Serious bug in latest update

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Thom Britten-Austin

Serious bug in latest update

PostMon Nov 20, 2017 9:43 am

Discovered this bug in previous version and its still there so therefore this post.

In timeline double click a video clip, it appears in the preview window.

In the preview window select different in/out points. The clip in the timeline has now changed length accordingly!

This is potentially disasterous as its quite possible that you are selecting another part of the original clip to insert elsewhere in the timeline and you do not want the clip in the timeline you selected, to change.

Hope you can fix this or at least give the user an option to avoid this behaviour in the next update
Thom Britten-Austin
Windows 10, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X, Resolve 18.5

David Clarke

Re: Serious bug in latest update

PostMon Nov 20, 2017 9:57 am

It is not a bug, it has done this in previous versions. It also mimics exactly how Premiere Pro works, so it is not that unusual. If you want to go to the clip on the timeline and use another part choose "match frame". Put the playhead over the clip you want in the source and click f (or choose match frame from the timeline menu) and the clip on the timeline is put up in the player. You can then choose a different part of it.

Ulysses Paiva

Re: Serious bug in latest update

PostMon Nov 20, 2017 12:55 pm

You can also get used to double click in Media Pool window in the Edit tab when you want a different part of the same clip. Double clicking in timeline is useful to readjust the actual used part of the clip. There are times when you want one and times when you want the other. I remember it got me confused for a few seconds when I first discovered this but right then I saw the usefulness of each.
Ulysses Paiva

Return to DaVinci Resolve