DaVinci Resolve on Linux - Install issues

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Nils Rother

Re: DaVinci Resolve on Linux - Install issues

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 7:54 pm

This is the content of /opt/resolve/logs/ResolveDebug.txt for me:
Code: Select all
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "xcb".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
[0x7f9dfab17a40] | Main                 | INFO  | 2017-03-06 20:09:51,204 | Caught termination signal SIGABRT, triggering termination routine
[0x7f9dfab17a40] | Main                 | ERROR | 2017-03-06 20:09:51,204 | Termination request failed

If you get this error, you might be able to fix this by linking the folder /opt/resolve/libs/plugins/platforms/ to /opt/resolve/platforms, so:
ln -s /opt/resolve/libs/plugins/platforms/ /opt/resolve/platforms

This is on Antergos x64.

Michel Plateau

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 8:05 pm

Fernando Sousa wrote:Resolve is quitting on me when I try to start it

I had the same problem on Arch, Marcin found the solution.

Marcin Nowak wrote:To solve segfault on Manjaro/Arch please install opencl-nvidia.

Then it should start and you just have to go to "Preferences" / "Video I/O and GPU" / "GPU Processing Mode" and select "OpenCL".

Not sure if opencl-nvidia exists under this name on CentOS though.

Shanemario

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi,
I'm attempting to install the CentOS 7.3 Resolve 12.5.5.5 from a DVD-R that was burned on a Mac with the provided link to the ISO. The system is a Supermicro with X8DTG-QF motherboard. (All drives pulled except boot drive. Network cable plugged in. USB DVD Drive being used.)

It stalls every time at:
14. .058276] e1000: Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Driver

Thinking it was a faulty DVD, I made a new DVD and again it stalls again in the same place.

I stepped back and successfully installed CentOS 6.8 12.5.4 (upgrading from the CentOS 6.4 previously on the drive).

Then tried to install the 7.3 12.5.5.5 and it freezes in the same place.

1. What, if anything am I gaining anything by going to 7.3 over 6.8?
2. Any ideas why 7.3 install is not working on this motherboard/config?

Shane
---
Shane Mario Ruggieri, CSI
Sr. Production Eng • Colorist • Author
Dolby Labs

Centos v7.3
2x 16-Core Xeon E5-2697A V4
64GB RAM
4x M6000 24GB
Resolve St 16.1.2
Dolby Vision

MacOS 10.14.6
MacBook Pro 15 2017
3.1 GHz I7
16 GB RAM
Resolve St 16.1.2

Nick Harvey

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 9:19 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:What do you see if you type nvidia-settings in a terminal window?

Hi Dwaine. This opens the NVIDIA display properties tool which was installed along with the driver.

Reading similar posts here I suspect I need opencl-nvidia or equivalent package for Fedora. Might this be the case?

Thanks
Nick.

tartinebrule

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 9:41 pm

Why the audio issue encountered by some many doesn't get acknowledge by anyone from black magic ?

Nick Harvey

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 10:01 pm

I appear to have solved the issue on Fedora 25 by installing the NVIDIA Cuda drivers thus:

sudo dnf install cuda-drivers

So in summary, to get Resolve to launch on Fedora 25, the pre-requisites appear to be:

1. Enable the rpmfusion repositories:
sudo dnf install https://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fe ... ease-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm https://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree ... ease-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm

2. Install NVIDIA drivers and gstreamer library required by Resolve:
sudo dnf install cuda-drivers libgstbase-0.10.so.0 xorg-x11-drv-nvidia akmod-nvidia "kernel-devel-uname-r == $(uname -r)"

3. Install Resolve using the standard procedure.

4. Launch Resolve with: /opt/resolve/bin/resolve

Hope this helps.
Nick

Alvaro Castaneda

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 10:17 pm

tartinebrule wrote:Why the audio issue encountered by some many doesn't get acknowledge by anyone from black magic ?

I think the answer will be, want audio? buy a card from us
want h264? get the studio version :)

so maybe they don't want to be rude

tartinebrule

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 7:46 am

I think it's pretty rude as it is to ignore the issue.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 8:05 am

On other projects but thought I'd let you know...

H.264 decode is available on the Studio version, no encode at this time.
And yes, audio out is via DeckLink
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Trzil Bernhard

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 8:20 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:And yes, audio out is via DeckLink

Decklink audio works if audio is set explicit to declink. But theres an option for audio via system audio/decklink is silent, so what is this option for ? Have one PC with decklink for me and one without for my daughters education/filmschool, so it would be nice to have audioout via system/pulse. Technically, audio should be the easier part for you compared all this really good/fancy video/gpu work?

Michel Plateau

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 9:29 am

From the Blackmagic news page that brought me here :
This new version gives them the same powerful features as the Mac and Windows version

Define overselling.

Johan Cramer

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 10:00 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:And yes, audio out is via DeckLink

Does this mean that audio playback in the Linux version is only supported via DeckLink cards?

Kris Limbach

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 2:25 pm

think it s ok to try to sell hardware, but I m not sure how decklink cards perform at all under linux? I ve just heard , please correct me, that they are pretty much unsupported in general? I d be happy if someone can point me to a decklink card that works flawlessly with resolve, lightworks and kdenlive on manjaro os or debian.

Martin Schitter

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Kris Limbach wrote:I m not sure how decklink cards perform at all under linux? I ve just heard , please correct me, that they are pretty much unsupported in general? I d be happy if someone can point me to a decklink card that works flawlessly with resolve, lightworks and kdenlive on manjaro os or debian.

i think the support of decklink harware on linux isn't that bad. sure -- it's always a little bit troublesome, to use uncommon specialized hardware and the necessary proprietary drivers, but it's no insurmountable obstacle, if you really need it.

Daniel Tufvesson

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 3:45 pm

Martin Schitter wrote:
Kris Limbach wrote:I m not sure how decklink cards perform at all under linux? I ve just heard , please correct me, that they are pretty much unsupported in general? I d be happy if someone can point me to a decklink card that works flawlessly with resolve, lightworks and kdenlive on manjaro os or debian.

i think the support of decklink harware on linux isn't that bad. sure -- it's always a little bit troublesome, to use uncommon specialized hardware and the necessary proprietary drivers, but it's no insurmountable obstacle, if you really need it.

I agree. I've been running Decklink cards under Debian for many years and found them to be very competitive in regards to compatibility and stability. Support for Debian is in general very good along with properly built deb files and the use of dkms.
Shoot - BMCC | BMPCC | BMPCC4K | BMVA | GH5
Edit - Resolve Studio 18.1 | Debian Linux 12 | i7-3930K CPU | X79 MB | 32GB RAM | GTX1080 GPU | Speed Editor
Monitor - Decklink SDI, SDI Duo, SDI 4K, Intensity Pro
danieltufvesson.com/makeresolvedeb

Kris Limbach

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 4:25 pm

this is good news!! especially for me, struggling for years with proprietary nvidia drivers (actually now with a geforce gtx 60....)

I will investigate if i can find something for my needs (min 3 monitors out, 4k... )

but sound wise: I use a rme multifaceII pci for all my sound work and it never fails .. would i have to use a sound output of the decklink cards, or could i use these parallel on resolve... Thanks for your comments

Kuntal Majumder

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 4:46 pm

Well I must not say this, cause at least they gave us(linux users) something to work on.
But can someone from BMD answer this? Why are you treating us(linux users) like a 3rd class citizens?
It is like "Hey they didn't pay for their OS , lets make them pay for this"
Honestly , the only companies I found which dont treat Linux users as a 3rd class citizens is The Foundry and probably EditShare , at least they dont discriminate us ? :( :( :( :( :( :(

Sorry , if it is rude.

And can intensity be used instead of a decklink ? (Aren't both same? one is pcie and another usb3/thunderbolt)

Noel Sterrett

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 5:33 pm

Anyone tried upgrading/downgrading to/from Resolve Studio? Does the existing version need to be removed first?

Cheers?
Admit One Pictures
Resolve Studio 18 | Linux Lint 21 | Nvidia 515 | Xeon | iCore | Ryzen

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 7:11 pm

No.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Noel Sterrett

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 8:12 pm

Thanks Dwaine.

Resolve is really working well after installing from the ISO. Audio is fine using the Decklink. The top problem at this point is that the Nvidia Settings won't let you select 2560x1440, which is the best resolution I've found and was using on Windows. Everything is too small at UHD for my old eyes to see.

Perhaps there's a way to fix this?

Cheers.
Admit One Pictures

Alexander Volkov

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 8:38 pm

Hello. I am trying to install DaVinci Resolve 12.5.5 on Linux Mint 18. Installation seems to go almost without a problem. Only thing I had to do is link some libraries.
sudo ln -s /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.10
sudo ln -s /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libssl.so.10

Resolve launched welcome window. But after closing it app crashed.
> /opt/resolve/bin/resolve
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= 2222, Mode=  0, Level=  0, CmdKey= 8, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c005, Mode= 13, Level=  1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c006, Mode= 13, Level=  1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c007, Mode= 13, Level=  1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
log4cxx: No appender could be found for logger (UI).
log4cxx: Please initialize the log4cxx system properly.
12.5.5 (#026)
Main thread starts: 50BBFB40

Can some one help me to figure out what went wrong?

Thank you!

Noel Sterrett

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 10:21 pm

Actually, it seems audio is only output in Color and Deliver. Neither video nor audio is output through the Decklink SDI in either Media or Edit.

Edit: Never mind. I had show all viewer on video output unchecked.

Cheers.
Last edited by Noel Sterrett on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Admit One Pictures

Kris Limbach

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 10:39 pm

ok, seems that the devs are not interested in helping getting clear on all these issues. I m wasting my time on this forum.... and will stick to working software on linux...

Martin Schitter

PostWed Mar 08, 2017 2:30 am

Kris Limbach wrote:ok, seems that the devs are not interested in helping getting clear on all these issues.

well -- i can not deny, that i also can imagine more constructive ways of communication and bilateral exchange between developers and interested beta testers, but that's nothing new in this forum. certainly i was surprised, that BMD opened the access for ordinary linux users overnight, but this doesn't imply, that everything has radically changed now!

in fact, i'm quite happy, that they decided to open it in just this modest "as is" appearance. if they would have invested a lot of additional development power and realized a more user friendly adaptation, we wouldn't have seen, that our previous desperate arguments could at least partially verified in practice. i'm really proud about all this other linux colleagues here, which helped each other to find their way installing this application despite all its difficulties. that's in my humble opinion a very encouraging attainment.

i really hope, it was just a first step -- a kind of public beta test experience. it's quite obvious, that a few things should be changed urgently by BMDs engineers, to make the installation process more handy and distribution agnostic. but i'm quite confident, this will happen sooner or later. after all, it's also in their interest, to eradicate flaws in their high end linux product.

concerning the absent h.264 support i'm not really surprised. that's just the same as in many other free available commercial software for linux. just take the non-commercial edition of flame as an example. sure -- it's a little bit uncomfortable, but it's also quite easy to work around. we all know, that it isn't so much caused in a highhanded decision by BMD, but forced by understandable legal and economic reasons.

i don't think, BMD will stop any engaged linux developers, to realize creative alternative solutions to work around this limitation, combining all the benefits of free tools with this wonderful software.

this would would be even possible for sound support without decklink hardware. the decklink API is documented very well. it's up to us, to write a dummy driver replacement for redirecting the audio stream if necessary.
hey -- this is linux! -- the bright side of the planet, where programming is finally making fun again! :)

but quite frankly, i don't think, the latter will be necessary in practice. it can be fixed with moderate efforts by BMD just as well. i don't think, we should suffer from paranoia to much and construe this issue only as an insincere constraint to boost the merchandise of decklink cards.

concluding, i can just express again all my astonishment about this brave decision, to open resolve to the wider linux community!

i'm using this this operating system almost exclusive for all my work since pre-kernel-1.0 days. but in all this years i hardly remember any comparable radical change! sure -- lightworks gained much more publicity and expectations by means of their initial open source promises. but as we all know, they never fulfilled their advertisement. this was a very disappointing experience to all of us. that's why i really like the actual change in BMDs policy and it's modest realization much more. sure, it's not open source software -- but this makes it in fact even more exciting! there are no other examples for such an radical experiment crossing the dividing borders. i really don't know, what consequences it will have in the long run? we simply have to rethink dogmatic prejudices on both sides of this game and examine its synergies carefully in practice. certainly it wouldn't make any sense to convince long term linux or mac resolve users changing into the linux camp, right now. no, that's utterly pointless! but in the long run resolve could lay the ground fore a much more objective choice between three serious alternatives. and that's really great! -- THANKS again!

Daniel Tufvesson

PostWed Mar 08, 2017 7:55 am

Well said Martin!

I feel like this new DaVinci Resolve for Linux is bridging a gap between two worlds. BMD are breaking new ground in this market segment and I'm really excited to see what will happen next.
Edit - Resolve Studio 18.1 | Debian Linux 12 | i7-3930K CPU | X79 MB | 32GB RAM | GTX1080 GPU | Speed Editor

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Mar 08, 2017 10:59 am

There's not doubt there's some more work to do. In the meantime, for those not familiar with the BMD forum style, we welcome the community to assist each other and we drop in when we can to help and consider feedback. For Studio customers, your local BMD support office can also help.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Kris Limbach

PostWed Mar 08, 2017 11:47 am

@ Martin Schitter

Thank you for your statement and I think i agree widely with your points. I see, as coming from reading/posting only in open source software forums, that I am pretty spoiled by the way communication happens there and people treat each other. And I think for myself I want to keep it like that. When I see Ardour / Mixbus / kdenlive but also in huge parts of lightworks forum, and then come here, I honestly have to say why I like it there: I dont want to "become" a customer again, nagging for information or feeling that things I do every day (like export in h264 or sound output through a sound card as the examples from this thread) are disabled by economical driven (short sighted as i think ) design decisions and not just bugs that can be sorted out or talked about. Software companies embrace the linux "market" out of several reasons and i m personally thankful for that. One reason imo is that it becomes a necessity and a way to design a future proof software you have full control over, and it is not an altruistic act. There is nothing bad to this at all.

I would be glad if there will be a constructive interchange and fusion between these worlds in the future. I see how Harrison Mixbus and ardour work together as a closed source commercial and an open source community as a pretty good role model for how a software can be commercially successful, cross platform and doesnt lose the spirit of the linux community.

MichaelZeke

PostWed Mar 08, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi All

I have installed CentOs 7 and after updating my CUDA drivers I installed Davinci Resolve 12.5.5 for linux.
It ran the install and created a icon on my dektop, but when i click it absolutely nothing happens.
I've tried running it from /opt/resolve/bin as .resolve but still nothing happens.

Anyone know what the issue could be?

ASUS X79 Sabertooth
i7 - 3970X
32GB RAM
GeForce GTX 680

Thanks.

Daniel Tufvesson

PostWed Mar 08, 2017 2:11 pm

MichaelZeke wrote:Hi All

I have installed CentOs 7 and after updating my CUDA drivers I installed Davinci Resolve 12.5.5 for linux.
It ran the install and created a icon on my dektop, but when i click it absolutely nothing happens.
I've tried running it from /opt/resolve/bin as .resolve but still nothing happens.

Anyone know what the issue could be?

ASUS X79 Sabertooth
i7 - 3970X
32GB RAM
GeForce GTX 680

Thanks.

Hi Michael! What happens if you run resolve by executing "/opt/resolve/bin/resolve" directly from the prompt? Do you get any printout?

MichaelZeke

PostWed Mar 08, 2017 2:58 pm

Hi Daniel

I tried that as well, there is no print out at all. It just shows the prompt again.
Its really odd. I've tried running it in every way I know how but nothing happens.

Kuntal Majumder

PostWed Mar 08, 2017 5:36 pm

Didn't you get something like this?

(Never mind I was not using my Nvidia card, so it fired up some errors)
Attachments
Screenshot from 2017-03-08 23-02-04.png
Screenshot from 2017-03-08 23-02-04.png (35.66 KiB) Viewed 260972 times

Daniel Tufvesson

PostWed Mar 08, 2017 5:42 pm

@MichaelZeke Do you get anything written or files created in /opt/resolve/logs/ directory? If not, can you also provide the output of the following commands?
1. "file /opt/resolve/bin/resolve"
2. "ldd /opt/resolve/bin/resolve"

Alexander Volkov

PostWed Mar 08, 2017 6:13 pm

Alexander Volkov wrote:Hello. I am trying to install DaVinci Resolve 12.5.5 on Linux Mint 18. Installation seems to go almost without a problem. Only thing I had to do is link some libraries.
sudo ln -s /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.10
sudo ln -s /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libssl.so.10

Resolve launched welcome window. But after closing it app crashed.
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= 2222, Mode=  0, Level=  0, CmdKey= 8, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c005, Mode= 13, Level=  1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c006, Mode= 13, Level=  1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c007, Mode= 13, Level=  1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
12.5.5 (#026)
Main thread starts: 50BBFB40

Can some one help me to figure out what went wrong?

Thank you!

I solved this problem by reinstalling nVidia driver and enabling Performance mode. Although I still get same output with log4cxx error, but app launching just fine.

Here is problems I've encountered:
  1. Can't import files with H264 codec
  2. Can't import audio files (problems with codecs?)
  3. Audio tracks from video on timeline shows nothing, like this audio is silent (again codecs??)
  4. With 10bit video depth no image on color tab

Francesco Ciccone

Color Tab GUI Viewer black Resolve Centos 7

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 1:15 am

Hi,
I've been successfully installed resolve on centos 7,
it has been working fine for a day,
Titan x + Ultrastudio 4k + Multidock ssd Raid 0 + Audio Working
everything is still working great except the GUi Preview window is black,
it has always been working fine, now not anymore,
I tried reinstalling Resolve, resetting preferences.
The edit preview works fine, the external Ultrastudio output too, just the color tab preview window is black
I hope anyone could help, I'm sleepless
thanks,
Francesco
Attachments
20170309_020624.jpg
Color Tab GUI Viewer black
20170309_020624.jpg (46.73 KiB) Viewed 260921 times

Wayne Hartmann

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 5:52 am

Seems to be running well under Antergros (Arch based) except for audio and h.264 which others are experiencing here. Hopefully BMD can get those two issues resolved soon. I have several Decklink Recorder cards but no Monitors. Looks like I may have to invest in one just for audio. I really need h.264 export capabilities though.

So Blackmagic if you are listening please add full support for h.264 and fix system audio. If you can fix those two issues; this is a winner and I can switch away from Lightworks.

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

Re: Color Tab GUI Viewer black Resolve Centos 7

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 6:49 am

Francesco Ciccone wrote:Hi,
Francesco

Can you disable Decklink in Preferences and try? Are you on the latest NVIDIA driver?
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Daniel Tufvesson

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 7:24 am

Rohit Gupta wrote:
Francesco

Can you disable Decklink in Preferences and try? Are you on the latest NVIDIA driver?

I can verify this behavior on my install but only when testing h.264/GoPro footage. Playback end edit appears to be working but not the color tab. CinemaDNG and Prores works fine.

Perhaps this issue can be solved by generating Optimized Media?

- Debian Stretch
- DaVinci Resolve Studio 12.5.5
- Nvidia 375.26 (OS included version)
- Desktop Video 10.8.4a4 (Decklink SDI & Decklink 4K SDI)

Will try it using Optimized Media and without the Decklink enabled later when I'm back at the machine.

Brandon Maytham

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 8:05 am

Hey guys

trying to do something I know isn't officially supported but it should work.

I installed the new Da Vinci Resolve lite version on my machine and receive the following error below:

Please note to get this output again I reinstalled Dissolve.

Error:
sudo su -
root@brandon-Z97-D3H:~# cd /home/brandon/Documents/Software/Linux/
root@brandon-Z97-D3H:/home/brandon/Documents/Software/Linux# unzip DaVinci_Resolve_12.5.5_Linux.zip
Archive: DaVinci_Resolve_12.5.5_Linux.zip
inflating: DaVinci_Resolve_12.5.5_Linux.sh sh DaVinci_Resolve_12.5.5_Linux.sh

inflating: ReadMe.txt
root@brandon-Z97-D3H:/home/brandon/Documents/Software/Linux# sh DaVinci_Resolve_12.5.5_Linux.sh
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing DaVinci Resolve Installation Package...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Extracting files...
tar: /usr/lib64: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
./install.sh: line 43: Exit_With_Error: command not found
resolve: no process found
Copying Resolve files...
Copying scripts...
Copying docs...
Copying Onboarding package...
Copying UI resources...
Copying libraries...
Creating shortcuts...
cp: cannot create regular file '/root/Desktop/': Not a directory
/bin/chown: cannot access '/root/Desktop/DaVinci Resolve.desktop': No such file or directory
/bin/chmod: cannot access '/root/Desktop/DaVinci Resolve.desktop': No such file or directory
Resolve System Updated

I can see the Da Vinci Resolve Icon. It just does nothing.

Weirdly Fusion 8 runs perfectly fine.

See system specs below:

elementary OS 0.4 Loki (64-bit)

Built on "Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS"

Intel® Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz × 8

Memory: 15.5 GiB

Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Tobago PRO [Radeon R7 360 / R9 360 OEM] (rev 81)

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Francesco Ciccone

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 10:02 am

Rohit Gupta wrote:
Francesco

Hi,
so I've been trying to disable the ultrastudio 4k thunderbolt, same issue, the external output is fine with ultrastudio connected, black video on color tab viewer, even without ultrastudio.

I've been testing dng, prores, h264, mxf dnxhd footage, everything was working perfectly, while now none of this format works, grading works fine, I can see it on external monitor and editing viewer, while I just have black screen on the color tab viewer.

I didn't perform any nvidia driver update, witch would be the best way to do that?

I just found out if I set the video bit depth to 12bit in the Master project setting tab the color viewer works, while 8bit and 10 bit doesn't work, the problem is ultrascope duo 4k acts crazy because can't handle 12 bit, and granding is not as fast as it shod.

thanks!

Alessandro Fontana

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 10:16 am

Someone have try to use 3Dlut? I can't load .cube 3Dlut, the messagge error is "missing lut".
Is not a path issue, I have try to copy one my custom lut and I can see it on the menù of Resolve.

thank you.

Alessandro

Kuntal Majumder

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 1:22 pm

Aeon Tech wrote:See system specs below:

elementary OS 0.4 Loki (64-bit)

Built on "Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS"

Intel® Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz × 8

Memory: 15.5 GiB

Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Tobago PRO [Radeon R7 360 / R9 360 OEM] (rev 81)

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Can you be a little specific? Which one is your working Processor? The Xeon or i7 ?
Anyway I think my speculation was right Resolve still not supports AMD Cards in Linux , Have you installed the latest proprietary divers of your GPU?

Noel Sterrett

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 2:31 pm

I am trying to change the screen resolution to 2560x1440. In the process, I discovered that no changes made to xorg.conf by nvidia-settings are applied on a restart of X.

/var/log/Xorg.0.log lists the new mode change made to xorg.conf, but then overrides the setting:
[ 11583.892] (**) NVIDIA(0): Option "MetaModes" "1600x900_60 +0+0"
[ 11584.633] (II) NVIDIA(0): Validated MetaModes:
[ 11584.697] (II) NVIDIA(0): Setting mode "1600x900_60+0+0"
[ 11585.430] (II) NVIDIA(0): Setting mode "HDMI-0: nvidia-auto-select @1920x1080 +0+0 {ViewPortIn=1920x1080, ViewPortOut=1920x1080+0+0}"

This behaviou is identical on two computers, both of which were installed with the Blackmagic ISO, both are CentOS, and both run Resolve without, knock wood, problems. But both are stuck at 1920x1080.

After struggling with this for two days, it occurred to me that the Blackmagic background locks could somehow be the problem, so I removed them, but that didn't help.

Could there be other locks? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Admit One Pictures

Trzil Bernhard

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 3:21 pm

Kuntal Majumder wrote:
Aeon Tech wrote:Anyway I think my speculation was right Resolve still not supports AMD Cards in Linux

Working with AMD RX470 and new AMDGPU driver, works fine here, just had to change to 8bit videodepth for colortab to work (black screen)

Kuntal Majumder

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 4:00 pm

Trzil Bernhard wrote:
Kuntal Majumder wrote:
Aeon Tech wrote:Anyway I think my speculation was right Resolve still not supports AMD Cards in Linux

Working with AMD RX470 and new AMDGPU driver, works fine here, just had to change to 8bit videodepth for colortab to work (black screen)

Thanks , time to pull out my desktop and add an i7 to it.

Trzil Bernhard

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 7:31 pm

Kuntal Majumder wrote:Thanks , time to pull out my desktop and add an i7 to it.

Be careful, just tested it with new amdgpu driver which supports just a few new cards, dont know if old fglrx driver is working.

Jörg Lippmann

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Hi!

Coming from Lightworks on Linux, was very excited to try Resolve on Ubuntu 16.10. And it really looks and feels like a great tool, in many aspects better and smoother than LWKS.

Anyways there are some minor and major problems I encountered:
  • The usual libs (ssl and crypto) that need to be linked to other names – solveable
  • Missing import for Canons MOV-files – unnecessary and annoying but one can work around it.
  • No sound output – dealbreaker
  • Black screen on the color tab. Although it looks like all the tools there work, judging from the thumbnails and the rendering. – extremely annoying.
Would be great to see them – resolved. (see what I did there?)

Noel Sterrett

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 11:01 pm

Trzil Bernhard wrote:

Be careful...

Just tried the amdgpu driver with an RX480, and got the "Oops" screen on boot. Luckily, I was able to repair the damage and am back up with the Nvidia cards.

Cheers.
Admit One Pictures

Peter Cvijanovic

PostFri Mar 10, 2017 12:51 am

Hi,

Excellent plan to have resolve as Linux standalone. Congratulations.

However, I'm having the same issue as Alex and Martin (I think, forgive me if I got your name wrong ), in that :
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= 2222, Mode= 0, Level= 0, CmdKey= 8, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c005, Mode= 13, Level= 1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c006, Mode= 13, Level= 1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c007, Mode= 13, Level= 1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
12.5.5 (#026)
Main thread starts: 50BBFB4happens on execution. I am centOS 7.2., KDE, mit der flaminstalled already. Zo, how to complete installation of Resolve?

I have not seen a resolution to the problem yet. Please provide discreet steps to gat Resolve running.

Ja,

---------------------------------------Beak

Trzil Bernhard

PostFri Mar 10, 2017 8:10 am

Noel Sterrett wrote:
Trzil Bernhard wrote:

Be careful...

Just tried the amdgpu driver with an RX480, and got the "Oops" screen on boot. Luckily, I was able to repair the damage and am back up with the Nvidia cards.
Cheers.

I warned you ;) . Also needed some time to get it running. amdgpu driver is very
choosy on kernel and I needed to get rid of old nvidia thinks (del /etc/X11/xorg.conf, remove opengl links....). But now works great with: Ubunntu 16.04/Kernel 4.8.0-34-generic/i7-4820K CPU/RX 470/amdgpu-pro-16.60-379184 driver

Kuntal Majumder

PostFri Mar 10, 2017 10:03 am

Jörg Lippmann wrote:
  • No sound output – dealbreaker

I think we can fool Resolve in thinking there is a Decklink card to get the audio, will need some work though.
Bdw I also use Lightworks, I was thinking if Resolve could be used for editing as the lite version supports 1080p contrary to 720p of Lightworks, also the fusion connector is not available for free Lightworks.

Trzil Bernhard wrote:
Noel Sterrett wrote:
Trzil Bernhard wrote:Be careful...

Cheers.

I warned you ;) . Also needed some time to get it running. amdgpu driver is very
choosy on kernel and I needed to get rid of old nvidia thinks (del /etc/X11/xorg.conf, remove opengl links....). But now works great with: Ubunntu 16.04/Kernel 4.8.0-34-generic/i7-4820K CPU/RX 470/amdgpu-pro-16.60-379184 driver

Well thanks, looks like I need to buy a new GPU also, and thats not going to happen in near future , :(
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve