Videohub Hardware Panel Setup

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Robert Baker

Videohub Hardware Panel Setup

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 3:46 am

Where is the best place to go to make suggestions for software improvement where Blackmagic Design can see it and respond? The videohub panel software needs some work:

1. Ability to copy and paste macros to speed up the setup
2. Ability to activate macros over the network
3. An Auto discovery tool to find panel on the network
4. A better way to map macros using names pulled from a smarthub instead of just port numbers
5. Allowing the program to change height/width depending on the computer monitor's resolution or at least give the user a chance to rescale the program.

Any chance we could see any of these ideas implemented in the next version of the software?
Small List of my current toolset:

BMPCC6k - EVA1 - GH5 - Canon R - DaVinci Resolve Studio - Adobe CC - Sony Soundforge 11 - Izotope RX7 - Izotope Elements

Xtreemtec

Re: Videohub Hardware Panel Setup

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 2:24 pm

I totally agree with you.. But the development on the videohub products seem to have a standstill for a couple of years now.

Macro's in the hub is not possible in the current software.. And only the controllers can do a sequential write of commands which comes close to a macro.. :?

I'm thinking of writing my own software for the videohub series to expand on this. As there also issues with the detection of the panels when connected to USB for the settings..

But BMD respond on this.. Suggestions will be put on the list. But might never be implemented..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Robert Baker

Re: Videohub Hardware Panel Setup

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 11:56 pm

Thanks for the response. I'm definitely going to bring it up to them this year at NAB.

And I appreciate any work you do with additional programming. That is not one of my skill sets so I appreciate people who can work in that area. Let me know if you decide to move forward. The Videohub Panel is useful but could be soooo much better.
Small List of my current toolset:

BMPCC6k - EVA1 - GH5 - Canon R - DaVinci Resolve Studio - Adobe CC - Sony Soundforge 11 - Izotope RX7 - Izotope Elements

Return to Getting Started