Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion 8 BETA FEEDBACK

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Jeff Ha

Re: Fusion 8 BETA FEEDBACK

PostFri Nov 27, 2015 12:18 pm

BLACK(MAGIC) FRIDAY! Ok.. wishful thinking for a new beta :p

Cheers!~

Jay Ryde

PostSun Nov 29, 2015 5:22 pm

When will this F8 come out of beta? I don't (as a rule) out beta s/w on a production machine..

Fabian Kögel

PostWed Dec 02, 2015 5:14 pm

Hello everyone,

I did not find these bugs reported so far, so I post them here. I am on a 64-bit win10 machine, amd r9 graphics:

- Fusion crashes when right-clicking into a newly created and inserted floating timeline frame:
I reproduced this crash with following steps:
1. Open a new comp
2. Open a new floating frame using the top menu
3. Right-click and add a "Timeline"
4. Drag the frame somewhere into the main window's layout
5. Try to right-click for context menu

- When using a multiple monitor setup, fusion cannot handle different scaling values. It either uses the higher scaling value or, when given, the fixed value in the preferences. This makes working on a high-res monitor and a small second view impossible (Controls are barely visible)

- When working with the CornerPositioner you cannot set an offset value when two points (e.g. top and bottom left) are at the same position and the mode is set to perspective

Greetings,
Fabian

GarethRogers

PostTue Dec 22, 2015 6:31 pm

How can I default the OpenCL graphics support to my NVIDIA GPU (Laptop)?

I don't want the ability to switch at will, just want Fusion to Automatically select the GPU and not the discrete onboard Graphics Chip.

michael vorberg

PostWed Dec 23, 2015 9:02 am

can we somewhere see/read what has changed in the new beta?

there are some more or less obvious things, like the changes in naming of the scriptserver and the renaming of the script libaries to BMD from eyeon, but something else to note?

Jannik C. Altgen

PostWed Dec 23, 2015 1:37 pm

Same issue here on Windows 10, Lenovo ThinkPad with dedicated GPU. When choosing the GPU over the Intel Chip in windows settings for Fusion, it still defaults to the Intel chip in the program settings. I assume this must be an oversight rather than a feature because that essentially makes any use of 3D features impossible.

Please don't troll this post and tell us we should be using 10k€ workstations for that ;) I just want to be able to create a few titles on the road with some particles. That can't be too much to ask ;)

Anyway, thx BMD for this otherwise great piece of software.

Chad Capeland

PostWed Dec 23, 2015 5:57 pm

Jannik C. Altgen wrote:Same issue here on Windows 10, Lenovo ThinkPad with dedicated GPU. When choosing the GPU over the Intel Chip in windows settings for Fusion, it still defaults to the Intel chip in the program settings. I assume this must be an oversight rather than a feature because that essentially makes any use of 3D features impossible.

There is no "program setting" that can be changed inside the application for determining which GPU the OpenGL context exists in.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

GarethRogers

PostMon Dec 28, 2015 8:07 am

There is no "program setting" that can be changed inside the application for determining which GPU the OpenGL context exists in.[/quote]

...move along.

Chad Capeland

PostMon Dec 28, 2015 10:45 pm

GarethRogers wrote:There is no "program setting" that can be changed inside the application for determining which GPU the OpenGL context exists in.

...move along.

Is that directed toward me and my volunteer support efforts? If you would rather field the question, go ahead, but no one else has offered Jannik any other answers. I assumed the question was asked in anticipation of an answer, since that's the general nature of this forum, and I understand that because of the holidays responses might be slow.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Jeff Ha

PostSat Jan 02, 2016 10:32 am

Since v8 (free) will be more neutered than v7, does this mean projects created in an older version stand to not work correctly when loading into v8? Or, will specific nodes or parts within a node be automatically disabled by the software? With that, will v7 continue to be available as legacy on the site for at least a couple of years?

Jeff Ha

PostMon Jan 11, 2016 12:36 pm

Will there be a trial (time bomb, save disabled, etc) for Fusion Studio? I know there isn't one for Resolve but with regards to Fusion there may be more feature separation between free/studio and with the potential of Generation, a demo version should be a consideration. Just a thought.

Raul Prado

Loader fails to read/write image sequences stored in NFS

PostMon Jan 11, 2016 11:18 pm

Fusion frist timer here!

This happens only when I am trying to load/save the sequence from/to the NFS... if I copy the files to my local hard drive works smoothly.

This is happening whit all my files stored on the remote storage.
I can read, manipulate and write those files in nuke/photoshop/AE .... so this is not a permissions issue.

Is it a restriction on the free version? or a bug?
I am using Fusion for OS X 8.0 build 23

Greetings!

Mark Spink

PostTue Feb 09, 2016 1:12 pm

I think I have found a bug in Open CL in Fusion8 (not Studio).

Trying to use the volume fog tool on my z800 Fusion freezes unless you un-check 'use open CL', it works fine on my laptop (1 x GT750M GPU), so I assume it has issue with 2 x GTX970 cards in the Z800.

Has anyone else found this one?

Obviously I'd rather not have to partially dismantle the Z800 to use Fusion, then reassemble it to use both GPUs for Photoscan etc. which can use more than one GPU.

Z800 setup- dual CPU, dual GTX970, 88Gig RAM
Windows10 Pro x64, Geforce v361.75, Fusion 8 build 16

Cheers
Mark

Mark Spink

PostTue Feb 09, 2016 11:03 pm

Mark Spink wrote:I think I have found a bug in Open CL in Fusion8 (not Studio).

Trying to use the volume fog tool on my z800 Fusion freezes unless you un-check 'use open CL', it works fine on my laptop (1 x GT750M GPU), so I assume it has issue with 2 x GTX970 cards in the Z800.

Has anyone else found this one?

Obviously I'd rather not have to partially dismantle the Z800 to use Fusion, then reassemble it to use both GPUs for Photoscan etc. which can use more than one GPU.

Z800 setup- dual CPU, dual GTX970, 88Gig RAM
Windows10 Pro x64, Geforce v361.75, Fusion 8 build 16

Cheers
Mark

Forget it! Build 23 is a worker, behaves perfectly with both GPUs in the box and you can set up the fog without Fusion freezing.
Running a few tests now, but seems solid.

Cheers!
Mark

Andrew Larson

PostWed Feb 17, 2016 5:46 pm

So I'm also new to Fusion but I'm really excited to dive deeper into it. So far the issues I have are:

I can't seem to get access to the individual objects in the Alembic export from Cinema 4D. Also, the camera didn't import either. I tried to import the camera though the Import Camera on the camera node but only Max Maya and Lightwave are the supported files.

I also noticed the camera setting for the film back is in inches instead of millimeters. It would be one less step for the user to just make it millimeters.

Jeff Ha

PostTue Mar 01, 2016 11:22 am

Andrew Larson wrote:So I'm also new to Fusion but I'm really excited to dive deeper into it. So far the issues I have are:

I can't seem to get access to the individual objects in the Alembic export from Cinema 4D. Also, the camera didn't import either. I tried to import the camera though the Import Camera on the camera node but only Max Maya and Lightwave are the supported files.

I also noticed the camera setting for the film back is in inches instead of millimeters. It would be one less step for the user to just make it millimeters.

export from C4D as FBX. Make sure it's the older version of FBX (not 2016). Camera may work that way.

SvenNeve

PostWed Mar 09, 2016 11:20 am

So, trying beta 3 for the first time, hoping it's a bit more stable, but alas, 2 clicks in and i find a bug that crashes the entire program.

Add Loader, click preview pane, crash.

visit my personal site : http://www.svenneve.com
visit my company site : http://www.houseofsecrets.nl

SvenNeve

PostWed Mar 09, 2016 11:58 am

Sigh...There still is so much wrong with beta3...

Using Masterprefs breaks Fusion 8 (as it is not version specific.)
Fusion 8 without masterprefs and an empty profile directory creates empty toolbars.
Hotkeys prefs are not version specific (meaning it tries to use the Fu6/7 hotkey prefs resulting in nothing working due to the script extension change from .eyeon to .lua)
Again, Scripts won't work as noone bothered to so a simple search and replace (eyeon.scriptlib into bmd.scriptlib, or .eyeon into .lua)
Scripts still fail due to improper use of fonts in the used lua version (really? still? this **** has been reported for years now.)

I have no idea anymore what i should report or what i should bug test when the most simple stuff hasn't been touched.

On a side note, and i have no idea how close the current Fusion interface and look is to final, but, dear lord, currently it makes me want to claw my eyes out.

visit my personal site : http://www.svenneve.com
visit my company site : http://www.houseofsecrets.nl

Ivan Ivanov

PostWed Mar 09, 2016 1:29 pm

Yes, unfortunately I can only +1 the above post.

Tried the last build, found a total mess and awful GUI and am uninstalling it as I'm writing this.
Hope it helps mac users get some feeling of nodes and maybe come along some day as an useful windows version.

Jeff Ha

PostMon Mar 14, 2016 6:58 pm

went back to Nuke at this point. F8 is really just a unifying release (incl OSX), whenever it happens. At this rate, any new feature sets won't happen for another year due to the lethargic dev speed here. Good luck peeps!

Dennis Fassbaender

PostThu Mar 31, 2016 8:41 pm

Are there any informations about the beta-progress?

Hideki Inoue

PostFri Apr 01, 2016 8:58 am

Fusion 8 final release available! We finally get "F4" key (expand view) again! :D

I hate bluish UI. I changed it "Gray" but Tool bars and Timeline are still bluish.
I hate New UI. I don't hate Flat design. But New UI is Very hard to see. Poor visibility.

Polygon mask takes time to switch from other tool. Like QT Loader.

Where is default scripts?

Where is File Bar?

AutoSave doesn't work like Fu7.

Tool Bars is always aligned to the left. I want to set its position free like Fu7.

I reported some Fu7's bugs. These bugs were still there in the Fu8 beta3. Did you fix them?
Unfortunately old bugs are still there.

What is benefit from Fu7 to Fu8? I know you did great work porting OSX. But old users has been ignored nearly two years.
Fusion Studio v18.6.4 / DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K
Intel® Core™ i9-13900KS / 128GB RAM / Nvidia Geforce RTX 4090 (546.33) / Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Intel® Core™ i9-7980XE / 128GB RAM / Nvidia RTX A5000 (536.67) / Windows 10 Pro 22H2

Tristan Matchett

PostSat Apr 02, 2016 3:32 am

Hello,

I just downloaded Fusion 8 and it looks like there is no option in the installer to choose a custom location for the program.

I would like to install Fusion 8 on a separate drive than the default if possible.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Previous

Return to Fusion