of building your camera became the new fashion.

This new fashion means a camera block which means you can add a monitor Cage Ext battery to make the configuration you like. On its own the block cameras are only good on a tripod But you can add or subtract what you want the simplest is to add a carry handle a monitor and a mic.

This camera design is also modular. The shoulder pad is just there as an example, as is the top handle. The two images above show it in its stripped down form.

Thanks for the feedback :-)
Tom Majerski

Mark Davies

PostFri Mar 28, 2014 3:41 pm

Tom wrote:Thanks for the feedback :-)

You're welcome!
Mark Davies

Mark Davies

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 9:05 am

Wow Tom How did you do that? I would never in a million years have got this. I was completely dumbfounded when I heard about the Ursa. The thought that springs to mind is they are completely mad or completely brilliant. Well done on not ONLY being a forum boffin but also predicting the future!

Could you draw a new picture of a BMPC for me? One without hot pixels and FPN as a firmware update? (Plays theme from X Files) :)
Mark Davies

Ryan Jones

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 11:18 am

Tom, do you mind designing me a lotto ticket for next week?

Tom

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 12:16 pm

To the credit of BMD, I simply created what myself and others had been asking for. If the Ursa is similar, it is because BMD do infact listen to us.
Tom Majerski

Theodore Prentice

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 12:45 pm

or

it is a form factor that already exists (and has existed) from just about every other camera manufactuer

bhook

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 12:53 pm

I have an old Sony TVR950 MiniDV gathering dust on a shelf that knew something about the future apparently. :D

Tom

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 1:04 pm

It would be really great if you guys gave it a rest with the constant negativity.

I can understand and appreciate people with current concerns regarding things with BMD, but when you leap on every discussion and just bring it down all the time, it does nothing to add any value to the conversation.

TP - any chance I could have a look at your work, I would be interested to know what kind of stuff you do, perhaps it would give me some more perspective on what you are wanting out of a camera (besides it working properly of course). Do you have any website or showreel links?
Tom Majerski

Theodore Prentice

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 1:23 pm

gotten so tired of this "response" that I feel its time to *fire back*

I have posted PLENTY of helpful posts since joining here back in 2012

You guys dont seem to want anybody in this insdustry to say anything that goes against what YOU want to say or believe.

I pre ordered two bmcc's .. day one, took delivery of one, at orignal price. Waited months, just like everybody else around here.
Took delivery of, and started shooting with, before MANY of you here did. (posted pics and feed back in the early days)

Plenty of positive reviews from me on the orignal BMCC

Ordered a pocket cam (against my own initial thoughts on it) RETURNED it. How ever did use it for one shot, as b-cam and found the footage to intermix well with the other footage.
And thank God I did so when I did, or else Id have gotten stuck with a "non returnable" item, which somehow became the policy at the vendor from which I purchased my camera.

Had a 4k on pre order too, canceled it. Not impressed with the issues some are having.

I take time to look at alot of posts and respond with constructive criticism to many MANY threads on this site.

And I'll tell you point blank "Tom", nothing you have written on this site or have contributed has acounted for one measly cent to my bottom line.

Many of you will take immediate offense, and cry foul. As you already know, I couldnt care any less.

Been in this business long enough, and will continue to do so, even in the face of the wild "dog pile on the rabbit" routine that has gone on around here from day one.

Tom, youre image looks like the bmcc merged into a common style camera body. The bmcc was under fire for its ergonomice from the very beginning.
You mad that I said that? Really?

You guys can stick YOUR negative comments about everything i post up your (you know what)

I dont remember having to get your permission to sign up and post here, I abide by the forum rules, and own the gear (and shoot for $ with it) in question.

I repeat.. took delivery of, and been shooting for $$ with the BMCC before you even cracked the box open on your camera.

Tom

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 1:49 pm

ok,

so any chance I can see some of your work?
Tom Majerski

Theodore Prentice

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 1:57 pm

What is your budget?

(which is my standard answer when someone asks me anything to to with "my work")

Are you gonna go jump all the people out there on the forum breaking forum rules everyday? [besides the standard 'this is a real name forum']
You gonna go harass the guys that dont even own BMD cameras (let alone ANY of their other gear)

Maybe you remember, and maybe you dont.. there was a guy who posted on here about his bmcc went down in the middle of a shoot in NYC, probably around last summer sometime, I offered him mine, 100% free of charge so he could finish his PAID gig.

Dont pretend to come on here and act like you need to get an idea of what kind of camera Im looking for, Ive shot with so many diffferent directors, actors, singers, on film, video, dlsr, it would make your head spin.

If you are requesting a portfolio for consideration of hiring my company, pm me with the details.

Putting "cinematographer" in your signature line, and have a website doesnt make you so.

Mark Davies

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 2:07 pm

Tom wrote:To the credit of BMD, I simply created what myself and others had been asking for. If the Ursa is similar, it is because BMD do infact listen to us.

Tom, Have people actually been asking for that? I don't think anyone has asked for a 10" monitor Huge sound meters two more 5" monitors It is an innovative design that's for sure. Its also coming out on the 31st July and those words make me quake with fear at the disappointing long wait that is likely to follow.

I think most of us here have gone out and bought the monitors and peripherals to adorn our previous BM cameras so to come out with this its a bit like saying Ahaha GOTCHYA! For many here the idea of BM was to get pro gear at semi pro prices but buying all the peripherals and then introducing the URSA is a little heartbreaking for BM customers and the sort of marketing usually reserved by Japanese manufacturers.

I think what many really wanted was to hear good solid updates and fixes for current cameras and working towards BM regaining some good will. Instead it seems BM are looking to conquer the pro markets as well as us. Good strategy for them and if we get current models updated and fixed good for us. However so far nothing on the horizon and what Im getting is a denial there are even hot/fixed pixels on my camera when correctly exposed. Really very worrying as far as customer service is going.
Mark Davies

Jules Bushell

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 2:15 pm

Mark2929 wrote:
Tom wrote:To the credit of BMD, I simply created what myself and others had been asking for. If the Ursa is similar, it is because BMD do infact listen to us.

Tom, Have people actually been asking for that? I don't think anyone has asked for a 10" monitor Huge sound meters two more 5" monitors It is an innovative design that's for sure. Its also coming out on the 31st July and those words make me quake with fear at the disappointing long wait that is likely to follow.

I think most of us here have gone out and bought the monitors and peripherals to adorn our previous BM cameras so to come out with this its a bit like saying Ahaha GOTCHYA! For many here the idea of BM was to get pro gear at semi pro prices but buying all the peripherals and then introducing the URSA is a little heartbreaking for BM customers and the sort of marketing usually reserved by Japanese manufacturers.

I think what many really wanted was to hear good solid updates and fixes for current cameras and working towards BM regaining some good will. Instead it seems BM are looking to conquer the pro markets as well as us. Good strategy for them and if we get current models updated and fixed good for us. However so far nothing on the horizon and what Im getting is a denial there are even hot/fixed pixels on my camera when correctly exposed. Really very worrying as far as customer service is going.

Someone on another thread said they talked to a BMD rep at NAB who said the firmware update was coming and would have been out if not for putting their small company resources into the URSA to get ready for the exhibition.

I am very hopeful now that the firmware update for their older cameras is just around the corner.

Jules
Jules Bushell
url: www.nonmultiplexcinema.com
url: www.filmmeansbusiness.com
url: www.blurtheline.co.uk

Tom

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 2:29 pm

Theodore Prentice wrote:What is your budget?

(which is my standard answer when someone asks me anything to to with "my work")

Are you gonna go jump all the people out there on the forum breaking forum rules everyday? [besides the standard 'this is a real name forum']
You gonna go harass the guys that dont even own BMD cameras (let alone ANY of their other gear)

Maybe you remember, and maybe you dont.. there was a guy who posted on here about his bmcc went down in the middle of a shoot in NYC, probably around last summer sometime, I offered him mine, 100% free of charge so he could finish his PAID gig.

Dont pretend to come on here and act like you need to get an idea of what kind of camera Im looking for, Ive shot with so many diffferent directors, actors, singers, on film, video, dlsr, it would make your head spin.

If you are requesting a portfolio for consideration of hiring my company, pm me with the details.

Putting "cinematographer" in your signature line, and have a website doesnt make you so.

I am not harassing you, I am just asking to see your work. Most people are more than happy to share.
Why are you so reticent to show me your work?

Most of the time I do look up peoples work on here, they either put a link in their Sig or I just search their name. For whatever reason I cannot find your work online - so I have just asked directly, that's all.

What is your company?

You say you have worked with many people on project - great! impressive stuff indeed. I would love to hear some specifics though.
Tom Majerski

Theodore Prentice

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 2:47 pm

My perogative, nothing reticent about it. I've readily answered your request.

You want to go at me for your claimed negtivity on this site?

Never said you were harassing me, I asked if you were going to take your claim to those who are actually trolling and/or negative. (Don't know to many trolls that would hand deliver a brand new camera to a complete stranger in a pinch)

The answer is clearly no.

You want to see the p.o. for having Panasonic come out and upgrade my system to 16 point rgb tracking then having Greg Loewn come out and recalibrate it with a PR 670 ?
(We don't grade on computer monitors here)

Jason R. Johnston

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 2:52 pm

I just saw this. Nice work, Tom. I'm glad the real version is more Alexa/CineAlta-like. But, spot on, sir.
JASONRJOHNSTON.COM | CINEMATOGRAPHER | DIRECTOR | EDITOR | COLORIST
RED Komodo | DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5 | 2023 MacBook M2 Pro 14

Shayne Kasai

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 2:55 pm

I like the flip out monitor - OLED right ;)

One thing that I need to address on my BMPC is the screen, either via a shade, EVF or I've even considered an external monitor. I did some running and gunning with the camera and in the sunlight the screen is useless. These smaller form factor cameras also entice me to shoot at odd angles and this was something I could do easily with a GH3 and a flip screen.

Mark2929 wrote:

Wow Tom How did you do that? I would never in a million years have got this. I was completely dumbfounded when I heard about the Ursa. The thought that springs to mind is they are completely mad or completely brilliant. Well done on not ONLY being a forum boffin but also predicting the future!

Could you draw a new picture of a BMPC for me? One without hot pixels and FPN as a firmware update? (Plays theme from X Files) :)

Tom

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 3:01 pm

Theodore Prentice wrote:My perogative, nothing reticent about it. I've readily answered your request.

You want to go at me for your claimed negtivity on this site?

Never said you were harassing me, I asked if you were going to take your claim to those who are actually trolling and/or negative. (Don't know to many trolls that would hand deliver a brand new camera to a complete stranger in a pinch)

The answer is clearly no.

You want to see the p.o. for having Panasonic come out and upgrade my system to 16 point rgb tracking then having Greg Loewn come out and recalibrate it with a PR 670 ?
(We don't grade on computer monitors here)

So just to summarise, correct me if I am wrong (goes without saying that you will)

- You will not tell anyone your real name
- You will not show anyone your work
- You will not tell anyone the name of your company
- You insist upon complete anonymity by virtue of the above 3 points
- You will not provide any reasons for the above 3 points, other than because you just don't want to.

Can you see why some folk have a hard time taking what you say seriously? You have zero credibility by choice.

I am what I am, I am young, I work in the industry on a freelance basis, you know my name and where I live and I am more than willing to show my level of skill (which is no doubt way below some other users on here). I have nothing to hide. You might well have ten times more experience, money, skills and have a very impressive portfolio - but what good is claiming that if you refuse to back it up with any evidence.

Do you have to prove yourself to me or anyone on here? No of course not. But perhaps your comments would hold more validity with others if you did not insist upon hiding behind complete anonymity.

Anyway. Back to work.
Good day to you.
Tom Majerski

Theodore Prentice

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 3:06 pm

Again

Real name is right in your face.

You made a claim which I tossed back to you with verifiable threads right here on this site.

Instead of addressing it, you do what you always do, get super verbose, and head off on any # of tangents.

Good day to you to.

Jason R. Johnston

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 3:10 pm

Tom wrote:You might well have ten times more experience, money, skills and have a very impressive portfolio

Don't you know, Tom? "Prentice" is actually Roger Deakins hatin' on anyone who threatens his beloved Arri. ;)

*Apologies to the real Roger Deakins, ASC, BSC...and Arri.
JASONRJOHNSTON.COM | CINEMATOGRAPHER | DIRECTOR | EDITOR | COLORIST
RED Komodo | DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5 | 2023 MacBook M2 Pro 14

Theodore Prentice

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 3:18 pm

Tom wrote:Can you see why some folk have a hard time taking what you say seriously?

yet, youve comitted so much of your time and keyboarding skills AVOIDING the initial points I called you to task on.

I dont exist in a vacuum. The accusation you made, to which I am still calling YOU out on are readily verifiable, should you take the time to look...

Troll, hardly.
Negative, maybe, but there are two sides to every coin, and what is positive or negative to one will not certainly hold the same for another.

had that been you with a broken bmcc and I offered mine up to you with out so much as need a penny out of you, or ever having met you (just offered because I work in the same geographic, and you happen to be on this site, in need) would you need to see my credentials before accepting, Tom? Want to see my resume, see my portfolio before accepting? Hmm?

Soeren Mueller

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 3:19 pm

Jason R. Johnston wrote:Don't you know, Tom? "Prentice" is actually Roger Deakins hatin' on anyone who threatens his beloved Arri. ;)

lol :D ... by the way, if true then heads off to Mr. Deakins for such a good Cartman impersonation! ;)
Last edited by Soeren Mueller on Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theodore Prentice

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 3:20 pm

Jason R. Johnston wrote:
Tom wrote:You might well have ten times more experience, money, skills and have a very impressive portfolio

Don't you know, Tom? "Prentice" is actually Roger Deakins hatin' on anyone who threatens his beloved Arri. ;)

Again, more of the same knee jerk, reactionary nonsense that has been prevalent on this site from day one.

But if Kholi tells you uncompressed video isnt, you wont even bat an eye lash...

funny

Tom

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 3:31 pm

Theodore Prentice wrote:
had that been you with a broken bmcc and I offered mine up to you with out so much as need a penny out of you, or ever having met you (just offered because I work in the same geographic, and you happen to be on this site, in need) would you need to see my credentials before accepting, Tom? Want to see my resume, see my portfolio before accepting? Hmm?

Yea of course. How could I take such a generous offer seriously if the person is impossible to find online, as their name is not linked with any video work of any kind other than on two BMD forums.

What am I to tell my director -" yea we have a guy who says he will lend us his camera for nothing, his name does not show up on google as a film maker or any kind, he wont tell me the name of his company or links to any of his work - but I say we rely upon it anyway?"

You seem to call me to task on so much, could you be more specific so that I may finally and directly answer your questions?
Tom Majerski

rick.lang

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 4:14 pm

Gentlemen, I think we recognize that there are differences among different people. We don't assume everyone fits our own mold, views, behaviour, perspective, experience, attitude, beliefs, rationale, preferences, and so on. Let's not feel we need to prove our points in the face of disagreement and contrary views. It's all right that we have these differences and each of us discerns what we find valuable in any argument.

If anyone feels they are being questioned or criticized or attacked or castigated, they are not likely to react in a supportive manner. It's fine we all state our view and our priorities, but there's no expectation that everyone will agree with them and no need to be convinced of their veracity. Debate is healthy but there are no winners here when debate becomes overly argumentative or aggressive.

My opinion of which you are free to disagree.

Rick Lang
Sent using Tapatalk HD
Rick Lang

Theodore Prentice

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 4:28 pm

would be pretty foolish for me to offer the guy my camera, on BMDs website, in New York City. (and I actually offered him a bit more than that, to, you know, be helpful)

but hey, if your production is that important big Tom.. by all means, deny the offer for help while you google away trying to make your daffy point

Theodore Prentice

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 4:29 pm

rick.lang wrote:Gentlemen, I think we recognize that there are differences among different people. We don't assume everyone fits our own mold, views, behaviour, perspective, experience, attitude, beliefs, rationale, preferences, and so on. Let's not feel we need to prove our points in the face of disagreement and contrary views. It's all right that we have these differences and each of us discerns what we find valuable in any argument.

If anyone feels they are being questioned or criticized or attacked or castigated, they are not likely to react in a supportive manner. It's fine we all state our view and our priorities, but there's no expectation that everyone will agree with them and no need to be convinced of their veracity. Debate is healthy but there are no winners here when debate becomes overly argumentative or aggressive.

My opinion of which you are free to disagree.

Rick Lang
Sent using Tapatalk HD

well stated!

rick.lang

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 7:42 pm

Thanks, Theodore.

Rick Lang
Sent using Tapatalk HD
Rick Lang

Return to Cinematography