Database problem

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Blain Brown

Database problem

PostThu Aug 14, 2014 10:13 pm

Installed Resolve 11 Lite on my new Mac Pro. It won't let me start a new database. Error reads "Error
Failed to open database connection: could not connect to server Connection refused Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 54327 QPSQL Unable to connect"

I was able to install 11 Lite on my Mac Book Pro, which is running the same latest version of Mavericks — it opened my old database from DaVinci Lite 8. Is there some way I can transfer the database from the Mac Book Pro to the new Mac Pro?

Blain Brown

Re: Database problem

PostThu Aug 14, 2014 10:35 pm

Solved it. I went to the PostGreSQL folder and used "Start Server"

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Database problem

PostFri Aug 15, 2014 12:01 am

Try creating a Disk database. The error you see is likely because PostgreSQL is not running for some reason.

Resolve 8 projects will not load in V10 or V11. You would need to install V9, load any V8 projects you need, SAVE them in V9, then those V9 saved projects should load in V10 and V11.

You can move a database using the Database Manager Backup and Restore menus.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve