UI usage problems when 2nd screen is on LEFT

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

steve oakley

UI usage problems when 2nd screen is on LEFT

PostTue Apr 16, 2019 6:53 am

This isn't specific to R16, but lets get this fixed please !

Running dual 4K screens with Main screen on LEFT, secondary on RIGHT. This is probably backwards from what was designed, but hacked to work.

Here is the problem - insanely long 6000-7500 pixel drags to bring say a transition or video filter from the FX panel to the TL with a clip on the left side of the screen. Look at the screen shots of a simple test project I'm working on. Put them up on your 4K screens with TL on left, bins and whatever on right and see how it works.... or better yet set up your screens that way. really painful.

the quick fix would be to simply mirror flip the layout of the secondary screen so that specifically the FX panel was now on the left side of the RIGHt SCREEN, nice and close to the TL. Ditto the inspector panel.

Also note another longstanding UI bug - despite 8K pixels wide, the FX panel is is so narrow you cut off names and can't make it wider. this _really_ needs to be fixed. if you can't make it user adjustable - the entire vertical column width, then at least add another 200-400 pixels to get another dozen chars on the screen. this would help avoid cutting things off. I'm ok with the font size, in fact I'd say don't make it smaller, make the column wider so it fits correctly.

It would also be really nice to have the audio panel use its space better. I don't have more than 6-8 tracks most day and would love to use that space better.

S
Attachments
Right.jpg
Right.jpg (918.12 KiB) Viewed 727 times
LEFT.jpg
LEFT.jpg (670.14 KiB) Viewed 727 times
S
mac Studio Ultra 128gb OS 13.5+
TB3 ext 1TB SSD Cache, 1TB SSD Sys
4K 27Dell
Presonus Quantum 2626 TB3 Word clocked 96K
MiniPanel via enet
Behinger Xtouch USB via USB3 Hub->PCIe USB3X4 card
Wacom XL Pro

Trensharo

Re: UI usage problems when 2nd screen is on LEFT

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 6:00 pm

Others have bought this up. Still hasn't been addressed.

steve oakley

Re: UI usage problems when 2nd screen is on LEFT

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 6:17 pm

Trensharo wrote:Others have bought this up. Still hasn't been addressed.

well it tends to be if enough people make enough noise, it gets fixed. all feel free to voice your need to see this fixed, please !

its likely a very trivial fix to flip the layout which makes it a but more maddening.
S
mac Studio Ultra 128gb OS 13.5+
TB3 ext 1TB SSD Cache, 1TB SSD Sys
4K 27Dell
Presonus Quantum 2626 TB3 Word clocked 96K
MiniPanel via enet
Behinger Xtouch USB via USB3 Hub->PCIe USB3X4 card
Wacom XL Pro

Return to DaVinci Resolve