Fusion/Studio 16 - How to smooth bumps in tracking?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Gerry Senechal

Fusion/Studio 16 - How to smooth bumps in tracking?

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Hey all - I've got a bump in an otherwise pretty smooth track in Fusion within Studio 16. I can see in the Spline editor exactly where the bump is; surely there's got to be a way to smooth it! I see options to smooth but that seems to only apply to the tracking between the points themselves. I would be very grateful for some help!

Thanks,

G

Gerry Senechal

Re: Fusion/Studio 16 - How to smooth bumps in tracking?

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 10:41 pm

Here's the video in question. Several bumps that I'd really like to smooth out!!

Thanks all!

Igor Riđanović

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 10:45 pm

Sometimes you can just delete the offending keyframes in the spline editor and the interpolated motion will track close enough.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

Gerry Senechal

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 11:40 pm

Great idea - can't wait to try that! Thank you.

Hakim Craddock

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 11:51 pm

if you click one of the key frame points in the fusion viewer (tracker node highlighted) a menu will show at the top of the viewer window with tools that will allow you to edit the tracking path manually to your liking. Its Freaking awesome!

Gerry Senechal

PostSat Apr 13, 2019 12:01 am

Again, great!! Will definitely give it a shot.

damago1

PostThu Jan 14, 2021 12:56 pm

For me there are simply bugs in tracker in Fusion. There is a comparison with tracker in Color page which is working like a charm.

The tracker in Fusion behaves very irrationally most of the time.

It has tendency to jump from frame to frame to a point which is DEFINITELY outside it's search region, and it can come back after few frames like nothing happened.

It is very shaky. Look at this example: it looks like every second frame it is tracing some different image. It starts at some moment and later vanishes.

fusion tracker 01.png
fusion tracker 01.png (758.52 KiB) Viewed 3221 times

As you see the tracker has to track 3 huge black buttons on white background. And still every second frame is pointing at the trees behind. And as you see on the right there are also triangles where there is one correct frame followed by 2 frames completely off and coming back. For me it is a bug.

This affects both the planar tracker and a "tracker". I have NEVER achieved real success with tracker in Fusion. On the other hand the tracker in "Color" works fine almost every time.

Return to DaVinci Resolve