How to log in as admin?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Kelan.larkin

How to log in as admin?

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 4:40 pm

Maybe this is a dumb question I'm a pretty new user, but I can't find the answer anywhere.
There are a few project settings I want to change, so that those are the settings that load each time. From what I can tell, I need the admin user for that, but I don't know how/where to make that happen.
The machine I'm on has no other users (not sure if that info is needed, but there it is just in case)

rick.lang

Re: How to log in as admin?

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 5:07 pm

If you are the sole user and you installed Resolve, you are the admin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Kelan.larkin

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 5:39 pm

rick.lang wrote:If you are the sole user and you installed Resolve, you are the admin.

Yeah, that's what I thought. The reason I think I am not the admin is because, when I got to change the default settings for a project, everything is greyed out.

What I'm trying to ultimately accomplish is, when I load up a new project, I want it to already be in 60 fps, not 24. I know I could save a 'template' project and use that, but I'm hoping to not have to do that.

Thanks!

Jim Simon

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 11:57 pm

Kelan.larkin wrote:I know I could save a 'template' project and use that, but I'm hoping to not have to do that.

You do have to do that.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Jul 17, 2018 2:38 am

Try using the Project Settings, Presets... its designed for just such a purpose.. details in the manual
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve