Dual Monitor Setup Scale Issue

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Sylvain Salame

Dual Monitor Setup Scale Issue

PostWed Aug 22, 2018 3:55 pm

Hi,
I've a problem with Resolve 15 on Windows 10.

My laptop monitor is 4K, I use a scale parameter at 175% on it.
I have a second monitor HD plugged in it at 100% scaling.

When I run Resolve on in, and when I put the Dual monitor, my 2nd monitor is using the maximum scaling value even if in the Windows parameters it's set at 100%.

The only way to have it at 100% is to also have my 4K monitor at 100%, the issue is that a 15'6 at 100% is way too small to read.

Do anybody have an idea how to fix that? It's really stupid, because I totally didn't plan to buy a 4K secondary monitor.......

Sylvain Salame

Re: Dual Monitor Setup Scale Issue

PostSat Aug 25, 2018 12:45 pm

Does nobody have this issue? :( :|

James Spatz

PostSat Aug 25, 2018 1:29 pm

I struggled with this for a long time. The best I came up with was to run the laptop at 1920x1080. I don’t feel like I am missing much as 4K on a 15” monitor is not that useful to me. Most recently, I decided that single screen on a 34” curved wide screen was more efficient for my work than a second screen on a laptop. It also freed me up to position the laptop for better cooling and a very noticeable performance gain.

Sylvain Salame

PostTue Aug 28, 2018 3:46 pm

On Windows 7, no issues with monitors with different definition... Ridiculous Win 10...
My issues are that if I use my 4k laptop monitor at the same resolution than my external monitor, everything is quite blurry...

34" that's good! But I will need it foldable then :lol:

Return to DaVinci Resolve