Setting up a Avid Media Composer Friendly System

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Gavin Benjamin

Setting up a Avid Media Composer Friendly System

PostFri Apr 24, 2015 5:19 pm

Hey guys so I am new to resolve as in being a user, I want to set up a Working Resolve sytem that gives me good performance in resolve and Avid media Composer on windows.

I am considering a dual card system however im not sure what Cards i can use other then getting two high end Quadro cards I know GTX will work in avid but i have heard some people get some errors while using some fx in avid unless this has change now in AMC 8.3.1

Can i use a Quadro and a GTX for resolve (quadro for GUI)

Does any one have a example of a good working system...
G.

Dermot Shane

Re: Setting up a Avid Media Composer Friendly System

PostFri Apr 24, 2015 6:13 pm

i have MC8.3 & Resolve 11.3 running well, i have a z800, 48gig, dual 6core proc's, k2200, sas array, color & artist panels.. use source cache on Resolve, and then it's fine, MC runs really well

i usualy work at DCi2K or HD, not 4k

Gavin Benjamin

PostFri Apr 24, 2015 6:24 pm

similar to my system im also on a z820 32gb quadro 2000D, I will be working in 4k in different flavors. do you know if we can also use a GTX with the quadro to help in Resolve and if so how does that work with the drivers
G.

Dermot Shane

PostFri Apr 24, 2015 9:31 pm

Gavin Benjamin wrote:similar to my system im also on a z820 32gb quadro 2000D, I will be working in 4k in different flavors. do you know if we can also use a GTX with the quadro to help in Resolve and if so how does that work with the drivers

i have been told that the best thing is to load the quadro drivers, and then go to gamer card in device manager, and update it's driver there

MC is pretty specfic about the supported cars, and the q2000 is on the list, the k2200 has 4gig of ram tho, so alot more than the q2000's 1gig...

useable performance in Resolve, really good in MC / BLE or Nucoda on the same machine

heat and power were the issues i saw when i looked at adding a GTX to the z800, as the k2200 does well enough for what i ask of it, i didn't bother with it.

d

Return to DaVinci Resolve