Resolve crashing again on ultra HD footage

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Donnell Henry

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 2:44 am

I started a thread below with this problem. My UHD renders keep crashing. After Dwaine suggested lowering the render speed, that seemed to help a bit..but now it’s starting to crash again. I’ve tried rendering the same footage on 2 computers. The first is a late 2013 Mac Pro 6 core d500 OS X Sierra 10.12.6. 64g ram. The second 2017 Mac book pro i7 2.9 ghz graphics Radeon pro 4 gig. 16 g ram. No matter what render speed I put the renders on eventually it will crash. On resolve 14.0.1
GODS CREATE

Donnell Henry

Re: Resolve crashing again on ultra HD footage

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 12:45 pm

Would appreciate any help here. BM
Now it’s doing it on 2k renders as well.
CRASH LOGS BELOW
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20171023-090418.zip
(937.54 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
GODS CREATE

Donnell Henry

PostThu Oct 26, 2017 2:18 pm

**Bump***
GODS CREATE

rick.lang

PostThu Oct 26, 2017 9:18 pm

Can you Render to separate UHD clips to see if it’s failing on one clip consistently? Just trying to isolate what is happening?

Can you successfully render as a single video (all clips) to HD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Donnell Henry

PostFri Oct 27, 2017 2:50 am

hey rick, It’s a single clip. This is the 3rd single clip i’ve tried, all three clips i’ve tried to render varying in lengths and from different projects have failed. Only after multiple tries they work. I haven’t tried rendering to HD or rendering individual clips..I’ve only tried UHD and 2k DCI. Here’s the funny thing..if I render the same clip in fusion I have no problems rendering it. It’s only 4 minutes long. Usually if the computer can’t handle the footage for example my old 2011 iMac ..the screen on Davinci would start glitching and that would let you know your clips or clip is taxing the system ..what i’m getting is renders that would freeze at different points when rendering. For example it would freeze and crash on 76% of the render, then at other times 36%. Then after 5 or 6 tries it would finally complete the render. And now it seems other users on here are having similar problems
GODS CREATE

rick.lang

PostFri Oct 27, 2017 5:54 pm

When things aren’t repeatable, hard to know. I assume you’ve also removed all running programs, done a System Shutdown/Restart, and then started Resolve. There are times when things don’t “just work” and head scratching gets me nowhere. Shutting down, waiting a bit, and restarting can be a miracle cure but not every time.

Why it works consistently in Fusion and not consistently in Resolve is a possible hint for sleuths at BMD that know the internals better than we do. Has BMD Support taken your files and been able to repeat your problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Donnell Henry

PostSat Oct 28, 2017 1:37 am

Hey rick, yea i've tried what you suggested as well..BM contacted me, so we'll see if its a bug or something else.
GODS CREATE

Return to DaVinci Resolve