Cinema DNG to Cineform RAW

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Alex Primes

Re: Cinema DNG to Cineform RAW

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 11:44 pm

Tristan, apologies, I don't know how to program for iOS, sorry.

Of course if one is to run Windows on Mac under an emulator, then RAW 4 PRO will work perfectly. But not directly on a Mac.
DataBoss.me
the easiest way to backup, then find any of your data at any time.

Oli Koos

PostSun Dec 24, 2017 1:44 pm

Has the support of CineForm Raw files in Resolve changed over time?
In my initial testing, resolve treats Cineform Raw still as Cineform none raw, no log grading, no cinema raw options, plus green cast in the footage that is hard to recover .
Which makes a cineform Raw workflow just not practical to me.

Is it maybe possible to work with the color space transform tool? What color space and garmut is cineform raw that was converted with raw4pro from a ursa mini ?

carlomacchiavello

PostSun Dec 24, 2017 3:41 pm

Oli Koos wrote:Has the support of CineForm Raw files in Resolve changed over time?
In my initial testing, resolve treats Cineform Raw still as Cineform none raw, no log grading, no cinema raw options, plus green cast in the footage that is hard to recover .
Which makes a cineform Raw workflow just not practical to me.

Is it maybe possible to work with the color space transform tool? What color space and garmut is cineform raw that was converted with raw4pro from a ursa mini ?

if you develop with FIrstlight/gopro studio you not have a greencast (which is original raw shooting), anyway, is only a blackmagic matter, if you want you have a free ofx under windows to manage cineformraw correctly raw developing.
https://iaremrsir.wordpress.com/2015/04 ... i-resolve/
but the best is that Blackmagic add in resolve the raw decoding, and now that cf is opensource could be easely.

Alex Primes

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 5:09 pm

Just a quick note, RAW 4 PRO will no longer be offered in just a few days. Blackout date: Jan 25th 2018.
But R4P Easy users who purchased their licenses up to that date will be fine - the EASY version will work indefinitely.

If you'd like to get one while still available, I'm offering a 55% off discount to the readers of this forum till Jan 20th. Just click here, then enter promo code: bmr55

Thank you for reading.
DataBoss.me
the easiest way to backup, then find any of your data at any time.
Previous

Return to Cinematography