Please add support for more AVI codecs

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Sander de Regt

Please add support for more AVI codecs

PostThu Apr 12, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi,

Now that integration between editing, coloring, audio and vfx is high on the agenda, I'm looking into switching my editing over to Resolve. I've been using Edius for years now with great satisfaction.
This also means that I have *tons* of AVIs in the Edius (Grassvalley/Canopus) codec.
These won't import into Resolve right now.
They do work flawlessy in Fusion and the codec is pretty good in storage/performance ratio.
If BMD wants more people to adopt Resolve, maybe adding support for codecs like these will help.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

Re: Please add support for more AVI codecs

PostThu Apr 12, 2018 11:11 pm

Could you provide some samples and we’ll see if we can add read support for them?
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Andrew Kolakowski

PostThu Apr 12, 2018 11:26 pm

Sander de Regt wrote:Hi,

Now that integration between editing, coloring, audio and vfx is high on the agenda, I'm looking into switching my editing over to Resolve. I've been using Edius for years now with great satisfaction.
This also means that I have *tons* of AVIs in the Edius (Grassvalley/Canopus) codec.
They do work flawlessy in Fusion and the codec is pretty good in storage/performance ratio.
If BMD wants more people to adopt Resolve, maybe adding support for codecs like these will help.

Which GV codec as HQ and HQX are natively supported by Resolve.
Check in in Edius or with mediainfo.

Sander de Regt

PostFri Apr 13, 2018 8:57 am

Not according to the most recent supported format document on the support site.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Tony Martin

PostFri Apr 13, 2018 9:06 am

Sander de Regt wrote:

Not according to the most recent supported format document on the support site.

If I remember correctly, Resolve does recognise HQX/HQ but not in an AVI file.

I think I have used them exported from Edius as MOV.

I would also add my voice to be able to use as AVI from Edius.

Byron Dickens

PostFri Apr 13, 2018 12:10 pm

+1.

My Nikon D5000 shoots video in AVI, which I have to transcode before I can import in into Resolve.
DR 14.3 W10 Home. Core i7 3.4 GHz. 16GB RAM. Intel HD graphics 530.

Josef Pöllmann

PostFri Apr 13, 2018 1:53 pm

+1

Same with me here: After 12 years of work in Avid Liquid I have about 5.000 videos in our archive....
It would be a horror to transcode them all for further use which is neccessary....

The possibility of importing those would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Josef
DaVinci Resolve 18.6.5 Studio on a HP Z 420, 128 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, 2x4 + 1x2 TB Media, RTX4060TI 16GB, 551.61 Studio, W10 for Workstations 22H2 - www.muehldorf-tv.de

Jean Claude

PostFri Apr 13, 2018 5:51 pm

Hi,

From memory, only BlackMagic (which comes from Desktop) and Cineform codecs work in .AVI
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

Gary Hango

PostFri Apr 13, 2018 8:06 pm

Instead of transcoding the AVI files, have you tried just re-wrapping them to a mov format file using something like ffmpeg or ffmbc?
Code: Select all
ffmbc -i videofile.avi -vcodec copy -acodec copy videofile.mov
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700, 3.40GHz, 32.0 GB
MB: MSI, BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. A.60, 12/17/2015
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960, 2Gb
Resolve 18.1.1.0007(Free)

Jim Simon

PostSat Apr 14, 2018 1:04 am

I'm a fan of the free, cross-platform, mathematically lossless UT codec. Working on Windows, it's a great Intermediate. I'd love to have read/write support for this in Resolve.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/Ut-Video-Codec-Suite
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Bryan Worsley

PostSat Apr 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Rohit Gupta wrote:Could you provide some samples and we’ll see if we can add read support for them?

Hope you take them up on that Sander de Regt as it would be nice to have native support for HQX/HQ.avi file import, at least.

That said, remuxing AVI to MOV container is a straightforward task. When I need to, I usually use FFMPEG. But there are other tools, including VirtualDub2 (formerly VirtualDub_FilterMod), that will do it easily:

https://sourceforge.net/p/vdfiltermod/wiki/Home/

It's just a 'direct stream copy'. I use VDub2 mostly for individual files, but if you have alot of files to convert it is possible to set up for batch processing.

Same goes for Avid DNxHD.

Jim Simon

PostSat Apr 14, 2018 5:19 pm

Bryan Worsley wrote:remuxing AVI to MOV container is...

...not always (ever?) desirable.

https://blog.trendmicro.com/urgent-call ... ows-today/

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/04/18/ ... ktime.html
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Bryan Worsley

PostSat Apr 14, 2018 6:32 pm

I didn't mention anything about using Quicktime (for Windows) per se for remuxing AVI to MOV container (although that's one way people used to do it). And that's all we are talking about here, changing the container format for the purpose of importing these GV HQX/HQ files into Resolve.

Like I said, if BMD were to add support for import of the native AVI files, that would be great.

Sander de Regt

PostSat Apr 14, 2018 8:03 pm

Rohit Gupta wrote:Could you provide some samples and we’ll see if we can add read support for them?

Hi Rohit,

I've uploaded a couple of examples here

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

They all work in the standalone version of Fusion, so it would be very good if they'd work in Resolve/Fusion as well. Especially since converting all of my stuff isn't a practical solution.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Bryan Worsley

PostSat Apr 14, 2018 9:26 pm

Well it took less than a minute to load and remux those GV AVI files to MOV with VirtualDub2

Resolve 15 beta imports the HQ and HQX.mov files (with and without alpha) just fine, but does not 'see' the Lossless.mov files at all. So I guess Lossless is not supported. Maybe BMD could look at that too ?

Sander de Regt

PostSat Apr 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Bryan Worsley wrote:Well it took less than a minute to load and remux those GV AVI files to MOV with VirtualDub2

That's not the point. Of course it can be done, but since everything about Resolve is aimed at integration at the moment, going through VirtualDub2 is not an easy workaround.
I don't have that program.

Or the disk space to doubly store my files.

So to use my new intended editor that supports all kinds of formats - and effectively even supports mine - if wrapped in a *.mov - I don't want to jump through more hoops than necessary. One learning curve is more than enough as far as I'm concerned.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Bryan Worsley

PostSat Apr 14, 2018 10:38 pm

Sander de Regt wrote:That's not the point.

It was really to satisy my own curiosity, and particularly in regard to GV Lossless, which I haven't tested before.

Like I said,

Bryan Worsley wrote:...if BMD were to add support for import of the native AVI files, that would be great.

Bryan Worsley wrote:So I guess Lossless is not supported. Maybe BMD could look at that too ?

Here's hoping.

Jim Simon

PostSat Apr 14, 2018 11:14 pm

Bryan Worsley wrote:that's all we are talking about here, changing the container format for the purpose of importing these GV HQX/HQ files into Resolve.

It's more than that, though. We want the files to be readable both inside and outside of Resolve. AVI files usually are readable outside of Resolve because pretty much every Windows video oriented software on the planet (excepting Resolve) can read VfW codecs installed to the system.

We just need that 'inside' part taken care of. Converting to QuickTime could negate the 'outside' part, though.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Bryan Worsley

PostSat Apr 14, 2018 11:23 pm

Crikey, wish I hadn't mentioned it now. Jim, I am with you on that:

Bryan Worsley wrote:Like I said,

Bryan Worsley wrote:...if BMD were to add support for import of the native AVI files, that would be great.

Bryan Worsley wrote:So I guess Lossless is not supported. Maybe BMD could look at that too ?

Here's hoping.
Last edited by Bryan Worsley on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bryan Worsley

PostSat Apr 14, 2018 11:41 pm

And so as not be accused of obfuscating matters, here's Sander de Regt's post again with the sample GV avi file links, for Rohit's attention:

Sander de Regt wrote:

Hi Rohit,

I've uploaded a couple of examples here

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

They all work in the standalone version of Fusion, so it would be very good if they'd work in Resolve/Fusion as well. Especially since converting all of my stuff isn't a practical solution.

As regards:

Jim Simon wrote:I'm a fan of the free, cross-platform, mathematically lossless UT codec. Working on Windows, it's a great Intermediate. I'd love to have read/write support for this in Resolve.
https://www.videohelp.com/software/Ut-Video-Codec-Suite

Extended support for 'non-proprietary' third-party lossless vfw codecs (like UTVideo, MagicYUV) is something that has come up a number of times on the forum. Seems to me a more likely prospect for importing (at least) these formats, could be FFMPEG. Fusion 9 already supports FFMPEG for input:

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=71908#p403705

Of course that would also allow import of formats that BMD otherwise elect to support only in the Studio version of Resolve (like H265, High Profile 10 H264 currently), so if they did take that initiative there would likely be parallel restrictions. But I'm sure they've considered it.

Dilson Abraham

PostSun Apr 15, 2018 8:55 pm

Would appreciate if read support can be added for .m2t files.

I have not been able to import or de-interlace these clips up until DR 14.3. Hope that in DR 15 if read support can be added, it would be a great help for me to import these old projects and finish them off for once.

I have included links to a couple of sample files from my archive if these can be helpful in providing read support.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s-Fa0mzImkQJ1JkDNMvzYc7EJJdzmzCZ
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fM5xFIygDuFCItInc7HTJG0p7ymjNBDN
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen 5950 16-Core 3.4Ghz | 64GB
Gigabyte X570 Ultra | Gigabyte RTX 3060 12GB |
Samsung 28"
Resolve Studio 18.6.4 Build 2 | BM Fusion Studio 18

Bryan Worsley

PostMon Apr 16, 2018 12:36 am

These are MPEG2 (HDV).m2t files. Resolve imports MPEG2 only in mxf format, so the existing input options are convert to mxf or transcode to an accepted intermediate format (DNxHD, Cineform, Prores etc).

Last time I looked at the former option I used ffmpeg to remux to mxf but recall there was an issue with Resolve not reading the ffmpeg mxf Op1a format and I had to use bmxtranswrap to rewrite it, as per:

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=41675#p240678

Rather tedious.

I know that's not what you are asking though:

Dilson Abraham wrote:Would appreciate if read support can be added for .m2t files.

Since this doesn't relate to AVI, maybe you should make a separate request in a new thread.

Edit: I see you did:

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=72467#p403940

Jim Simon

PostWed Apr 18, 2018 7:29 pm

Bryan Worsley wrote:Seems to me a more likely prospect for importing (at least) these formats, could be FFMPEG.

I'd prefer the Windows version just included VfW support, as all Windows media software does.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Bryan Worsley

PostThu Apr 19, 2018 2:31 pm

Yes, many Windows-based NLE's do permit access to whatever compatible third-party WFW codecs are residing on the system, but for export this usually this requires modifying the profile of an existing system-supported AVI codec to access the listing, configuring the chosen third-party codec and saving it as a custom profile.

Take Vegas for example. If you export to Sony YUV (native codec) the pass-through luminance range of the imported source is preserved. However, if you 'customize' the Sony YUV profile to use UTVideo or MagicYUV instead and configure for 8-bit YUV (YV12,YUY2) encoding, the luma range of the export gets compressed (i.e. full range YUV 0-255 > 16-235). Fortunately with MagicYUV there is 'full luma' option that will counter that, but not with UTVideo. Point being that you cannot assume third-party VFW codecs will behave in the same manner as system-integrated codecs and it pays to examine their behavior in any given system to avoid undesirable outcomes.

In light of that, is that what you envisage by 'WFW support' in Resolve ? Obviously there's a big difference between that and adding system-integrated (native) support for select AVI codecs, especially when support already exists for the Quicktime (MOV) variant, as is the case with GV HQ/HQX.

For one thing the freely available GV (Canopus) HQX codec does not expose the 10-bit variant as an encode option when accessed as a 'standalone' VFW codec outside of Edius, even though webpage information would suggest otherwise:

https://www.grassvalley.com/products/hqx_codec/

I do agree though it would be nice to have lossless AVI option's besides Uncompressed.

Bryan Worsley

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 3:39 am

Actually, I've just checked out (for the first time) the standalone (free) version of Fusion 9, and the Render (I/O Saver) format options for AVI export do indeed list the third-party 64-bit VFW codecs residing on my system, although in the case of UTVideo and MagicYUV it is limited to the 8-bit variants. Also it does not give access to the native configuration panels of the codecs, which in other Windows-based NLE's that support VFW codecs is usually possible. Not so much of an issue for MagicYUV because the default encoder/decoder settings can be configured with a global configuration utility. But for other VFW codecs like Cineform (I have GoPro Cineform codec 9.2.1 installed) the only way I can see to configure the codec is via an independent video utility that can access the Cineform VFW Control Panel, like VirtualDub. So, unless I'm missing something, I wouldn't say the support given for these VFW codecs is really that comprehensive.

Still, I ran a few 'pass-through' (no transforms applied) tests with sample HD-AVC.mp4 clips exported to UTVideo (YUV 420) and MagicYUV (YUV 420) and was happy to see that the exports did preserve the YUV profile of the source, with the 'Export' settings at default.

Anyhow, that's Fusion 9 (standalone) not Resolve 15. But I can appreciate why folks accustomed to Fusion would hope for greater flexibility in choice of AVI formats.

Haven't got around to checking out ffmpeg import in Fusion yet.

Fred Rodrigues

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 8:35 am

I might be alone in this request- I hope not. I do a lot of live video playback and video mapping. For this I use the HAP codec, it is very fast and efficient and many video mapping systems use it. Particularly I use a direct show or media foundation based player to acheive this great performance (no chance to use something like a hyperdeck for mapping). I would love to see this in resolve now that it has fusion as it could be a great go to for creating this kind of content. The codec its self is open source and can be found here: https://github.com/Vidvox

There is a direct show filter here: http://renderheads.com/product/hap-for-directshow/

and AVI based hap samples can be found here: http://downloads.renderheads.com/2014/s ... 30-Hap.avi
and with alpha here: http://downloads.renderheads.com/2014/s ... 0-HapA.avi

I would love it if I could get these files directly from resolve (I can get them from after effects) instead of a full transcode after exporting, which for late changes before shows is pretty stressy..
http://www.fredrodrigues.net/

Bryan Worsley

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 12:50 pm

Not used it myself, so can't comment.

Chad Capeland

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 1:33 pm

How about just supporting FuSYSTEM_API ImageFormat or OpenImageIO? That way codecs and file formats can be add independently.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

FarbSpielRaum

PostWed May 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Fred Rodrigues wrote:I might be alone in this request- I hope not.

No you are not, I opened a new topic on HAP support: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=73185&p=407232#p407232

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostThu May 03, 2018 3:19 am

Byron Dickens wrote:+1.

My Nikon D5000 shoots video in AVI, which I have to transcode before I can import in into Resolve.

Can you provide me a link to two samples?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Byron Dickens

PostFri May 04, 2018 11:40 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:

What's a good way to do that?
DR 14.3 W10 Home. Core i7 3.4 GHz. 16GB RAM. Intel HD graphics 530.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostFri May 04, 2018 5:02 pm

Bryan Worsley wrote:I didn't mention anything about using Quicktime (for Windows) per se for remuxing AVI to MOV container (although that's one way people used to do it). And that's all we are talking about here, changing the container format for the purpose of importing these GV HQX/HQ files into Resolve.

Like I said, if BMD were to add support for import of the native AVI files, that would be great.

AVI container is old and quite limited: no field order flagging, no aspect flagging, no timecode etc. If you work with SD and for broadcast this is a massive issue.

There is no need to re-mux to MOV if you have QT PRO on PC. Open your HQX AVI in QT 7 and save as MOV reference file. Import this one to Resolve. It should work.

Uli Plank

PostSat May 05, 2018 2:17 am

Since it hasn’t been updated for years and there are known exploits, the QT framework and QT Player is officially considered a security risk on PCs. Many IT departments will refuse install it.
.MOV files themselves are not a problem.
Maybe AI can help you. Or make you obsolete.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Andrew Kolakowski

PostSat May 05, 2018 9:48 am

I'm sure if you just open file and create MOV ref one you risk is tiny. There is 10x bigger risk from constant use of internet browser yet no one is so paranoid about it.

Is there at least 1 known exploit related to this existing QT player "hole" ?
If you work for big company and they don't allow for QT player then it's some issue.

Jean Claude

PostSat May 05, 2018 10:52 am

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:
Bryan Worsley wrote:I didn't mention anything about using Quicktime (for Windows) per se for remuxing AVI to MOV container (although that's one way people used to do it). And that's all we are talking about here, changing the container format for the purpose of importing these GV HQX/HQ files into Resolve.

AVI container is old and quite limited: no field order flagging, no aspect flagging, no timecode etc. If you work with SD and for broadcast this is a massive issue.

There is no need to re-mux to MOV if you have QT PRO on PC. Open your HQX AVI in QT 7 and save as MOV reference file. Import this one to Resolve. It should work.

Confirmed. :)
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

Sander de Regt

PostSat May 05, 2018 7:49 pm

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:I'm sure if you just open file and create MOV ref one you risk is tiny. There is 10x bigger risk from constant use of internet browser yet no one is so paranoid about it.

Is there at least 1 known exploit related to this existing QT player "hole" ?
If you work for big company and they don't allow for QT player then it's some issue.

Sure, but I find it a bit ironic that you suggest working around an 'old and quite limited container' by using software that's completely abandoned, not updated and which has been known to wreak havoc with gamma levels.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Andrew Kolakowski

PostSat May 05, 2018 8:26 pm

You either have QT PRO or not. If you do, this is very good work around which requires basically no time and effort. I don't buy this "crap" about QT player being "banned" by USA goverment or even being "abandoned". If something solves my problem who cares if it's latest version of the app or something not maintained? If it works this is what counts. I use many other apps which are not maintained but are great and useful. You know QT player possible risk, so you can decide yourself. I know it provides 10x less risk than my everyday internet browsing, so I'm brave and use it :)
MOV itself has no problem with gamma- its all crappy implementations around it (so apps which write MOV) which use to cause possible issue. It grown into some "myth" caused by countless repeats on forums without people understanding real cause of the problem. So blamed gamma tag has not been in use for years now as it has been replaced by "colr" atom in MOV headers.

My "best" advice is- use MOV. Edius allows to export HQ/HQX in MOV (with timecode, etc) and this is far the best solution (but some people have many already exported AVI HQ/HQX files).

Uli Plank

PostSun May 06, 2018 1:17 am

I second that, I use QT Player Pro too – on my personal machine.
But a lot of IT departments are staring so much at official announcements by MS or Apple that they'd never install it at my workplace.
And NLE manufacturers are also steering away from the QT framework on PC. In the good old times I just needed to install any new or exotic codec on the machine and it showed up everywhere. Now even Adobe left that behind.
Maybe AI can help you. Or make you obsolete.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Bryan Worsley

PostMon May 07, 2018 1:40 pm

Irrespective of opinions about the legitimacy of the AVI format and these 'MOV workarounds', it's interesting that the two responses from the BMD Team both requested samples.

Sander de Regt wrote:

Peter Chamberlain wrote:

Evidently BMD do take these requests seriously and are no doubt aware that extended support for AVI codecs has been a recurring theme, and one that is perhaps more pertinent......

Sander de Regt wrote:Now that integration between editing, coloring, audio and vfx is high on the agenda.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostMon May 07, 2018 9:00 pm

They have HQ/HQX decoders already implemented, so adding support just for different container should be very easy. In this case I would also like to see support for "private" timecode, aspect/filed order flagging which GV is using in Edius exported AVIs. At last this way things are robust. If you do it, do it right :D

Jim Simon

PostMon May 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:AVI container is old and quite limited: no field order flagging, no aspect flagging, no timecode etc.

That's...confusing. DV AVI files contain all that info. Gspot was a staple for reading that data in the DV era.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jean Claude

PostMon May 14, 2018 5:19 pm

In a MOV you can easily insert video and audio tracks (at least 24 audio tracks) without size limits.

From memory, the AVI is limited to 4 GB. Someone confirms for the AVI?

Jim Simon

PostMon May 14, 2018 6:59 pm

AVI files have no size limitations. The Fat32 file system does.

Creating 13 GB AVI files from a 1 hr DV tape was routine using the NTFS file system.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostMon May 14, 2018 7:11 pm

Jim Simon wrote:
Andrew Kolakowski wrote:AVI container is old and quite limited: no field order flagging, no aspect flagging, no timecode etc.

That's...confusing. DV AVI files contain all that info. Gspot was a staple for reading that data in the DV era.

There is no standard way of passing timecode, aspect ratio, field order etc in AVI. It can be done using private headers, but each company does it differently, so then it's all messy.
Edius for example also reads all this metadata fine from its own exported files, but import those to Premiere and nothing is read. This is the problem- lack of standard. In case of MOV these headers are standardised.
In case of DV this info may be actually stored in DV private headers, not AVI container. Not sure.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostMon May 14, 2018 8:34 pm

Jim Simon wrote:AVI files have no size limitations. The Fat32 file system does.

Creating 13 GB AVI files from a 1 hr DV tape was routine using the NTFS file system.

No sucha limit in AVI itself. I had files above 2TB although you need to use something called superindex, which may not be supported by all apps which read AVIs.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostWed May 16, 2018 10:50 am

Sander de Regt wrote:Hi,

This is done now, but from metadata only timecode is written/read. Other metadata is not written.

Sander de Regt

PostWed May 16, 2018 8:10 pm

Great to see that my request is now implemented in B3!
I'll check it out shortly, but it's good to see that BMD is listening to its users. Very nice!
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Bryan Worsley

PostWed May 16, 2018 10:55 pm

There you go ;)

Bob Rooney

PostSun May 20, 2018 7:16 pm

I am running Beta3 and tried importing AVI file from 2006. It failed without any message. All my MP4 files worked fine. I tried to upload a 30 second AVI attachment but was too large.
Laptop Specs:

Purchased Spring '23 Running Davinci Resolve 18.5
MSI GT77 HX 13V
64Gig Ram
Display 3480X2160 144 hertz
Intel 13th Generation I9
Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080
Windows 11 Pro
3 2TB SSD

Bryan Worsley

PostMon May 21, 2018 11:09 pm

Bob Rooney wrote:I am running Beta3 and tried importing AVI file from 2006. It failed without any message.

What was the AVI codec ?
Next

Return to DaVinci Resolve