Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author
Earl Nottingham

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostThu May 11, 2017 12:25 am

Markers do not stay in place in timeline - tend to migrate as clips are edited.

Armen Amirkh

PostFri May 12, 2017 9:38 am

Intel i7-990X, ASUS RAMPAGE III X58 chipset, 24GBT Memory, NVidia GF 1070 8GBT on board. Windows 10 64 bit. NV Driver WQL 382.05

Installed 14 beta 2 over the 12.5 version without removing - to keep the old projects

I found 2 issues:

1. High CPU load 95-100% immediately after launching the application and keeps this level of consumption during all the work with program .

2. High, almost unbearable for ears loud pitch every time I begin playing some clips from the beginning and inside a clip. No matter RAW or ProRes files.

Petr Krenzelok

PostFri May 12, 2017 10:29 am

I can confirm high CPU usage - on my Win10 64bit ThinkPad notebook it is around 80-90% CPU usage, even when doing nothing within the applicsation

Tomek Cobas

PostFri May 12, 2017 12:08 pm

OSX

- Interlaced marerial on interlaced timeline (field rendering enabled) not working properly (scan lines flickering)

- Cache stil not working properly

- Chache stops rendering on clips with transitions - (CPU usage maxes out despite nothing being rendered anymore in the timeline - progress bar stops in the midle of the transition) -Resolve restart needed in order to resume work.

RaphaelCarpenter

PostFri May 12, 2017 2:29 pm

Very annoying bug with audio fades on clips.
Whatever you set (drag small white marker near begin or end of clip) 5sec, 50sec etc audio fade is not going linearly and sound is just cut at the end.
Sounds like D-curve, it has to be linear drop or inverted S-curve.
At this moment fade is useless :(

Dominique Bürki

PostFri May 12, 2017 6:38 pm

Got high CPU usage too. On 2 computers, one with Studio Version one without.
it keep at 90-100% usage.
Whats that? It already starts on the project screen

I removed everything of Resolve 12.5 before. No existing DB or configs...

Robert James

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List B2

PostFri May 12, 2017 8:03 pm

1) Can't remove VST plug-in once added. The FX icon in the timeline remains for a few minutes after the plug-in has been removed. but when you save and reopen Resolve the plug-in remains.

Is still a problem in beta 2
Resolve Studio 14.1
Windows 10 Fall Creator Update
ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO MB
AMD 1800x 4Ghz 32GB RAM
M.2 System Drive, M.2 Media Drive (All other drives SSDs)
ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G VC

Robert James

PostFri May 12, 2017 8:09 pm

Real and MeldaProduction VST's are not connecting properly. IE: none of the by-pass or meter functions work.

Is still a problem in b2

EDIT:
I think I've tried every imaginable possibility to remove the VTS and nothing works, and because they won't bypass they basically completely trash the entire project, making you start over from scratch.
Resolve Studio 14.1
ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO MB
AMD 1800x 4Ghz 32GB RAM

Robert A. Ober

PostFri May 12, 2017 9:02 pm

Robert James wrote:
Real and MeldaProduction VST's are not connecting properly. IE: none of the by-pass or meter functions work.

Is still a problem in b2

EDIT:
I think I've tried every imaginable possibility to remove the VTS and nothing works, and because they won't bypass they basically completely trash the entire project, making you start over from scratch.

OS? If Windows what audio card?

Thanks,
Robert

Robert James

PostFri May 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Massive Memory Usage (Maxes out system memory) when using any Boris OFX's, and repeatedly playing section.

5-12-2017 5-00-26 PM.png
5-12-2017 5-00-26 PM.png (1011.9 KiB) Viewed 136299 times
Resolve Studio 14.1
ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO MB
AMD 1800x 4Ghz 32GB RAM

Robert James

PostFri May 12, 2017 9:07 pm

Robert A. Ober wrote:
Robert James wrote:

Is still a problem in b2

EDIT:

OS? If Windows what audio card?

Thanks,
Robert

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit Creator's Update. I have 14B2 installed on 2 machines, both are using Realtek audio, both exhibit the same behavior. My new 1800x system is using a higher end version then my Intel machine.
Resolve Studio 14.1
ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO MB
AMD 1800x 4Ghz 32GB RAM

Robert A. Ober

PostFri May 12, 2017 9:51 pm

Robert James wrote:
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit Creator's Update. I have 14B2 installed on 2 machines, both are using Realtek audio, both exhibit the same behavior. My new 1800x system is using a higher end version then my Intel machine.

Thanks,

Interesting that issues with Win 7 has Resolve no longer supporting it, yet audio appears to be problematic in Win 10. Perhaps there are some API changes that the Resolve devs have yet to get there head around.

Hang in there,
Robert

Robert James

PostFri May 12, 2017 10:42 pm

Robert A. Ober wrote:
Robert James wrote:

Thanks,

Interesting that issues with Win 7 has Resolve no longer supporting it, yet audio appears to be problematic in Win 10. Perhaps there are some API changes that the Resolve devs have yet to get there head around.

Hang in there,
Robert

Thanks Robert, It serves me right. I've complained so much about 12.5 (and previous) having such a weak audio subsystem. :(

So in 14 they blow me (and I think everyone else) clean out of the water with the integration of FL, and with it the possibility of exceeding every possible expectation I ever had. :P

I guess with such a huge code base integration there is bound to be some major issues, I just hate bugs that destroy audio tracks. :shock:

Couple that with the windows creator update, 'faux' fixing the massive HDPI problems in Resolve, there is only 2 more things that would complete the Resolve trifecta...

1) Better H264/265 support (14 still doesn't help me much in this area, On both my machines (Intel and AMD) there is little improvement)
2) A significantly more robust titler (extremely weak atm).

Hey I can dream can't I... :P
Resolve Studio 14.1
ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO MB
AMD 1800x 4Ghz 32GB RAM

Robert James

PostFri May 12, 2017 10:59 pm

More Power Bin Problems.
I use power bins a LOT, and have quite a complex bin system which takes a lot of time to re-create.

Background
1) I built up a new 1800X Machine, and moved my 14 database ssd drive into the new machine.

I didn't get a chance to check this in beta 1, but in beta 2 all of the contents of the power bins are de-linked. No problem I thought I'll just re-link which works perfectly, however...

The Re-link doesn't persist a program restart.

There seems to be a lot of things that don't persist a program restart in 14.

DEVS: May I suggest a feature here? Currently Resolve does not build bins on the directory structure being dropped into the bin. It would be significantly easier if Resolve would build out the directory structure inside automatically in resolve.

So instead of taking several hours to rebuild these bins, It could be a matter of dropping the top folder structure into the power bin, and having resolve build out the bins based on the directory structures sub-folder names.
Resolve Studio 14.1
ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO MB
AMD 1800x 4Ghz 32GB RAM

Weston Woodbury

PostSat May 13, 2017 4:39 am

Dominique Bürki wrote:Got high CPU usage too. On 2 computers, one with Studio Version one without.
it keep at 90-100% usage.
Whats that? It already starts on the project screen

I removed everything of Resolve 12.5 before. No existing DB or configs...

Same here. 24 cores here totally maxed out 100% use entire time DR is running, even on load screen.

There's a hole in some code somewhere!

:mrgreen: wb

Albert Du Plessis

PostSat May 13, 2017 5:16 am

High CPU usage must be a Windows problem I don't see it on Mac.

Grzegorz Najder

PostSat May 13, 2017 10:28 am

Power windows stoped work properly. The effect appears in different place than the mask is.
Strange thing is that on the first halfe of the project everything works fine till one specific shot and than it happens on every clip.

Dominique Bürki

PostSat May 13, 2017 10:39 am

The kernel usage of the CPU is very high even on the project overview screen.
kernel.PNG
kernel.PNG (104.65 KiB) Viewed 136209 times

Charlie Hurst

PostSat May 13, 2017 5:14 pm

Just installed today (thinking of switching from Premiere on PC)

- CPU pegged to 90-99% soon after launch.
- No built in audio effects.
- External VST plugins are checked every time I launch meaning plugin packages like iZotope, Waves, SSL etc., where I only have licenses for a small number of plugins in the collections take forever to click through. Just need a button to rescan in the Audio Menu.
- Doesn't seem any easy way to access the EQ controls from the mixer part of the edit screen.

- Not reading audio from Sony .MTS AVCHD files from my older B-Cam DSLR

Frank Glencairn

PostSat May 13, 2017 6:16 pm

If you have that 100% CPU problem, you might try to delete the preferences.

If you look close at that video below, you can see, when he starts he is also at 100%, after removal, it seems to be fine.

Worth a Try.

http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

I told you so :-)

Mike C Bonner

PostSat May 13, 2017 7:17 pm

No audio in multicam on mac, 14b2

Imported multicam from fcpx, or multicam generated from clips within Resolve. I get a constant buzzing only when played back. When mc is opened up in timeline, everything looks and sounds fine, but not when cutting multicam clip.

Opened up same fcpx multicam xml in 12.5, all good.

BillGarvey

PostSun May 14, 2017 1:06 am

When in the source monitor hitting the "i" key to set an in point does not set the in point at the CTI. This also happens with hitting the "o" key for mark out point. If I set both an In and Out point and this happens and edit my clip to a timeline its the wrong in and out point, so it's not just a graphical error.

Update: I have a dual monitor set up. When I double-click a clip in my bin on the left monitor and it opens in the source window on the right monitor and I scrub through setting in and out points they are incorrect. Once I simply move the cursor so the arrow is in the right monitor the in and out functions properly.

iMac 27in - Sierra 10.12
3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024MB
Resolve 14b2
Last edited by BillGarvey on Mon May 15, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark Spink

PostSun May 14, 2017 2:46 am

DNxHD & DNxHR mov files broken when encoded in Davinci Resolve 14 Beta 2. (OK when using Davinci 12.5)
Forgot this thread so posted it as a separate one-

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=59426

Piotr Wozniacki

PostSun May 14, 2017 3:52 am

CPU at 100%, no sound problems, etc. - luckily, I don't have any of those deal-breaking issues with my 14B2 installation. Perhaps my trick of creating a new (empty) disk DB and making it active in 12.5 before actually overwriting it with 14B1/2 installation, then manually import all 12.5 projects (exported earlier) into that new database has bee a 100% effective one?

So far, not a single crash or weird problem with the 14B2! All my 12.5-originated projects as well as new ones, created with the 14B1/2, work like a charm (apart of course from all those many less fatal errors that are just the teething problem of the all new DR version, but those will all be rectified with time, I'm sure...

I recommend following my work-around mentioned above :) Cheers

Piotr
AMD TR 2990WX CPU | MSI X399 CARBON AC | 64GB RAM@XMP3200 | 2x RTX 2080Ti GPU | 4x 3TB WD Black RAID0 media drive | 3x 1TB NVMe RAID0 cache drive | SSD SATA system drive | AX1600i PSU | Decklink 12G Extreme | Samsung UHD reference monitor (calibrated)

KenSullivan

PostSun May 14, 2017 5:08 am

Like Paul Draper, I wish for ASIO driver support for multichannel audio monitoring through usb audio interfaces in Win10.
Win 10., ASRock x370, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 4090.

JonKlarstrom

PostSun May 14, 2017 8:31 am

In the beta 2 on OSX, latest, and imac mid 2011. Also I use Propellehead Balance as audio interface to stereo and speakers.

Every time I scrub the timeline I get a sound artefact, noise, really loud. Half a second, but when looking for a good inpoint there are a bunch of half seconds.

Every manual playhead move triggers this behaviour. Also got this when switching to system sound, but not sure if I am supposed to change audio preferences inside Resolve also. Totally new to this software.

/Jon

Dominique Bürki

PostSun May 14, 2017 10:01 am

Frank Glencairn wrote:If you have that 100% CPU problem, you might try to delete the preferences.

If you look close at that video below, you can see, when he starts he is also at 100%, after removal, it seems to be fine.

Worth a Try.

Did before and tried again, not working

Martin Heffels

PostSun May 14, 2017 11:39 am

Issue 1
In the Color Page in the Nodes tab, you can switch between Clip and Timeline via a dropdown-menu.

In b1 there was a dot next to the dropdown-menu to go to Timeline, but you had to select the dropdown-menu to go back to Clip.

In b2 the dot has disappeared all together. Would be nice to have it back to select the alternate view.

Issue 2
When in that same Timeline-view (I use this to drop in a node with the False Colour plug-in or a LUT), if I do Ctrl-F for a fullscreen view, if I press Esc or Ctrl-F to return to the normal view, the node-view switches back to Clip-view, and I have to use the drop-down menu to go to Timeline-view and disable the LUT/or False Colour view.

Ken Cooper

PostSun May 14, 2017 3:46 pm

Feature request for Resolve 14...

There are many bugs in Beta - and some even get carried over into the Release Version.

After a while - the forums are filled with hundreds of complaints and observations - about something not working right. The eyes tend to glaze over... :)

What I propose is a simple procedure...

01. Run Resolve.
02. The 'Project Manager' appears.
03. In the bottom footer - there is a new button called "Record Session". Press to make 'Active'.
04. Load a project and work on it. You have a microphone connected to the computer - and you talk.
05. You already know there is some weird thing happening, so this session is meant solely - to just capture it.
06. Make it short and sweet...
07. The error occurs - as expected. Great.
08. If Resolve has not crashed, then there is a menu item called "Send Session".
09. This automatically produces a zip file which contains: the master Log File, System Specs, a downsized (800x600)~ screen capture, and the users Audio Recording.
10. Since BMD knows how to deal with "Time Code", all the components inside the zip file - are precisely interlocked and so marked.
11: This zip is automatically sent to a BMD server.
12. This particular Resolve session now ends and one "Exits" the program.
13. One can then try to record another session - to reproduce another bug, or just continue working on footage in a normal fashion...

14. The programmer now has "Direct Evidence" of the system state, they can also "See and Hear" the actual steps that were done, and they can see what the program was really doing in the background.
15. All the recorded data is in one fairly complete package, and should be a Big help - in solving some bug/problem...

16. Finding bugs and reporting them - SHOULD be easy and painless.

17. I basically want the Bug forums to be empty and obsolete. Currently - a one or two sentence of complaint - is useless.

18. This early morning idea is called the "Equalizer"... :)

19. To take what the User wants to happen, to what the Programmer expects to happen and what the Program actually does - and to get all 3 to "match"...

Trevor Asquerthian

PostSun May 14, 2017 8:21 pm

Tomek Cobas wrote:- Interlaced marerial on interlaced timeline (field rendering enabled) not working properly (scan lines flickering)

I am seeing this also. Grading shows scan lines as only field 1 is being affected.

Created a full raster colour sequence to check
(Available here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsirl6yqmau4fi7/2%20Field%20Colours.mov?dl=0)

With field rendering enabled in project settings and on export - any grade ONLY affects field 1, field 2 passes through unaffected.

You can also see it on node sizing - only field 1 is resized

However timeline adjustments are correct across both fields

levisdavis

PostSun May 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Windows 10 Pro
14B2
AMD 1700X and AMD 480X

Also experiencing Audio Pops when playing/stopping and when moving about in the timeline.
Also experiencing full CPU load.
Program crashes when using Nested Clips; specifically when switching from the edit to color tab.

Here is a crash log.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsrqwwj2resyuey/DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20170513-134943.zip?dl=0
Levi Davis
Professional Imagery. Simple.
azcamera.biz

Constantin Gross

PostMon May 15, 2017 10:40 am

Resolve 14 Beta 2 crashing in Media Management as soon as copying/moving starts.
Macbook Pro Touchbar i7 & External SSD.

Tristan Pemberton

PostMon May 15, 2017 11:59 am

For actually importing and cutting, beta 2 works really well on my system. There are many bugs though.

System:
MacPro (Mid 2012)
2 x 2.4GHz 6-Core
20GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4095 MB
Decklink Studio 2
OSX 10.11.6

Bugs:
- Fails to load project (hangs after project management screen) about 50% of the time
- Audio automation unreliable - not working as expected
- audio transistions not working as expected
- When transporting on time line (scrubbing, playback) loud audio splats/digital glitches
- selecting OpenFX filters crashes system
- Fairlight doesn't work (any playback in that screen causes audio to sound "doubled")
- audio glitches occur in exports
Last edited by Tristan Pemberton on Tue May 16, 2017 12:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Director
Australia
www.flywirefilms.com

Constantin Gross

PostMon May 15, 2017 12:40 pm

Media Management working on Hackintosh, but copying or moving doesn't transfer Audio tracks into the new files.(not linked audio but in-camera audio)
All ProRes422

Mac OS Sierra
i7 3770 3,5
GeForce GTX 770 4GB

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

pnuggget

PostMon May 15, 2017 4:34 pm

A few issues in Beta 2 for us.

Audio static at the start of playback on Red 5k R3Ds files. Its like a static "hit" for half a second, its not in the files and it does It everytime but only at the beginning of playback. This was NOT present in beta 1
      When you open another program (in this case Smartsound Pro), the audio playback in Davinci goes silent. The only remedy is to close the other program and restart the computer.
        When using the "I" key to mark the in point on a clip while its playing, the in point will jump further into the clip than the playhead location if the curser is not hovering over the playhead location as well. If say the cursor is idle over the timeline, but the clip in the viewer is selected and playing, hitting the "I" key will set an in point halfway through the clip, ahead of the playhead.

System Information
        Windows 10 Pro
        Alienware 17 R4
        i7 7820K
        32GB RAM
        GTX 1080
        Resolve 14 Beta 2

GregoryBennett

PostMon May 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Still can't open the latest version of the public beta.
        Splash screen starts up, something seems to be loading, and then...nothing.
        It stops right after the load screen says 'loading audio ...' which flashes on the screen so fast that I can't fully read it...

Windows 10 Pro
        Asus X-99A motherboard
        Intel i7 - 5930K CPU 3.50Ghz
        32GB ram
        Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
        --
        Gregory Bennett
        Director of Photography
        Toronto, Canada
        http://www.gregorybennett.com/

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon May 15, 2017 5:10 pm

@Gregory: In Finder, go to /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve and double click CaptureLogs and post a link to the generated log file.

I put the Mac logs capture process above, for any Mac users.

But for Gregory, whom I now realize said he was on Windows:

In a File Explorer window, go to C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve, and double click CaptureLogs and post a link to the generated log file.
        Last edited by Dwaine Maggart on Mon May 15, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
        Dwaine Maggart
        Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Jean Rivoire

PostMon May 15, 2017 6:09 pm

I've put 20 videos on export queue. the files have been converted... without Sound. it seems that with more 10 videos to convert Resolve bug..

Henning Buchholz

PostTue May 16, 2017 7:37 am

Mocha pixel chooser does not work (link). Error message: ... needs Resolve 12.5. Maybe you can pass this info to the Boris FX team.

ChrisRiddell

PostTue May 16, 2017 8:44 am

Media storage locations it stats the first in the list is where the stills and cache are kept changing that to something like D:\Cache does not work the stills and caches are still been saved to the old "default" location on the C:\ this is for old and new projects.

Windows 10 Pro
        Ryzen 1600
        8GB ram
        Nvidia Geforce GTX 970

GuyMannerings

PostTue May 16, 2017 12:11 pm

Resolve 14 is deleting frames of clips.

What I mean is:-

Playback of footage has gone crazy. Now previewing a clip, it skips backwards a number of frames during playback. A 30 second clip may skip backwards 2 or 3 times. So you think it may only be a playback preview thing, but....

Then, on the timeline, it cuts out frames, and is nothing to do with rendering.
        I.e.,: When tapping forwards frame-by-frame with the arrow keys, the frames have physically disappeared!
        Resolve Studio 18.1.3 Build 8
        Windows 10 (Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045)
        Lenovo Legion 5 Pro laptop
        AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
        Nvidia RTX 3700 8GB (Driver Version 30.0.15.1236)
        32GB RAM
        2 x WD Black SN750 2TB SSDs, one with Resolve + Cache, other with Edit media

ChrisRiddell

PostTue May 16, 2017 1:07 pm

GuyMannerings wrote:Resolve 14 is deleting frames of clips.

What I mean is:-

Playback of footage has gone crazy. Now previewing a clip, it skips backwards a number of frames during playback. A 30 second clip may skip backwards 2 or 3 times. So you think it may only be a playback preview thing, but....

Then, on the timeline, it cuts out frames, and is nothing to do with rendering.
        I.e.,: When tapping forwards frame-by-frame with the arrow keys, the frames have physically disappeared!

I have this as well also some times it seems a frame is out of sequence.

Johannes Jonsson

PostTue May 16, 2017 1:22 pm

14 Studio Public Beta 2 working grate here except with interlaced material on an interlaced timeline with filed rendering enabled. Huge flickering in playback and in exports and scan lines or something like that through all thumbnails.
        If I uncheck filed rendering enabled box the flicker disappears.
        Win 10 64bit
        i7 6700K
        32 GB memory
        GTX 1070 8GB GPU
        Johannes

Trevor Asquerthian

PostTue May 16, 2017 2:46 pm

Audio output mutes if clip attributes are changed in Edit page. Fixed by switching to Fairlight tab and back again.

Meters next to DIM do not move, but meters for track, submix and main output all move.

See screen capture

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2qyoiisft4ff ... e.mov?dl=0

Grzegorz Najder

PostTue May 16, 2017 3:06 pm

Fusion connect clip not working. Fusion opens but video is missing. Nodes are red.

edit:
        Quick time must be installed. But this function still not working properly. Fusion imports different file than was selected in Davinci.

Mikael Koivusalo

PostTue May 16, 2017 5:09 pm

Ripple editing is extremely slow.

In 12.5 I used to be able to slide the clips shorter or longer from either end and everything after that would move along instantly. In 14b2 with the same project it takes a few second for the clips to jump to the new position.

My timeline is about 20 mins and the problem is worse at the beginning of the timeline. On the last clips things work a little smoother but still nothing like the instant response in 12.5.

I'm on Win 10, 12GB, i7-970x, GTX 780 Ti 3GB.
        Last edited by Mikael Koivusalo on Wed May 17, 2017 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ron Pestes

PostTue May 16, 2017 8:24 pm

I have used 14 beta on a small test project and here are the problems involved.

1. HD and 4k playback will not playback in real time. Drops lots of frames with only one track.
        2. Tapping the I and O key does not work all the time for setting in and out points, have to do it through menu. Only works randomly.
        3. New stabilizer is glacially slow! Using the Classic stabilizer is much faster but only works part of the time. About 50% of the time is does not stabilize the clip. It also does not zoom enough on some clips, showing black borders where it did not zoom in enough. Also, stabilizer MUST work in the background so I can keep editing.
        4. Tapping the + and - key does nothing. It should expand and contract the timeline.

Windows 10
        Nvidia 970M graphics
        i7 6700
        16 meg RAM

Please fix all the problems because you have great potential here. Right now Premiere PP CS6 plays everything fine with multi-tracks so to compete you need to get this working correctly.
        Gigabyte Aero 15 Laptop
        GeForce GTX 1070 Max Q
        I7-8750H
        16G RAM
        Win 10 Home

Trevor Asquerthian

PostWed May 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Adjustments to faders in the track mixer are not in undo stack

Randy Walters

PostWed May 17, 2017 5:49 pm

OS X

I’m very pleased to report that beta version v2 has completely fixed my audio plugins problem.

With beta version 1, the program would hang for hours at the startup screen, once it reached the “loading audio plugins” message. I’ve never actually been able to load the program.

Today I tried v2, and it went straight into the program without a hitch. It took a while to scan the hundreds of VST plugins I own; I restarted the program once it finished, and viola! All of them now show up in Resolve, with a very fast startup. This is just wonderful.

I’ve yet to actually begin using Resolve 14 itself, but I had to report this good news. Thanks to all the bug stompers, and now I’m on to actually getting some work done!

Robert James

PostWed May 17, 2017 7:01 pm

Randy Walters wrote:OS X

I’m very pleased to report that beta version v2 has completely fixed my audio plugins problem.

With beta version 1, the program would hang for hours at the startup screen, once it reached the “loading audio plugins” message. I’ve never actually been able to load the program.

Today I tried v2, and it went straight into the program without a hitch. It took a while to scan the hundreds of VST plugins I own; I restarted the program once it finished, and viola! All of them now show up in Resolve, with a very fast startup. This is just wonderful.

I’ve yet to actually begin using Resolve 14 itself, but I had to report this good news. Thanks to all the bug stompers, and now I’m on to actually getting some work done!

Be careful with your VST's usage, in my environment/system once you apply a VST, you cannot remove it, and will not bypass. The only way to remove the VTS is by completely deleting the audio clip.
        Resolve Studio 14.1
        ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO MB
        AMD 1800x 4Ghz 32GB RAM
        PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve