Where to get Blackmagic Media Express?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Jl1223

Where to get Blackmagic Media Express?

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 2:52 pm

I i've had a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle (Thunderbolt) sitting on my shelf for some time now. I opened it once my new laptop (and some other stuff) came.

I was expecting them to give a video editing/creating software of some kind alongside the intensity shuttle. Apparently, it is the Blackmagic Media Express. However, on the disc named 'Blackmagic', I don't really find much that I can use for this.

Blackmagic Media Express should be free if we have the intensity shuttle, and yet the disc doesn't have it. Any help?

Also, can iMovie record from the Intensity Shuttle?

Christine Peterson

Re: Where to get Blackmagic Media Express?

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 8:16 pm

I think you'll find what you're looking for in the Desktop Video software. You can find a free download and the manual in the Support section of the Blackmagic website. (Here's a link to the Mac version, and the PC version.) Media Express is basic capture/playback software and is included in the Desktop Video download.
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 10:47 pm

In response to your iMovie question, you will not be able to record directly to iMovie through the Intensity Shuttle. The mapping structure required to get the hardware to communicate with iMovie does not exist. You can, however, capture in Media Express (downloadable with the Desktop Video driver Christine has guided you to), and then import the captured file into iMovie for editing. If you had software like Final Cut Pro 7 or Adobe Premiere CS6, you would be able to capture directly to that software. Note that Final Cut Pro X does not have a capture feature and the workflow for capturing/editing would be the same as that for iMovie.
Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

vjklat

PostWed May 08, 2013 6:42 pm

I cant find the osx drivers and software for intensity shuttle usb 3.0, not even desktop video software, on the support page there is only the pdf.
i found the desktop video software for other products but not for mine.
thanks
fabio

Darrell Sim

Blackmagic Design

PostThu May 09, 2013 6:30 am

Hi Fabio,

The Intensity Shuttle USB3.0 is not able to work with Mac at the moment as listed on the tech specs. Only the Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt is supported on the Mac for the Intensity Shuttle series. You may refer to this link for details. http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/product ... techspecs/

We are looking into this situation, however there's no definite time line on when will this be implemented. We do kindly seek your kind understanding in this matter.
Darrell Sim
Support Engineer
Blackmagic Design Asia
support-asia@blackmagicdesign.com

Daniel Troyer

PostThu Jun 25, 2015 9:20 pm

I've downloaded the Desktop Video package and I get the
Desktop Video Utility
LiveKey
Multibridge Utility
Uninstaller
but no Media Express software.

Is there somewhere else I should be looking? Is there a new name for the software?

/Daniel

Colin Barrett

PostThu Jul 02, 2015 12:39 pm

The Desktop Video package contains Media Express. Install Desktop Video and it will install Media Express from within the package.
Blackmagic Teranex 2D, Ultrastudio Express, Intensity Shuttle (Thunderbolt), Two H.264 Pro Recorders (Mac OSX) & lots of old VTRs used for digital archiving of legacy video formats for major libraries, broadcasters, universities and public archives.

Return to Getting Started