ATEM Television Studio HD Program out not working.

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

bishop henry

ATEM Television Studio HD Program out not working.

PostFri May 12, 2017 7:54 pm

Good day to you all. Am new to ATEM Television Studio HD. We just bought one to be use for our church. We have set it up with 3 Sony HXR-MC1500, connecting them via HDMI, all the three cameras worked, but we run into problem when we tried to out put the program out signal to 3 televisions around our church.

We connect the program out through eSynic Mini 3G SDI to HDMI Converter, to Incutex HDMI Splitter Switch 1080P Full HD, from the splitter we connect to 3 televisions around our church., but could not get signal.
I have add my setup image.

Can someone help me out please.
Attachments
TV-Studio-HD-setups.png
TV-Studio-HD-setups.png (560.58 KiB) Viewed 11781 times

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: ATEM Television Studio HD Program out not working.

PostSat May 13, 2017 12:13 am

1. What resolution and frame rate do you have the ATEM set to?
  2. If you remove the HDMI Splitter and connect the HDMI out from the converter to the TVs do you get a signal then?
  3. Does the HDMI Multi-View output from the ATEM show up on the TVs?
  4. If so, have you tried sending the SDI Multi-View output through the same SDI to HDMI converter?

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostSat May 13, 2017 3:05 pm

It looks like you are running long HDMI cables. In general HDMI cables can only be about 15' max. While many have used longer, it is not recommended. A better method would be to run SDI cable to each monitor using the SDI to HDMI adapter with a short cable.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Markus Leodolter

PostSat May 13, 2017 4:51 pm

1. Some converters can´t work with 1080p50 or 1080p60. Try another resolution, for example 720p50.
2. Try to find out where you loose the signal: From the Studio HD with a short SDI-cable to the converter, then directly to a TV with a short SDI-cable. If you have a signal at the TV you can put the splitter between. If that all is working, use the long cables. So you should find the non-working part.

bishop henry

PostSat May 13, 2017 8:21 pm

Dave Del Vecchio wrote:
  1. What resolution and frame rate do you have the ATEM set to?
  2. If you remove the HDMI Splitter and connect the HDMI out from the converter to the TVs do you get a signal then?
  3. Does the HDMI Multi-View output from the ATEM show up on the TVs?
  4. If so, have you tried sending the SDI Multi-View output through the same SDI to HDMI converter?

Thanks for your help. the resolution is 1080i50 for the three cameras. I have tried by removing the splitter and connect the HDMI out from the converter to the TVs but did not get any signal. The HDMI Multi view output from the Atem show up on the TVs, connecting directly and using the splitter. I tried sending the SDI Multi-view output through SDI to HDMI converter, no signal.

TomPWilson

PostSun May 14, 2017 6:03 am

I'm 99% sure it's your SDI to HDMI converters. I called BM about this, and they told me I need to buy one of their converters, because the cheap consumer stuff doesn't work with the video switch.

If you switch your TVSHD to 1080i, do you get a program out (try switching to color bars, if your cameras don't work.)

If you do get output, then you need a better SDI to HDMI converter.

Also, I strongly suggest either using amplified HDMI cables or running SDI to your TV's and using converters at the TV set. You can run an SDI signal for a good 200 feet before needing a repeater/booster, whereas HDMI is limited to something like 10 meters without an amplifier.

bishop henry

PostTue May 16, 2017 10:01 pm

First I connected the program out through eSynic Mini 3G SDI to HDMI Converter, to HDMI Splitter Switch 1080P Full HD, from the splitter we connect to 3 televisions around our church., but could not get signal. Them I ordered Blackmagic Mini Converter SDI to HDMI.
But it did not work out as well. I tried with the sdi mlti-view ( using the blackmagic sdi - hdmi converter) to send it to our TVs, with and also without the splitter, both did not work. I also tried the program out ( using the blackmagic sdi - hdmi converter) to send it to our TVs, with and also without the splitter, both did not work.

I tried the HDMI mlti-view, send the video to all our TVs, it works on direct connection and as well using the splitter.
Is there something am not doing?

Can someone help me out please.

Dave Del Vecchio

PostTue May 16, 2017 11:23 pm

As Tom suggested, I would try setting the switcher to show color bars out of the program output. Then try the various different video standards in the switcher. To change the video standard in the ATEM software control panel, click the gear icon, then under the General tab change the Set video standard drop-down and click the Set button.

Connect the SDI program output through the Blackmagic SDI to HDMI converter to your TV and then try all the different switcher video standards to see which ones work and which don't. You'll need to wait a minute between each change of the video standard for the converter and TV to lock to the signal to see if it really works.

Some of the video standards should really work. If none do, there's probably some issue with the converter.

Stephen Lane

PostThu Aug 31, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi there did you get this resolved -
I just purchased a brand new TV Studio HD (the shrink wrap was intact so I assume it was brand new) & I set up a test with a Video source 1080i50 converted to SDI (not cheap domestic) & sent to Cam 5 input of the Studio HD which is set up for 1080i50, the preview monitor shows the signal I can get the Aux to show the Cam 5 signal I can get the SDI outs 5 to 8 to show the Cam 5 signal, both the mutiviews show the Cam 5 signal on the preview & says that it should be going out the program SDI but the Test monitor - Large TV set to 1080i50 since there are no scalers in a Studio HD shows nothing I reiterate that if its fed straight HDMI off the multiview (defaulted to 1080i50) it shows the multiview OK & if the SDI multiview signal or any of the SDI Cam outs are sent to the TV SDI to HDMI converter or the AUX set to CAM5 or Program I get picture & the Audio shows up properly.
My Assumption is the Prog Out is faulty but if anyone can shed any ideas I'm all ears

Regards
Stephen

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Aug 31, 2017 11:40 pm

To just verify the Program SDI or any SDI output is working or not, connect it to one of the SDI inputs while feeding color bars out of the switcher. If you see bars on the multiview, then program is working.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Stephen Lane

PostFri Sep 01, 2017 7:45 am

Stephen Lane wrote:
Just to confirm the PGM SDI outputs Nothing the SDI (Camera)outputs do, the Aux does & so do both multi views - & that is both color bars or content or even Media Player content set as the output. I have tried different coax cables & SDI to HDMI convertors just in case there was something screwy with that part, this happened both before & after the switcher received a firmware update so its not "software" but since feeding the SDI Camera & AUX outs to both converters or back into one of the SDI Camera ins works I am left with the probability that the PGM out is faulty out of the box unless someone can point out anything else - pity is that I tried to buy one locally for over 5 weeks & the Local BM dealers couldn't get enough in stock to help me so I had to import it from the USofA - it arrived in less than 7 days, in great condition with plenty of padding & no box damage so not unreasonably I expected it to function properly. The unit is required to be used in a show as of the 12th of Sept so I'm not going to be able to get it sent back & replaced in the time left, fortunately as the Camera Out SDI's & the AUX function I will be able to do the season of the show its just messy & not a good look.

Regards
Stephen Lane

Cmos37

PostThu May 31, 2018 3:37 am

Hi guys, am having the same problem to. I can't get my program output to give me a signal. A video if any would help. Thanks

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostThu May 31, 2018 5:46 pm

As Gary mentioned in the thread previously:
Gary Adams wrote:To just verify the Program SDI or any SDI output is working or not, connect it to one of the SDI inputs while feeding color bars out of the switcher. If you see bars on the multiview, then program is working.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Grega Podrekar

PostThu May 31, 2018 9:19 pm

Hi, I have similar setup than yours, just that I have to put Program (SDI) to blackmagic SDI>HDMI converter, then to HDMI recorder which has hdmi loop out, and from recorder to HDMI splitter and everything works OK. If I put HDMI signal first to splitter and from that to recorder it does not work.

best regard
grega

greenidge

PostSun Oct 21, 2018 3:12 am

Hello,
Was this question ever resolved? I now have a similar problem where I am no longer getting Prog SDI signal from both the Television Studio outputs but I am getting camera signals from the Multi-View outputs(SDI and HDMI). I am now running directly to a small TV screen using Black Magic SDI to HDMI converter but no signal from the Prog SDI outputs. No Color Bars or camera signals. Should I assume that both the outputs on the TVS are now dead? Anything else I can do to confirm this?

P.Nixx

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 7:35 am

I have the same problem. My program SDI output not working, but when I connect to the multi-view everything works. How can this be fixed?

Deekhan11

PostSat Jun 11, 2022 10:15 pm

Did anyone out there find a fix to this issue? I started having the same issue with my ATEM Television Studio HD. My program output SDI no long sends any signal or it is a scrambled signal. I’ve checked all my cables and all the other inputs and outputs. Everything seems to work but the program output. It worked for an event 2 weeks ago, for the first night of the event and then stopped working for the second night, and hasn’t worked since.

Any help would be appreciated! Wondering now if my program SDI output is just broken.

Return to Live Production