Feature Request

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

dqford

Feature Request

PostMon Nov 19, 2012 2:02 am

I'd love it if we could get Vertical Window resizing on the Color Page.

Right now, I can only resize the Viewer, Gallery and Node windows horizontally. I'd really like it if I could make the Tracker Window, Key Frame Window and RGB controls larger (Wider and higher).

Thanks!

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Feature Request

PostMon Nov 19, 2012 3:07 am

Hi, the Resolve UI has many years of development to balance the screen space, number of clicks and speed of operation. You maybe just need some more time on the interface to become accustomed to its operation.
Peter
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Nov 19, 2012 3:26 am

I think maybe the difference now is with Lite and Resolve penetrating into the "consumer" market you're gonna have a LOT more users not working with a control surface which is what the many years of development is probably based around ...

So the UI may be refined to work great with a control surface, but without one many users are probably going to want to customize the UI to suit their (mouse clicking) needs more. IMHO of course. It works well for me on a 27" monitor just mouse clicking around but also thinking out loud here and seeing dqford has a point... Thanks Peter! :)
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

dqford

PostMon Nov 19, 2012 1:58 pm

I use a Tangent Element with a 30" NEC monitor as GUI.

Even on a 30" screen, and with a control surface, I would still like to adjust the windows vertically as I find myself having to squint my eyes often.

However, yes, I agree with Peter that it is a very well-thought out GUI, I just want larger icons and windows because it would be much easier on my eyes. My request wasn't meant in any way as a criticism of the GUI design, just a feature request for those of use with less than perfect vision.

Return to Post Production