Tutorial - Using Resolve-Fusion Connect w other VFX programs

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

David Jahns

Tutorial - Using Resolve-Fusion Connect w other VFX programs

PostWed Apr 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Howdy guys & gals!

I've recently developed a workflow where I'm using Resolve as my color/conform/deliver program, but doing VFX work in Flame. Fusion Connect is a welcome addition to Resolve to help integrate with VFX, but I don't know Fusion!

So after a bit of digging under the hood, I've worked out a way to use Flame (or any other VFX program - Nuke, After Effects, etc) in place of Fusion, and retain many of the links to Resolve. I've told a few folks about this over beers, and everyone seemed pretty excited about it, so I made a 20 min tutorial video to illustrate how it's done and also share my experiences of what works and what doesn't work.

Enjoy!

(this video was done with Rec709 footage, quicktimes, and no color management - it gets a little more complicated when using EXRs and sending linear to Nuke, for example, but this should point you in the right direction to try things out for yourself.)

Jack Swart

Re: Tutorial - Using Resolve-Fusion Connect w other VFX prog

PostWed Apr 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Very cool....
DR Studio 18.6.3 b19, OS 13.2.1
2023 Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 20 core CPU, 48 core GPU, 128 GB ram
BM 3G ultra studio, 12TB SSDs in raid 0, 16TB HDD backup, 56TB archive server.
Tangent Elements panel, TV logic XVW-245W

Return to DaVinci Resolve