Smartbins with Subclips

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Ed Nixon

Smartbins with Subclips

PostThu Jun 09, 2016 6:53 pm

Is it the case that, contrary to what I'm seeing in Media Pool List view, the string "Subclip" is _not_ part of the Filename column data and, consequently, can't be used as a filter for Smart bin definition?

If so, is there an alternative element somewhere that identifies a Listview entry as a Subclip for filtering?

Thanks. ...edN

Scott Gilbertson

Re: Smartbins with Subclips

PostMon Jun 27, 2016 2:44 pm

"Subclip" ... can't be used as a filter for Smart bin definition?

It sure seems that way.

I couldn't find a way to make a smart bin that either includes only subclips or excludes them. File name doesn't work, and I couldn't find a way to filter on display name. File path inherits from the original clip, so that doesn't work either.

Because last time I used a tree of bins Resolve (12.5.0.052, Windows 10) lost them, I'm trying to keep everything in Master as I re-do the lost work. I figured with smart bins you don't need a folder system, but the subclip issue makes that problematic.
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Xeon W3680, 48GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050

Return to DaVinci Resolve