Pocket Cinema Camera 4k Image App

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Lyn Collins

Pocket Cinema Camera 4k Image App

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 11:12 am

I'm am a huge Panasonic Image App user. It gives me the ability to view the live image, set focus, change my settings, and control when I wish to start and stop recording without being near the camera.

The live view and focusing remotely are the biggest features for me. I am a one person crew, so I need to be able to nail focus whenever I am in the shot.

Has anyone found an inexpensive Wi-Fi Adapter that can be combined with the Pocket Cinema Camera 4k and software setup?
Last edited by Lyn Collins on Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Dilson Abraham

Re: Pocket Cinema Camera 4k Image App

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 12:22 pm

+1
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen 5950 16-Core 3.4Ghz | 64GB
Gigabyte X570 Ultra | Gigabyte RTX 3060 12GB |
Samsung 28"
Resolve Studio 18.6.4 Build 2 | BM Fusion Studio 18

roger.magnusson

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 12:46 pm

Exactly like the Panasonic app isn't possible since the BMD cameras do not have wifi, only bluetooth.

MarcusWolschon

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 2:13 pm

No live view.
Bluetooth Low Energy doesn't allow for such a bandwidth.
Last edited by MarcusWolschon on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lyn Collins

PostThu Nov 08, 2018 8:11 pm

MarcusWolschon wrote:No live view.
No remote focus control.
Just settings and starting/stoping recording and playback.

I saw your basic app. What features will your more advanced app have?

MarcusWolschon

PostThu Nov 08, 2018 8:18 pm

Lyn Collins wrote:
No remote focus control.
Just settings and starting/stoping recording and playback.

I saw your basic app. What features will your more advanced app have?

I plan for reading and writing configuration
and to set the time of the camera to the GPS-time of the phone (something the Panasonic Imaging app for the GH4/GH4R/GH5/GH5s has).
It should be possible to start/stop multiple cameras. Given the Bluetooth latency they will probably not be in perfect sync but good enough for e.g. multicam interviews.

I'm trying to add audio meters and time-sync to the simpler app too.
However I have no nice looking widget for audio levels yet (need to write one myself)
and I struggle with the Binary Coded Digital encoding in Kotlin (byte vs ubyte and some bitwise operations being defined for BigInteger but not byte) and the fact that for some reason the RTC ends in a frame-number and thus the system-time depends on the selected frame-rate.

I just found out why me reading the configuration did not work.
Bluetooth Low Energy is quite complicated and the Android API for it is not very good.

Lyn Collins

PostSat Nov 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Thinking about trying a wireless HDMI set-up. Does anyone have experience with that?

MarcusWolschon

PostSat Nov 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Lyn Collins wrote:Thinking about trying a wireless HDMI set-up. Does anyone have experience with that?

I think you should start a new thread with a matching subject to get more answers.

MarcusWolschon

PostMon Nov 12, 2018 6:43 pm

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... cc4krecord

Change of plans:
I fixed a ton of Bluetooth issues (Bluetooth Low Energy on Android is a MESS)
added a display display of the most important parameters
and I'll add settings to this app instead of writing a separate one.
Just on a separate screen.
I may actually add focus pulling (not tested yet).

Known issues:
* reading the storage medium doesn't seem to work on my camera. So I left that blank for the moment
* I need to find a way to test this on an URSA Mini Pro some day. ;)

(Hey, [*] = list item doesn't seem to form in this forum)
Attachments
recording_EN.png
recording_EN.png (96.38 KiB) Viewed 324155 times

MarcusWolschon

PostMon Nov 12, 2018 8:58 pm

Yes, a test of pulling focus and triggering autofocus works.
I just have to integrate it with the Android Navigation framework for version 1.2 of the app.
(1.1.0 is in Play Store)
I'm planning to add 3 buttons to store 3 focus distances.
To allow focus transition with and without ease in+out in adjustable/selectable speed.
(Like with the GH5 touchscreen)
Attachments
Focus-test.png
Focus-test.png (58.06 KiB) Viewed 324124 times

mwalker1000

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 12:50 am

Lyn Collins wrote:Thinking about trying a wireless HDMI set-up. Does anyone have experience with that?

Uncompressed HDMI 1080/60p
2ch, 5.1, 7.1
100' range (the "pro" version lol)
< 1ms lag
$300 ($200 open box ebay)
http://nyrius.com

It's not built like a tank but it works. You can even pull focus with it. Pair that with a 7" monitor ($150) and the Tilta Nucleus Nano focus controller ($239) and you have a pretty solid remote follow focus (albeit a bit noob-ish) if you don't beat on it.

I don't have all this together yet, as Tilta is about to start shipping the Nano this month (I pre-ordered as soon as the email arrived) and the monitor is on its way from B&H, but to have a lag-less uncompressed 1080p feed and remote follow focus for way less than $800 is a modern miracle.

I'll report back once I have the whole thing working. Its not an optimum setup - I wouldn't want to put the Nyrius through a production with a full crew and the realistic distance is probably less than 50 feet, but it will most likely be better than nothing for my one and a half man operation!

mwalker1000

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 12:52 am

MarcusWolschon wrote:

I think you should start a new thread with a matching subject to get more answers.

Yea that's probably a really good idea.

ricardo marty

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 2:41 pm

The zhiyun crane 3 lab has a wireless transmiter that gets the signal from the camera's hdmi. It will transmit to a smart phone with a zhiyun app. (ios or android)

This app will control a servo and they state that it will add follow focus and zoom capabilities.

Would this be possible with the bmp4k? (assuming a lens with the electronic connections)

Thank you

Ricardo marty
DVR_S 18.5, Asus ProArt PD5, 2.5 GHz i7 16-Core 64GB of 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM GeForce RTX 3070 1TB M.2 NVMe Window 11, LenovoLegion 2.6 i7 10750h 2.6, 64gb 3200mhz, rtx 2060, 1tb ssd M.2 Win 11 BenQ PD3420Q, Sony FS700R, Bmp4k, Sony A6700. PreSonus AudioBox

MarcusWolschon

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 2:50 pm

ricardo marty wrote:to a smart phone with a zhiyun app. (ios or android)

This zhiyun app?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... play&hl=de
With the incredibly bad reviews (average of 4.618 reviews is 2.0 stars)?
It will control that zhiyun servo but not any BMPCC4K camera functions.

ricardo marty

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 2:53 pm

MarcusWolschon wrote:
ricardo marty wrote:to a smart phone with a zhiyun app. (ios or android)

This zhiyun app?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... play&hl=de
With the incredibly bad reviews (average of 4.618 reviews is 2.0 stars)?
It will control that zhiyun servo but not any BMPCC4K camera functions.

Don't know if its this one or a new app coming with crane 3 lab. But regardless will an app like this and a servo be able to run the lens on a bmp4k?
DVR_S 18.5, Asus ProArt PD5, 2.5 GHz i7 16-Core 64GB of 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM GeForce RTX 3070 1TB M.2 NVMe Window 11, LenovoLegion 2.6 i7 10750h 2.6, 64gb 3200mhz, rtx 2060, 1tb ssd M.2 Win 11 BenQ PD3420Q, Sony FS700R, Bmp4k, Sony A6700. PreSonus AudioBox

MarcusWolschon

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 3:08 pm

why would they not? The servo would turn the lens even with no camera at all.
It's just much nicer, repeatable and accurate to instruct the camera to do it electronically then to use an electrician motor. .

ricardo marty

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 3:09 pm

MarcusWolschon wrote:why would they not? The servo would turn the lens even with no camera at all.
It's just much nicer, repeatable and accurate to instruct the camera to do it electronically then to use an electrician motor. .

With follow focus?

MarcusWolschon

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 3:17 pm

ricardo marty wrote:
MarcusWolschon wrote:why would they not? The servo would turn the lens even with no camera at all.

With follow focus?

Ask the manufacturer!
It's camera independent and for the most part not what the initial posting asked for.

MarcusWolschon

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm

Good news!
I added remote focus pulling
and changing the first 3 parameters is finished.

More is to come!
Play Store:

Blog:
https://marcuswolschon.blogspot.com/201 ... ocket.html
Attachments
Focus_EN.png
Focus_EN.png (51.47 KiB) Viewed 323905 times

Ciordia9

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 7:06 pm

Bluetooth Low Energy doesn't allow for such a bandwidth.

BTLE has about a 200 Kbps throughput. Depending on how small you make the image and what refresh you do it could pull off some acceptable parallels. No need for a live-view, but a low shutter frame / focus line / zebra check? Youbetcha.

I'd love to see more robust controls regardless added to the app, for that matter, the app needs to hit the iphone/android--I don't know why you need an ipad for such a limited control setup to begin with. Confounds me daily.

MarcusWolschon

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Ciordia9 wrote:
MarcusWolschon wrote:I'd love to see more robust controls regardless added to the app, for that matter, the app needs to hit the iphone/android--I don't know why you need an ipad for such a limited control setup to begin with. Confounds me daily.

Blackmagic's own iOS app that is.
(Just making that clear because that was my Android app one posting above.)

Well, I'd love to have an image in the Camera Control API but I think that other parts of that are more important and that an image that has a low frame rate and low resolution is of very limited use. It would not work for pulling focus. For composing your shot you need to be at the tripod and thus the camera anyway. HDMI cables, HDMI to SDI converters and wireless video systems are a much better way to do that.

Ciordia9

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 7:17 pm

Yea, sorry I was early in the thread when I replied. I see you're much farther along. :)

MarcusWolschon wrote:
Ciordia9 wrote:
MarcusWolschon wrote:Well, I'd love to have an image in the Camera Control API but I think that other parts of that are more important and that an image that has a low frame rate and low resolution is of very limited use. It would not work for pulling focus. For composing your shot you need to be at the tripod and thus the camera anyway. HDMI cables, HDMI to SDI converters and wireless video systems are a much better way to do that.

Absolutely. In priority terms that wouldn't be my most highest ranking and usefulness is highly limited, no doubt about it. I'd really like to see pull-focus in the body. I have no idea why we don't have it for the digitally controlled lens'.

Does the API allow for the application of the real presets and not the "button presets"? That would be higher on my list--the ability to do deep and full configuration shifts at fingertips instead of buried a few UX clicks down.

MarcusWolschon

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 7:22 pm

What do you mean with "real presets"?
I have not seen anything regarding the presets you can define in the camera in the API.
An application could do that on it's own.

For that matter, It is currently missing values to switch to DCI 4K and 4.6K(URSA Mini Pro) resolutions.
(Support ticket DEV-144), so these resolutions can only be selected in camera.
That will likely also be the case with other settings.
It also doesn't seem to broadcast what memory card is selected and whatever I send to change it (using the defined commands and values), is ignored.
So there will be limitations.

Ciordia9

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 7:40 pm

MarcusWolschon wrote:What do you mean with "real presets"?
I have not seen anything regarding the presets you can define in the camera in the API.
An application could do that on it's own.

You're on the right track; BMD uses two usages of the word Preset(s)--which is confusing.

You can change the "preset" for the three top buttons. (Config -> Setup -> Function X -> Preset)
You can change the "presets" for the camera (Config -> Presets)

I have presets like: Everyday (standard daylight+uhd+prores+zeb+lines), Indoors (tungsten+uhd+prores-zeb+lines), Office (wb-tuned, HD, Audio inputs---), True Hi-FPS (HD, HFR+120FPS), etc.

If you have controls that can fully tilt the settings like the Presets then at least that's some parity even though you have to recreate it all twice. I do hope they continue giving developers hooks into the software if it's not there.

MarcusWolschon

PostMon Nov 19, 2018 8:37 pm

The public beta version
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/bi ... cc4krecord
of my Android app now has support for Android Wear.
So Vloggers in front of the camera can start and stop the recording by simply tapping their watch.

I has also been sucessfully tested on URSA Mini Pro in addition to the Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

MarcusWolschon

PostTue Nov 20, 2018 9:16 pm

I release version 1.2.4 of my Android App.

• Wireless focus (not on URSA Mini Pro EF-Mount but works find on Pocket Cinema Camera 4K)
  • Wireless zoom (With Powerzoom lenses like the Panasonic 14-45PZ and 45-175PZ)
  • Android Wear support is now stable. When you are in front of the camera, you can start and stop the recording with a tap on the watch. Without fishing for a large cellphone.
Attachments
Focus_EN.png
Focus_EN.png (89.57 KiB) Viewed 323727 times

MarcusWolschon

PostSat Nov 24, 2018 9:49 am

I released public Beta 1.2.5 of my app.
Since it's no longer just a simple recording-button, I adjusted the name.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/bi ... cc4krecord

Changes:
  • New icon and name
  • Project metadata support
  • fixed ISO selection on URSA Mini Pro
  • Zoom controls are disabled when no Power Zoom lens is detected
  • Focus is disabled on URSA Mini Pro because (at least the EF-mount verion) is known to ignore the respective commands

David Hutchinson

PostSat Nov 24, 2018 10:41 am

Marcus, will the app work with the Ursa Broadcast?

MarcusWolschon

PostSat Nov 24, 2018 10:51 am

David Hutchinson wrote:Marcus, will the app work with the Ursa Broadcast?

I don't know. If it has Bluetooth, I suspect it would work.
Google Play Store gives you a free refund period for testing the app.

If it works at all, I can add it's limitations (focus supported? valid ISO values? ..)
to the app. But since I have no such camera, that would require a bit of help from
someone with access to an URSA Broadcast. Just as with the URSA Mini Pro.

David Cherniack

PostSat Nov 24, 2018 1:01 pm

Marcus, I just bought the paid version of the app. It works very well with the P4k but it seems to have all the new features that are in the public beta. I can see no difference. I'm happy to run the public beta too, if there are features there that aren't in the paid app and if it will run in parallel with the paid app.

David
David
Resolve Studio latest build
Windows 11 Pro
Decklink Mini Monitor 4k
Intel i9 7960x @ 4 GHz
Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 Water Cooler
Asus x299 Prime Deluxe
64GB 3333 Corsair Dominator ram
1 EVGA RTX 3090 XC3 Card
Areca Thunderbolt3 12 drive Raid

MarcusWolschon

PostSat Nov 24, 2018 1:49 pm

David Cherniack wrote:Marcus, I just bought the paid version of the app. It works very well with the P4k but it seems to have all the new features that are in the public beta. I can see no difference. I'm happy to run the public beta too, if there are features there that aren't in the paid app and if it will run in parallel with the paid app.

David

I just released the stable 1.2.6 a few hours ago after finishing the rest of clip metadata.
I just didn't want to spam this thread about every improvement because it's coming along very fast.

I can add some additional output for new camera models (like the URSA Broadcast) later.
So I can detect them and limit the selections to only things the respective camera (and lens)
actually support.
e.g. with a B4 mount I wouldn't be surprised if powerzoom would work with all lenses
Last edited by MarcusWolschon on Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David Cherniack

PostSat Nov 24, 2018 1:53 pm

MarcusWolschon wrote:
David Cherniack wrote:Marcus, I just bought the paid version of the app. It works very well with the P4k but it seems to have all the new features that are in the public beta. I can see no difference. I'm happy to run the public beta too, if there are features there that aren't in the paid app and if it will run in parallel with the paid app.

David

I just released the stable 1.2.6 a few hours ago after finishing the rest of clip metadata.
I just didn't want to spam this thread about every improvement because it's coming along very fast.

Cool. Keep'em coming. It's a great app.
David
Resolve Studio latest build
Windows 11 Pro
Decklink Mini Monitor 4k
Intel i9 7960x @ 4 GHz
Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 Water Cooler
Asus x299 Prime Deluxe
64GB 3333 Corsair Dominator ram
1 EVGA RTX 3090 XC3 Card
Areca Thunderbolt3 12 drive Raid

MarcusWolschon

PostSat Nov 24, 2018 4:04 pm

David Cherniack wrote:
MarcusWolschon wrote:
Cool. Keep'em coming. It's a great app.

As you wish....

Release 1.2.7 - I figured out how to get the remaining minutes/seconds left on the SD-card.
(Not covered in API documentation)
This may not yet be shown with 2 storage card slots. I'll have to test when my Samsung T5 SSD arrives and maybe someone locally can borrow me a CFast-card for a day.

ricardo marty

PostSat Nov 24, 2018 4:43 pm

MarcusWolschon your doing a great job. May I ask a question?

Would it be possible to use your app via a wireless signal?

I ask because some gimbles have a transmitter that takes the signal from the cameras HDMI and feed it wireless to their app in a smartphone. With this they can control the appropriate lens with follow focus.. and servos for zoom and focus. I ask because i'm not sure that they would work with the bmp4k.

Thank You

Ricardo

MarcusWolschon

PostSat Nov 24, 2018 5:20 pm

ricardo marty wrote:MarcusWolschon your doing a great job. May I ask a question?

I ask because some gimbles have a transmitter that takes the signal from the cameras HDMI and feed it wireless to their app in a smartphone.

No

MarcusWolschon

PostTue Dec 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Ok, Beta version 1.2.9 now supports M-frame-rates (24.98, 23.97, 59.97fps) and prints the available storage space nicer.

Denny Smith

PostThu Dec 06, 2018 7:17 am

MarcusWolschon I would like the Ursa Broadcast Support added, great idea!
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

MarcusWolschon

PostThu Dec 06, 2018 7:27 am

Denny Smith wrote:MarcusWolschon I would like the Ursa Broadcast Support added, great idea!
Cheers

You can contact me via email at wolschon-androidapps@kleinbetrieb.biz and we can work this out.
If the Broadcast supports the Bluetooth protocol, like the Ursa Mini Pro does, it should work already.
As it does not know the camera model yet, it would offer everything the BMPCC4K can do.

I can add something, so that if the camera is an unknown model, it composes an email to me
with the exact name the camera uses to identify itself and some simple questions about the
supported resolutions, ISO values, codecs,... to be filled in so I can add these to the app.
Do you have access to a powerzoom lens, so we can test if I can enable that function for
the URSA Broadcast? For the URSA Mini Pro the focus commands are ignored. So this may also be
the case for the Broadcast but it remains to be tested.

Will anyone with an URSA Broadcast attend the 35C3 in Leipzig this year?

rapcon

PostFri Dec 07, 2018 12:44 am

I put a Teradek Cube wifi MIMO on the HDMI port (cost more than the camera) on my BMPCC4k and ran the BMD IOS APP(Bluetooth) on an IPAD mini with the Teradek App for the image and BMD IOS App for control. Works good.

rick.lang

PostFri Dec 07, 2018 4:48 am

Love it! And Grant Petty doesn’t really expect us to rig a ‘pocket’ camera fully, but he knows it’s going to happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Denny Smith

PostFri Dec 07, 2018 7:53 pm

Marcus, the Ursa Broadcast is the same Bluetooth protocol as the Ursa Mini Pro, and both work with BM,s IPad application. I like th sides and what you have done with the IPhone/Android app, as I would prefer to use the IPhone in the field over a large IPad. I will down load your app today, and see what does, and does not work, and get back to you. I have a ENG Servo Zoom, to test that, but my,lens does not have Servo focus control, so not able to test remote focus abilities.
Thanks again.
Cheers
Last edited by Denny Smith on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

MarcusWolschon

PostFri Dec 07, 2018 8:45 pm

Denny Smith wrote:Marcus, the Ursa Broadcast is the same Bluetooth protocol as the Ursa Mini Pro, and both work with BM,s IPad application. I like th sides and what you have done with the IPhone/Android app, as I would prefer to use the IPhone in the field over a large IPad. I will down load yiur app today, and see what does, and does not work, and get back to you. Thanks.
Cheers

I know it's the same protocol (that's why I CAN support it) but I need to know the exact
model-name it reports itself as being, so I can disallow all settings it doesn't support.
The app does not output that name yet. I'll have to add that.
This will probably happen on Sunday during a long train ride.

MarcusWolschon

PostMon Dec 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Denny Smith wrote:Marcus, the Ursa Broadcast is the same Bluetooth protocol as the Ursa Mini Pro

Version 1.2.11 now asks the user some basic questions
when detecting an unknown camera model.

I also fixed a minor issue when a bluetooth device has a null name.
(I did not translate the email Text for German users yet. Only the dialog itself.)

unknown_camera_EN.png
unknown_camera_EN.png (103.88 KiB) Viewed 323033 times

The attachment unknown_camera_email_EN.png is no longer available
Attachments
unknown_camera_email_EN.png
unknown_camera_email_EN.png (228.17 KiB) Viewed 323033 times

Denny Smith

PostTue Dec 11, 2018 8:36 am

OK, got you, will let you know what name is displayed, if any. I got the app downloaded, but have been too busy to test yet, hopefully will do so tomorrow.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Wayne Steven

PostTue Dec 11, 2018 4:40 pm

+1 to the app.

All you need is a USB or card WiFi dongle and fur BM to do s firmware update to support it.

Please BM first this app and a firmware update to support high speed WiFi through USB and card slots?

Bluetooth is possible, but the live view would be extremely low resolution and quality. Focussing may not be practical. However, Bluetooth supports higher speed if they can reprogram it to support some of those modes.

However, another option is a wireless hdmi adaptor and Bluetooth control signals. There maybe a HDMI to WiFi dongle out there allowing a phone app to pick it up, then using Bluetooth for control signals again. However, BM would need to do a lot of work again.
aIf you are not truthfully progressive, maybe you shouldn't say anything
bTruthful side topics in-line with or related to, the discussion accepted
cOften people deceive themselves so much they do not understand, even when the truth is explained to them

Denny Smith

PostTue Dec 11, 2018 8:15 pm

MarcusWolschon wrote:
Denny Smith wrote:Marcus, the Ursa Broadcast is the same Bluetooth protocol as the Ursa Mini Pro, and both work with BM,s IPad application. I like th sides and what you have done with the IPhone/Android app, as I would prefer to use the IPhone in the field over a large IPad. I will down load yiur app today, and see what does, and does not work, and get back to you. Thanks.
Cheers

I know it's the same protocol (that's why I CAN support it) but I need to know the exact
model-name it reports itself as being, so I can disallow all settings it doesn't support.
The app does not output that name yet. I'll have to add that.
This will probably happen on Sunday during a long train ride.

Marcus, the app works with the Ursa Broadcast camera, it shows the camera name as Ursa Broadcast,
followed with A:9F3037DA. All functions work, except focus, as I do not have any auto focus or Servo focus lenses. Did not rest Zoom, as I do not see an option for remote zoom. Perhaps remote focus on pg 3 could be replaced with Zoom function. All of the sliders and presets also work just fine.
Nice job, good looking and easy to use screens.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

MarcusWolschon

PostTue Dec 11, 2018 9:17 pm

Denny Smith wrote:Marcus, the app works with the Ursa Broadcast camera, it shows the camera name as Ursa Broadcast,
followed with A:9F3037DA. All functions work, except focus, as I do not have any auto focus or Servo focus lenses. Did not rest Zoom, as I do not see an option for remote zoom.

Identifier:
There should have been a dialog as shown in my screenshot.
"Yes" prepares and email with all the information I need (second screenshot).
The email is pre-filled with the exact identifier the camera reports via the respective service
(The "camera model" bluetooth characteristic "00002A24-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb".)
This is different from what the name shown in the list.
That's would be the name the Android phone assignes to this camera and can be changed by the user.
Usually to identify a specific camera.

The email-draft also asks some simple questions about what ISO values and resolutions the camera offers in the menu.
Sadly "Ursa Broadcast" sounds wrong. In the URSA Mini Pro "URSA" is written in capital letters.

Zoom:
Sorry, I forgot to unlock that feature in case an unknown camera is detected.
The zoom slider is currently greyed unless the name of the lens is (or is changed into)
"LUMIX G VARIO PZ 14-42/F3.5-5.6" or "LUMIX G VARIO PZ 45-175/F4.0-5.6"
in the metadata screen.
These two are the only native Micro Four Thirds lenses that support power-zoom.
So for the BMPCC4K it prevents accidentally hitting the wrong sliders in the 99% of
the cases when a lens that can only be zoomed manually is attached.

I'm thinking about adding some kind of "help->about" page that contains a switch to unlock all funtions and values for this kind of experiment.

Denny Smith

PostWed Dec 12, 2018 2:00 am

Ursa May have been all caps, not sure, will check. The Ursa Broadcast is basically a Ursa Mini Pro with a different sensor and native lens mount. It comes with a B4 Mount, but takes the Ursa Mini Pro alternative lens mounts as well. It does not have a MFT option, of course (wish it did). So on the Ursa Broadcast, Servo zooms are available with ENG B4 Mount zooms, and some zooms have a Servo focus also.

I am using an IPhone, and IOS not Android. All the other controls did work very nicely, including the iris slider. So how do you access the zoom slider when not using PZ MFT zooms?

I did not get the dialogue you referred to, but my phone was off line, not connected to the,internet when I paired it with the camera, I do not have a cell or WFi connection in my Studio, by design.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

MarcusWolschon

PostWed Dec 12, 2018 5:49 am

Denny Smith wrote:I am using an IPhone, and IOS not Android. All the other controls did work very nicely, including the iris slider. So how do you access the zoom slider when not using PZ MFT zooms?

You don't.
I don't have anything to do with the official "Blackmagic Camera Control" iOS app or the 3rd party Bluetooth+ for Blackmagic iOS app.
I just write the Android app "BMPCC4K Control"

Denny Smith

PostWed Dec 12, 2018 6:03 pm

Ah, that explains it! I got you mixed up, thought you developed the Bluetooth + app. Sorry. :oops:
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions
Next

Return to Cinematography