Adobe Premiere Pro Issue Causing Blown Out Speakers

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Peter Odio

Adobe Premiere Pro Issue Causing Blown Out Speakers

PostWed Feb 06, 2019 6:42 pm

Alvin Shen alerted us to multiple users on the Adobe support forums who report that Premiere Pro suddenly caused loud, distorted audio to play through their MacBook Pro speakers, resulting in permanent damage. In many cases, the issue arose when users were editing the audio settings of video clips.

"I was using the Adobe Premiere 2019 Audio suite for background sound and while tweaking the settings it made a loud distorted noise that hurt even my ears," wrote one user. "After that my speakers are unusable."

The discussion topic was posted in November, and there are replies from affected users through January, suggesting that the apparent bug is present in both versions 12.0.1 and 12.0.2 of Premiere Pro CC for Mac. It's unclear when the issue began, how many users are affected, or what the exact cause is.

It appears Adobe advised at least one customer to try disabling the MacBook Pro's microphone in Premiere Pro by selecting No Input under Preferences > Audio Hardware > Default Input, but the issue persists for some users.

Our tipster Shen took his MacBook Pro to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store in Canada and was provided with an over $600 repair quote for his 2018 15-inch MacBook Pro. The price is so high because Apple replaces the entire top case assembly containing the speakers, keyboard, trackpad, and battery.

It's unclear if Adobe, Apple, or both companies are at fault. We've reached out to both Adobe and Apple for comment.

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/02/06/adobe-premiere-pro-blown-out-macbook-pro-speakers/
promedios.tv

improfilm

Re: Adobe Premiere Pro Issue Causing Blown Out Speakers

PostSun Oct 09, 2022 7:10 am

Unfortunately the very same happened to me with DaVinci Resolve this morning...
I've contacted with both: Blackmagic support & local Apple support. Fortunately I still have a warranty, but this unforseen instance takes my main (and only) workstation away for a couple of weeks...

Charles Bennett

Re: Adobe Premiere Pro Issue Causing Blown Out Speakers

PostFri Oct 21, 2022 6:53 pm

This was something that manifested itself in Pro Tools a few years ago on both Mac and Windows with only some users being affected.
This post from the PT website in 2017 might be relevant.
Attachments
Noise Blasts ib PT.JPG
Noise Blasts ib PT.JPG (110.84 KiB) Viewed 679 times
Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (546.01 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

Return to Post Production