DaVinci Resolve on Linux - Install issues

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Hakim Craddock

Re: DaVinci Resolve on Linux - Install issues

PostMon Feb 11, 2019 1:05 am

Dieter Scheel wrote:
Hakim Craddock wrote:That sounds awesome. Do you know of any GUi's i can install for Manjaro to use ffmpeg?

I don't know about Manjaro, but you could try QWinFF, WinFF, Handbrake or FFmpegYAG to name a few. But you might be able to use a Google search. Or you use a script for Nautilus/Nemo - I use the latter because my DE is Cinnamon.

Thank you. i tried handbrake, didnt see a prores option in it.

Hakim Craddock

PostMon Feb 11, 2019 1:06 am

but honestly. I am not wasting anymore time on it until the microphone issue is resolved.

Dieter Scheel

PostMon Feb 11, 2019 9:56 am

Hakim Craddock wrote:but honestly. I am not wasting anymore time on it until the microphone issue is resolved.

I don't think that using ffmpeg is a waste of time. Please use the search engine of your choice to find more information about ffmpeg and Prores. And as I said before - using a terminal or bash script is the easiest and quickest way of achieving your goal.
Resolve Studio 18.6 | Linux Mint 21.3 'Virginia' | 32 GB | i7 | RTX2070 8 GB (535.161.07) | 2 TB SSD | 48 TB NAS
Lenovo Legion | Resolve Studio 18.6 | Linux Mint 21.3 'Virginia' | 16 GB | i5 | GTX1650 4 GB (535.161.07) | 1.25 TB SSD

Adderbox76

PostMon Feb 11, 2019 8:16 pm

Hakim Craddock wrote:
Dieter Scheel wrote:
Hakim Craddock wrote:That sounds awesome. Do you know of any GUi's i can install for Manjaro to use ffmpeg?

I don't know about Manjaro, but you could try QWinFF, WinFF, Handbrake or FFmpegYAG to name a few. But you might be able to use a Google search. Or you use a script for Nautilus/Nemo - I use the latter because my DE is Cinnamon.

Thank you. i tried handbrake, didnt see a prores option in it.

That is largely the issue with GUIs and why CLI will always generally beat them. A GUI won't always include every format that FFMPEG is capable of. While it's very easy to transcode with a simple command, unless the GUI makes the time to include every format, you'll only have access to a fraction of the codecs available.

As others have said, they will go all the way to creating bash scripts and creating links in their film browsers' kicker menu. I don't do anything that fancy. I keep a text document of all possible commands so I can cut and paste as needed.

So for example, if I want to convert all of my mp4s in a folder to prores I can simply open that folder in the terminal and paste:

for i in *.mp4; do ffmpeg -i "$i" -c:v prores -profile:v 3 -c:a pcm_s16le "${i%.*}.mov"; done

And then go make a cup of coffee.

You can change the .mp4 part in the above command for whatever format your files are in and achieve exactly the same result. Faster and easier than mucking around with drop down boxes in a GUI.

deezid

PostTue Feb 12, 2019 9:09 am

Just figured out Davinci Resolve comes with a nice installer.
So basically download, unzip and click on it - install.

Just worked perfectly fine.
Download my 55M Advanced Luts for the Pocket 4K and 6K and UMP12K here:
https://55media.net/55mluts/

Neil Preston

PostTue Feb 12, 2019 1:56 pm

Adderbox76 wrote:
So for example, if I want to convert all of my mp4s in a folder to prores I can simply open that folder in the terminal and paste:

for i in *.mp4; do ffmpeg -i "$i" -c:v prores -profile:v 3 -c:a pcm_s16le "${i%.*}.mov"; done

And then go make a cup of coffee.

This is what I'm trying to do, build a collection of ffmpeg instruction lines for my needs while learning to understand codecs/formats and ffmpeg.
One conversion I'm not getting quite right is mxf XAVC L to mp4. This may sound odd, but what I want to do is basic editing on a Samsung S4 tablet. I spend a lot of time camping in our national parks where laptops are not always practical. The more serious stuff is done when I get home.

My xavc l to mp4 conversions will play in some media players but Kinemaster, the app I'm using will not read them. Any help with the ffmpeg instructions would be a great help.
Ubuntu 20.04, Dell G5 Laptop, Intel i7, 32gb ram, GTX 1650 6gb, Resolve Studio 16,

Adderbox76

PostWed Feb 13, 2019 2:38 pm

Neil Preston wrote:
My xavc l to mp4 conversions will play in some media players but Kinemaster, the app I'm using will not read them. Any help with the ffmpeg instructions would be a great help.

Unfortunately I don't use Sony so I'm unfamiliar with the those particular codecs. And up until now I hadn't heard of Kinemaster.

A bit of digging, here http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pxw-fs7-fs5/531922-xavc-l-s-mxf-mp4-re-wrap.html and https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2013-June/015751.html, and it seems (in my unfamiliar Sony mind) that the Sony codec has special metadata that is lost when encoding to a new format. So in effect you're finalizing your footage when you convert it, which could be why it works in media players but not in an editing app like kinemaster.

But as I said, I'm just guessing here based on a few minutes of research. To be honest, if it was ME, I'd see if the Sony Camera allows you to film to a less-proprietary format on those times when you know you are going to be editing on your tablet.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Hakim Craddock

PostThu Feb 14, 2019 11:09 pm

You guys should share your ffmpeg comands list. Maybe a thread with commands can be created.

deezid

PostThu Feb 14, 2019 11:14 pm

Hakim Craddock wrote:You guys should share your ffmpeg comands list. Maybe a thread with commands can be created.

I would like that and maybe some kind of simple tutorial how to embed these ffmpeg scripts into Nautilus.
Will try to fiugure out how to create watchfolders as well, might become handy

Dieter Scheel

PostFri Feb 15, 2019 2:13 pm

deezid wrote:I would like that and maybe some kind of simple tutorial how to embed these ffmpeg scripts into Nautilus.Will try to fiugure out how to create watchfolders as well, might become handy

I'd like to do that but first BMD has to sort this thread - it's now 28 pages with all possible topics. Maybe a forum part for Linux in general and helper scripts in particular would be extremley helpful.
Resolve Studio 18.6 | Linux Mint 21.3 'Virginia' | 32 GB | i7 | RTX2070 8 GB (535.161.07) | 2 TB SSD | 48 TB NAS
Lenovo Legion | Resolve Studio 18.6 | Linux Mint 21.3 'Virginia' | 16 GB | i5 | GTX1650 4 GB (535.161.07) | 1.25 TB SSD

Sulo Kokki

PostFri Feb 15, 2019 5:05 pm

Dieter Scheel wrote:I'd like to do that but first BMD has to sort this thread - it's now 28 pages with all possible topics. Maybe a forum part for Linux in general and helper scripts in particular would be extremley helpful.

Believe me, we've asked for that over 10 pages ago. All we got is unstick topic.

Oh, well. It seems there's a need for a user-maintained discussion forum centering on Davinci Resolve. Different sections for different OS', etc (also Fusion & Fairlight). I encourage everyone interested to come up with viable solutions, as BMD wants to run this forum on a certain way and that's alright. But it also looks like Resolve users need to solve this issue own their own.
Linux Mint 19.3 | DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.1 | 2700x 32gb Radeon VII | macOS Mojave

bjornzitting

PostFri Feb 15, 2019 6:18 pm

Yes Sulo, I agree!

Linux + Resolve is so powerful - when it works!
In my view at least split current thread in four or more Linux threads:

- Installing/upgrading Resolve on different Linux distributions - maybe a special thread for the 'BMD supported' Linux distribution and one or more for 'the rest'

- Limitations of Resolve functionally with Linux generally (compared to functions working on other OS + HW), like mic input via USB right now...

- Limitations of Resolve supported Codecs/file formats in/out with Linux generally (compared to what is working on other OS + HW)

- Limitations of different HW on Linux

- And hopefully a thread of what is better on Linux with Resolve :)

In my case remaining Linux problems with:
- Threadripper contra Intel CPU, is that fully solved now (?)
- Blackmagic control panels only working on Centos/Redhat?
- Blackmagic video cards/Desktop Video software only work on older kernels!!!

I'm so impressed of the progress of Resolve since I found it, and the helpful atmosphere on the forum
Thank you all!
Björn

Heikki Repo

PostSun Feb 17, 2019 9:30 pm

Augh, I wrote a very lengthy piece here and when I tried to submit it, I was logged out! Perhaps it was a good thing though...

To sum my thoughts:
- BMD seems to be primarily a hardware company
- Big money is not in the Advanced panels but in Pocket 4K cameras (and software is used to sell cameras)
- DaVinci Resolve is no longer a turn key solution, hasn't been for a long time!
- There are more and more people leaving MacOS ("Modular" Mac Pro, Mojave and NVIDIA, need I say more!) and Windows (Telemetry, forced updates, MS-DOS filesystem layout C: D: E: ...) to become Linux users
-----> it makes sense to treat all Linux users like good, potential customers -- Linux doesn't need to be a "turn key island" compared to other platforms (and TBH, the fact that R15 has the support for system sound tells me that they don't intend that either, as otherwise bringing this feature wouldn't have made sense!)

The way Resolve is packaged on Linux should be addressed ASAP. It's a nightmare even for professional environments installed from the official BMD ISO. It shouldn't be necessary to reinstall the whole operating system if something breaks. It should be possible to keep system up to date (Just imagine if BMD told all Mac users to keep using Snow Leopard 10.6.3 from release to release :mrgreen: ).

BMD, hear us: If CentOS is too difficult target, move to Ubuntu (/Debian). It's very stable, extremely popular distribution. I think it is the most supported Linux distribution if we use as a metric the variety of proprietary, commercial consumer software available for it (for example, gaming platform Steam). After having used Ubuntu 16.04/18.04 for many years using CentOS 7.3 was like being thrown back to the early 2000s... :o :lol:

Neil Preston

PostMon Feb 18, 2019 3:03 pm

Adderbox76 wrote:A bit of digging, here http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-pxw-fs7-fs5/531922-xavc-l-s-mxf-mp4-re-wrap.html and https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2013-June/015751.html, and it seems (in my unfamiliar Sony mind) that the Sony codec has special metadata that is lost when encoding to a new format. So in effect you're finalizing your footage when you convert it, which could be why it works in media players but not in an editing app like kinemaster.

Paul, thanks for the links.
The info there has added a bit more to my knowledge. ffmpeg is fascinating software, lots to learn there!
If I can contribute anything to a list of useful examples I will, but I'm very much a beginner.
Ubuntu 20.04, Dell G5 Laptop, Intel i7, 32gb ram, GTX 1650 6gb, Resolve Studio 16,

Hakim Craddock

PostFri Feb 22, 2019 1:45 am

This works in Windows and im sure it will work in Linux too as long as ffmpeg is installed properly.

ffmpeg ProRes command:
ffmpeg -i "input.mov" -c:v prores_ks -profile:v 3 -qscale:v 7 -vendor ap10 -pix_fmt yuv422p10le -acodec pcm_s16le output.mov

-qscale:v 7 = quality scale, lower number is higher quality 9 is good IMO.
-profile:v 3 = 0=Proxy 1=LT 2=SQ 3=HQ

Hakim Craddock

PostFri Feb 22, 2019 1:46 am

seems this thread is being hidden from the main DR forum. I have to search to find it.

Hakim Craddock

PostSun Feb 24, 2019 1:54 pm

Can anyone confirm is the microphone issue is resolved in 2.4?

Adderbox76

PostSun Feb 24, 2019 4:01 pm

Hakim Craddock wrote:seems this thread is being hidden from the main DR forum. I have to search to find it.

No it's not. Found it on the first page, about 10 topics down (8 if you don't count the pinned topics).

deezid

PostMon Feb 25, 2019 10:53 am

Adderbox76 wrote:
Hakim Craddock wrote:seems this thread is being hidden from the main DR forum. I have to search to find it.

No it's not. Found it on the first page, about 10 topics down (8 if you don't count the pinned topics).

It was pinned before. Now it's not.
@Hakim Craddock:
Hoping they'll fix (USB-) audio input. Had to go back to V15.2.2 because there's another dealbraker in later versions: Alpha channel messed up when using RCM or ACES.

Wasn't really able to continue working on my feature film before switching back to 15.2.2

bmpccdp27

PostTue Feb 26, 2019 4:26 am

I haven't got a response on my current situation, but I'll discuss what else I've discovered.

I was able to get Davinci Resolve Studio running on an Acer Predator Helios 500 with a 2700 and rx vega 56

I downloaded specific rpms from AMDs rx vega 56 drivers for centos

amdgpu-core (core metapackage)
amdgpu-pro-core (metapackage of amdgpu-pro)
clinfo-amdgpu-pro
libopencl-amdgpu-pro
opencl-amdgpu-pro-icd

One fails, but doesn't matter opencl goes through and Davinci Resolve runs just fine. Note, I copied these specific rpms and relocated into a separate folder and dnf installed all of them together. It failed in the past when I didn't do that method.
I did the same process again with a 2700 and rx 570, but Davinci Resolve still can't find OpenCl, also on this build Desktop Video/Media Express can't detect two captures cards I have installed on the build.
I'm shocked the process didn't work again. I'm wondering if it's because it's polaris vs vega
I did make a mistake that I'm not sure matters. I installed the same rpms I did for Vega 56 from the amd 18.50 drivers for centos. I retried with the rx 570 drivers and Davinci Resolve still didn't see the Opencl capable gpu.

I really don't think this matters though, from what I can tell the driver is the same linux driver, even Centos and RHEL appear to have the same gpu drivers. I've noticed it's the same with Nvidia. In fact Nvidia seems to just release one propriety gpu driver that works with all they're cards or at least is supposed to work.

Any info would be appreciated, ultimately I just want to see BMD support open source mesa drivers, that is the new standard for amd on linux.

P

deezid

PostTue Feb 26, 2019 11:00 pm

bmpccdp27 wrote:I haven't got a response on my current situation, but I'll discuss what else I've discovered.

I was able to get Davinci Resolve Studio running on an Acer Predator Helios 500 with a 2700 and rx vega 56

I downloaded specific rpms from AMDs rx vega 56 drivers for centos

amdgpu-core (core metapackage)
amdgpu-pro-core (metapackage of amdgpu-pro)
clinfo-amdgpu-pro
libopencl-amdgpu-pro
opencl-amdgpu-pro-icd

One fails, but doesn't matter opencl goes through and Davinci Resolve runs just fine. Note, I copied these specific rpms and relocated into a separate folder and dnf installed all of them together. It failed in the past when I didn't do that method.
I did the same process again with a 2700 and rx 570, but Davinci Resolve still can't find OpenCl, also on this build Desktop Video/Media Express can't detect two captures cards I have installed on the build.
I'm shocked the process didn't work again. I'm wondering if it's because it's polaris vs vega
I did make a mistake that I'm not sure matters. I installed the same rpms I did for Vega 56 from the amd 18.50 drivers for centos. I retried with the rx 570 drivers and Davinci Resolve still didn't see the Opencl capable gpu.

I really don't think this matters though, from what I can tell the driver is the same linux driver, even Centos and RHEL appear to have the same gpu drivers. I've noticed it's the same with Nvidia. In fact Nvidia seems to just release one propriety gpu driver that works with all they're cards or at least is supposed to work.

Any info would be appreciated, ultimately I just want to see BMD support open source mesa drivers, that is the new standard for amd on linux.

P

Problem with Centos is that it's outdated quite a lot.
Try a rolling release distribution like Manjaro with Kernel 4.20 and it should run just fine- that's what I've been doing for quite a while.

(manjaro gnome, nonfree-drivers, performance patched mutter and resolve studio via aur)

Hakim Craddock

PostMon Mar 04, 2019 3:55 pm

bumping this thread that's no longer pinned for some reason.

I still have Manjaro on a small SSD waiting for BM team to fix the microphone issue.. que the tumble weeds...

deezid

PostMon Mar 04, 2019 6:26 pm

Hakim Craddock wrote:bumping this thread that's no longer pinned for some reason.

I still have Manjaro on a small SSD waiting for BM team to fix the microphone issue.. que the tumble weeds...

I really wonder wether other audio input devices are affected as well. But honestly there shouldn't be nothing too special about an USB audio device nowadays one would think... :?

Hakim Craddock

PostSun Mar 10, 2019 1:00 pm

deezid wrote:
Hakim Craddock wrote:bumping this thread that's no longer pinned for some reason.

I really wonder wether other audio input devices are affected as well. But honestly there shouldn't be nothing too special about an USB audio device nowadays one would think... :?

You would think. One can't help but wonder if sometimes things like this are done intentionally. :(

anyone know if 15.3 fixes the usb mic issue? Honestly i couldnt get it to work with a 3.5 mm input mic either. I would be willing to buy another non USB mic if i could just get it to work.

blackmennewstyle

PostSun Mar 10, 2019 4:11 pm

Hello,

I managed to install the app without issue on my GNU/linux Debian 9, however i'm getting this error everytime i tried to launch the software:

Code: Select all
[0x7f97efa49ac0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-10 22:59:41,267 | Running DaVinci Resolve v15.3.0.008 (Linux/Clang)
[0x7f97efa49ac0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-10 22:59:41,267 | Updating display GPU information...
OpenCL error -1001: 'Unspecified Error', GPUPropertiesUtilUnix.cpp:338.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'ReactorGPU::GPUException'

Some required information is missing for email crash report, the crash archive will not be updated

==========[CRASH DUMP]==========
Please send this to support:

#TIME Sun Mar 10 22:59:41 2019 - Uptime 00:00:00 (hh:mm:ss)
#PROGRAM_NAME DaVinci Resolve v15.3.0.008 (Linux/Clang)

/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x4689de9]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x468936b]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x110e0) [0x7f97f9dc60e0]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(gsignal+0xcf) [0x7f97f7e43fff]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(abort+0x16a) [0x7f97f7e4542a]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve(_ZN9__gnu_cxx27__verbose_terminate_handlerEv+0x15d) [0x64bd68d]
/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1(+0x22036) [0x7f98165bf036]
/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1(+0x219d7) [0x7f98165be9d7]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x18d57ec]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x18d4fb9]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x18cf78a]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x18a039c]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x189daae]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x189c686]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x189bf58]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x18aef0d]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x1897a04]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf1) [0x7f97f7e312e1]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x189685d]
Signal Number = 6

================================
[0x7f97efa49ac0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-10 22:59:41,281 | Updating display GPU information...
terminate called recursively

Some required information is missing for email crash report, the crash archive will not be updated

/opt/resolve/bin/resolve(_ZN9__gnu_cxx27__verbose_terminate_handlerEv+0xed) [0x64bd61d]
/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1(+0x223a1) [0x7f98165bf3a1]
/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1(+0x228f7) [0x7f98165bf8f7]
/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1(__gxx_personality_v0+0x6c) [0x7f98165bfddc]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1(_Unwind_RaiseException+0x73) [0x7f97f81c2213]
/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1(__cxa_throw+0x66) [0x7f98165be9c6]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x18d0e9d]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x4689967]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve(_ZN9__gnu_cxx27__verbose_terminate_handlerEv+0x15d) [0x64bd68d]
Signal Number = 6

Please, can someone tell me what i am missing....

blackmennewstyle

PostMon Mar 11, 2019 12:55 pm

blackmennewstyle wrote:Hello,

I managed to install the app without issue on my GNU/linux Debian 9, however i'm getting this error everytime i tried to launch the software:

[0x7f97efa49ac0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-10 22:59:41,267 | Running DaVinci Resolve v15.3.0.008 (Linux/Clang)
[0x7f97efa49ac0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-10 22:59:41,267 | Updating display GPU information...

Signal Number = 6

[0x7f97efa49ac0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-10 22:59:41,281 | Updating display GPU information...

/opt/resolve/bin/resolve(_ZN9__gnu_cxx27__verbose_terminate_handlerEv+0xed) [0x64bd61d]
/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1(+0x223a1) [0x7f98165bf3a1]
/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1(+0x228f7) [0x7f98165bf8f7]
/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1(__gxx_personality_v0+0x6c) [0x7f98165bfddc]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1(_Unwind_RaiseException+0x73) [0x7f97f81c2213]
/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1(__cxa_throw+0x66) [0x7f98165be9c6]
Signal Number = 6

Please, can someone tell me what i am missing....

I finally managed to solve my issue :)

I was missing some packages and librairies for my NVIDIA drivers and i had to remove package called: "pocl-opencl-icd"...

Daniel Tufvesson

PostMon Mar 11, 2019 5:09 pm

blackmennewstyle wrote:Please, can someone tell me what i am missing....
Hi Cedric, please tell us about your hardware. What GPU are you using?

It looks like a bad OpenCL config. For NVIDIA make sure you have the nvidia-opencl-icd package installed.
Shoot - BMCC | BMPCC | BMPCC4K | BMVA | GH5
Edit - Resolve Studio 18.1 | Debian Linux 12 | i7-3930K CPU | X79 MB | 32GB RAM | GTX1080 GPU | Speed Editor
Monitor - Decklink SDI, SDI Duo, SDI 4K, Intensity Pro
danieltufvesson.com/makeresolvedeb

kumquwell

PostSun Mar 17, 2019 9:57 am

Hello, currently I am trying to run DR on Manjaro.

I finally managed to get DR starting, but apparently it does not find any OpenCL capable GPU. My system is a laptop with an i7 8705G CPU. So I have an Intel UHD GPU and also an AMD GPU.
I am able to run other programms (some simulation stuff) on the second AMD GPU with DI_PRIME=1. So this should be ok.

However in CLINFO I get only the Intel GPU shown as OpenCL compatible. Even that I installed the amdgpu and also opencl-amd and also ocl-icd.

If I install opencl-mesa clinfo finds the GPU, but shows only OpenCL 1.1 and If I understood it right DR needs at least 1.2

Output from DR-Log:
[0x7f67ce408080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:50,171 | Running DaVinci Resolve v15.3.0.008 (Linux/Clang)
[0x7f67ce408080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:50,175 | Updating display GPU information...
[0x7f67ce408080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:51,515 | Detecting Main Display properties
[0x7f67ce408080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:51,530 | Process to detect main display has finished
[0x7f67ce408080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:51,549 | Fallback process to detect main display has finished
[0x7f67ce408080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:51,549 | Only 1  display GPU found. Using OpenCL for processing.
[0x7f67ce408080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:51,549 | Not GLmap capable. GPUs: 0 discrete, 0 integrated, 0 external. Auto mapping, OpenCL processing, main display not on external GPU.
[0x7f67ce408080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:51,550 | Setting LsManager.3.NumGPUs = 1
[0x7f67ce408080] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:51,550 | RED InitializeSdk with library path at /opt/resolve/libs
[0x7f67ce408080] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:51,641 | R3DAPI 7.1.0-3YM06 (20180720 L64S) R3DSDK 7.1.0-3YM06 (20180720 L64D) RED CUDA 7.1.0-45494 (20180721) RED OPENCL 7.1.0-45494 (20180721) [/opt/resolve/libs/] init is successful
[0x7f67ce408080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:51,642 | 0 RED rocket cards available
There are 1 GPUs in the system.
libDeckLinkAPI.so: Kann die Shared-Object-Datei nicht öffnen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
[0x7f67ce408080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:51,642 | Decklink model name: '', version: ''
[0x7f67ce408080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:51,822 | Installed custom font: Open Sans
[0x7f67ce408080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:51,823 | Installed custom font: Open Sans
[0x7f67ce408080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:51,853 | Finished loading Application style sheet
Local.Speed.Debug switched OFF - ''
[0x7f66b3eed700] | LeManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:51,970 | 521, 38
[0x7f67ce408080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:52,829 | Memory config: reserved=6000M pinned=4000M log=0
[0x7f67ce408080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:52,829 | Using default pooled memory manager
[0x7f67ce408080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:52,830 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 4089
[0x7f67ce408080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:52,830 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 4090
[0x7f67ce408080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:52,830 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 4091
[0x7f67ce408080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:52,830 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 4092
[0x7f67ce408080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:52,830 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 4093
[0x7f67ce408080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:52,831 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 4094
[0x7f67ce408080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:52,831 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 4095
[0x7f67ce408080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:52,831 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 4096
[0x7f67ce408080] | Fusion               | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,054 | Fusion Build: r063752-ed5626a (Feb  7 2019 12:50:29)
[0x7f67ce408080] | SyManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,203 | Total: 20, NumDtThreads: 8, NumComms: 0, NumSites: 1

[0x7f67ce408080] | SyManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,203 | Lookaheads -> playback = 20, record = 20, stop = 2

Sy Data Handler Thread ----- (140078916331264)
SY data handler thread starts: AA0C6700
Sy Low Command Handler Thread ----- (140078924723968)
SY low priority cmd handler thread starts: AA8C7700
Sy High Command Handler Thread ----- (140078933116672)
SY high priority cmd handler thread starts: AB0C8700
Gs High Command Handler Thread ----- (140078891153152)
GS high priority cmd handler thread starts: A88C3700
Gs Low Command Handler Thread ----- (140078882760448)
GS low priority cmd handler thread starts: A80C2700
[0x7f66a90c4700] | SyManager            | ERROR | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,204 | Failed to connect to panel socket
Dp High Command Handler Thread ----- (140078865975040)
DP high priority cmd handler thread starts: A70C0700
[0x7f66a78c1700] | GsManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,204 | Gs Processor Thread ----- (140078874367744)

Dp Low Command Handler Thread ----- (140078857582336)
DP low priority cmd handler thread starts: A68BF700
Dt High Command Handler Thread ----- (140078849189632)
DT high priority cmd handler thhread starts: A60BE700
Dt Low Command Handler Thread ----- (140078840796928)
DT low priority cmd handler thread starts: A58BD700
GS processor thread starts: A78C1700
Local.Speed.Verbose switched OFF - ''
[0x7f66a90c4700] | SyManager            | ERROR | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,204 | DRIVER: open /var/tmp/davinci_socket failed
[0x7f67ce408080] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,204 | Using 8 generic IO threads
[0x7f66a50bc700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,204 | Dt Data Handler Thread Started
DT data handler thread starts: A50BC700
[0x7f67ce408080] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,204 | Total of 16 IO threads (including 8 generic and 8 Red decode threads)
[0x7f66a48bb700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,204 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f66a38b9700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,204 | Dt Worker Thread Started
SY panel handler thread starts: A90C4700
[0x7f66a40ba700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,204 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f66a30b8700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,204 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f66a28b7700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,204 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f66a18b5700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,204 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f66a90c4700] | SyManager            | ERROR | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,204 | Failed to connect to panel socket
Ls High Command Handler Thread ----- (140078681335552)
[0x7f669d0ac700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,205 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Ls Low Command Handler Thread ----- (140078672942848)
LS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 9B8A9700
Ls Data Handler Thread ----- (140078664550144)
[0x7f66a10b4700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,204 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Ls High Command Handler Thread ----- (140078656157440)
Ls Data Handler Thread ----- (140078639372032)
Ls Low Command Handler Thread ----- (140078647764736)
Ls High Command Handler Thread ----- (140078618396416)
LS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 9A0A6700
[0x7f66a00b2700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,204 | Dt Worker Thread Started
LS data handler thread starts: 9B0A8700
LS data handler thread starts: 998A5700
Ls Low Command Handler Thread ----- (140078593226496)
LS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 96CA3700
[0x7f669c8ab700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,205 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Ls Data Handler Thread ----- (140078580639488)
[0x7f669f8b1700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,205 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f66960a2700] | IP                   | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,205 | No GPUMapping parameter found for LsManager 3.
[0x7f669e8af700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,205 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Mem Data Transmitter Thread ----- (140078572246784)
Mem data transmitter thread starts: 958A1700
[0x7f669e0ae700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,205 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f66a20b6700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,204 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f669d8ad700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,205 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f66a08b3700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,205 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f67ce408080] | DbCommon2            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,205 | Loading dblist file: /opt/resolve/configs/.dblist
[0x7f669f0b0700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,205 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f66960a2700] | IP                   | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,205 | Resolve will generate a default mapping.
[0x7f66960a2700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,205 | Let There Be OpenCL Light!
[0x7f66960a2700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,205 | Start detecting OpenCL boards
[0x7f66960a2700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,205 | Skipping unqualified OpenCL platform: Intel(R) OpenCL HD Graphics
[0x7f66960a2700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,205 | 0 OpenCL boards detected
Urgent message: CRITICAL_PREF: DaVinci Resolve could not find any OpenCL capable GPUs. Would you like to review and update your DaVinci Resolve Hardware Configuration? ||Please ensure that appropriate GPU drivers are installed and your DaVinci Resolve hardware is configured appropriately.
[0x7f66960a2700] | GPUManager           | ERROR | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,205 | CRITICAL_PREF: DaVinci Resolve could not find any OpenCL capable GPUs. Would you like to review and update your DaVinci Resolve Hardware Configuration? ||Please ensure that appropriate GPU drivers are installed and your DaVinci Resolve hardware is configured appropriately.
[0x7f66960a2700] | IP                   | ERROR | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,205 | Failed to initialize OpenCL boards
LS data handler thread starts: 960A2700
/opt/resolve/bin/libBlackmagicRawAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/opt/resolve/bin/BlackmagicRawAPI/libBlackmagicRawAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[0x7f67ce408080] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,231 | Using DNxHR library v2.3.8.47r
[0x7f67ce408080] | DVIP                 | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:53,234 | DVIP Version : 2.0.0, Revision = 82430 (Release)

MidiInDummy: This class provides no functionality.

MidiOutDummy: This class provides no functionality.

[0x7f67ce408080] | Fairlight            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:54,514 | 00.00.01.019(000): Running Fairlight (r010511-2d8a4fc)
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.GLContext         | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:54,526 | Creating shared OpenGL context for this thread (2 total).
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.GLContext         | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:54,531 | Initialized OpenGL 3.0 (requested 2.0) on device 'Intel Open Source Technology Center Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 (Kaby Lake GT2) '
All textures are loaded : 1.
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI                   | ERROR | 2019-03-16 20:48:54,702 | Failed to find text 'Apple ProRes' in combo-box
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:54,703 | Failed to find value '0' in combo-box
libScannerAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[0x7f67ce408080] | DbCommon2            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:54,795 | Sm2SysIdEntry is not supported in disk database (xml) mode
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:55,079 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:55,087 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:55,377 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:55,380 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:55,464 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:55,468 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:56,862 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:56,867 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.MenuBar           | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:56,962 | Action Connector is not activated yet, no need to rebind
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI                   | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,009 | Not creating special GL widget for screen 0
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,312 | Action [sessionDolbyVisionAnalyzeAllShots] is not a valid global action
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,313 | Action [sessionDolbyVisionAnalyzeSelectedShots] is not a valid global action
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,313 | Action [sessionDolbyVisionAnalyzeSelectedAndGroup] is not a valid global action
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,313 | Action [sessionDolbyVisionAnalyzeCurrentFrame] is not a valid global action
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,313 | Action [sessionHDR10PlusAnalyzeAllShots] is not a valid global action
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,313 | Action [sessionHDR10PlusAnalyzeSelectedShots] is not a valid global action
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,313 | Action [sessionHDR10PlusAnalyzeSelectedAndGroup] is not a valid global action
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,313 | Action [sessionHDR10PlusAnalyzeCurrentFrame] is not a valid global action
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,402 | Failed to find value '0' in combo-box
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,520 | Plugged In Action [fusion_menu1_triggered(bool)] is owned by [0x7f662cda4580]
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,520 | Plugged In Action [fusion_menu2_triggered()] is owned by [0x7f662cda4580]
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,520 | Plugged In Action [fusion_menu3_triggered()] is owned by [0x7f662cda4580]
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,520 | Plugged In Action [fusion_sub5_menu1_triggered()] is owned by [0x7f662cda4580]
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,520 | Plugged In Action [fusion_menu7_triggered()] is owned by [0x7f662cda4580]
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,520 | Plugged In Action [fusion_menu10_triggered()] is owned by [0x7f662cda4580]
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,521 | Missing ActionDefinition for 'fairlightActions9pinSettings'
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,521 | Missing ActionDefinition for 'fairlightActionsTalkbackSettings'
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,521 | Missing ActionDefinition for 'fairlightActionsIOSettings'
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,521 | Missing ActionDefinition for 'markSetRangeTypeUnion'
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,521 | Missing ActionDefinition for 'markSetRangeTypeIntersecting'
****************** Flushing GPU Buffers
[0x7f67ce408080] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,600 | RED rocket decode has been disabled in the config file
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,672 | Failed to find value '0' in combo-box
[0x7f67ce408080] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-03-16 20:48:57,672 | Failed to find value '0' in combo-box
static QPlatformTheme *QKdeTheme::createKdeTheme(): Unable to determine KDE dirs
[0x7f66b3eed700] | LeManager            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:49:02,480 | 522, 101
[0x7f67ce408080] | DbCommon2            | INFO  | 2019-03-16 20:49:02,647 | Sm2SysIdEntry is not supported in disk database (xml) mode

CLINFO:
Number of platforms                               1
  Platform Name                                   Intel(R) OpenCL HD Graphics
  Platform Vendor                                 Intel(R) Corporation
  Platform Version                                OpenCL 2.1
  Platform Profile                                FULL_PROFILE
  Platform Extensions                             cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_fp16 cl_khr_depth_images cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_icd cl_khr_image2d_from_buffer cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_intel_subgroups cl_intel_required_subgroup_size cl_intel_subgroups_short cl_khr_spir cl_intel_accelerator cl_intel_media_block_io cl_intel_driver_diagnostics cl_intel_device_side_avc_motion_estimation cl_khr_priority_hints cl_khr_throttle_hints cl_khr_create_command_queue cl_khr_fp64 cl_khr_subgroups cl_khr_il_program cl_intel_spirv_device_side_avc_motion_estimation cl_intel_spirv_media_block_io cl_intel_spirv_subgroups cl_khr_mipmap_image cl_khr_mipmap_image_writes cl_intel_planar_yuv cl_intel_packed_yuv cl_intel_motion_estimation cl_intel_advanced_motion_estimation cl_intel_va_api_media_sharing
  Platform Host timer resolution                  1ns
  Platform Extensions function suffix             INTEL

Platform Name                                   Intel(R) OpenCL HD Graphics
Number of devices                                 1
  Device Name                                     Intel(R) Gen9 HD Graphics NEO
  Device Vendor                                   Intel(R) Corporation
  Device Vendor ID                                0x8086
  Device Version                                  OpenCL 2.1 NEO
  Driver Version                                  19.09.12487
  Device OpenCL C Version                         OpenCL C 2.0
  Device Type                                     GPU
  Device Profile                                  FULL_PROFILE
  Device Available                                Yes
  Compiler Available                              Yes
  Linker Available                                Yes
  Max compute units                               23
  Max clock frequency                             1100MHz
  Device Partition                                (core)
    Max number of sub-devices                     0
    Supported partition types                     None
    Supported affinity domains                    (n/a)
  Max work item dimensions                        3
  Max work item sizes                             256x256x256
  Max work group size                             256
  Preferred work group size multiple              32
  Max sub-groups per work group                   32
  Sub-group sizes (Intel)                         8, 16, 32
  Preferred / native vector sizes                 
    char                                                16 / 16     
    short                                                8 / 8       
    int                                                  4 / 4       
    long                                                 1 / 1       
    half                                                 8 / 8        (cl_khr_fp16)
    float                                                1 / 1       
    double                                               1 / 1        (cl_khr_fp64)
  Half-precision Floating-point support           (cl_khr_fp16)
    Denormals                                     Yes
    Infinity and NANs                             Yes
    Round to nearest                              Yes
    Round to zero                                 Yes
    Round to infinity                             Yes
    IEEE754-2008 fused multiply-add               Yes
    Support is emulated in software               No
  Single-precision Floating-point support         (core)
    Correctly-rounded divide and sqrt operations  Yes
  Double-precision Floating-point support         (cl_khr_fp64)
  Address bits                                    64, Little-Endian
  Global memory size                              13244997632 (12.34GiB)
  Error Correction support                        No
  Max memory allocation                           4294959104 (4GiB)
  Unified memory for Host and Device              Yes
  Shared Virtual Memory (SVM) capabilities        (core)
    Coarse-grained buffer sharing                 Yes
    Fine-grained buffer sharing                   No
    Fine-grained system sharing                   No
    Atomics                                       No
  Minimum alignment for any data type             128 bytes
  Alignment of base address                       1024 bits (128 bytes)
  Preferred alignment for atomics                 
    SVM                                           64 bytes
    Global                                        64 bytes
    Local                                         64 bytes
  Max size for global variable                    65536 (64KiB)
  Preferred total size of global vars             4294959104 (4GiB)
  Global Memory cache type                        Read/Write
  Global Memory cache size                        524288 (512KiB)
  Global Memory cache line size                   64 bytes
  Image support                                   Yes
    Max number of samplers per kernel             16
    Max size for 1D images from buffer            268434944 pixels
    Max 1D or 2D image array size                 2048 images
    Base address alignment for 2D image buffers   4 bytes
    Pitch alignment for 2D image buffers          4 pixels
    Max 2D image size                             16384x16384 pixels
    Max planar YUV image size                     16384x16352 pixels
    Max 3D image size                             16384x16384x2048 pixels
    Max number of read image args                 128
    Max number of write image args                128
    Max number of read/write image args           128
  Max number of pipe args                         16
  Max active pipe reservations                    1
  Max pipe packet size                            1024
  Local memory type                               Local
  Local memory size                               65536 (64KiB)
  Max number of constant args                     8
  Max constant buffer size                        4294959104 (4GiB)
  Max size of kernel argument                     1024
  Queue properties (on host)                     
    Out-of-order execution                        Yes
    Profiling                                     Yes
  Queue properties (on device)                   
    Out-of-order execution                        Yes
    Profiling                                     Yes
    Preferred size                                131072 (128KiB)
    Max size                                      67108864 (64MiB)
  Max queues on device                            1
  Max events on device                            1024
  Prefer user sync for interop                    Yes
  Profiling timer resolution                      83ns
  Execution capabilities                         
    Run OpenCL kernels                            Yes
    Run native kernels                            No
    Sub-group independent forward progress        Yes
    IL version                                    SPIR-V_1.0
    SPIR versions                                 1.2
  printf() buffer size                            4194304 (4MiB)
  Built-in kernels                                block_motion_estimate_intel;block_advanced_motion_estimate_check_intel;block_advanced_motion_estimate_bidirectional_check_intel;
  Motion Estimation accelerator version (Intel)   2
    Device-side AVC Motion Estimation version     1
      Supports texture sampler use                Yes
      Supports preemption                         No
  Device Extensions                               cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_fp16 cl_khr_depth_images cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_icd cl_khr_image2d_from_buffer cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_intel_subgroups cl_intel_required_subgroup_size cl_intel_subgroups_short cl_khr_spir cl_intel_accelerator cl_intel_media_block_io cl_intel_driver_diagnostics cl_intel_device_side_avc_motion_estimation cl_khr_priority_hints cl_khr_throttle_hints cl_khr_create_command_queue cl_khr_fp64 cl_khr_subgroups cl_khr_il_program cl_intel_spirv_device_side_avc_motion_estimation cl_intel_spirv_media_block_io cl_intel_spirv_subgroups cl_khr_mipmap_image cl_khr_mipmap_image_writes cl_intel_planar_yuv cl_intel_packed_yuv cl_intel_motion_estimation cl_intel_advanced_motion_estimation cl_intel_va_api_media_sharing

NULL platform behavior
  clGetPlatformInfo(NULL, CL_PLATFORM_NAME, ...)  Intel(R) OpenCL HD Graphics
  clGetDeviceIDs(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL, ...)   Success [INTEL]
  clCreateContext(NULL, ...) [default]            Success [INTEL]
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_DEFAULT)  Success (1)
    Platform Name                                 Intel(R) OpenCL HD Graphics
    Device Name                                   Intel(R) Gen9 HD Graphics NEO
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU)  Success (1)
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ACCELERATOR)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CUSTOM)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL)  Success (1)

ICD loader properties
  ICD loader Name                                 OpenCL ICD Loader
  ICD loader Vendor                               OCL Icd free software
  ICD loader Version                              2.2.12
  ICD loader Profile                              OpenCL 2.2

Hakim Craddock

PostTue Mar 19, 2019 3:54 pm

USB microphone workaround yet?

haralda4z

PostSun Mar 24, 2019 5:55 pm

had now some moth a stable system, now some bumblebee updates from openSUSE,
resolves terminates with this

[0x7fd6f54cb100] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-03-24 18:37:46,308 | Updating display GPU information...
OpenCL error -1001, GPUPropertiesUtilUnix.cpp:338.

since I do not have the source code I can not fix it, very sad, being a C++ dev I would love to see if there could not be something done about that

Seth Goldin

PostThu Mar 28, 2019 6:12 pm

Wondering if any of y'all have issues with 15.3 Studio recognizing the Mini Panel on a vanilla build of upstream CentOS 7.6? Have tried fidgeting around with adding /opt/resolve/bin to the first spot in the $PATH so that they system can access libusb-1.0, have also been fidgeting with udev rules, and now wondering if maybe SELinux is blocking something somewhere. Don't know how to let something through SELinux though. Any ideas?
https://www.sethgoldin.com

Lisan Amado

PostSun Mar 31, 2019 2:12 am

Hi, I've failed to run DaVinci Resolve 15.3 on Ubuntu Studio 18.10.

My PC is a Intel NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK, which includes Intel Iris Pro graphics processor. Might it be because of this GPU that I can't get it to work?

After running "ldd /opt/resolve/bin/resolve" libraries seem to be all ok. Get no "not found" messages.

This is my log file:

[0x7f3c086a6b00] | Main | INFO | 2019-03-30 22:47:53,060 | Running DaVinci Resolve v15.3.0.008 (Linux/Clang)
[0x7f3c086a6b00] | Main | INFO | 2019-03-30 22:47:53,061 | Updating display GPU information...

#TIME Sat Mar 30 22:47:53 2019 - Uptime 00:00:00 (hh:mm:ss)

/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x12dd0) [0x7f3c0e7d6dd0]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(gsignal+0xc7) [0x7f3c0ce10077]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(abort+0x121) [0x7f3c0cdf1535]
/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1(+0x22036) [0x7f3c2a250036]
/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1(+0x219d7) [0x7f3c2a24f9d7]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xeb) [0x7f3c0cdf309b]
Signal Number = 6

[0x7f3c086a6b00] | Main | INFO | 2019-03-30 22:47:53,062 | Updating display GPU information...

#TIME Sat Mar 30 22:47:53 2019 - Uptime 00:00:00 (hh:mm:ss)

/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1(+0x223a1) [0x7f3c2a2503a1]
/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1(+0x228f7) [0x7f3c2a2508f7]
/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1(__gxx_personality_v0+0x6c) [0x7f3c2a250ddc]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1(_Unwind_RaiseException+0x14b) [0x7f3c0cfcc16b]
/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1(__cxa_throw+0x66) [0x7f3c2a24f9c6]
/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libc++abi.so.1(+0x219d7) [0x7f3c2a24f9d7]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xeb) [0x7f3c0cdf309b]
Signal Number = 6

Seth Goldin

PostSun Mar 31, 2019 2:56 pm

Lisan Amado wrote:My PC is a Intel NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK, which includes Intel Iris Pro graphics processor. Might it be because of this GPU that I can't get it to work?

Almost certainly. I tried to run it with the OpenCL developer tools installed on a NUC, but couldn't get it to work. On Linux, Resolve is definitely designed with NVIDIA and CUDA in mind.

Seth Goldin

PostSun Mar 31, 2019 2:57 pm

Seth Goldin wrote:Wondering if any of y'all have issues with 15.3 Studio recognizing the Mini Panel on a vanilla build of upstream CentOS 7.6? Have tried fidgeting around with adding /opt/resolve/bin to the first spot in the $PATH so that they system can access libusb-1.0, have also been fidgeting with udev rules, and now wondering if maybe SELinux is blocking something somewhere. Don't know how to let something through SELinux though. Any ideas?

For other folks who might find this: I think I figured it out. I believe everything went haywire when I tried to run Resolve from several different non-administrator users. It's best to just run it from one administrator user. Mini Panel is working fine now.

Hakim Craddock

PostSun Mar 31, 2019 8:24 pm

So i tried to do an edit with resolve on Ubuntu 18.10 and it crashes as soon as i try to do anything in fusion other than basic text, and playback is not very smooth and i am using prores hq 4k footage. The same machine handles this much better when i use windows 10. I do have gtx1060 6gb , 32gb ram, ryzen 7. I am trying my best to get off the windows but Linux is fighting me every step of the way.

Seth Goldin

PostSun Mar 31, 2019 8:30 pm

Hakim Craddock wrote:So i tried to do an edit with resolve on Ubuntu 18.10 and it crashes as soon as i try to do anything in fusion other than basic text, and playback is not very smooth and i am using prores hq 4k footage. The same machine handles this much better when i use windows 10. I do have gtx1060 6gb , 32gb ram, ryzen 7. I am trying my best to get off the windows but Linux is fighting me every step of the way.

Hakim, the Linux build is designed for RHEL or CentOS on an Intel CPU. When you deviate from that, you're really on your own, trailblazing.

deezid

PostSun Mar 31, 2019 8:47 pm

Seth Goldin wrote:
Hakim Craddock wrote:So i tried to do an edit with resolve on Ubuntu 18.10 and it crashes as soon as i try to do anything in fusion other than basic text, and playback is not very smooth and i am using prores hq 4k footage. The same machine handles this much better when i use windows 10. I do have gtx1060 6gb , 32gb ram, ryzen 7. I am trying my best to get off the windows but Linux is fighting me every step of the way.

Hakim, the Linux build is designed for RHEL or CentOS on an Intel CPU. When you deviate from that, you're really on your own, trailblazing.

Only Debian based distributions are problematic atm. Works fine on my Manjaro installation.
But there's a fix for Ubuntu and others:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=79680#p457528

prokopcampos

PostMon Apr 01, 2019 12:54 am

Can I even use Resolve if I don't have a NVIDIA video card?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Apr 01, 2019 1:53 am

prokopcampos wrote:Can I even use Resolve if I don't have a NVIDIA video card?

You need a modern GPU.
Does not have to be NVIDIA for Linux but most users go that way.
Make sure you have the correct driver for that card.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Hakim Craddock

PostMon Apr 01, 2019 1:57 am

Ok i will give manjaro a try again. I only switched because it seemed Ubuntu has the most support. i never tried a full Edit on Manjaro. I did attempt a Full edit on Ubuntu with no luck.

Seth Goldin

PostMon Apr 01, 2019 1:59 am

Hakim Craddock wrote:Ok i will give manjaro a try again. I only switched because it seemed Ubuntu has the most support. i never tried a full Edit on Manjaro. I did attempt a Full edit on Ubuntu with no luck.

BMD literally designs the build for CentOS. Why do you say that Ubuntu has the most support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deezid

PostMon Apr 01, 2019 8:30 pm

Hakim Craddock wrote:Ok i will give manjaro a try again. I only switched because it seemed Ubuntu has the most support. i never tried a full Edit on Manjaro. I did attempt a Full edit on Ubuntu with no luck.

Editing a whole feature on Manjaro Gnome, using lots of Fusion sequences as well. Works just fine and really speedy (with mutter performance patches).

Brad Hurley

PostMon Apr 01, 2019 9:46 pm

deezid wrote:Editing a whole feature on Manjaro Gnome, using lots of Fusion sequences as well. Works just fine and really speedy (with mutter performance patches).

Could you let us know what you're running it on (system specs)?
Resolve 18 Studio, Mac Pro 3.0 GHz 8-core, 32 gigs RAM, dual AMD D700 GPU.
Audio I/O: Sound Devices USBPre-2

deezid

PostMon Apr 01, 2019 10:32 pm

Brad Hurley wrote:
deezid wrote:Editing a whole feature on Manjaro Gnome, using lots of Fusion sequences as well. Works just fine and really speedy (with mutter performance patches).

Could you let us know what you're running it on (system specs)?

Using a Intel Core i7 8700K overclocked to 5GHz
64GB DDR4
NVIDIA 1080Ti
1TB Samsung EVO 970 NVMe
Manjaro Gnome
+ Mutter performance patches (important for NVIDIA card users)

Hakim Craddock

PostMon Apr 01, 2019 11:26 pm

Seth Goldin wrote:

BMD literally designs the build for CentOS. Why do you say that Ubuntu has the most support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ubuntu does have the most support as an OS.. Not talking about BMD making the poor decision to build the Linux Version of Resolve around CentOS. But Using Ubuntu as a daily driver seems IMO to be the easiest way to go except for using Resolve.

Noel Sterrett

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 12:38 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Make sure you have the correct driver for that card.

I'm working with a MacBook Air with Intel HD Graphics 6000. Resolve Studio 15.3 runs fine with OSX Sierra, but on Ubuntu 18.04 with the latest Intel OpenCL drivers https://github.com/intel/compute-runtime/releases loading stops with:

"Skipping unqualified OpenCL platform: Intel(R) OpenCL HD Graphics"

Any suggestions?

Cheers.
Admit One Pictures
Resolve Studio 18 | Linux Lint 21 | Nvidia 515 | Xeon | iCore | Ryzen

Sulo Kokki

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 11:14 am

Noel Sterrett wrote:"Skipping unqualified OpenCL platform: Intel(R) OpenCL HD Graphics"

Any suggestions?

Here's one: Tell BMD to add integrated graphics support for the Linux version.
Linux Mint 19.3 | DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.1 | 2700x 32gb Radeon VII | macOS Mojave

deezid

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 1:28 pm

Sulo Kokki wrote:
Noel Sterrett wrote:"Skipping unqualified OpenCL platform: Intel(R) OpenCL HD Graphics"

Any suggestions?

Here's one: Tell BMD to add integrated graphics support for the Linux version.

That would probably explain why there isn't any support for Quicksync encoding either lol

Noel Sterrett

PostWed Apr 03, 2019 8:01 pm

Hakim Craddock wrote:Ubuntu does have the most support as an OS.. Not talking about BMD making the poor decision to build the Linux Version of Resolve around CentOS. But Using Ubuntu as a daily driver seems IMO to be the easiest way to go except for using Resolve.

Agree, but I wouldn't "except" Resolve. I'm using Resolve on three up-to-date Ubuntu 18.04 workstations with NVIDIA 418.56 drivers (very fast) and they all work quite well. Building a new Ubuntu system with NVIDIA and other drivers is a breeze compared to CentOS.

BMD seems to have fixed a few of the initial Ubuntu installation problems. They have a .deb install for Desktop Video now, and I suspect at some point (maybe even NAB) there will be a .deb for Resolve. Fingers crossed.

Cheers.
Admit One Pictures
Resolve Studio 18 | Linux Lint 21 | Nvidia 515 | Xeon | iCore | Ryzen

Fernando Martins

PostSat Apr 06, 2019 9:51 pm

Hi!

I'm also having crash "Davinci Resolve quit unexpectedly" on load this program.

My system configuration is:
Dual Xeon E6510
20GB Ram
Vídeo Geforce GTX-1060 Gigabyte
Storage 1: HD Sata 500 GB
Storage 2: HD Sata 1 TB
Storage 3: HD Sata 1 TB
Linux version 4.15.0-47-generic (buildd@lgw01-amd64-001) (gcc version 7.3.0 (Ubuntu 7.3.0-16ubuntu3))

Here the log created:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
#TIME Sat Apr 6 18:28:18 2019 - Uptime 00:00:19 (hh:mm:ss)
#PROGRAM_NAME DaVinci Resolve v15.3.1.003 (Linux/Clang)

/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x468b239]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x468a7bb]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x12890) [0x7efce25f5890]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN24UiMonitoringGraphicsView28UpdateAllScrollAreasGeometryEv+0x40) [0x7efc770564c0]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN24UiMonitoringGraphicsView11LayoutItemsEbi+0x10e) [0x7efc77054b8e]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN30UiMonitoringMeterBusSubscriber16BuildDisplayListEi+0x7f) [0x7efc77056fbf]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN31UiMonitoringMeterSubscriberBase21HandleBusFormatChangeEN2FL9ModuleIdsEiNS0_12ParameterIdsEiNS0_15TargetModifiersE+0x72) [0x7efc770604c2]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN31UiMonitoringMeterSubscriberBase21HandleIntParamChangedEN2FL9ModuleIdsEiNS0_12ParameterIdsEiNS0_15TargetModifiersE+0xf4) [0x7efc77060404]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN30UiMonitoringMeterBusSubscriber21HandleIntParamChangedEN2FL9ModuleIdsEiNS0_12ParameterIdsEiNS0_15TargetModifiersE+0x2a) [0x7efc7705763a]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN31UiMonitoringMeterSubscriberBase24StudioModelIntParChangedEN2FL9ModuleIdsEiNS0_12ParameterIdsEiNS0_15TargetModifiersE+0x14) [0x7efc77060144]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN26AsyncStudioModelSubscriber20OnAsyncIntSubscriberEN2FL9ModuleIdsEiNS0_12ParameterIdsEiNS0_15TargetModifiersE+0x18) [0x7efc7725e528]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(+0xaa53f8) [0x7efc772da3f8]
/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Core.so.5(_ZN11QMetaObject8activateEP7QObjectiiPPv+0xa7f) [0x7efcfd1c708f]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN26AsyncStudioModelSubscriber18AsyncIntSubscriberEN2FL9ModuleIdsEiNS0_12ParameterIdsEiNS0_15TargetModifiersE+0x76) [0x7efc772da4f6]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZThn16_N26AsyncStudioModelSubscriber13IntSubscriberEN2FL9ModuleIdsEiNS0_12ParameterIdsEiNS0_15TargetModifiersE+0x30) [0x7efc7725e360]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN11StudioModel21DirectSetIntParameterEN2FL9ModuleIdsEiNS0_12ParameterIdsEiNS0_15TargetModifiersEbPKNS0_21StudioModelSubscriberEPNS_13ParameterInfoE+0xa2b) [0x7efc77248ffb]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN11StudioModel15SetIntParameterEN2FL9ModuleIdsEiNS0_12ParameterIdsEiNS0_15TargetModifiersEPKNS0_21StudioModelSubscriberE+0x429) [0x7efc77248049]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN11StudioModel26ResetStudioModelParametersERNS_15StudioModelDataEi+0x1fa) [0x7efc772586ca]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN11StudioModel26ResetStudioModelParametersEN2FL9ModuleIdsEib+0x590) [0x7efc77255e40]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN11StudioModel11DeserializeERK10QByteArray+0x13b) [0x7efc7725566b]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN14UiFLActUpdates14UpdateTimelineERKNSt3__16vectorIP11FLEdlUpdateNS0_9allocatorIS3_EEEE+0x5009) [0x7efc76f33b19]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN20FLTimelineController14UpdateTimelineERKNSt3__16vectorIP11FLEdlUpdateNS0_9allocatorIS3_EEEE+0x16) [0x7efc770bc306]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN22FLGlobalWidgetsHandler14UpdateTimelineERKNSt3__16vectorIP11FLEdlUpdateNS0_9allocatorIS3_EEEE+0x76) [0x7efc7715ed96]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN14FLInterfaceImp14UpdateTimelineERKNSt3__16vectorIP11FLEdlUpdateNS0_9allocatorIS3_EEEE+0x16) [0x7efc77093176]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x3f6ec25]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x3f6ed87]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x3f70809]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x1ea9341]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x1ea8fbe]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x1ea1ad4]
/opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libQt5Core.so.5(_ZN11QMetaObject8activateEP7QObjectiiPPv+0xa7f) [0x7efcfd1c708f]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve(_ZN23UiProjectManagerService21CurrentProjectChangedEP10SM_Project+0x30) [0x274a4d0]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x1ea181b]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x1ea1727]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x1ea5739]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve(_ZN19UiMainWindowService12UserLoggedInEb+0x2d) [0x23623bd]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x1b00602]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x1afff0c]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x18c2403]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x18c0452]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x1897d3f]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xe7) [0x7efce060bb97]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x1896b8d]
Signal Number = 4

Please, can anyone help me?
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve