DaVinci Resolve 17 | Feature Requests list

• Author

Sam Steti

Re: [Davinci] Resolve 17 | Big Feature Requests list.

PostFri Apr 26, 2019 7:15 am

Hey,

1/ Buy Plural Eyes and insert it in v17 :lol:

2/ Fonts preview, such a basic and time saver option

3/ Background rendering also featuring "pause" option in Deliver page

THX
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

Jim Simon

PostSat Apr 27, 2019 10:21 pm

infocus_jc wrote:I need to be able to chose which audio track I'm listening to (lavalier track 1 or boom mic track 2 for example)

My preference would be to add both to the timeline, then mix it later in Fairlight.

I think this offers more control.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Kye Leslie

PostSun Apr 28, 2019 12:33 am

Please enable sound on Optimised Media. This would enable a one-click offline workflow.

The new Cut page is making the experience better and better for working fast with minimal hardware such as laptops, but the lack of sound in optimised media is a long-running limitation for working on-the-go away from large storage devices.

You guys are doing a great job, keep it up!!

Kye Leslie

PostSun Apr 28, 2019 12:45 am

Ability to stabilise pans and tilts.

Situation:
I shoot hand-held and I record a pan, or a tilt. I then want to stabilise it by completely removing the kinds of motion I don't want and lightly stabilising the motion I did deliberately.
For a pan, I want to lock rotation/zoom/tilt and have a gentle smoothing of the pan.
For a tilt, I want to lock rotation/zoom/pan and have a gentle smoothing of the tilt.

There currently seems to be no way to do this as there is one strength / strong parameter for all directions, and the stabiliser doesn't exist in a node, so you can't have two stabilisers in series.

I don't mind how it would be implemented, either by having a tick box in the new stabiliser for "pan" and "tilt" or to expose separate Strong parameters for tilt/pan/rotate/zoom in the classic stabiliser.

Kye Leslie

PostSun Apr 28, 2019 12:50 am

Change speed of multiple clips at once.

What I want is: Select multiple clips, Change Clip Speed, adjust fps or percentage, OK, and it does it for all those clips. If you've shot lots of clips that you want conformed you currently have to do them individually, which isn't much fun.

Kye Leslie

PostSun Apr 28, 2019 12:57 am

Fix the FPS in the Clip Speed dialog.

If I have a 60p clip in a 25p timeline, and bring up the Change Clip Speed dialog it shows 100% and 25fps - this is wrong because the clip is 60fps. I then change the percentage to 40% to go from 60 to 25, and the FPS updates to say 10fps, which is also wrong.

I don't want to change the Clip Attributes in the media page because I might also want to use the clip at normal speed elsewhere in the project, or I might have shot everything in 60p and haven't decided which clips are to be slowed down.

Regardless, I see no logic in a fps number that is always wrong.

Kye Leslie

PostSun Apr 28, 2019 1:07 am

The ability to assign a shortcut key to any tool, or anything I can click on for that matter.

I'm going through clips and using the white balance eyedropper on each of them (using ceiling white as a rough reference) but I can't assign a shortcut key to the white balance eyedropper, so I have to go back and forwards with the mouse to accurately click on the eyedropper tool each time.

There are many many buttons in the UI that are not in the menu, therefore can't be assigned shortcut keys.

This would make DR hugely more useful, as instead of relying on UI changes to help workflows, people could setup their own without BM having thought of that particular way of working.

Pavel Lavrov

PostSun Apr 28, 2019 1:31 am

Kye Leslie wrote:The ability to assign a shortcut key to any tool, or anything I can click on for that matter.

I'm going through clips and using the white balance eyedropper on each of them (using ceiling white as a rough reference) but I can't assign a shortcut key to the white balance eyedropper, so I have to go back and forwards with the mouse to accurately click on the eyedropper tool each time.

There are many many buttons in the UI that are not in the menu, therefore can't be assigned shortcut keys.

This would make DR hugely more useful, as instead of relying on UI changes to help workflows, people could setup their own without BM having thought of that particular way of working.

Please look into mouse macros... you can record and playback your mouse moves, clicks etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Pavel L

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostSun Apr 28, 2019 4:51 am

Pavel Lavrov wrote:
Kye Leslie wrote:The ability to assign a shortcut key to any tool, or anything I can click on for that matter.

Please look into mouse macros... you can record and playback your mouse moves, clicks etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kind of. If you're on a big facility with 20 linux resolve, there is a limit on what can be installed in a particular machine.

I would like more mapping.
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

waltervolpatto

PostSun Apr 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Group improvement (menu)

1) drop down menu for choice in color [clip] menu -> alphabetical order (please!)
2) color, in the drop down menu [clip - group] there should be a choice for any clips that does not belong to a group (similar to the flags selections): [Any group] - [No group]
3) in the [clips - smart selection] creation, there is no choice for clips that don't have a group (there is a workaround, ask for clips where group is blank, just a bit silly)
4) if i rename a group called {digital clips from vfx}, at the moment i got served a new blank [group #]: it should present the current name {digital clips from vfx} so i can modify it.
5) duplicate group: a function that will duplicate the selected group (including the actual correction), and present the ability to make a new name: [copy of (group name)]

6) the alphabetical order should apply to the contextual menu, the clip menu, and the clip menu when the lightbox is on. Everywhere...
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled

waltervolpatto

PostMon Apr 29, 2019 12:55 am

this is tricky.

If I have a sequence and I want a shared node on all shots, I can prepare it ahead of time. but let assume that I forgot (or i need it later), what i wish is a behavior like this:

1) turn a node to shared and do some changes
2) select a bunch of shots and ripple

the [shared node] badge should propagate and all the nodes will inherit not only the correction, but also the fact that is a shared node.

Fabián Matas

PostMon Apr 29, 2019 11:58 am

-Improved Node tree sizing( Sometimes is really painful even when working on display mode.

-Ability to qualify restricted to masks( I know you can do something close with the key mixer, but something more straightforward will be appreciated).

-Improved log controls, with ranges from black/shadows/midtonnes/hightlights/white, and even maybe ability to pick this ranges and do some operations on them(saturation, opacity etc..)

-Improved qualifier.

-Ability to go back to older versions with ease.

Thanks,

MarkusKa

Re: DAVINCI 17 | Big feature request list.

PostMon Apr 29, 2019 12:36 pm

Micha Clazing wrote:ProRes export on Windows, and moveable/sizeable docking UI elements please.

+1

anikolic

PostMon Apr 29, 2019 1:11 pm

+100000 for the below. It is so powerful. A few of us keep banging on about it, but it looks like most people don't care. However, that's only because they haven't tried it.

It's probably the main reason why most of the long-form TV/Film work is still done on Avid.

John Paines wrote:
BrianDors wrote:I'm going to carry over my Swap Timeline between Source and Record from the Big Features request list from R16..

That one could bring real benefits, as nobody else but Avid has it ... the last frontier of the standard source/record/timeline model, until somebody comes up with a far better way to edit. For the record this is not [just] swapping timeline and source viewer, but a patching system between what's in the source viewer and what's in the timeline.

gware06

PostMon Apr 29, 2019 1:19 pm

EDIT PAGE - Title safe Margins
Conforming - Can resolve automatically adjust the project settings to match the camera used? Like R3D,Sony, Arri etc?

waltervolpatto

PostMon Apr 29, 2019 5:44 pm

Edit page
Timeline edl export

Add a mode (all) where the software export all the edl for each layer in the timeline, using the given name plus [_video name] given in the tracks.

waltervolpatto

PostMon Apr 29, 2019 7:20 pm

Export, add a checkbox to allow the automatic addiction of the "." In the name when exporting frames.

Tom Early

PostMon Apr 29, 2019 11:03 pm

Fabián Matas wrote:-Ability to qualify restricted to masks( I know you can do something close with the key mixer, but something more straightforward will be appreciated).

you can already do this, just pipe your mask into the alpha input of your qualifier node. Perfectly straightforward.
MBP2021 M1 Max 64GB, macOS 14.4, Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Output: UltraStudio 4K Mini, Desktop Video 12.7

Tom Early

PostMon Apr 29, 2019 11:11 pm

waltervolpatto wrote:Export, add a checkbox to allow the automatic addiction of the "." In the name when exporting frames.

+1, though if it allowed custom suffixes like Smoke does (. or _ and maybe a couple of others) then this would be better. Yes, you can just have the render tag %timelinename and then put . afterwards or whatever, but it should be more straightforward and accessible than that.

Tom Early

PostMon Apr 29, 2019 11:12 pm

anikolic wrote:+100000 for the below. It is so powerful. A few of us keep banging on about it, but it looks like most people don't care. However, that's only because they haven't tried it.

It's probably the main reason why most of the long-form TV/Film work is still done on Avid.

John Paines wrote:
BrianDors wrote:I'm going to carry over my Swap Timeline between Source and Record from the Big Features request list from R16..

That one could bring real benefits, as nobody else but Avid has it ... the last frontier of the standard source/record/timeline model, until somebody comes up with a far better way to edit. For the record this is not [just] swapping timeline and source viewer, but a patching system between what's in the source viewer and what's in the timeline.

As much as I like this feature, I don't understand how it is so powerful, particularly for the workflows you mention, perhaps you could explain?

Joe Hudson

[Davinci] Resolve 17 | Big Feature Requests list - Stills pa

PostTue Apr 30, 2019 2:58 am

I'm aware there's 101 requests for video features from video pros that are likely to get priority, plus the need to stabilise current features. Still I feel the idea has some merit.

A stills page, with a basic raw stills processing work flow.

So then Resolve can do video, audio, motion graphics and stills. As a professional photographer who does a bit of video work, I'd love to stay in Resolve for ~90% of my work. I'd love to say goodbye to Lightroom.. (me and a countless number of other users if the Adobe and DP forums are anything to go by)

For me the basic feature set that would be extremely appealing to me as a photographer would be:

* Fast import and preview of raw images (that make proper use of modern computer hardware, unlike Adobe)
* Basic asset management (like bins, but which are visible and persistent outside of individual projects) and tagging
* Tethering support, so it can be used in the studio (just like Resolve can be used for live video grading)
* An export preset system, somewhat like already used for video
* Integration/interaction with the colour page - obviously
* Would be very handy to have a spot removal/heal, gradient and adjustment brush tools.

(And just imagine the potential for object removal, Resolve 16's new video feature, with stills. Several shots taken, some with subject as wanted but unwanted background element, other shots with desired background. The object removal already works with multiple frames. Could save loads of time compared with combining multiple stills in PS.)

Novica Milic

PostTue Apr 30, 2019 8:39 am

If the new Cut page is about quick & rough assembly and edit clips, maybe also put into it quick & rough grading tool like Cinema Grade (by Color Grading Central)?
MacMini 2018. BMPCC 4K. BMPCC. Canon XC10. Leica Q. Fuji X-H1.

GermanTV

PostTue Apr 30, 2019 8:47 am

First of all: thank you for your great product! You got so much things I missed in Premiere so badly - instant Thumpnails is a big one :D . And it gets better and better. Here are some things I would suggest to add:

- shortcut for timeline viewoptions (especially waveform)

- make it possible to widen or tighten the Audio/Video Tracks with the scroll wheel of the mouse

- option for multicamera editing, that already placed edits are overwritten when replaying the sequnce and a camera angle is changed (I'm used to that from Premiere)

- The possibilty to render diffrent framerates from the same timeline (e.g. 25 framerate timeline -> 29.9 output framerate)

- more control over cache, so that you don't have to check every project if the cache has been deleted after finish nor have to clear all of the cache which may includes projects where the cache is still needed (what about an optical representation like the tool WinDirStat offers)

- Please make choosing the Paramter in the Keyfram Editor more accessible and more on point. This is one of the few things I miss coming from Premiere.

- The best Tutoial I've ever watched is "DaVinci Resolve 15 - Fairlight Audio Production" from Mary Plummer - thank you! The combination of explaination of the tools and provison of professional production knowledge was just perfect for me. Please bring more of that!!!
Laptop: Gigabyte AERO 15-XA | Windows 11 | Intelcore i7 9750H CPU | 16GB Ram | m2 Bootdrive | GeForce RTX 2070 8GB
DR Version: 16.6.2
Devices: BMPCC 4K, BM Broadcast G2, BM URSA Mini Recorder
Thank you Blackmagic for your awesome Products!

etang77

PostTue Apr 30, 2019 10:19 am

Still the same old one:

OMF!!!

famojdh

PostTue Apr 30, 2019 1:43 pm

Perhaps not a BIG Feature Request, but a real time saver and super useful for audio tracks which are recorded in too hot.

In Attributes, preferably on the Media Page (and Edit), it would be great to have a way to lower the Audio gain for groups of clips selected, rather than fiddling with the gain line in the clip on the timeline.

Thanks in advance!

Jesse

CompBoy

PostTue Apr 30, 2019 7:36 pm

famojdh wrote:Perhaps not a BIG Feature Request, but a real time saver and super useful for audio tracks which are recorded in too hot.

In Attributes, preferably on the Media Page (and Edit), it would be great to have a way to lower the Audio gain for groups of clips selected, rather than fiddling with the gain line in the clip on the timeline.

Thanks in advance!

Jesse

Wouldn't this be the same as selecting a group of clips, right clicking and selecting "Normalize"? You can normalize the group of selected clips as a group or independently within the group.

You can also select all your clips, expand the inspector (top right), click the Audio tab and change the volume for all of them at once.
W10Pro, i9-9900k ~5Ghz, 32GB ram, GTX 1070, Davinci Resolve Studio

Philipp Glaninger

PostTue Apr 30, 2019 10:23 pm

Using the Stabilizer within DaVinci Resolve for a few Clips is fast and intuitive to me, but the workflow with a LOT of Clips is cumbersome. Is it possible to streamline the stabilization process of multiple clips?

I am spending countless hours to stabilize hundred's of stockfootage-clips shot in braw, but since there is nothing like a "batch stabilize all clips" function the whole workflow turns into a time consuming process that needs constant manual input to keep running. Especially the analyze part breaks my flow since the UI is locked at that time. So I spend most of my time starring idle at the stabilization status bar (well to be more specific I am watching youtube videos) until a clip is done. Than I select the next clip plus deselect "Perspective" mode, since it is my least favorite solving method. I do prefer "Translation" most (good for all almost perfect shots on gimbal, dolly, tripod) or "Similarity" (better for Handheld IMHO). After that I have to wait again about 30 seconds to start all over. That's fine for 5 Clips but it´s not fun with 500.

So here is my feature request to BM.
Is it possible to create a special dedicated function (similar to the new "Analyze clips for faces"function) where I can select my clips and then analyze them in a batch.
Something like a "Batch Stabilize"

Or is it possible to create a script that could to the same thing?
Resolve Studio 18.x / i7 6700k / Windows 10 (64GB Ram) / GeForce GTX 1080TI 11GB / Tangent Wave Tablet / 3 Monitors + 1 Reference Monitor (by Intensity Pro)

Levi3d

PostWed May 01, 2019 7:53 am

Absolutely awesome work folks,,,, But...

Absolutely, unquestionably, fix the issue where changing content/order of media in fusion breaks the input. Changing the content of a layer in a fusion comp, changing the time/duration of a layer etc, sometimes just breaks it, and you have to rebiuld your comp tree.

Add a simple 'update media/link to any imported media, not just a relink to new media function etc, just a refresh on the source media and a rebuild of any caching/optimised media etc (Think the similar functionin after effects). When you are dealing with CGI/externally generated media, you'll often go through many iterations of the the same file - just refreshing the source would save a hell of a lot of time.

Create an absolute global override for rebuilding the timeline cache. Having to go into nested comps to enable cacheing is really inefficient. Make the act of 'baking' a cache on a clip or section of a fusion tree really obvious - and make sure it is updated if any element of that tree has been updated - I am constantly getting partial sections of clips updated (the next point may help this)

Some kind of Feedback/monitoring of background processes/progress (as per FCP) - it would be incredibly useful to know what's going on, and whether it's worth just hanging on a few minutes to get the cache/preview done)

Some kind of node/option within a fusion tree to select whether the tree/path is using the media pre or post any particular grade section, so you could choose whether to key on the ungraded clip, or the pre-grade clip, but comp a CGI element into the graded version, etc. Could be a node that allows you to select which stage of the colour process you are using of a clip downstream from that point, so you could have 3 such nodes from a media clip, sending different stages of the colour process out to different processes.

A really nice, visual node in fusion to enable you to plug and image related channel into another (possibly with conversion) swap red and green channels, or a Zdepth (converted to greyscale if needed) into an alpha etc

Batch processing!!! (Of anything) - and support for command-line render-management such as Deadline

When hovering over an image, feedback on the RGBA/Z/other value of the pixel/point under the mouse pointer (a la Nuke)

The option of turning on a 'sticky' action in the timeline - when using a wacom, it's incredibly easy to accidentally move inadvertently move a clip in the timeline (even a tiny amount) when moving the pen across the screen - an option to make you hold for a fraction of a second before moving a clip would eliminate this.

When creating a compound/fusion clip from the timeline, with a clip that has time-remapping applied, an option to choose whether to keep the time-remapping on the original clip (i.e move the timeremapping with the original clip into the compound) or move the full length clip into the compound, and keep the time-remapping on the top layer (aka, on the compound clip in the timeline).

Allow the extents/in/out point of a compound/fusion clip from the timeline - When the clip is created, it is truncated to the original clip lengths used - it would be good to be able to extend the in/out points of a compound/fusion clip (beyond the original duration) in the timeline so that the in/out points of the media within are adjusted accordingly

Did I mention the UI??? The ability to customise the UI? Please can i change the layout of the UI? Pretty, pretty please??
Last edited by Levi3d on Wed May 01, 2019 9:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Levi3d

PostWed May 01, 2019 8:13 am

MarkusKa wrote:
Micha Clazing wrote:ProRes export on Windows, and moveable/sizeable docking UI elements please.

+1

Isn't that an apple licensing issue?

John Paines

PostWed May 01, 2019 11:48 am

At least the option of opening a dialogue box at time of subclip creation, for assigning a unique name or selecting the "remove extents" option.

Assuming every clip does get a new name -- which wouldn't be unusual -- the current procedure requires constant alternation between media and edit pages.

Tom Early

PostWed May 01, 2019 12:09 pm

John Paines wrote:the current procedure requires constant alternation between media and edit pages.

why? you can bring up the media pool in the edit page

John Paines

PostWed May 01, 2019 12:42 pm

Tom Early wrote:
John Paines wrote:the current procedure requires constant alternation between media and edit pages.

In my case, it's a dual monitor setup, but in any event, here's the sequence, however the monitors are set up:

-- mark subclip in source viewer
-- alt B
- click on media pool, rename subclip
- click on source viewer
- mark subclip, etc. etc. etc.

How is all that clicking and shifting good?

waltervolpatto

PostWed May 01, 2019 3:52 pm

Stills, (color gallery): in v15 if you ask for [use label on still export] it will do it, but only for one still. It does not work for multiple still exports, making it in practice uneffective/unusable.

Say that I have all the stills captured from reel 5 with the timecode name, I want to retain that in export and send it to the marketing group, so they can easily see where in the movie has been taken.

waltervolpatto

PostWed May 01, 2019 4:13 pm

Single CDL export (in 15) you cannot click on a thumbnail in the color page and export a single cdl/ccc file: the vfx facilities ask for it all the time...

Unless something changed in v16, we need this capability.

Tom Early

PostWed May 01, 2019 5:15 pm

John Paines wrote:
Tom Early wrote:

In my case, it's a dual monitor setup, but in any event, here's the sequence, however the monitors are set up:

-- mark subclip in source viewer
-- alt B
- click on media pool, rename subclip
- click on source viewer
- mark subclip, etc. etc. etc.

How is all that clicking and shifting good?

If you are doing a lot of this at once, a workaround would be to create a smart bin that contains just sub clips, then you can just rename them all once you've finished creating them

Tom Early

PostWed May 01, 2019 5:20 pm

waltervolpatto wrote:Stills, (color gallery): in v15 if you ask for [use label on still export] it will do it, but only for one still. It does not work for multiple still exports, making it in practice uneffective/unusable.

Say that I have all the stills captured from reel 5 with the timecode name, I want to retain that in export and send it to the marketing group, so they can easily see where in the movie has been taken.

+1

John Paines

PostWed May 01, 2019 5:44 pm

Tom Early wrote:If you are doing a lot of this at once, a workaround would be to create a smart bin that contains just sub clips, then you can just rename them all once you've finished creating them

And review each subclip separately, for the second time, to determine what the clip name should be? And every time segregate already named subclips from unnamed ones, possibly hundreds or even thousands, because the smartbin won't discriminate?

This is a feature request, made thoughtfully, because there's no current substitute for it.

waltervolpatto

PostWed May 01, 2019 8:00 pm

In smart filter, color page, a tag to find the clips that does not have Dolby analysis.

waltervolpatto

PostWed May 01, 2019 9:49 pm

The ability to have a setting for the overlay white/black key: the white in hdr is obnoxious.

So we can set it up to a fraction of white. (I'm still in 15)

waltervolpatto

PostWed May 01, 2019 10:59 pm

For cmu trims, I would like the [copy/paste] trims to only copy the display output I currently selected, not override all the trims of all the monitors.

Will Howard

PostWed May 01, 2019 11:47 pm

Maybe trivial but I'd like the labeling on the Fairlight Mixer reflect Fader level, not the metering. As standard on every mixer including the standalone Fairlight.

alessandroshoots

PostWed May 01, 2019 11:54 pm

Requesting better error handling in the Media Management page. Any attempt to copy data fails at a single file level stopping entire transfers. I would prefer that the errors are listed at the end of the transfer in a list so that I can address individual file issues without having to resort to another method of transferring projects between media.

Josh Hendrix

PostThu May 02, 2019 3:15 am

Import Versions. I have to export DRP's back and forth between computers all the time and I end up with a bunch of the same projects in my Database. I would love to right-click on the project and say Import Version.

Create New Empty Multicam I would like to be able to create a blank multicam like you would a timeline. Sometimes the sync doesn't work when you have 20 sources and you have to manually sync them. Right now I have to create a random multicam from two clips and then add all the footage like its a timeline. Which is fine until Resolve crashes, which happens a lot during this process. A blank multicam (or even being able to compound clips and turn a compound into a multicam) would save hassle.

Sync clips that are on a timeline Sometimes I don't want clips sync'ed together like they are in the Media tab. Sometimes I just need to add one clip to another one time. Things that are already on a timeline. I believe premiere does it like this where you can just select any two items and tell it to sync. The syncing is really good in Resolve, I just want more ways to use it. This would also help when you are syncing many sources without a multicam

Prores support on windows. Need I say more?

Set project icon. There may be a way to do this but I'd like to be able to set a still from a timeline as projects preview in Project Manager. Because I bring DRP's back and forth and have to relink media most of my projects default to the Media Offline image (even if the files are linked again). Setting one still and being done with it would make the appearance better.

If any of this already exists, please let me know.

DeliciousOrange

PostThu May 02, 2019 3:52 am

Inherit Clip Settings Once a Multicam Clip is Flattened
I'd love to be able to flatten a multicam clip and have the flattened clip inherit all the Inspector settings from the parent multicam clip.

Create Multicam from Timeline
It would be great if Resolve gained the function to convert either a compound clip or timeline to a multicam clip where each track is converted to an angle, similar to converting a nested clip to multicam in Premiere.

Hotkeys for Stabilization
Mapping the stabilizer function to a hotkey would save a ton of time on live event edits where you're stabilizing a lot of clips sprinkled throughout the edit.

Karel Voners

PostThu May 02, 2019 9:26 am

A progress bar for certain operations. So we know resolve didn't crash.

I do frequent metadata changes to large batches of clips. It's quite CPU heavy and resolve just locks up beachballing. Sometimes 1 hour+...

Progress bar would be interesting....

Cheers,
K.
i9-12900 - MSI PRO Z690-A - 32GB RAM DDR5 4800Mhz - 1070ti 516.94 - 970PRO nvme - 7x 2TB RAID - Areca 1222 - Mellanox Connectx3 10GBe - Tascam 2x2 USB interface - ACER BM320 10bit 4K monitor - Win 10 19045.3448

Resolve Studio, Decklink 4K, Pocket OG

Karel Voners

PostThu May 02, 2019 9:37 am

Karel Voners wrote:A progress bar for certain operations. So we know resolve didn't crash.

I do frequent metadata changes to large batches of clips. It's quite CPU heavy and resolve just locks up beachballing. Sometimes 1 hour+...

Progress bar would be interesting....

Cheers,
K.

Also better database performance might be cool, so I don't have to wait hours on end to make these changes :-).
i9-12900 - MSI PRO Z690-A - 32GB RAM DDR5 4800Mhz - 1070ti 516.94 - 970PRO nvme - 7x 2TB RAID - Areca 1222 - Mellanox Connectx3 10GBe - Tascam 2x2 USB interface - ACER BM320 10bit 4K monitor - Win 10 19045.3448

Resolve Studio, Decklink 4K, Pocket OG

arniepix

PostThu May 02, 2019 9:26 pm

+1. Also ProRes export for Linux.

BrandonFreeman

PostFri May 03, 2019 3:46 am

Multiple levels of groups. I want to be able group everything under one grade (not a timeline grade or adjustment clip, as that will grade transitions and I don't want that), then sub-group different cameras/exposures for individual corrections that still carry across multiple clips.

Krukster5000

PostFri May 03, 2019 9:03 am

- A batch render would be nice. I work allot with multiple version of short edits and it would be really handy to select multiple time lines in the media pool and send them to the render queue.

- Dragging multiple video/audio tracks simultaneously would help allot. Would save allot of time dragging each stacked video track one by one, by one, by one....

- A smaller size of the UI. Everyhing is really big and bulky. I'm always struggeling with the space on my monitors...

- And dual screen, not full screen, would be SO nice.

- And i saw some one mentioning ProRes for windows. So yeah that aswell :D
Marco Kruk
Amsterdam Based Editor.

Windows 10 system with:
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950x 16-Core
- 64 GB ram
- Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
- Resolve studio
- Decklink mini 4K

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostFri May 03, 2019 9:35 am

Krukster5000 wrote:- A batch render would be nice. I work allot with multiple version of short edits and it would be really handy to select multiple time lines in the media pool and send them to the render queue.

Resolve has a batch render queue on the deliver page but you need to add each timeline one at a time with the appropriate render settings.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests