Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

[Request] 3dconnexion puck support?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Les Candle

[Request] 3dconnexion puck support?

PostMon May 25, 2015 9:40 pm

As I've got 3dConnexion support in my of my apps (MotionBuilder, 3DCoat, Lightwave, 3ds Max, etc.), it would be great to have it supported in Fusion!

If a single developer could implement it long ago for 3DCoat (they now have many developers), I'm sure the talented folks at Black Magic could bring this to Fusion.

It's not a mouse, it's used by the left hand - and once you use it, it's very hard to go back!!!

Chad Capeland

Re: [REQUEST] 3dconnexion puck support?

PostMon May 25, 2015 11:18 pm

We had one working a long time ago, back when the Navigator came out. The problem was there's nothing in the SDK to allow you to add input devices, so we had to make a modifier set that would allow you to move the camera/object around. The problem was that you could then ONLY move it with the puck, so it wasn't terribly useful other than to show Isaac "Hey, this is what we want, just without the modifiers". Rather than add support for this device, they should allow anyone to add any device for input to navigate. It could be an optically tracked virtual camera, Leap Motion, Faro, Phantom, whatever.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Jason Conrad

Re: [REQUEST] 3dconnexion puck support?

PostWed Jul 29, 2020 1:02 pm

Bump. Yes, I know this post is 5 years old, but I just tried my spacemouse, and it works so well for jog/shuttle on the edit page that I use it all the time in Resolve, now. But being able to fly around a 3D camera in Fusion like I can in C4D would be incredible.
-MacBook Pro (14,3) i7 2.9 GHz 16 GB, Intel 630, AMD 560 x1
-[DR 17.0 Beta9]

Return to Fusion