akai APC-40 Midi controller mapped to resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Glenn Venghaus

akai APC-40 Midi controller mapped to resolve

PostTue Oct 20, 2015 9:00 am

2017-10-05_08-35-54.jpg
2017-10-05_08-35-54.jpg (496.84 KiB) Viewed 25809 times

Edit : updated this first post in this long thread with always current latest info, so saves you a long read to find out what you need ;-)

Inspired by the many posts here and on liftgammagain forum i did a huge nerdy insane project and turned my AKAI APC-40 midi controller now fine-tuned over more then 2 years into "The Ultimate budged Davinci Resolve Controller on Steroids"
Check it out for yourselves in below videos and quickly scoop up one of the few remaining APC-40's (MK1 !!) before it is too late

More info and online shop for both the APC40 as well as the portable Beatstep Resolve Edition controller kits >>>> http://posttools.tachyon-consulting.com

Quick 1 minute impression:

Full (~46 minutes long, not complete current but good overview) operations guide:

(skip to 23:00 for OFX control and custom user programmable controls or to 38:40 for Fairlight/Edit page mixer)

FYI Current running 40% discounts Cybersales till 26 nov 2018 on posttools.tachyon-consulting.com (also valid for Beatstep Resolve Edition)
Last edited by Glenn Venghaus on Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Beatstep & APC-40 Resolve Edition Controllers https://posttools.tachyon-consulting.com
Test Rig : 2xXeon (24c) | UNRAID KVM OSX VM's | 128GB | 5700XT | 40Gbe
Prod Rig : i9-7940X (14c) | OSX 10.15 | 64GB | 2xVega 56 | 40Gbe | Tb3 | V:Eizo | A:5.1RME

Glenn Venghaus

Re: Midi controller mapped to resolve

PostTue Oct 20, 2015 3:18 pm

Here a quick video of how it works in practice.

< removed as outdated, see 1st post for video >
Last edited by Glenn Venghaus on Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beatstep & APC-40 Resolve Edition Controllers https://posttools.tachyon-consulting.com
Prod Rig : i9-7940X (14c) | OSX 10.15 | 64GB | 2xVega 56 | 40Gbe | Tb3 | V:Eizo | A:5.1RME

Dermot Shane

PostWed Oct 21, 2015 5:35 pm

brilliant!

if you want a beta tester, i'd be in.... seems a great combo for home use with the new tangent low cost balls-n-wheels, or beside the Artist Color surface

i'm not a programer, i did look at this and thought it too big a learning curve for me

i also think you could turn the hours sepnt into a small payback by selling the script, i'd pay a bit to avoid the learning curve

maybe you should cross-post this to LLG?

Glenn Venghaus

PostWed Oct 21, 2015 6:40 pm

I am more of an open source / give it away for free guy ;-)
I will play with it for a few weeks , clean up , document a bit (also for myself as even looking at it after some days makes me dizzy) and then most likely if its stable enough just make it available for download and play with as you please.
Obviously you need to already own an apc-40. But i guess even for other midi controller you can benefit for the examples etc.

Also and most importantly , as all mouse based controls work base of exact screen coordinates , it would still require a lot of work to adapt each and every coordinate to your screen coordinates.
But with a day of clicking and lots of black coffee that is a small price to pay and worth the effort.

davidanderson

PostWed Oct 21, 2015 8:53 pm

That is really cool!

I'm using an X-Keys interface, much easier to setup of course, your system is some extreme hacking :)

I've often wondered about remapping a Sony RM450 so that the controls work with resolve and other editing software. I love that machine.
e.g. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151660968158

Glenn Venghaus

PostThu Oct 22, 2015 8:10 am

That Sony RM450 is some serious cool vintage stuff.
Checked the specs and with a 13 pin who knows what + RS-422 this wont be plug and play unfortunately.

davidanderson

PostThu Oct 22, 2015 10:07 am

It's actually not all that bad, LANC and 422, they just have such a great feel.

Dermot Shane

PostThu Oct 22, 2015 3:58 pm

for me, this was the best edit system, the Axial3000;

but that was then (with an A84+, 4ch A57, 4ch A66, 16ch Pluto disk recorders, 4 x BTS D1's), other than speed, timeline interactivity, and control, Resolve on a $2,00 machine wipes the floor with it.... still a decades old Axial has far better timeline interactivity and control, meaning things get done faster.. but yea a ton-0-buttons is a great way to get through the day quickly...

Glenn Venghaus

PostFri Jan 08, 2016 12:02 pm

Added my full controllermate config to the first post. Feel free to use it , learn from it, whatever (or not)

Stuart Smith

PostFri Jan 08, 2016 1:06 pm

OMG, the visual field trim mode, macros and automatic caching w/ DDRs, alone, made this thing amazing, and thats just scratching the surface. I don't think theres a day that goes by where I dont wish I was back in an A84/A57 room at some point during the day. Although, the past is usually looked at through rose tinted glasses :) Still wish they'd managed to fix the A57 frame delay like GVG did with the Kadenza.

Dermot Shane wrote:for me, this was the best edit system, the Axial3000;

but that was then (with an A84+, 4ch A57, 4ch A66, 16ch Pluto disk recorders, 4 x BTS D1's), other than speed, timeline interactivity, and control, Resolve on a $2,00 machine wipes the floor with it.... still a decades old Axial has far better timeline interactivity and control, meaning things get done faster.. but yea a ton-0-buttons is a great way to get through the day quickly...

JPOwens

PostFri Jan 08, 2016 11:31 pm

Dermot Shane wrote:for me, this was the best edit system, the Axial3000;

It was pretty good... loved the ability to edit on fields... helped with those 29.97 jobs with 2:3 pulldown.

Although for me, the apotheosis of power and efficiency punching way above its weight (although not an online controller) was the TLC2 that came with later daVinci systems. Bless you Mr. Lindelien, wherever you are.

jPo

Glenn Venghaus

PostSun Jan 10, 2016 1:22 am

Added a usage instruction video of my controllermate APC-40 mapping to the 1st post

Alexandre Westphal

PostSun Apr 03, 2016 7:37 pm

Hi Glenn,

Congrats, it is awesome !! :o

I'm trying to achieve the same things with a Behringer CMD-DV1 and a orbit trackball with wheel.

My knobs send signal as 63 (left) and 65 (right). I can manage with controllermate to make it click in the saturation area for example and then drag the mouse 1 pixel on the right or on the left, but it only does it once. If I continue to turn the knob in the same direction, nothing happen (the cursor is not going anywhere more on the left or right). Do you have any idea how to do it ?

Thanks in advance.

All the rest works as a charm ! The trackball is great, except for the wheel that is not smooth enough for small adjustments...

Best,
Alex
www.embelliefilms.fr

Glenn Venghaus

PostSun Apr 03, 2016 9:24 pm

Hi Alex, good that it inspired you to build your own sollution.
Obviously it is dfficult to remotely diagnose with limited information, but getting the saturation and similar type of number field based controls to work exactly how you want , took me days or even weeks fidlimg around with timings, different building blocks and different approaches.

One thing that could be bugging you by the sounds of it is that you need to find a dependable way to detect repeat generations of the same value (eg a 65 for right) and turn that into repeated signals further down the chain. One trick that works with most building blocks is to look into the detailed settings tabs and check of the box to not only react on new values but on ANY value. It could be as simple as that.
You could use a pulse building block that generates a microsecond pulse on every detected 65 for example and use that to drive the cursor movement. But that is just one way.
Before you program any mouse action the controller should just work and scroll left and right over the saturation field. Only then move on to the mouse actions.
For that to work (a click and hold action, not just click) controllermate must be closed (the deamon will take over) otherwise the mouse will do nothing.

Once you get that to work you will discover another world of pain to figure out in timing as you need to prevent your actions to be registered as a duobleclick when you move the controller fast.
When you are at that stage, check my solutions and see of it gives you ideas how to apply that to your setup.
Similarly and specificaly with any controller that requires a click and hold action you need to build mechanismes to prevent interference when you move another controller at the same time or within timeoit windows.
Good news is you will learn lots of stuff along the way . Had fun at least ( and wanted to destroy the setup with a hammer at least as many times) :-)

Henrik Holmberg

PostMon Apr 04, 2016 12:33 pm

Alex West wrote:Hi Glenn,

Congrats, it is awesome !! :o

I'm trying to achieve the same things with a Behringer CMD-DV1 and a orbit trackball with wheel.

My knobs send signal as 63 (left) and 65 (right). I can manage with controllermate to make it click in the saturation area for example and then drag the mouse 1 pixel on the right or on the left, but it only does it once. If I continue to turn the knob in the same direction, nothing happen (the cursor is not going anywhere more on the left or right). Do you have any idea how to do it ?

Thanks in advance.

All the rest works as a charm ! The trackball is great, except for the wheel that is not smooth enough for small adjustments...

Best,
Alex

That's a coincidence. I guess you got tempted by the price of the unit as well, because I just ordered one yesterday with exactly the same idea in mind as you! It reminded me of a CCU controller in the layout and for €35 it was worth a shot. Will probably recieve it tomorrow.

If you want to work together on it in some way on making it work that might be an option, or if you come up with a solution, please share it!

Alexandre Westphal

PostFri Apr 08, 2016 7:37 am

Hi Henrik, Hi Glenn,

Things seems to work pretty well now.

For the knobs I've figured something out like this :

The exterior part of the thing (with the number gate) is to make sure that only the first movement of the knob will make the cursor move and click down (and hold down) - you have to check report only new values on the appropriate block ; then, the little part (with the two blocks) and the XOR block, make that each new movement moves the cursor, then with a little delay, the click is up and the process starts again.
I think I can improve it by adding a litte delay of 0,01s in the small part (the 63 block and the pulse). But I'll try later.
Any way, this should work for you if you change the position of the cursor which is adapted to my 2550*1440 screen.

The other thing is the dual function of buttons : Hold click and short click with this mapping :

Tell me if that goes well for you with that as a starting point Henrik.

Cheers,

Alex
www.embelliefilms.fr

Glenn Venghaus

PostSat Apr 09, 2016 7:30 am

Good you got it to work. Regarding dual functions of buttons , you can also find several sollutions for that in my config. Have even on off buttons that cycle through multiple menu options after each click.
The only limitation is your imagination

I suggest you create a separate thread for your midi controller and also share your solution as a total package with instructions and useage video as i did , when you are ready.

Glenn Venghaus

PostSat Apr 09, 2016 7:35 am

Ps what you may look at next is include a mechanisme to protect again influence of touching another controller at the same time. That will mess you up now. Check my config for a solution using modifier blocks .

Alexandre Westphal

PostSat Apr 09, 2016 6:11 pm

You're right Glenn,

I'll open a new post as soon as possible. I'd like to test the settings in a real project, probably my demo reel, before posting the cmate file and all. Just to be sure everything work :ugeek:

Bests,
Alex
www.embelliefilms.fr

Glenn Venghaus

PostSat Apr 09, 2016 6:23 pm

Cool. Yeah thats the best way to iron out bugs and confirm if everything works how you want. Sometimes you think a certain config makes sense untill you start using it.
I found a few things where i had to adjust the range for example , where the controller was too sensitive and required 20 turns for a big change in shape position. So i made it more course based on my normal useage.
Stuff like that.
Anyway. Have fun and good stuff.

Alexandre Westphal

PostSun Apr 10, 2016 8:34 pm

One things is making me crazy now : trying to turn all the orange lights off !!!!!

Do you have any idea how to do it ? They are all on by default, and I can't see any LED building block in the controller settings in controllermate...maybe I don't look where I should...but I don't see it in you cmate file either...
I would prefer all LED off all the time than what I have now (disturbing a lot...).

:(
Last edited by Alexandre Westphal on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.embelliefilms.fr

Glenn Venghaus

PostSun Apr 10, 2016 9:11 pm

What you need is to find/download the midi implementation specs for your controller. I have included the akai specs in the download pack, but each controller is unique.
In my case the lights of the akai can be controlled by midi note on messages with specific values for different colors and for flashing on off.
You can see one page (its labeled global lights and switches i believe, or something like that) in my setup with massive cable spaghetti and logic building blocks that is driving all the light interactivity.
So in the demo videos i made, all the lights interactivity you see is programmed.

Alexandre Westphal

PostTue Apr 12, 2016 11:43 am

Wouhaou, thanks,

Behringer send me that...
[url]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-9xFN ... sp=sharing [/url]

not sure to understand. Will have to figure this out...

Bests,
Alex
www.embelliefilms.fr

Glenn Venghaus

PostTue Apr 12, 2016 1:22 pm

Cool.
Looking at it it seems you can control all lights. Including (like i do on the akai) the controller ring leds using midi controller messages (last byte value as indicated).
Figuring out the best way to do that , which makes sense for what you are controlling is up to you. But sky is the limit ;-)

Glenn Venghaus

PostWed Apr 20, 2016 10:47 am

Resolve 12.5beta1 compatible version uploaded
Corrections :
- screen positions of existing and one additional 'dot' in sizing page
- screen positions of hue/sat/contrast/pivot/etc controls in master,wheels and log pages

Additions :
- control of temp and tint in wheels page
- extra (3rd) function of bank select (akai label name) navigation buttons .
pressing "pan" (akai label name) button switches bank select to navigate between next/prev node and extract (up)

Screenshots and other included docs updated to reflect above.

Glenn Venghaus

PostFri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm

Updated config available (for Resolve 12.5).
- massive reworked all pages to reduce cable clutter. Now nicely streamlined and easier for the eyes. Specially the 2 cable spaghetti pages are now completely clean
- some remapping of functions in LOG and PRIM WHEELS section. Mainly to keep the same control always on the same knob in different pages (LOG/PRIM WHEELS) . So the A/B function switch , instead of switching between functions on knobs , it disables enables functions on knobs (like hue/sat/temp/tint). Avoids adjusting the wrong control a lot and improves mucsle memory. Now if you adjust a wrong knob it just does nothing as disabled in that specific A/B state. Unfortunately i can not control this stuff that is off screen ;-)
- replaced the 4 offset knobs (in PRIM BARS section) with printerlight keys and added a switch (in same column) to switch between r,g,b,bright and c,y,m,bright. Unfortunately there is a minor bug in resolve that breaks "c-" control when switching pages away and back from color page (eg edit) . Made a bug report . For now i created a button for each page . So if you use these to switch (instead of your mouse or keyboard), it disables and or re-enables printer lights during the switch. Can still get messed up sometimes. Awaiting BM to fix.
- small non critical bugfixes
- updated the included reference materials (illustrator file, screenshot etc)

p.s. If you have remapped the previous version to your different size screen, there is no life threatening reason to upgrade. Mainly if you start from scratch, or if you are a remap master and like/want my latest adjustments.

Peter Magnusson

PostTue Sep 13, 2016 2:05 pm

Hello Glenn. Thanks for all the hard work and that you share your effort.

I bought a used Akai APC40, and have imported your file in the Controller mate file, but it does not work as it should. Most buttons don´t perform any command: for example, the left line - custom, lum / sat, hue / satellite, satellite / satellite, etc. The only thing that happens is that it shifts the window between Input sizing and Node key. Controll knobs do not work either, they just move the mouse cursor sideways. What am I doing wrong?

Want to really get started this!

Glenn Venghaus

PostTue Sep 13, 2016 2:46 pm

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the steadily growing userbase ;-)
Just this week i assisted another forum user to implement this in his beautiful (now even a bit more beautiful ) studio.

Assuming you have read all the included materials / instructions etc amd you have either the same resolution as myself or you have carefully remapped all screen position objects in controllermate, the most likely issue is that you have controllermate running.
You have to shut it down and let the background deamons do the work (mouse on/off events are deald only by background deamons if main app is closed.

If not then carefully (re)read the section on startup/initialisation/troubleshooting of the controller and resolve as if not done correctly can lead to strange behaviors in all kinds of ways.

Happy hacking and ultimately grading

G

p.s. Feel free to send me P.M. if you still have issues after going trough the material included

Peter Magnusson

PostWed Sep 14, 2016 8:50 am

Thanks again

I found the install guide after a while. The problem was my screen resolution 2560x1600. I changed it with switchrexX and it works. :lol: Would be wonderful to be able to use the whole 1600 screen, but I don´t know how change that. Is it something that could be done easily, or do you need good knowledge of Controllermate? Because I have not.

Peter

Glenn Venghaus wrote:Hi Peter,

Welcome to the steadily growing userbase ;-)
Just this week i assisted another forum user to implement this in his beautiful (now even a bit more beautiful ) studio.

Assuming you have read all the included materials / instructions etc amd you have either the same resolution as myself or you have carefully remapped all screen position objects in controllermate, the most likely issue is that you have controllermate running.
You have to shut it down and let the background deamons do the work (mouse on/off events are deald only by background deamons if main app is closed.

If not then carefully (re)read the section on startup/initialisation/troubleshooting of the controller and resolve as if not done correctly can lead to strange behaviors in all kinds of ways.

Happy hacking and ultimately grading

G

p.s. Feel free to send me P.M. if you still have issues after going trough the material included

Glenn Venghaus

PostWed Sep 14, 2016 9:07 am

Cool :lol: :lol: :lol:
Send me a PM (my mail is in the included docs as well) and i will send you some info i send to the last user that remapped his complete screen (UHD) .
As i mentioned in the install guide, it is a tedious process that requires patience , coffee , harddrugs etc but is doable in a few hours with some basic controllermate skills. (He had none and figured it out with my help).
But make sure non of your family members are near when you do this, or any breakable objects for that matter :mrgreen:

Glenn Venghaus

PostWed Sep 14, 2016 9:44 am

Call to current users !!!!

If you have done a complete remapping to a different screen resolution of my controlermate config, please help out future re-mappers by mailing me (p.m.) your config so i can include a set of user configs as a starting point for future remappers if they use your screen resolution by any chance.

Please include :
- Fullscreen screen resolution (XxY)
- Resolve version you are using this mapping with
- If you still know , which version of my controllermate config you used to map (and indicate if you did any manual mods afterwards in a small text file maybe). I label my configs with data stamp.
- Full name, so i can credit you in the config

Tnx for your cooperation

Glenn Venghaus

PostWed Sep 14, 2016 2:04 pm

Resolve 12.5.2 tested/compatible version uploaded.

Main changes (not specific to 12.5.2):
- Reworked the sizing page to adapt functions based on sub page and to include 2 new controls for lens correction and softness.
- Deep hack around a limitation in the Blur page that made it impossible to do fine adjustments (finer then 3 steps) on blur radius with available controls in controllermate and Resolve blur page implementation. Used external tool and some applescripting embedded to work around it.
- slightly changed the timing of the main track selection page to prevent some rare inadvertent changes to other values.

Screenshots and other included docs updated to reflect above.
Also as of now i will include (non actively updated/maintained) other users configs of different screensizes (if and when i receive these) as reference.

Roel Videler

PostWed Sep 14, 2016 2:17 pm

Really cool project and frankly a little embarrassing that it takes that much work to control a piece of software that should (imho) have an API for controls. The most often stated reason is they need to sell/get rid of the Resolve Control Surfaces but big facilities are still going to buy those because they just work. They were never that broadly accepted to begin with.

I'd kill to be able to use a small rotary/button surface for my contrast/pivot/saturation/temperature controls alongside my Tangent Ripple. It's not like I wouldn't buy anything better once I can afford it.

[sorry for ranting in your topic, great work!]
DaVinci Resolve Studio 17
HP Z640, Mini Panel, Windows 10 Pro x64, 2x Intel E5-26something, 64GB, Mini Monitor 4K, GTX1080Ti

Glenn Venghaus

PostWed Sep 21, 2016 12:50 pm

New version uploaded.

Some large changes to create more space for extra features using some more intelligent interacting buttons.
- revamped tracking section now supporting track/stabilise and the new FX tracking
- added buttons to apply grade -1 and -2 clips
- added buttons to apply and append node graph from gallery stills
- moved keyframe type selection to main matrix
- added buttons to enable / disable caching
- added buttons to cycle wipe types (also interacts with wipe position knob) and wipe swap
- added button to cycle split types
- added marker navigation and add/remove
- added gallery still navigation
- added cycling of all blanking presets in (sizing page)
- moved CMY/RGB printerlight toggle down

Screenshots and other included docs updated to reflect above. (also prev versions/docs still included)

Ellory Yu

PostWed Sep 21, 2016 6:12 pm

Glenn, I'm not a programmer and just an app user. I like to use your Akai APC40 mapping on an APC-40 I own that's gathering dust. Is that even possible with (1) the monitor I use which is a Dell 27 UHD 4K model P2715Q (27") and have my resolution set at 3840x2160 and (2) do you have the map for this screen resolution and setup? Also, will the files install on Windows 10? I don't have a Mac to use Controllermate for editing the files (even if I know how too). :) Thanks.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Glenn Venghaus

PostWed Sep 21, 2016 7:22 pm

Hi Ellory,

I do have an UHD mapped to that exact resolution included. Its not the very latest but a very recent version (1 week old)
But all this beauty is MAC only. Sorry. Nothing like this available on windows

Ellory Yu

PostFri Sep 23, 2016 7:03 am

Glenn Venghaus wrote:Hi Ellory,

I do have an UHD mapped to that exact resolution included. Its not the very latest but a very recent version (1 week old)
But all this beauty is MAC only. Sorry. Nothing like this available on windows

That's too bad. I would be willing to buy a Windows version of the map if it existed. I might just settle for a tangent Ripple or similar. Thanks Glenn and really great work you've done with this.
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Glenn Venghaus

Midi controller mapped to resolve

PostFri Sep 23, 2016 7:20 am

Tnx man.

P.s. Seriosuly reconsidering giving it away for free as every one around me thinks i am crazy to do that for a configuration that big (thousand of objects) and unique with close to a year of developement work. In a time where people charge for a few (most of the times crappy) luts or for mini controllers that could fit in the small pocket of this one and my finances are bad.
Donation model seems to (with one single exeption) not work aparantly...

Yesterday made another huge release with lots of new and crazy handy features , a full new page (motionfx denoise and motion blur) and some redesign of some other features for ease of workflow.

Will have to do some thinking to see where i go from here.

Ellory Yu

PostFri Sep 23, 2016 7:53 pm

I think you should charge something for your effort. I use ShotPro which is a nice tool but pretty limited. It was free for a while and the developer decided to charge $24 for the app. I was finding use for it so I thought what he priced it for was fair and reasonable. So I bought the paid version. However when you plan on charging something there is an expectation that it will be supported... Etc...etc... Just keep that in mind as you are considering.

I again wish you have the Window version. Someone in another forum pointed me to a minimum translator product that works on Windows. This is the site: https://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator

I have a BCR2000 already and I might be able to fiddle around and create a set of configuration. But as you know this becomes a time consuming project and I rather pay for something that already works and cost much less than a Tangent Ripple.

Vivian Pimenta

PostTue Sep 27, 2016 3:50 pm

What is the model number of the Kensington trackball please? Are there versions with the APC 40, or just one model? Thank you.
DaVinci Resolve 12.5.4.019 (Mac)
MacOS OSX Yosemite version 10.10.5
Processor 3.5Ghz Intel Core i5
Memory 16Gb 1600 Mhz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2048Mb

Glenn Venghaus

PostTue Sep 27, 2016 5:23 pm

The trackball i use is the Kensington Slimblade.
The Akai APC 40 is the original model . There is an MK II , but that is untested with this config and might have a different midi implementation.

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostTue Sep 27, 2016 11:07 pm

I will say, post a PayPal link and ask whoever use it to donate for your time!

:D :D :geek: :geek:
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Glenn Venghaus

PostWed Sep 28, 2016 5:34 am

waltervolpatto wrote:I will say, post a PayPal link and ask whoever use it to donate for your time!

:D :D :geek: :geek:

Yeah tried that in the included installation document. Hence my comment on that this donation model did not work. So will probably just start charging for it when i make up my mind :lol: :lol:
Although that is generaly not the smartest move if you have spread the code for free first :oops: , but it would be for the support then i guess and remapping fee, which i can start doing as well (although a recent adopter with zero controllermate knowledge did it for his different resolution screen in only a few hours with my included instructions and templates I guess it would be a good service for paying customers)

Glenn Venghaus

PostSat Oct 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Found some time and created an new instruction video (based on new and latest oct 2016 config).

Craig Marshall

PostSun Oct 09, 2016 4:41 am

davidanderson wrote:It's actually not all that bad, LANC and 422, they just have such a great feel.

I cut my 'editing' teeth on Sony's wonderful BVE 910 edit controller back in the '90s running up to six Betacam SP VTR machines and the same time. The speed and 'feel' of that classic tape editor was truly first class but today, my X-keys 68 button Jog/Shuttle edit controller, mapped with identical transport buttons for both Resolve and the Lightworks NLE is as good as it gets. (Resolve's audio 'scrub' still has a long way to go to match that of Lightworks, IMO)
4K Post Studio, Freelance Filmmaker, Media Writer
Win10/Lightworks/Resolve 15.1/X-Keys 68 Jog-Shuttle/OxygenTec ProPanel
12G SDI Decklink 4K Pro/Calibrated 10bit IPS SDI Monitor
HDvideo4K.com

Vivian Pimenta

Re: akai APC-40 Midi controller mapped to resolve

PostSun Oct 30, 2016 12:55 pm

Glenn Venghaus you rock! Just got the APC40 working with Resolve. Setup was easy, just followed his guide. My contollermate knowledge is zero, so without the files Glenn supplied, I would never have succeeded. Best of all, its free! Thanks Glenn for giving much of the community its first feel on a panel! Now Resolve seems as a totally new software, due to the control. If it was not for Glenn's gracious gift, I might have been a mouser forever, considering the cost of panels. I installed Controllermate and SwitchResX software, and I am using a 27inch 1920x1080 monitor, so my system feels like a new one. And even the design template for the stickers is supplied, so it does have a pro feel. have still to get the Kensington slim bade trackball, and might have a go at programming my old trackball mouse. Once again cheers to Glenn for this super project! Thanks Glenn!

Glenn Venghaus

PostSun Oct 30, 2016 5:08 pm

Hi Digikit,

You are more then welcome and thanks for your great and enthusiastic feedback.
Happy grading !!

Btw (as you may have missed) you are the last lucky one (apparently) to get it for free as i moved to a relatively small fee based model recently. It is/was just such a huge effort with now more then a year of development, and the original "donation" based model seemed to fail miserably, so i decided after giving it away all this time including giving extensive free support to move to the real world model :lol:
Still a super bargain imho considering the alternatives. And i keep developing it to stay up to date and keep improving it.

Vivian Pimenta

PostMon Oct 31, 2016 4:20 am

Thanks again Glenn, I have a small issue, when I press add serial node, two nodes get added , instead of one. What is the solution please? Instead of SlimBlade would the Kensington Orbit work? https://www.kensington.com/us/us/4493/k ... BbFe0sVpFw
What is the price of your fee based model? Guess as Resolve gets updated, you will be providing templates, and we would be needing these. Thanks once again for getting me started. This is as good as when Resolve Lite was released!

Glenn Venghaus

PostMon Oct 31, 2016 7:56 am

Regarding your issue, technically the config can not do that as it would require 2 key presses. Are you not confusing it with the parallel or layer node buttons (top 2) ?
Maybe you labeled them wrong ?
From top to bottom it is :
-parralel
-layer
-outside node
- serial before current
- serial after current
- append serial (end of chain)

Regarding Orbit, no idea, but you could try . It may require you to dig into the config and get it up and running but i do no crazy things with it other then activating and deactivating a created custom acceleration curve.

Regarding pricing / support options and latest manual :
http://posttools.tachyon-consulting.com
Last edited by Glenn Venghaus on Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vivian Pimenta

PostTue Nov 01, 2016 2:55 am

Thanks Glenn for your prompt support. I had checked on two configuration files in ControllerMate (silly me). Turning one off, now nodes work as expected. Really enjoying the panel greatly. Would it be possible for you to work with Akai to make a dedicated Resolve panel, like Abelton did? Probably Akai could produce a panel with trackballs.(just suggesting). Thanks for a wonderful product, feels like Xmas already with those flashing lights!
Next

Return to DaVinci Resolve