GPU Memory Full - will it be addressed in future updates?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

JesseDubberke

GPU Memory Full - will it be addressed in future updates?

PostMon Apr 15, 2019 4:45 pm

So, we recently bought Davinci Resolve Studio - I have the last version of 15 installed and everything is working well - although I get a lot of slowdowns when having Fusion clips as part of the timeline (this isn't my issue but leads to my main issue).

I backed up my database for 15 and upgraded to 16 (I was soooo excited to try the new features and hoped for some optimization in the codebase to allow the program to be more efficient with resources).

I did a lot of research on selecting the right settings and using optimized media and caching where I can.

My main issue walking into version 16 public beta was: 'GPU Memory Full' right off the hop. On the same project in 15.3.1.003 I was not getting this error. I am running with a 1050 ti w/ MQ 4 Gb GDDR + 16 Gb of RAM (Dell 9570).

This is on a very small 4K timeline (2 minutes max) with minimal node adjustments and a couple of Fusion clips for lower 3rd titles and some onscreen text elements at the end.

My main question: Will this issue be looked into? I see many posts all over the net about this occurring for others. I am just curious if there is maybe a more efficient way to cycle or purge the video memory when old cached elements aren't needed. Could there be a memory leak in the built-in 'Noise Reduction' code - as I heard that is a sure way to hit this 'GPU memory full' error. I saw some people saying that minimum spec for 4k timelines is something around 11-12 Gb GDDR? Is this true?

I really love so many elements of what Davinci Resolve does that I try to overlook these - but I believe this is a serious flaw and many users will hit a wall early without addressing with a setting to limit the video memory to whatever the users base cards support and having the software scale appropriately around that - even if the performance isn't what a top top spec machine would yield.

Please feel free to move this to the appropriate place on the forum - if I posted to the wrong section, my apologies.

Thank you so much,
Jesse

Steve Alexander

Re: GPU Memory Full - will it be addressed in future updates

PostTue Apr 16, 2019 5:35 pm

I'd like an answer to this as well... it would be great if Resolve could handle this gracefully and scale without failing (just slows things down but is able to continue).
Time Traveller
Resolve Studio 18.6.6 | Fusion Studio 18.6.6 | Win 11 Pro (22H2) | i9-7940x, P4000 (536.96, 8GB VRAM), 64GB RAM, M.2 boot, SSD scratch, RAID10 data | (laptop) 16" MacBook Pro M1 MAX, 32 GPU cores, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4

d3zd3z

PostTue Apr 16, 2019 5:59 pm

I just upgraded the GPU in my main machine (Linux, RTX 2080 with 8GB video RAM). With this version, I haven't had any issues with GPU memory full errors, and 4k clips work great.

However, this kind of means that my laptop isn't really useful for trying to work on. I think it would be great if Resolve had some way to gracefully degrade when there isn't enough video RAM, rather than just failing with an error.
MacOS/Linux, Divinci Resolve 16, Fusion 16.

Trensharo

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 6:03 pm

I've had it pop up multiple times with just one 1080p clip being used, and only 600MB VRAM being used.

It's a bug. It pops up arbitrarily. I've run it with a process monitor on other screen, and there was never a legit reason for this error (that I've never experienced before, on real projects) to pop up on my machine.

Also had an issue where my GTX was being used with OpenCL, and the entire application crashes off I tried to change to CUDA. 100% reproducible. Reinstalling does not fix that. It's not a driver issue.

May or may not be related.

Edit: Autocorrect is a &^$(%...
Last edited by Trensharo on Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Duke Sweden

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 8:39 pm

All of the little bugs I first encountered seem to have worked themselves out, except for the GPU Full error, which happens so much it really is annoying. I've seen it before on other betas so I fully expect it to be addressed in forthcoming updates.

I have one other bug but I'll make a separate thread for that.

Hakim Craddock

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 11:48 pm

seeing this Bug as well GTX1060 6gb. Randomly pops up.

Gene Cornelius

PostFri Apr 19, 2019 8:34 pm

Here too. This is with Windows 7, since I was informed it is not supported, I have not asked for community support since, but my wife has the free version recently installed and doing a very simple operation on her Windows 10 laptop, she got GPU Memory Full message. Have not tried to suss that out, but of note, on my machine with Studio 16 Beta, I have used it for two days with no issues, but loading up a project today (the same I rendered successfully from last night), cannot work.

The project consists of a timeline with 5 individual clips in it. The media pool has 51 clips. I render clips individually for stock media, so it is not a complicated timeline, although some of the individual clips (non transcoded GH5 h.264 10bit 4K).

The error message pops up when I try to play, click, or scrub on empty portions of the timeline, and does so even with master FX bypassed.

Nothing else has changed with the computer. This was from a fresh boot, and then a reboot.

I started a new project, and imported a clip from the same folder. It allowed play briefly (but no video showed) and then, the GPU full error popped up. (but I think the multiple projects stayed open). Tried ProRes render from last night, same result.

Fully shut down Resolve, started it up again, this time with a new project, importing a ProRes render from last night, and it worked. Tried again with new project and a GH5 clip, and that worked too. SO! In a fit of optimism I opened my project from last night .... aaaaand ... it's working now, including moderately complicated node trees of about 8 nodes, OFX, keys, and Neat4Video.

Not sure what to say, but it's definitely "funny". Understood what "Beta" means.

Thank you.

psychfilms

PostFri Apr 19, 2019 8:48 pm

I got this error also but solved it by updating my NVIDIA driver. Then no more MEMORY FULL. If you read the release notes it states that you need to update your NVIDIA driver. No need to wait for a BMD update.

Stivan Widick

PostFri Apr 19, 2019 9:44 pm

I updated my video drivers to get the beta to run, but I'm getting the GPU Memory Full error constantly, and a lot of crashes.

2 x nVidia TITAN X GPUs, 2 x 10-core Xeons, 128GB RAM, Windows 10 1809

Stivan Widick

PostFri Apr 19, 2019 9:51 pm

Constant crashing now, every time I select a clip.

Jed Mitchell

PostSat Apr 20, 2019 12:28 am

So this is weird but I've been doing a ton of testing on GPU combos recently -- basically trying to find the limits where VRAM will break Resolve in different scenarios.

I've been benchmarking everything in 15 but I tried 16 yesterday for the hell of it and the memory errors are being handled much *better* than they were in 15. I'm able to push 4K TNR tests about 30% further, and the errors don't necessitate a full restart of Resolve to alleviate, after errors I can keep working until I disable whatever was causing the problem. It's way more graceful than it was in 15.

These are with relatively high end cards -- the worst card I'm testing with is the 1080 Ti, but it's interesting none the less. Also interesting, multi-GPU setups break harder and sooner than single GPUs. The 'Use Optimized Image Transfer" option improves things a bit though.

Clearly something has changed if others are getting worse performance while I'm seeing big improvements.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
"It's amazing what you can do when you don't know you can't do it."

Systems:
R16.2.3 | Win10 | i9 7940X | 128GB RAM | 1x RTX Titan | 960Pro cache disk
R16.2.3 | Win10 | i9 7940X | 128GB RAM | 1x 2080 Ti | 660p cache disk

Gene Cornelius

PostSat Apr 20, 2019 12:58 am

Stepped away from the machine for a while to do other things, came back, booted up, and Resolve 16 running fine. I have a policy of "Don't fix it if it ain't broken" so with regard to updating drivers ESPECIALLY when someone else reports a no-go after doing so.

We'll see what happens. I am generally happy if things work kind of how they are supposed to most of the time.

Gene Cornelius

PostSun Apr 21, 2019 12:38 am

Not behaving well today. Was fine earlier today, but a few hours later, upon reboot (several) not so good.

Might have to try that GPU update thing.

Gene Cornelius

PostSun Apr 21, 2019 1:17 am

NVidia driver update complete ... machine rebooted.

Results?

No go. Resolve 16 not functioning. "GPU Memory Full"

Phooey!

Other apps work fine. Um, I don't think it's the computer.

HaveBlue

PostSun Apr 21, 2019 3:36 am

8gb vram and 16gb ram minimum for 4k. You can do some things with less. You can do some workarounds for some stuff. That hardware requirement is not going away.

Also you can still update to Windows 10 from 7 for free with the media creation tool. Your 7 license should be valid.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
W10Pro, Resolve Studio, Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB RAM, SSD and platter drives, GTX 1070 8GB, LG 10bit 4K 32" monitor with two 20" HD monitors

Gene Cornelius

PostSun Apr 21, 2019 8:19 am

Have 11GB VRAM, 32GB system RAM. Been doing 4K for years with Vegas, AE, Resolve.
Not super quick, but works fine.

I simply do not WANT Win 10. I like Win7 for what it is doing, and so far, it works.
So many other people with better specs than mine and also Win 10 complain of the same issue.

Worked pretty decent tonight, btw. This is the only thing I use this computer for lately .. I shut it off between clip editing/rendering sessions.

quote="HaveBlue"]8gb vram and 16gb ram minimum for 4k. You can do some things with less. You can do some workarounds for some stuff. That hardware requirement is not going away.

Also you can still update to Windows 10 from 7 for free with the media creation tool. Your 7 license should be valid.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Joshua Morin

PostSun Apr 21, 2019 12:28 pm

I am getting this error constantly using Fusion running v16 where I never had it before in v15. I hope this bug will be fixed soon.
Resolve 18.1.4 Build 9
Apple M1 Max, 32.0 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070M, 8Gb
MacOs Monterey

jakin1950

PostSun Apr 21, 2019 3:42 pm

i have the same "memory full" message with Nvidia 1060 GTX ( 6 gigas )

jakin1950

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 7:28 am

( google tranlate )

I activated the intel integrated graphics card
Not easy:
momentarily plug a monitor on the motherboard of the PC, with disconnecting the one connected to the nvidia card
So , I can find the option in the bios to activate the intel integrated card
I then made the last update of the driver of this card and did not have any more message "memory full"
It is possible that when you activate "use the built-chipset " and it is not enabled, it increases problems

ianbutty

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 9:17 am

I too am seeing this problem with 16b1 - Only 2Gb of GPU memory but it's not happening on the latest version of 15.
---------------------
Ian M Butterfield
Photographer
My videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdbQ5bUBJw4YhcIemAn3VFg
www.ians-studio.co.uk

cylstudio

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 3:03 pm

With the new 16 Beta, also got GPU memory full error, GTX970 4GB Ram, Windows 10. Was absolutely fine with version 15. Please fix....

GlacierShark

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 7:40 pm

Windows 10
GTX 1070 - 8 gigs of RAM
Resolve Studio 16

This was my fix.
Update the NIVIDA drivers on the GTX1070 - restart.
Open Resolve, Preferences - Memory and GPU
GPU processing mode - CUDA
GPU selection mode - Manual
Uncheck - use GPU Scopes
Restart Resolve

I can finally playback! AND edit! Oh happy day.

dlt123me

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 11:56 pm

I have a Nvidia Quadro 4000 with 2GB GPU memory card, 32 GB Ram memory. I7 CPU. I decided to upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win10 Pro 64bit. Running R16 Studio I get the same error, "GPU Memory Full", but R16 is running better than R15 did with these same parameters.

I am waiting for a used Asus Strix 1080 ti with 11GB GPU I bought from eBay and hopefully, this will help with some of these editing issues.

Remember ppl, this is just a Beta version and BM will have it all worked out eventually.
Dennis
What you believe, does not change reality.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Apr 24, 2019 1:26 am

Resolve 14/15/16 don't work with a Quadro 4000 card, at least, not in CUDA mode. If you are running it in OpenCL mode, there can be issues...
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

dlt123me

PostWed Apr 24, 2019 6:39 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Resolve 14/15/16 don't work with a Quadro 4000 card, at least, not in CUDA mode. If you are running it in OpenCL mode, there can be issues...

Yes, I was told that recently, but R15 seemed to run OK on Win7. I decided to update yesterday to Win10... You're right, although my Quadro seemed to run fine OK on R15, but R16 doesn't seem to like the card. I get the error that mentions that it can't find Cuda and I have to run it in OpenCL mode...

I just bought the Asus Strix 1080 Ti card, and can't wait to get it up and running. I hope it has no problems with this card. I saw that others were using the Nvidia 1080 cards, so I suspect the 1080 Ti card with 11 Gb of GPU ram should work fine.

I do like R16, especially the Cut feature.
What you believe, does not change reality.

Steve Alexander

PostWed Apr 24, 2019 12:18 pm

dlt123me wrote:Remember ppl, this is just a Beta version and BM will have it all worked out eventually.

I'm not convinced that BMD is listening to those of us asking for a more graceful scaling to lower GPU memory sizes. Even with my 8 GB P4000 I run out of GPU memory on a regular basis (1080p timeline). My M1000M 2 GB laptop hasn't a hope.

I understand that there are technical limitations, however, reduced playback speed would be preferred to an all out crash.
Time Traveller
Resolve Studio 18.6.6 | Fusion Studio 18.6.6 | Win 11 Pro (22H2) | i9-7940x, P4000 (536.96, 8GB VRAM), 64GB RAM, M.2 boot, SSD scratch, RAID10 data | (laptop) 16" MacBook Pro M1 MAX, 32 GPU cores, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4

ohimbz

PostWed Apr 24, 2019 12:29 pm

This might help people .. DR16 on auto seems to be choosing OpenCL instead of CUDA on Nvidia cards.

Manually setting to CUDA solves the issues. I never had memory issues since i had it set on CUDA manually since DR15.

Ryzen 5800X
G.Skill 32GB 3600 CL14
RX 6800XT 16GB
Resolve Studio 18.5
Windows 11

Steve Alexander

PostWed Apr 24, 2019 3:21 pm

I always have mine set to manual / CUDA. Doesn't help. 8GB of VRAM on the P4000 and not doing all that much with the Fusion page - GPU Memory Full happens frequently.
Time Traveller

groothuisb

PostWed Apr 24, 2019 6:03 pm

Hi Resolve users,

I had the same problems and I downgrade to Resolve 15.
Not easy because I just installed an SSD drive. I need to recover the old database. That's is successful finished.
And now I have 15 back and working. I wait for a solution in Resolve 16.

Regards Bert from the Netherlands.

Duke Sweden

PostWed Apr 24, 2019 10:36 pm

Steve Alexander wrote:I always have mine set to manual / CUDA. Doesn't help. 8GB of VRAM on the P4000 and not doing all that much with the Fusion page - GPU Memory Full happens frequently.

Same here. V.15.3.1 and all previous v.15's ran fine and all I have is a GeForce 1050ti GPU. But I remember all previous betas started out with the Memory Full error. I think it's a false error because it continues to function properly, it's just a pain because it takes the focus away from what you're doing so that you have to click "OK" before you can get back to work, and it happens way too often.

I'm pretty sure this will be one of the things fixed in the next beta since so many people are experiencing it.

Phillip Rafter

PostThu Apr 25, 2019 2:26 am

Hi all,

For those in the editing phase of a project and receiving studdering playback or memory full, use the cut page instead. I monitored GPU memory with MSI Afterburner and the edit page was maxing out my 6gb of vram, while the cut page was only using 2gb. Food for thought until things are better optimized.

Octave Zangs

PostThu Apr 25, 2019 8:03 pm

Hi guys,

I just updated to DR 16 (Beta 1). And now I can't export timelines I was exporting in DR 15 without getting random "The GPU failed to perform image processing because of an error. Error Code: 0". The render doesn't stop but usually one frame will have glitch, which is so annoying I wish it would re-render the faulty clip, instead of having to backtrace which one has failed.

Here is my setup:

- Windows 10 (latest version)
- 2 x NVIDIA Titan X 12GB (Latest NVIDIA drivers as of today)
- 64GB DDR4 RAM

The timeline I'm rendering is part r3d 6k/8k and 5K CinemaDNG. I'm round-tripping to Premiere so I'm exporting at source resolution, which means 8k export for some files.

The only workaround I found is to drop the render speed to 2 frames per second... Even though when I put at Maximum speed it will be close to 14 fps with 5-10 failed clips on a 200 clips timeline. So it's a shame that for a few failed clips I have to drop the render speed to 2 fps... And I was able to get ~10 fps with DR 15 and no failed clips.

Any help is welcome! I could not find any info regarding "Error Code: 0". I also tried both CUDA and OpenCL mode with same results, OpenCL just being slower.

Thank you.

GeorgeDrake

PostSat Apr 27, 2019 2:59 pm

Just got this error for the first time with a RTX Titan in CUDA mode. :shock:
Windows 11 | Resolve 18.0.3 | RTX 4090 24GB | 128 gigs DDR5-5200 | i9-12900K
Mac OS Monterey | M1 MAX | 64GB Ram |

HaveBlue

PostMon Apr 29, 2019 3:08 am

Resolve crashes so much I can't do anything with a real project. I can't get a h265 render out. It will crash when switching between tabs. It locks up on the Audio page and the settings don't do the simplest of tasks. Playback stutters all the time. I'll have to go back to v15 and wait it out.

Oh and the UI Font scaling is so tiny I still can't read it.
W10Pro, Resolve Studio, Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB RAM, SSD and platter drives, GTX 1070 8GB, LG 10bit 4K 32" monitor with two 20" HD monitors

Uli Plank

PostMon Apr 29, 2019 7:45 am

Strange. Seems to be far less stable on PC.
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Jean Claude

PostMon Apr 29, 2019 8:01 am

Hello,

A quick reminder for the drivers and NVidia:

It is recommended to install NVIDIA CREATOR 419.67 only if you have PASCAL, VOLTA or TURIN.

If MAXWELL or before: the best is to stay with the version GEFORCE GAME READY 417.35 => to test
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

HaveBlue

PostMon Apr 29, 2019 6:12 pm

Thanks, I'm on the correct creator's drivers. I'll just wait it out until stability improves in the beta. I kept backups of v15 projects.
I don't have my Mac available to test out the beta there but a friend just did essentially the same project I was working on with his iMac and beta worked fine. Mostly underwater footage which requires lots of grading and work so it's bound to push the software.

Christopher Kou

PostMon Apr 29, 2019 8:36 pm

Same issue with the GTX 1070. I can still run DR16, but the "GPU Memory Full" message pops up once in a while. I wonder if that also has to do with the freezing up I have been experiencing when rendering 4K UHD.

HaveBlue

PostMon Apr 29, 2019 9:04 pm

Likely yes a memory leak somewhere or bad garbage collection in the heap. It will crash before it has a chance to complain that it's out of RAM. Probably tough to trace and track memory inside the GPU when everything is done through driver API calls. Now they are using the GPU for more tasks and threads than v15. That's got to be a new wrench in the software.

jakin1950

PostWed May 01, 2019 11:29 am

activating intel graphic at the same time that Nvidia runs well on one of my computers ( nvidia 1050+Intelgraphic 630 )

On another, the bios was destroyed and I have a lot of trouble to flash the Bios because I could not access it ( Nvidia 1060 + intel graphic 530 )
Flashing Bios inactavates intel graphic

Hendrik Proosa

PostWed May 01, 2019 1:29 pm

HaveBlue wrote:Probably tough to trace and track memory inside the GPU when everything is done through driver API calls.

When new resource is allocated on GPU, the size of it is known. So on one hand Resolve should keep track of allocated memory and on the other hand query GPU for amount of free memory. As it is all probably done already, I'd also suspect mem leaks, stuff just keeps floating around and is not freed until memory is filled and new allocations fail.
I do stuff.

Stephen Hay

PostWed May 01, 2019 4:50 pm

Just to add to the picture regarding this issue.
I have been using DaV.Resolve for editing for while through a few versions up to latest 15.
I only have a low spec system with GeForce GTX650 card (Open CL no CUDA).
But for now have only been editing 1080p .movs from a Canon 7D.
It has always worked totally smoothly in editing and rendering without a glitch.
On trying 16 beta I instantly got the same 'memory full'.
Poor playback, particularly on any still images which have intermittent black screen stuttering.
Even more of a problem is that the problem is also displayed in rendered files.

I know that this problem will be being investigated urgently, so for now I guess I just have one question...
Even though I am planning to upgrade my GPU soonish, I am really keen to know:
Is there any indication that 16 does in fact have substantially bigger GPU demands than 15?
I don't actually seem to read anywhere that that is the case...
Windows 10 Pro Creator Update / Intel Core i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40 GHz / Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti Studio Driver / 32GB RAM / C:\System 256Gb SSD / D:\Footage 1Tb + Laptop: Dell Precision 5530 2 in 1 / Intel HD 630 & AMD Radeon Pro WX Vega M GL / 16GB RAM

HaveBlue

PostWed May 01, 2019 5:24 pm

I would wait and see what shakes out before buying a new card. What worked in 15 seems not to be the case in 16 at the moment. Even people with high vram cards are having trouble. If that remains, you might be better off with an amd since they are cheaper and more ram.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Dave Monak

PostWed May 01, 2019 11:27 pm

Also getting "Memory Full Error, Error #4" when trying to covert/deliver ultraHD braw to HQX avi files for use in other NLE. 32gb system ram and 2tb GPU Nvidia card. Already updated driver, no luck.

Duke Sweden

PostThu May 02, 2019 3:30 am

Stephen Hay wrote:Just to add to the picture regarding this issue.
I have been using DaV.Resolve for editing for while through a few versions up to latest 15.
I only have a low spec system with GeForce GTX650 card (Open CL no CUDA).
But for now have only been editing 1080p .movs from a Canon 7D.
It has always worked totally smoothly in editing and rendering without a glitch.
On trying 16 beta I instantly got the same 'memory full'.
Poor playback, particularly on any still images which have intermittent black screen stuttering.
Even more of a problem is that the problem is also displayed in rendered files.

I know that this problem will be being investigated urgently, so for now I guess I just have one question...
Even though I am planning to upgrade my GPU soonish, I am really keen to know:
Is there any indication that 16 does in fact have substantially bigger GPU demands than 15?
I don't actually seem to read anywhere that that is the case...

I read where v.16 requires CUDA 10 GPU's. It says on Nvidia's site that CUDA 9 will work as it's the same specs (that's what it said). I have a 1050ti which is CUDA 9 and other than the bugs it works fine.

HaveBlue

PostThu May 02, 2019 4:27 am

Here are the settings I changed today:

Nvidia driver 419.67 creators (actually already was on it)
Changed the Nvidia control panel to "Let 3D application decide"
Changed DR GPU to Cuda from Auto and manual GPU selection.
On the Advanced Deliver Page checked "Use render cached images"
Close other Apps

I was able to render without DR crashing. FWIW

JMY_4K

PostSat May 04, 2019 4:10 pm

HaveBlue wrote:Here are the settings I changed today:

Nvidia driver 419.67 creators (actually already was on it)
Changed the Nvidia control panel to "Let 3D application decide"
Changed DR GPU to Cuda from Auto and manual GPU selection.
On the Advanced Deliver Page checked "Use render cached images"
Close other Apps

I was able to render without DR crashing. FWIW

Thanks for this. I tried rendering my 10 minute project last night, and it failed about halfway through with the gpu full message. I restarted resolve, went to the Advanced Deliver Page and tried checking "use render cache images", and it rendered all the way without fail.
DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.2, Windows 10
5900x, 128GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3090

gzhjb2009

PostMon May 20, 2019 9:21 am

Windows 10, 64 bit
GTX 1070 Ti - 8 gigs of RAM
Resolve Studio 16, b2

Update the NIVIDA drivers on the GTX1070 - restart.
Open Resolve, Preferences - Memory and GPU
GPU processing mode - CUDA ~~~~~ This is the essential part to fix the problem of "GPU Memory Full".
GPU selection mode - Manual
Uncheck - use GPU Scopes
Restart Resolve

Thanks to

Brian Breheny

PostTue May 21, 2019 12:07 am

Same issue with Mac trash can, tried all different settings, going back to 16.1
Mac Pro Late 2013, 3.5 6-core, 32GB memory, 2 AMD FirePro D700s 6GB each

Manuel Geissinger

PostTue May 21, 2019 1:45 pm

Same issue here, never had it with 15 Studio.

Followed all advice, most recent driver as of todays.
Next

Return to DaVinci Resolve