Issues that Blackmagic needs to Resolve quickly

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

benwalterdirector

Issues that Blackmagic needs to Resolve quickly

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 11:33 pm

-There has been NO AUDIO TRANSITIONS since Beta 1. The transitions now drops quickly so they cannot be called transitions.

-NO SOUND WHILE SCRUBBING frame by frame.

-When scrolling up and down on the footage, the video clips disappear (when going towards the sound) and vice versa.

Solve these 3 MAJOR issues BMD!

Michael McCaffrey

Re: Issues that Blackmagic needs to RESOLVE quickly

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 11:36 pm

Yes I've had the clips on the timeline disappear when scrolling vertically on the timeline as well. Reported this earlier.
Configuration:
Resolve Studio (Always the Latest)
Windows 11 Pro Workstation
32 Core AMD Ryzen Threadripper 256GB RAM
RTX 4090
RTX 3090
100G NAS
(1) 32" Ultra-Wide Display, (1) 4K 27” Display

benwalterdirector

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 6:27 am

Michael McCaffrey wrote:Yes I've had the clips on the timeline disappear when scrolling vertically on the timeline as well. Reported this earlier.

This sounds like no big deal to them since we're not getting any response...

benwalterdirector

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 6:52 am

Also as soon as we add waypoints on the audio timeline, the whole sound drops. Fix it.

Dave Shortman

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 7:18 am

It's a BETA, if it's broken in live release you have a point at the moment you sound like a whiner

PeterMoretti

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 7:23 am

I for one am happy they have yet to respond to such a horrible tone. There is a standard of professionalism, courtesy and appreciation that exists in this community. And while it seems lost on you, those standards should be maintained.

There are many ***longtime paying*** users of Resolve would *never* use that tone when addressing the folks at Blackmagic Design. Why you feel entitled to do so when using free beta software is beyond me.
Resolve 14.3 Studio. GTX 970 with GeForce 390.77 driver. Desktop Video 10.9.10. Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0. Windows 10 Pro.

benwalterdirector

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 10:25 am

PeterMoretti wrote:I for one am happy they have yet to respond to such a horrible tone. There is a standard of professionalism, courtesy and appreciation that exists in this community. And while it seems lost on you, those standards should be maintained.

There are many ***longtime paying*** users of Resolve would *never* use that tone when addressing the folks at Blackmagic Design. Why you feel entitled to do so when using free beta software is beyond me.

I've been a paying user of Resolve since 2012. Same good ole dongle. I guess you can call that longtime, even though on the cosmic calendar it is nothing. I love these guys and was among a minority to defend them when they released their line of cameras. They are pioneers.

The thing is: just like in human interactions, you are the harshest and most direct with the people you love. That's what this industry is based of. No creative team has ever moved on compromises. A group of us here has been referencing the same issues since the beginning. So you would expect for them to be solved by beta 5.

If we didn't love Resolve, we wouldn't even care. It's when you love something and want it to move forward that you call it out.

So yes, BMD my longtime friend, let's get to work!

Stewart Hemley

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 11:34 am

must not rise to the bait...must not rise to the bait...
Last edited by Stewart Hemley on Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miltos Pilalitos

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Beta testing time is for those who are willing to try the new software and help with the bug fixes. It is not for professional work with deadlines under stressful conditions. This should be clear for all.

Just because the beta testing is open and not closed it doesn't mean that BMD is encouraging you to use it for work. An open beta testing is good for all of us. We can try the software's new features and know what to expect when the release version is ready.

So, please don't spoil it for the rest of us by using a tone that is unfair to BMD and might make them consider changing the beta into a closed one.

BMD is developing Resolve and Fusion with amazing speed. I am sure the issues you are mentioning will be solved soon.
Windows 10 x64 • Threadripper 1950x • 64GB RAM • RTX 4090 24GB • Latest Nvidia drivers
Fusioneer since Fu4.0 • Resolver since v9

Andreas Schwarz

PostSat Jul 22, 2017 9:32 am

Miltos Pilalitos wrote:Beta testing time is for those who are willing to try the new software and help with the bug fixes. It is not for professional work with deadlines under stressful conditions. This should be clear for all.

Just because the beta testing is open and not closed it doesn't mean that BMD is encouraging you to use it for work. An open beta testing is good for all of us. We can try the software's new features and know what to expect when the release version is ready.

So, please don't spoil it for the rest of us by using a tone that is unfair to BMD and might make them consider changing the beta into a closed one.

BMD is developing Resolve and Fusion with amazing speed. I am sure the issues you are mentioning will be solved soon.

...agree 100%

benwalterdirector

PostTue Jul 25, 2017 11:25 pm

Audio transitions do not work, levels do not work, scrubbing doesn't work, and video transitions are wrong (images pop up at the start of the fade). Needed for professional use.

Jeff Brass

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 12:41 am

seriously, why would you use a BETA version for professional work and then complain it isn't all working?
Win10 Pro x64 | i7 5930k|64GB RAM |GTX 1080 8gb | Mini Monitor | DR Studio 16.2

Peter Cave

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 1:12 am

Some people enjoy complaining, ho hum.
Resolve 18.6.5 Mac OSX 14.4 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

Marc Wielage

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 3:22 am

Jeff Brass wrote:seriously, why would you use a BETA version for professional work and then complain it isn't all working?

I'm using 14 on a feature right now and I'm 2/3 done. There's been a few hitches, but nothing terrible. Some of the new features (particularly OFX chroma compressor) have helped out a bit.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Issues that Blackmagic needs to Resolve quickly

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 5:36 am

We appreciate all feedback and are actively working on fixes and also implementation of features in our long list. The priority of these updates wont suit everyone but nether the less the feedback is valuable especially for those beta testers who report issues they find with repo steps, crash logs where appropriate and understand that it is a dynamic work in progress beta.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Jeff Brass

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 10:05 am

Marc Wielage wrote:
Jeff Brass wrote:seriously, why would you use a BETA version for professional work and then complain it isn't all working?

I'm using 14 on a feature right now and I'm 2/3 done. There's been a few hitches, but nothing terrible. Some of the new features (particularly OFX chroma compressor) have helped out a bit.

I'm definitely not saying it shouldn't be used - I'm using 14 for several projects on the go at the moment - its the OP's anger and complaining I don't get.

PeterMoretti

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 8:18 pm

Jeff, I don't think Marc was taking issue with what you said, rather he was attesting that for beta software, 14b5 adds a lot to the table that it might be worth the risk... as long as you know what you're getting into.
Resolve 14.3 Studio. GTX 970 with GeForce 390.77 driver. Desktop Video 10.9.10. Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0. Windows 10 Pro.

Jeff Brass

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 8:58 pm

I think you are right Peter - apologies if it sounded like I was taking offence, I wasn't - was actually trying to agree. Guess I've been working too many looooong days in a row and not enough sleep and my writing isn't greatest at the best of times.

now...if DR14 had an "extra sleep" plugin I'll be sorted

PeterMoretti

PostThu Jul 27, 2017 6:56 am

I would definitely buy THAT plugin, LOL!!!

Return to DaVinci Resolve