ATEM TVS Multiview

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

chulettg

ATEM TVS Multiview

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 12:09 am

Hi, i have a new ATEM TVS, and i can´t change de multi viewing settings, the tabs are off. Thank you for your help.
Attachments
Captura de pantalla 2012-08-27 a la(s) 19.26.25 copy.jpg
Captura de pantalla 2012-08-27 a la(s) 19.26.25 copy.jpg (246.53 KiB) Viewed 19693 times

Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Re: ATEM TVS Multiview

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 12:48 am

What you're seeing for the Television Studio's Multiview settings is correct. You can rotate how you want the Program, Preview, and inputs to appear, but in terms of reassigning inputs, they are fixed which is why you see them as greyed out. The 1 M/E and 2 M/E have more input options (8 cameras, clean feeds, auxiliary outputs, etc.), therefore allowing you the ability to reassign inputs within the Multiview.
Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

chulettg

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 2:04 pm

Thanks Sarah,
What i want to do is relocate the inputs. I need to assign in this form:

View 1: Camera 1 (Input 4)SDI
View 2: Camera 2 (input 5)SDI
View 3: Camera 3 (Input 6)SDI
View 4: VTR 1 (Input 1) HDMI
View 5: VTR 2 (Input 2) HDMI
View 6: CG (Input 3) HDMI

I can´t select de tags. It´s no active to change.

Thx
Attachments
blackmagic.jpg
blackmagic.jpg (335.22 KiB) Viewed 19638 times

Jonas Bengtson

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 3:43 pm

As it seems today, the TVS can't remap.
Maybe fixable by software.

Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 1:11 am

Correct. The Television Studio's Multiview is not remappable. We're happy to take this as a feature request.
Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Thomas Seewald

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 7:24 am

Good idea, thank you.
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

chulettg

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Thanks for your help.
i can´t belive it. :oops:
In the advertising don´t say nothing about that. http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/product ... ionstudio/
Now i have 2 black views, one camera view, one black, two cameras and two blacks. INCREDIBLE!!!

Mike Squires

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 2:12 pm

chulettg wrote:Thanks for your help.
i can´t belive it. :oops:
In the advertising don´t say nothing about that. http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/product ... ionstudio/
Now i have 2 black views, one camera view, one black, two cameras and two blacks. INCREDIBLE!!!

Actually, it does state it in that link. Go to tech specs, and near the bottom under Multi View Monitoring, it states Fixed Routing under Routable Windows.

chulettg

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Ok, THX
I am very disappointed, I hope this will change very quickly with an update
THX for your help.

Bob Walker

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Mike Squires wrote:Actually, it does state it in that link. Go to tech specs, and near the bottom under Multi View Monitoring, it states Fixed Routing under Routable Windows.

Just to be absolutely sure (I think of 'remapping' as a software thing - but I am probably beyond my knpwn map of reality <G>) - can I change where various inputs display in multi view by changing the actual connections?

Please see thread viewtopic.php?f=18&t=742&p=3773#p3773

Thomas Seewald

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 6:10 pm

When you change the physical connections, you will also change the postion on the multiview. Every input has its own fixed position on multiview (at TVS).

From Manual:

On the ATEM Television Studio the multi view sources are fixed to show you Program, Preview, the 6 inputs and the 2 media players.
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 6:24 pm

If you change your physical connections into the ATEM Television Studio, this will move where a particular camera shows up in the Multiview. So for example, if you have two HDMI cameras and Camera A is plugged into HDMI 1 and Camera B is plugged into HDMI 2, Camera A will be show up in the Camera 1 spot on the Multiview, and Camera B will show up in the Camera 2 slot. However, if you take Camera B and place that in the HDMI 1 Slot and take Camera A and place that in the HDMI 2 slot, Camera B will show up in the Multiview's Camera 1 and Camera A will then show up in the Camera 2 spot.

Do note that in terms of the Multiview, HDMI 1 will always correspond to Camera 1 and HDMI 2 will always correspond to Camera 2. In the same vein, SDI 5 will always correspond to Camera 5 and SDI 6 will always correspond to Camera 6. Inputs 3 and 4 are the only switchable ports in terms of HDMI versus SDI. You can change the input type for these ports in the software control panel. However, whichever you select as the input type, the port labeled Input 3 will always correspond to Camera 3 and the port labeled Input 4 will always correspond to Camera 4.

I hope this clarifies rather than confuses. If I've completely missed the mark on the question regarding physical connections, please let me know.

*Edited to add: The post from Thomas right above mine might explain things a bit more succinctly ;)
Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Bob Walker

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Sarah Jones wrote:Correct. The Television Studio's Multiview is not remappable. We're happy to take this as a feature request.

I suspect there is some terminology confusion here. I think perhaps "remapping" is used here in the sense of "software" remapping of which inputs show up where.

With TVS, we were able to "remap" which inputs display where in Multi View by changing the physical input locations/connections.

See, also, this thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=742&p=4237#p4237

Return to Live Production