Ultrastudio Pro audio metering

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Andy Mees

Ultrastudio Pro audio metering

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 4:25 am

Hi Guys

A little while back I was looking at the UltraStudio Pro as a possible I/O unit for a new suite and was interested to know some tech details regarding the front piece levels display. Unfortunately I was not able to elicit a response from Blackmagic at the time but I'm still keen to hear any details as there is still a good possibility of augmenting our existing IOs, especially as it should also allow us to monitor from Resolve . I'm just trying to see how configurable the device might be as it seems I could make a pretty strong argument for it if it could also be used to replace an alternative / additional metering solution.

Questions then. Is the audio metering channel switchable or a fixed 2 channel downmix display only? As far as I can tell, the audio meters do not appear to display any direct indication of the actual levels being monitored. Are the (green/orange, orange/red) threshold levels user definable or are they fixed? Is there any means to switch between a full scale display and reference scale display? And is it possible to switch between PPM, VU and True Peak display or is it strictly VU only.

Many thanks in advance.
Andy Mees
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Andy Mees

Re: Ultrastudio Pro audio metering

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 8:15 am

Apologies. Having browsed the forum a bit more, it looks like the "Getting Started" section may have been a more suitable place for this post ... if any of the mods would care to move it, please feel free.

Thanks
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Return to Post Production