DaVinci Resolve on Linux - Install issues

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Hakim Craddock

Re: DaVinci Resolve on Linux - Install issues

PostSun Apr 07, 2019 12:21 pm

Noel Sterrett wrote:
Hakim Craddock wrote:Ubuntu does have the most support as an OS.. Not talking about BMD making the poor decision to build the Linux Version of Resolve around CentOS. But Using Ubuntu as a daily driver seems IMO to be the easiest way to go except for using Resolve.

Agree, but I wouldn't "except" Resolve. I'm using Resolve on three up-to-date Ubuntu 18.04 workstations with NVIDIA 418.56 drivers (very fast) and they all work quite well. Building a new Ubuntu system with NVIDIA and other drivers is a breeze compared to CentOS.

BMD seems to have fixed a few of the initial Ubuntu installation problems. They have a .deb install for Desktop Video now, and I suspect at some point (maybe even NAB) there will be a .deb for Resolve. Fingers crossed.

Cheers.

It only seems like the more logical thing to do. :lol:

Will Tejeda

PostMon Apr 08, 2019 8:57 pm

Whats the best way to get resolve working on ubuntu these days ?
Will Tejeda
DP/Cinematographer

Kris Limbach

PostMon Apr 08, 2019 9:27 pm

anyone tried the new resolve 16 on ubuntu / mint? i m just downloading.......

Noel Sterrett

PostMon Apr 08, 2019 9:33 pm

Kris Limbach wrote:anyone tried the new resolve 16 on ubuntu / mint? i m just downloading.......

It installed easily and runs quite well on Ubuntu 18.04 with Nvidia 418.56.

Cheers.
Admit One Pictures
Resolve Studio 18 | Linux Lint 21 | Nvidia 515 | Xeon | iCore | Ryzen

Kris Limbach

PostMon Apr 08, 2019 9:37 pm

great to hear! I m just on a laptop with intel gpu only.. I assume it is still just working with nvidia, right??

Noel Sterrett

PostMon Apr 08, 2019 10:11 pm

Will Tejeda wrote:Whats the best way to get resolve working on ubuntu these days ?

Ubuntu 18.04 and Nvidia 418.56 drivers work very well on several Intel-cpu / Nvidia-gpu machines I use.

At this point, after updating often since the first Linux version, a new release installs with just the few instructions provided with the release.

But since my first install, which required a few libraries and links, BMD has removed some of the installation problems. So I'm not sure what, if anything, is now required for a first time install.

Give it a try.

Cheers.
Admit One Pictures

deezid

PostMon Apr 08, 2019 10:14 pm

Noel Sterrett wrote:
Will Tejeda wrote:Whats the best way to get resolve working on ubuntu these days ?

Ubuntu 18.04 and Nvidia 418.56 drivers work very well on several Intel-cpu / Nvidia-gpu machines I use.

At this point, after updating often since the first Linux version, a new release installs with just the few instructions provided with the release.

But since my first install, which required a few libraries and links, BMD has removed some of the installation problems. So I'm not sure what, if anything, is now required for a first time install.

Give it a try.

Cheers.

I think opencl and cuda are still necessary and maybe the linking hack on debian based distributions.
After that has been done, just install via double click.
Download my 55M Advanced Luts for the Pocket 4K and 6K and UMP12K here:
https://55media.net/55mluts/

Seth Goldin

DaVinci Resolve on Linux - Install issues

PostMon Apr 08, 2019 10:30 pm

For fun I went ahead and installed version 418.56 of the NVIDIA driver, as per the installation instructions included alongside 16b01. I did this with ELRepo: if you just use `$ sudo yum install kmod-nvidia.x86_64`, ELRepo has packaged that command for 418.56 in CentOS 7.6-1810. I did, however, first have to uninstall the driver I already had installed, which was 390.xx.x86_64.

Both the 418.56 driver and 16b01 Studio installed and opened fine on CentOS 7.6-1810 with kernel 3.10.0-957.10.1.el7.x86_64. Very fun! Just poked around for a few minutes before uninstalling and reinstalling 15.3.1. No way I'm using the beta for any actual project.

As an aside: I didn't switch back to 390.xx--418.56 seems to be working totally fine for 15.3.1 Studio.
https://www.sethgoldin.com

KristijanZic

PostSun Apr 14, 2019 2:09 am

Today I've tested Resolve 16 extensively on Ubuntu, Fedora and CentOS with my AMD hardware. There is a serious issue but could be an easy fix by the devs, possibly.

neofetch: (From Ubuntu but I tested the CentOS too as you see in the logs)
Code: Select all
Kernel: 5.0.7-050007-generic
Uptime: 33 mins
Packages: 2354 (dpkg), 40 (flatpak), 44 (snap)
Shell: bash 4.4.19
Resolution: 1680x1050, 1920x1200
DE: GNOME 3.30.2
WM: GNOME Shell
WM Theme: Adwaita
Theme: Yaru [GTK2/3]
Icons: Yaru [GTK2/3]
Terminal: gnome-terminal
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X 8- (16) @ 3.800GHz
GPU: AMD ATI Radeon RX Vega 64
Memory: 3421MiB / 15959MiB

DaVinci Resolve 16 experiences a crash during the splash screen with AMD ROCm 2.3 driver every time on every above mentioned distributions.
I'm surprised it even affects CentOS. It seems to be the same issue for all the distros.

This is the generated logs archive on Ubuntu:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uPZR3liC01ZNBkrUOpAvsxBkdz4dXdpW/view?usp=sharing

This is the generated logs archive on CentOS:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1puheRfIt5tcZiquC2uf1ZJoZVVGVlD2R/view?usp=sharing

A word on why this bug is important. AMD is replacing the AMDGPU-PRO for ROCm.
AMDGPU-PRO can only be installed on the LTS versions of distros, ROCm can be installed anywhere.
So since Ubuntu 19.04 is coming out this month it would be great if DaVinci Resolve would work with ROCm driver like it did before.
Since I know BMD doesn't support Ubuntu, I think the devs should still take a look at this issue since it also affects CentOS.
Kernel: 5.4.0-54-generic
GPU: AMD ATI Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid
Memory: 15930MiB

Seth Goldin

PostSun Apr 14, 2019 2:13 am

Correct me if I’m wrong—but I thought the Linux build was only designed for Intel CPUs, no? I think AMD on Linux might be out of scope for the devs, at least as of 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KristijanZic

PostSun Apr 14, 2019 3:02 am

Seth Goldin wrote:Correct me if I’m wrong—but I thought the Linux build was only designed for Intel CPUs, no? I think AMD on Linux might be out of scope for the devs, at least as of 15.

In v15.2.3 they introduced DNxHD fixes for Threadripper on Linux so I think AMD is supported.
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/readme/5d7e07196e9b47d7b59444685c86a88a

v15 overall worked great for me except the Fusion effects were causing crashes and after 15.2.3 caused artefacts in the effects but it was getting better and better.
AMD hardware is too powerful and too cheap for BMD not to support it. I imagine AMD is a go-to choice for any studio.

Anyway, currently it doesn't work since ROCm 2.3 but I don't think it should be that difficult for them to fix it. They have the Resolve source and AMD ROCm is opensource, the entire OS and kernel is opensource so it's not like they depend on anyone else's coding.

It's a great hardware and driver platform to support.

[edit]:
Also, I love the new log archiver tool. It just makes it so convenient to provide logs in bug reports. Now we just need them to start using GitLab at least just as a bug tracker :)

Also, some documentation on how to read and interpret the logs would be helpful but I guess it's a closed source project so just a GitLab issue tracker would come a long way.

deezid

PostSun Apr 14, 2019 12:41 pm

Reading this makes me really thankful of having a NVIDIA 1080Ti on Manjaro (Arch). lol

Everything just works.
No crashes doing complex fusion comps either.

NTICompass

PostMon Apr 15, 2019 12:30 am

torger wrote:If you have a crash in:

/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN6SDebugC2EPKcS1_ibbNS_8CategoryENS_8LoadWhenEb+0x39)

during startup, you are probably experiencing the same bug as I.

Is this a bug in Resolve, or in how the libraries are installed on my (or your) system? Is there any other way to fix it, other than creating a "fixed" version of ncurses?

Hakim Craddock

PostMon Apr 15, 2019 3:42 am

deezid wrote:Reading this makes me really thankful of having a NVIDIA 1080Ti on Manjaro (Arch). lol

Everything just works.

I think they might be reffering to AMD CPU, like ryzen and threadripper.

You are correct I did like you suggested and manjaro does run Resolve as good as windows. Still crashes on me sometimes in fusion but windows does the same. Not totally convinced that going from a 1060 6gb to a 1080 or 2080 (whatever the newest nvidia gpu is) will net me the improvements i would like though.

Still sticking with Windows for now though. Because i would have to change all the write permissions on all my drives (scary stuff), Mic still doesnt work on DR16, and i would have to get used to a lot of other supporting software. If they fix the Mic i would do it. But not until then.

FIX the MIC BMD! please.

deezid

PostMon Apr 15, 2019 4:39 pm

Hakim Craddock wrote:
deezid wrote:Reading this makes me really thankful of having a NVIDIA 1080Ti on Manjaro (Arch). lol

Everything just works.

I think they might be reffering to AMD CPU, like ryzen and threadripper.

You are correct I did like you suggested and manjaro does run Resolve as good as windows. Still crashes on me sometimes in fusion but windows does the same. Not totally convinced that going from a 1060 6gb to a 1080 or 2080 (whatever the newest nvidia gpu is) will net me the improvements i would like though.

Still sticking with Windows for now though. Because i would have to change all the write permissions on all my drives (scary stuff), Mic still doesnt work on DR16, and i would have to get used to a lot of other supporting software. If they fix the Mic i would do it. But not until then.

FIX the MIC BMD! please.

How much ram do you have? The only way to crash fusion willfully is by using color curves lol.
But it does so on Windows as well. Color curves is a pretty heavy effect. ;)

About permissions, I agree. I just keep everything NTFS formatted and Linux ignores it.
EXT4 is hell on earth for external drives...

KristijanZic

PostThu Apr 18, 2019 8:51 pm

GitHub user beatboxa has posted an issue on ROCm's GitHub repository about DaVinci Resolve having problems and crashing with ROCm 2.3.
If any BMD developers care to join in since we still don't really know if it's a Resolve or ROCm issue please join in to the GitHub issue thread.

Also, any users, please join in, let's just knock these bugs out so that we can work like normal people on AMD.

Here's the link to the GitHub issue:
https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/ROCm/issues/768

Thank y'all!

KristijanZic

PostFri Apr 19, 2019 1:54 am

WORKAROUND

Alright gang, for all of you moving to Ubuntu 19.04 I'll cover the current workaround to get DaVinci Resolve 16 working on your fresh Ubuntu 19.04 installation using AMD ROCm driver on AMD hardware ofc. This should also work for any past distro down to Ubuntu 16.04.

We still don't know what the issue with Resolve or ROCm 2.3 is but as it turns out Resolve 16 seems to be working fine on Ubuntu 19.04 and ROCm 2.2 with Fusion FX effects and all. So our workaround is to install the previous version of ROCm driver, the 2.2.

For downgrading from 2.3 to 2.2 for those of you that already got the update on 16.04 up to 18.10 please refer to the GitHub issue https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/ROCm/issues/768
where beatboxa explains exactly how to do that. In case you are stuck pls post a reply on this forum thread and I'll do my best to explain it more.

THIS IS BY NO MEANS A FIX FOR THIS ISSUE BUT JUST A WORKAROUND UNTILL IT GETS FIXED
So BMD devs, I guess we still very much need you to help support your own software, the same issue is present on CentOS too. If you could just pinpoint the bug in ROCm if it's even a ROCm bug and report it, that would be great.
Again, the github issue: https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/ROCm/issues/768

With that said, follow these instructions:

Open a terminal (CTRL+ALT+T) and run these commands (do not write the $ in the terminal, that just represents a terminal command):

First make sure your system is up to date:

$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt dist-upgrade
$ sudo apt install libnuma-dev
$ sudo reboot

Now add the ROCm 2.2 apt repository
You won't be getting ROCm updates from this one and should be locked to ROCm 2.2

$ wget -qO - http://repo.radeon.com/rocm/apt/debian/rocm.gpg.key | sudo apt-key add -
$ echo 'deb [arch=amd64] http://repo.radeon.com/rocm/apt/2.2/ xenial main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rocm.list

NOTE: As good fella beatboxa from Github pointed out, note that it says "http://repo.radeon.com/rocm/apt/2.2/ xenial main" as opposed to "http://repo.radeon.com/rocm/apt/debian/ xenial main" that is on the official ROCm documentation*. That is because we want the 2.2 version which is, thank heavens, available from that same Radeon repo.

Add yourself to the video group:

$ sudo usermod -a -G video $LOGNAME

You may want to ensure that any future users you add to your system are put into the "video" group by default. To do that, you can run the following commands:

$ echo 'ADD_EXTRA_GROUPS=1' | sudo tee -a /etc/adduser.conf
$ echo 'EXTRA_GROUPS=video' | sudo tee -a /etc/adduser.conf

Now install the ROCm 2.2 by executing:

$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt install rocm-dev
$ echo 'SUBSYSTEM=="kfd", KERNEL=="kfd", TAG+="uaccess", GROUP="video"' | sudo tee /etc/udev/rules.d/70-kfd.rules

WE'RE DONE! Install Davinci Resolve 16 with the .run** file and enjoy... for now.
It's still very much an open issue.

ROCm documentation: https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/ROCm
**No need to do it using makeresolvedeb, you can but you'll loose some tools like log archiver and DR panels app.

KristijanZic

PostFri Apr 19, 2019 2:54 am

For Ubuntu on AMD hardware look at my last post. For NVIDIA I think Ubuntu 19.04 automatically installs the latest proprietary driver.

elpastoulero

PostFri Apr 19, 2019 10:50 pm

I'm stuck with this issue after installing Davinci 16 on Ubuntu 18 with daniel tufvesson method.
The program does not start at all and this is what i get:

ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c005, Mode= 13, Level= 1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c006, Mode= 13, Level= 1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c007, Mode= 13, Level= 1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= 2282, Mode= 0, Level= 0, CmdKey= 8, Option= 0
PnlMsgActionStringAdapter Already in Table: Code= 615e, Mode= 0, Level= 0, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
16.0b (#017) Linux/Clang
Main thread starts: CF1DFB00
[0x7fbacf1dfb00] | Undefined | INFO | 2019-04-20 00:35:45,698 | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[0x7fbacf1dfb00] | Undefined | INFO | 2019-04-20 00:35:45,698 | Loaded log config from /home/portablessd/.local/share/DaVinciResolve/configs/log-conf.xml
[0x7fbacf1dfb00] | Undefined | INFO | 2019-04-20 00:35:45,698 | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abandon (core dumped)

Do you guys have an idea?
Thanks in advance.

manjaroMan

PostMon Apr 22, 2019 2:35 pm

Some time ago I posted trying to get Davinci-resolve running on Arch-linux (manjaro) with new gpu and cpu (amd rx-480, ryzen 2700x) It was working previously on an intel cpu and old nvidia gt760ti, but I just couldn't work it out and gave up. Now I'm back and more determined.

Previously clinfo would always seg fault, I've fixed this now, by removing an nvidia package (opencl-nvidia
), left over from previous gpu.

Anyway I get the following output
These are the only errors I noticed, it seemed to detect and be happy to use 1 of the 2 rx480's, but perhaps I misunderstood.

Any help or pointers much appriciated.
Thanks
neil

/opt/resolve/bin/libBlackmagicRawAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory/opt/resolve/bin/BlackmagicRawAPI/libBlackmagicRawAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,464 | Running DaVinci Resolve v15.3.1.003 (Linux/Clang)
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,467 | Updating display GPU information...
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,775 | Detecting Main Display properties
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,785 | Process to detect main display has finished
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,799 | Fallback process to detect main display has finished
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,799 | GPU Name = 'AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics', Main display = 0
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,799 | GPU Name = 'AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics', Main display = 0
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,799 | 2 ATI GPUs (excluding display GPU) found. Using OpenCL for processing.
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,799 | Not GLmap capable. GPUs: 2 discrete, 0 integrated, 0 external. Auto mapping, OpenCL processing, main display not on external GPU.
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,799 | Setting LsManager.3.NumGPUs = 1
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,799 | RED InitializeSdk with library path at /opt/resolve/libs
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,839 | R3DAPI 7.1.0-3YM06 (20180720 L64S) R3DSDK 7.1.0-3YM06 (20180720 L64D) RED CUDA 7.1.0-45494 (20180721) RED OPENCL 7.1.0-45494 (20180721) [/opt/resolve/libs/] init is successful
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,840 | 0 RED rocket cards available
There are 1 GPUs in the system.
libDeckLinkAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,840 | Decklink model name: '', version: ''
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | SyManager            | WARN  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,883 | Failed to load user preferences.
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,903 | Installed custom font: Open Sans
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,903 | Installed custom font: Open Sans
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,920 | Finished loading Application style sheet
mesa: for the -simplifycfg-sink-common option: may only occur zero or one times!
mesa: for the -global-isel-abort option: may only occur zero or one times!
Local.Speed.Debug switched OFF - ''
[0x7f219801f700] | LeManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:49,015 | 521, 38
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:49,999 | Memory config: reserved=6000M pinned=4000M log=0
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:49,999 | Using default pooled memory manager
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,000 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 7501
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,000 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 7502
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,000 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 7503
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,000 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 7504
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,000 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 7505
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,001 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 7506
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,001 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 7507
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,001 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 7508
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Fusion               | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,151 | Fusion Build: r063752-ed5626a (Feb  7 2019 12:50:29)
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | SyManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,324 | Total: 20, NumDtThreads: 8, NumComms: 0, NumSites: 1

[0x7f21d6eb1080] | SyManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,324 | Lookaheads -> playback = 20, record = 20, stop = 2

Sy High Command Handler Thread ----- (139782098188032)
SY high priority cmd handler thread starts: 8E4EF700
Sy Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139782089795328)
SY low priority cmd handler thread starts: 8DCEE700
Sy Data Handler Thread ----- (139782081402624)
SY data handler thread starts: 8D4ED700
Gs High Command Handler Thread ----- (139782056224512)
GS high priority cmd handler thread starts: 8BCEA700
Gs Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139782047831808)
GS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 8B4E9700
Dp High Command Handler Thread ----- (139782031046400)
DP high priority cmd handler thread starts: 8A4E7700
[0x7f218c4eb700] | SyManager            | ERROR | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Failed to connect to panel socket
Dt High Command Handler Thread ----- (139782014260992)
DT high priority cmd handler thhread starts: 894E5700
Dp Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139782022653696)
DP low priority cmd handler thread starts: 89CE6700
[0x7f218c4eb700] | SyManager            | ERROR | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | DRIVER: open /var/tmp/davinci_socket failed
Dt Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139782005868288)
DT low priority cmd handler thread starts: 88CE4700
[0x7f218ace8700] | GsManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Gs Processor Thread ----- (139782039439104)

GS processor thread starts: 8ACE8700
Local.Speed.Verbose switched OFF - ''
[0x7f21884e3700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Data Handler Thread Started
DT data handler thread starts: 884E3700
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Using 8 generic IO threads
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Total of 16 IO threads (including 8 generic and 8 Red decode threads)
SY panel handler thread starts: 8C4EB700
[0x7f2187ce2700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f21874e1700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f218c4eb700] | SyManager            | ERROR | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Failed to connect to panel socket
[0x7f2186ce0700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f21864df700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f2184cdc700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f21844db700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f2185cde700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f2183cda700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f21834d9700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f2182cd8700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f21854dd700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f2181cd6700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Ls High Command Handler Thread ----- (139781846406912)
Ls Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139781838014208)
LS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 7ECD0700
[0x7f21824d7700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Ls Data Handler Thread ----- (139781829621504)
[0x7f21814d5700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Ls High Command Handler Thread ----- (139781821228800)
LS data handler thread starts: 7E4CF700
[0x7f2180cd4700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Ls Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139781812836096)
LS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 7D4CD700
Ls Data Handler Thread ----- (139781804443392)
[0x7f21804d3700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Dt Worker Thread Started
LS data handler thread starts: 7CCCC700
Ls High Command Handler Thread ----- (139781796050688)
[0x7f217fcd2700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Ls Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139781787657984)
Ls Data Handler Thread ----- (139781779265280)
LS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 7BCCA700
[0x7f217b4c9700] | IP                   | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | No GPUMapping parameter found for LsManager 3.
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | DbCommon2            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Loading dblist file: /opt/resolve/configs/.dblist
Mem Data Transmitter Thread ----- (139781749901056)
Mem data transmitter thread starts: 798C8700
[0x7f217b4c9700] | IP                   | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Resolve will generate a default mapping.
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Let There Be OpenCL Light!
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Start detecting OpenCL boards
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Skipping unqualified OpenCL platform: Clover
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Found qualified OpenCL board 0: platform - AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing, vendor - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., id - 0x7f21b6220e30, device name - AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics id - 0x7f21b6b60110, global memory size (MB) - 4464, local memory size (KB) - 32, max global memory alloc size (MB) - 3609
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Found qualified OpenCL board 1: platform - AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing, vendor - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., id - 0x7f21b6220e30, device name - AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics id - 0x7f21b6ae5610, global memory size (MB) - 4647, local memory size (KB) - 32, max global memory alloc size (MB) - 3751
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,327 | 2 OpenCL boards detected
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,327 | Board manager thread id 0x784c7700 policy 0 priority 0
[0x7f21784c7700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,327 | Initializing GPU board 0 with context thread 0
/opt/resolve/bin/libBlackmagicRawAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/opt/resolve/bin/BlackmagicRawAPI/libBlackmagicRawAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,368 | Using DNxHR library v2.3.8.47r
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | DVIP                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,373 | DVIP Version : 2.0.0, Revision = 84337 (Release)
[0x7f21784c7700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,436 | Setting channel cache size on GPU board 0 to 4
[0x7f21784c7700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,436 | Board manager 0 on thread 0 initialization done on GPU AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics

Some required information is missing for email crash report, the crash archive will not be updated

==========[CRASH DUMP]==========
Please send this to support:

#TIME Mon Apr 22 16:27:50 2019 - Uptime 00:00:01 (hh:mm:ss)
#PROGRAM_NAME DaVinci Resolve v15.3.1.003 (Linux/Clang)

/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x468b239]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x468a7bb]
/usr/lib/libpthread.so.0(+0x123c0) [0x7f21dc1963c0]
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(+0x14f6d3) [0x7f21da41c6d3]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN6SDebugC2EPKcS1_ibbNS_8CategoryENS_8LoadWhenEb+0x39) [0x7f2155ffc729]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(+0xc5c7d1) [0x7f21562be7d1]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(+0x104e126) [0x7f21566b0126]
Signal Number = 11

================================
[0x7f21784c7700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:58,260 | Completed prebuild of basic OpenCL kernels in 7823 msec
[0x7f21784c7700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:58,260 | Entering loop to wait for commands
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:58,260 | Finished initializing OpenCL board 0 <AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics> on platform <AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing> clock rate <1303> multiprocessor count <36> global mem size (MB) 4464, available mem size (MB) 0, shared mem size (KB) 32, on SBM[0|0]
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:58,260 | Hired OpenCL board 0 <AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics>
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:58,260 | Board manager thread id 0x4cf56700 policy 0 priority 0
[0x7f214cf56700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:58,260 | Initializing GPU board 1 with context thread 0
[0x7f214cf56700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:58,370 | Setting channel cache size on GPU board 1 to 4
[0x7f214cf56700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:58,371 | Board manager 1 on thread 0 initialization done on GPU AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics
[0x7f214cf56700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:28:06,331 | Completed prebuild of basic OpenCL kernels in 7961 msec
[0x7f214cf56700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:28:06,331 | Entering loop to wait for commands
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:28:06,331 | Finished initializing OpenCL board 1 <AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics> on platform <AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing> clock rate <1288> multiprocessor count <36> global mem size (MB) 4647, available mem size (MB) 0, shared mem size (KB) 32, on SBM[1|0]
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:28:06,331 | Hired OpenCL board 1 <AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics>
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:28:06,331 | Close OpenCL board <AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics>, have more boards than needed 1
[0x7f21784c7700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:28:06,331 | Board 0 on thread 0 <AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics>: No more jobs. You're fired!
[0x7f21784c7700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:28:06,337 | Clean up and shut down board 0 on thread 0

deezid

PostMon Apr 22, 2019 9:24 pm

I would recommend using NVIDIA cards on Linux using Resolve.
AMD drivers have been a hit or miss for the most part. The latest ROCm driver refuses to work with Resolve (again) and it affects most modern distributions.

NVIDIA cards on the other side using the official NVIDIA driver just work fine.

KristijanZic

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 7:10 pm

elpastoulero wrote:I'm stuck with this issue after installing Davinci 16 on Ubuntu 18 with daniel tufvesson method.
The program does not start at all and this is what i get:

ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c005, Mode= 13, Level= 1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c006, Mode= 13, Level= 1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c007, Mode= 13, Level= 1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= 2282, Mode= 0, Level= 0, CmdKey= 8, Option= 0
PnlMsgActionStringAdapter Already in Table: Code= 615e, Mode= 0, Level= 0, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
16.0b (#017) Linux/Clang
Main thread starts: CF1DFB00
[0x7fbacf1dfb00] | Undefined | INFO | 2019-04-20 00:35:45,698 | Loaded log config from /home/portablessd/.local/share/DaVinciResolve/configs/log-conf.xml
Abandon (core dumped)

Do you guys have an idea?
Thanks in advance.

Please post more information about your system. Your hardware, any third party kernels, drivers etc.

manjaroMan

PostTue Apr 23, 2019 9:14 pm

So I've tried DV 16, the log seems to recognise rx470, but still dosn't run
[0x7f03ade3b380] | Undefined            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,117 | --------------------------------------------
------------------------------------
[0x7f03ade3b380] | Undefined            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,117 | Loaded log config from /home/dudman/.local/s
hare/DaVinciResolve/configs/log-conf.xml
[0x7f03ade3b380] | Undefined            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,117 | --------------------------------------------
------------------------------------
[0x7f03ade3b380] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,118 | Running DaVinci Resolve v16.0.0b.017 (Linux/
Clang)
[0x7f03ade3b380] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,119 | Updating display GPU information...
[0x7f03ade3b380] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,306 | Detecting Main Display properties
[0x7f03ade3b380] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,314 | Process to detect main display has finished
[0x7f03ade3b380] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,326 | Fallback process to detect main display has
finished
[0x7f03ade3b380] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,326 | GPU Name = 'AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics'
, Main display = 0
[0x7f03ade3b380] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,327 | 1 GPUs (excluding display GPU) found. Using
OpenCL for processing.
[0x7f03ade3b380] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,327 | Not GLmap capable. GPUs: 1 discrete, 0 integ
rated, 0 external. Auto mapping, OpenCL processing, main display not on external GPU.
[0x7f03ade3b380] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,327 | Setting LsManager.3.NumGPUs = 1
[0x7f03ade3b380] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,327 | RED InitializeSdk with library path at /opt/
resolve/libs
[0x7f03ade3b380] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,354 | R3DAPI 7.1.0-3YM06 (20180720 L64S) R3DSDK 7.
1.0-3YM06 (20180720 L64D) RED CUDA 7.1.0-45494 (20180721) RED OPENCL 7.1.0-45494 (20180721) [/opt/resolve/libs/] init is
 successful
[0x7f03ade3b380] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,355 | 0 RED rocket cards available
[0x7f03ade3b380] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,355 | Decklink model name: '', version: ''
[0x7f03ade3b380] | DVIP                 | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,355 | DVIP Version : 16.0.0, Revision = 84716 (Rel
ease)
[0x7f03ade3b380] | SyManager            | WARN  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,365 | Failed to load user preferences.
[0x7f03ade3b380] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,372 | Installed custom font: Open Sans
[0x7f03ade3b380] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,372 | Installed custom font: Open Sans
[0x7f03ade3b380] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,388 | Finished loading Application style sheet
[0x7f0377c13700] | LeManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:36,537 | 521, 38
[0x7f03ade3b380] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,095 | Memory config: reserved=6000M pinned=4000M l
og=0
[0x7f03ade3b380] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,095 | Using default pooled memory manager
[0x7f03ade3b380] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,095 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 5684
[0x7f03ade3b380] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,095 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 5685
[0x7f03ade3b380] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,096 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 5686
[0x7f03ade3b380] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,096 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 5687
[0x7f03ade3b380] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,096 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 5688
[0x7f03ade3b380] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,096 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 5689
[0x7f03ade3b380] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,096 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 5690
[0x7f03ade3b380] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,096 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 5691
[0x7f03ade3b380] | Fusion               | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,162 | Fusion Build: r064402-af449b5_022 (Apr  8 20
19 10:04:09)
[0x7f03ade3b380] | SyManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,280 | Total: 20, NumDtThreads: 8, NumComms: 0, Num
Sites: 1

[0x7f03ade3b380] | SyManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,280 | Lookaheads -> playback = 20, record = 20, st
op = 2

[0x7f036d406700] | SyManager            | ERROR | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,281 | Failed to connect to panel socket
[0x7f036bc03700] | GsManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,281 | Gs Processor Thread ----- (139652669388544)

[0x7f036d406700] | SyManager            | ERROR | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,281 | DRIVER: open /var/tmp/davinci_socket failed
[0x7f03ade3b380] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,281 | Using 8 generic IO threads
[0x7f03693fe700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,281 | Dt Data Handler Thread Started
[0x7f03ade3b380] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,281 | Total of 16 IO threads (including 8 generic
and 8 Red decode threads)
[0x7f0367bfd700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,281 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f036d406700] | SyManager            | ERROR | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,281 | Failed to connect to panel socket
[0x7f03663fa700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,281 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f0363bf5700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,281 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f0365bf9700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,281 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f03653f8700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,281 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f0366bfb700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,281 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f0364bf7700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,281 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f03643f6700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,281 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f03673fc700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,281 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f03633f4700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,282 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f03623f2700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,282 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f0361bf1700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,282 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f03613f0700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,282 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f0362bf3700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,282 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f0360bef700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,282 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f03603ee700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,282 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f035fbed700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,282 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f035b3e4700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,282 | Let There Be OpenCL Light!
[0x7f03ade3b380] | DbCommon2            | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,282 | Loading dblist file: /home/dudman/.local/sha
re/DaVinciResolve/configs/.dblist
[0x7f035b3e4700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,283 | Start detecting OpenCL boards
[0x7f035b3e4700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,283 | Skipping unqualified OpenCL platform: Clover
[0x7f035b3e4700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,283 | Found qualified OpenCL board 0: platform - A
MD Accelerated Parallel Processing, vendor - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., id - 0x7f0395f15e30, device name - AMD Radeon
 (TM) RX 480 Graphics id - 0x7f03a7ee9610, global memory size (MB) - 7746, local memory size (KB) - 32, max global memor
y alloc size (MB) - 4048
[0x7f035b3e4700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,283 | 1 OpenCL boards detected
[0x7f035b3e4700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,283 | Board manager thread id 0x5a3e2700 policy 0
priority 0
[0x7f035a3e2700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,283 | Initializing GPU board 0 with context thread
[0x7f03ade3b380] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,323 | Using DNxHR library v2.4.0.57r
[0x7f035a3e2700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,384 | Setting channel cache size on GPU board 0 to
[0x7f035a3e2700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:37,385 | Board manager 0 on thread 0 initialization d
one on GPU AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics
[0x7f035a3e2700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:46,727 | Completed prebuild of basic OpenCL kernels i
n 9342 msec
[0x7f035a3e2700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:46,727 | Entering loop to wait for commands
[0x7f035b3e4700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:46,727 | Finished initializing OpenCL board 0 <AMD Ra
deon (TM) RX 480 Graphics> on platform <AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing> clock rate <1288> multiprocessor count <36>
 global mem size (MB) 7746, available mem size (MB) 0, shared mem size (KB) 32, on SBM[0|0]
[0x7f035b3e4700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:46,727 | Hired OpenCL board 0 <AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480
 Graphics>
[0x7f035b3e4700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-23 23:12:46,731 | Let There Be OpenCL Light, Done!!

How can I get more debug output to try and understand better whats wrong ? Strange part to me is
global mem size (MB) 7746, available mem size (MB) 0

manjaroMan wrote:Some time ago I posted trying to get Davinci-resolve running on Arch-linux (manjaro) with new gpu and cpu (amd rx-480, ryzen 2700x) It was working previously on an intel cpu and old nvidia gt760ti, but I just couldn't work it out and gave up. Now I'm back and more determined.

Previously clinfo would always seg fault, I've fixed this now, by removing an nvidia package (opencl-nvidia
), left over from previous gpu.

Anyway I get the following output
These are the only errors I noticed, it seemed to detect and be happy to use 1 of the 2 rx480's, but perhaps I misunderstood.

Any help or pointers much appriciated.
Thanks
neil

/opt/resolve/bin/libBlackmagicRawAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory/opt/resolve/bin/BlackmagicRawAPI/libBlackmagicRawAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,464 | Running DaVinci Resolve v15.3.1.003 (Linux/Clang)
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,467 | Updating display GPU information...
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,775 | Detecting Main Display properties
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,785 | Process to detect main display has finished
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,799 | Fallback process to detect main display has finished
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,799 | 2 ATI GPUs (excluding display GPU) found. Using OpenCL for processing.
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,799 | Not GLmap capable. GPUs: 2 discrete, 0 integrated, 0 external. Auto mapping, OpenCL processing, main display not on external GPU.
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,799 | Setting LsManager.3.NumGPUs = 1
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,799 | RED InitializeSdk with library path at /opt/resolve/libs
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,839 | R3DAPI 7.1.0-3YM06 (20180720 L64S) R3DSDK 7.1.0-3YM06 (20180720 L64D) RED CUDA 7.1.0-45494 (20180721) RED OPENCL 7.1.0-45494 (20180721) [/opt/resolve/libs/] init is successful
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,840 | 0 RED rocket cards available
There are 1 GPUs in the system.
libDeckLinkAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,840 | Decklink model name: '', version: ''
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | SyManager            | WARN  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,883 | Failed to load user preferences.
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:48,920 | Finished loading Application style sheet
mesa: for the -simplifycfg-sink-common option: may only occur zero or one times!
mesa: for the -global-isel-abort option: may only occur zero or one times!
Local.Speed.Debug switched OFF - ''
[0x7f219801f700] | LeManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:49,015 | 521, 38
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:49,999 | Memory config: reserved=6000M pinned=4000M log=0
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:49,999 | Using default pooled memory manager
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,000 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 7501
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,000 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 7502
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,000 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 7503
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,000 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 7504
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,000 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 7505
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,001 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 7506
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,001 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 7507
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,001 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 7508
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | Fusion               | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,151 | Fusion Build: r063752-ed5626a (Feb  7 2019 12:50:29)
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | SyManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,324 | Total: 20, NumDtThreads: 8, NumComms: 0, NumSites: 1

[0x7f21d6eb1080] | SyManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,324 | Lookaheads -> playback = 20, record = 20, stop = 2

Sy High Command Handler Thread ----- (139782098188032)
SY high priority cmd handler thread starts: 8E4EF700
Sy Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139782089795328)
SY low priority cmd handler thread starts: 8DCEE700
Sy Data Handler Thread ----- (139782081402624)
SY data handler thread starts: 8D4ED700
Gs High Command Handler Thread ----- (139782056224512)
dGS high priority cmd handler thread starts: 8BCEA700
Gs Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139782047831808)
GS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 8B4E9700
Dp High Command Handler Thread ----- (139782031046400)
DP high priority cmd handler thread starts: 8A4E7700
Dt High Command Handler Thread ----- (139782014260992)
DT high priority cmd handler thhread starts: 894E5700
Dp Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139782022653696)
DP low priority cmd handler thread starts: 89CE6700
[0x7f218c4eb700] | SyManager            | ERROR | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | DRIVER: open /var/tmp/davinci_socket failed
Dt Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139782005868288)
DT low priority cmd handler thread starts: 88CE4700
[0x7f218ace8700] | GsManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Gs Processor Thread ----- (139782039439104)

GS processor thread starts: 8ACE8700
Local.Speed.Verbose switched OFF - ''
[0x7f21884e3700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Data Handler Thread Started
DT data handler thread starts: 884E3700
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Using 8 generic IO threads
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Total of 16 IO threads (including 8 generic and 8 Red decode threads)
SY panel handler thread starts: 8C4EB700
[0x7f2187ce2700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f21874e1700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f2186ce0700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f21864df700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f2184cdc700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f21844db700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f2185cde700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f2183cda700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f21834d9700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,325 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f2182cd8700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f21854dd700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x7f2181cd6700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Ls High Command Handler Thread ----- (139781846406912)
Ls Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139781838014208)
LS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 7ECD0700
[0x7f21824d7700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Ls Data Handler Thread ----- (139781829621504)
[0x7f21814d5700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Ls High Command Handler Thread ----- (139781821228800)
LS data handler thread starts: 7E4CF700
[0x7f2180cd4700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Ls Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139781812836096)
LS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 7D4CD700
Ls Data Handler Thread ----- (139781804443392)
[0x7f21804d3700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Dt Worker Thread Started
LS data handler thread starts: 7CCCC700
Lsd High Command Handler Thread ----- (139781796050688)
[0x7f217fcd2700] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Ls Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139781787657984)
Ls Data Handler Thread ----- (139781779265280)
LS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 7BCCA700
[0x7f217b4c9700] | IP                   | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | No GPUMapping parameter found for LsManager 3.
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | DbCommon2            | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Loading dblist file: /opt/resolve/configs/.dblist
Mem Data Transmitter Thread ----- (139781749901056)
Mem data transmitter thread starts: 798C8700
[0x7f217b4c9700] | IP                   | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Resolve will generate a default mapping.
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Let There Be OpenCL Light!
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Start detecting OpenCL boards
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Skipping unqualified OpenCL platform: Clover
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Found qualified OpenCL board 0: platform - AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing, vendor - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., id - 0x7f21b6220e30, device name - AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics id - 0x7f21b6b60110, global memory size (MB) - 4464, local memory size (KB) - 32, max global memory alloc size (MB) - 3609
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,326 | Found qualified OpenCL board 1: platform - AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing, vendor - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., id - 0x7f21b6220e30, device name - AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics id - 0x7f21b6ae5610, global memory size (MB) - 4647, local memory size (KB) - 32, max global memory alloc size (MB) - 3751
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,327 | 2 OpenCL boards detected
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,327 | Board manager thread id 0xd784c7700 policy 0 priority 0
[0x7f21784c7700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,327 | Initializing GPU board 0 with context thread 0
/opt/resolve/bin/libBlackmagicRawAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/opt/resolve/bin/BlackmagicRawAPI/libBlackmagicRawAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,368 | Using DNxHR library v2.3.8.47r
[0x7f21d6eb1080] | DVIP                 | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,373 | DVIP Version : 2.0.0, Revision = 84337 (Release)
[0x7f21784c7700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,436 | Setting channel cache size on GPU board 0 to 4
[0x7f21784c7700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:50,436 | Board manager 0 on thread 0 initialization done on GPU AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics

Some required information is missing for email crash report, the crash archive will not be updated

#TIME Mon Apr 22 16:27:50 2019 - Uptime 00:00:01 (hh:mm:ss)
#PROGRAM_NAME DaVinci Resolve v15.3.1.003 (Linux/Clang)

/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x468b239]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x468a7bb]
/usr/lib/libpthread.so.0(+0x123c0) [0x7f21dc1963c0]
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(+0x14f6d3) [0x7f21da41c6d3]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN6SDebugC2EPKcS1_ibbNS_8CategoryENS_8LoadWhenEb+0x39) [0x7f2155ffc729]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(+0xc5c7d1) [0x7f21562be7d1]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(+0x104e126) [0x7f21566b0126]
Signal Number = 11

[0x7f21784c7700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:58,260 | Completed prebuild of basic OpenCL kernels in 7823 msec
[0x7f21784c7700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:58,260 | Entering loop to wait for commands
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:58,260 | Finished initializing OpenCL board 0 <AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics> on platform <AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing> clock rate <1303> multiprocessor count <36> global mem size (MB) 4464, available mem size (MB) 0, shared mem size (KB) 32, on SBM[0|0]
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:58,260 | Hired OpenCL board 0 <AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics>
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:58,260 | Board manager thread id 0x4cf56700 policy 0 priority 0
[0x7f214cf56700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:58,260 | Initializing GPU board 1 with context thread 0
[0x7f214cf56700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:58,370 | Setting channel cache size on GPU board 1 to 4
[0x7f214cf56700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:27:58,371 | Board manager 1 on thread 0 initialization done on GPU AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics
[0x7f214cf56700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:28:06,331 | Completed prebuild of basic OpenCL kernels in 7961 msec
[0x7f214cf56700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:28:06,331 | Entering loop to wait for commands
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:28:06,331 | Finished initializing OpenCL board 1 <AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics> on platform <AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing> clock rate <1288> multiprocessor count <36> global mem size (MB) 4647, available mem size (MB) 0, shared mem size (KB) 32, on SBM[1|0]
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:28:06,331 | Hired OpenCL board 1 <AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics>
[0x7f217b4c9700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:28:06,331 | Close OpenCL board <AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics>, have more boards than needed 1
[0x7f21784c7700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:28:06,331 | Board 0 on thread 0 <AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics>: No more jobs. You're fired!
[0x7f21784c7700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-04-22 16:28:06,337 | Clean up and shut down board 0 on thread 0

Charles Phillips

PostWed Apr 24, 2019 8:53 pm

I am trying to install Resolve on a laptop with Intel integrated graphics, I saw somewhere that they are straight up not supported, is this true and are there any workarounds? thanks in advance for the help!

Sulo Kokki

PostSun Apr 28, 2019 6:43 pm

Seth Goldin wrote:Correct me if I’m wrong—but I thought the Linux build was only designed for Intel CPUs, no? I think AMD on Linux might be out of scope for the devs, at least as of 15.

Untrue. I have DR 15 Studio running well on a Ryzen, albeit with an Nvidia GPU.

Charles Phillips wrote:I am trying to install Resolve on a laptop with Intel integrated graphics, I saw somewhere that they are straight up not supported, is this true and are there any workarounds? thanks in advance for the help!

Yup, unsupported with v15, for all we know. 16 may be a different story, but haven't checked.

No easy way out of it. BMD's Linux support continues to leave a lot to be desired.
Linux Mint 19.3 | DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.1 | 2700x 32gb Radeon VII | macOS Mojave

mrMelg

PostWed May 01, 2019 8:53 am

Hi
Using MakeResolveDeb, I have successfully installed Resolve 16 beta on a HP prodesk computer running debian stretch (linux 4.9.0.8)
No errors were reported in the install.
The intro tour worked. The system check and setup went ok, telling me that editing would work and only complex colour correction would be a problem, but then Resolve aborted.
I launched Resolve again and got the same error.
I have checked for missing libraries with the ldd command and there were none
here is the code of the error message
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c005, Mode= 13, Level=  1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c006, Mode= 13, Level=  1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c007, Mode= 13, Level=  1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= 2282, Mode=  0, Level=  0, CmdKey= 8, Option= 0
PnlMsgActionStringAdapter Already in Table: Code= 615e, Mode=  0, Level=  0, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
16.0b (#017) Linux/Clang
Main thread starts: 32641B00
log4cxx: setFile(./logs/rollinglog.txt,true) call failed.
log4cxx: IO Exception : status code = 2
[0x7fbc32641b00] | Undefined            | INFO  | 2019-05-01 09:11:05,315 | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
log4cxx: No output stream or file set for the appender named [RollLogAppender].
[0x7fbc32641b00] | Undefined            | INFO  | 2019-05-01 09:11:05,316 | Loaded log config from /home/mel/.local/share/DaVinciResolve/configs/log-conf.xml
[0x7fbc32641b00] | Undefined            | INFO  | 2019-05-01 09:11:05,316 | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aborted

There doesn't appear to be a logs directory, please see below
ls -la /opt/resolve/
total 80
drwxr-xr-x 18 root root  4096 May  1 09:00 .
drwxr-xr-x  6 root root  4096 May  1 08:59 ..
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  4096 May  1 09:00 bin
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  4096 May  1 09:00 Control
drwxr-xr-x  6 root root  4096 May  1 09:00 DaVinci Resolve Panels Setup
drwxr-xr-x  5 root root  4096 May  1 08:59 Developer
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  4096 May  1 09:00 docs
drwxrwxrwx  2 root root  4096 May  1 08:23 easyDCP
drwxr-xr-x  6 root root  4096 May  1 08:59 Fusion
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  4096 May  1 09:00 graphics
drwxr-xr-x  6 root root 12288 May  1 09:00 libs
drwxrwxrwx  2 root root  4096 May  1 08:23 .license
drwxrwxrwx 14 root root  4096 May  1 09:00 LUT
drwxr-xr-x  7 root root  4096 May  1 09:00 Onboarding
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  4096 May  1 09:00 plugins
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  4096 May  1 09:00 scripts
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  4096 May  1 09:00 share
drwxr-xr-x  4 root root  4096 May  1 09:00 UI_Resource

Can you give me any advice please?

Many thanks
Mel

thomson

PostWed May 01, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi,
I use Fedora 30. DaVinci 15 does not start unfortunately. It allegedly lacks the following library:

libcrypt.so.1 => not found

Is there a solution for this?
Please excuse my bad English

Patrick Woodard

PostFri May 03, 2019 6:28 am

thomson wrote:Hi,
I use Fedora 30. DaVinci 15 does not start unfortunately. It allegedly lacks the following library:

Is there a solution for this?
Please excuse my bad English

dnf install libxcrypt-compat.x86_64
Patrick Woodard | Colorist at Point.360 | Burbank

SUPERMICRO 7048GR-TR, Intel® Xeon(R) CPU E5-2699 v4 @ 2.20GHz × 88, 128 DDR4 ECC 2400, Fedora 37 Kernel Version 6.2.10-200.fc35.x86_64, GPU Driver Version: 527.105.17 CUDA Version: 12

Sam Weston

PostTue May 07, 2019 7:09 am

Hi all. I have sort of an obvious question, but a couple hours on Google hasn't really helped much:

The Linux community has already done great things to make the CentOS-only installer work for virtually every distro under the sun. This is awesome, and I especially like Daniel Tufvesson's efforts to make Resolve play nice on Debian-based systems.

The one thing that's missing now is a way to install Resolve through native package management. Most Linux software is distributed through repositories like Apt, Yum, etc., but the only way to install Resolve is by downloading directly from Blackmagic's website.

I guess my question is twofold:
1) Since the software is available to download, what's stopping some kind soul from creating a repository with the finished install files?
2) Does Blackmagic have any plans to provide an official repository?

Thanks!

manjaroMan

AMD rx480

PostTue May 07, 2019 8:39 am

I'm still trying to get this working on ArchLinux, would love to get it working again now I have AMD rx480's

I'm getting the current CrashDumps, which seems to say that its detecting GPU and that dosnt' seem to be the problem.

1) I had to make a softlink of ln -s /opt/resolve/libs/libBlackmagicRawAPI.so /opt/resolve/bin/libBlackmagicRawAPI.so to get rid of one error message.
2) I'm getting "Failed to connect to panel socket" which I assume is because there is no video editing panel connected, and should be ok ?
3) | ERROR | 2019-05-07 10:28:44,496 | DRIVER: open /var/tmp/davinci_socket failed ? Is that related to 2)

Any help or pointers would be very welcome ? Does anyone have DR16 working with AMD rx480's ?

#TIME Tue May  7 10:28:44 2019 - Uptime 00:00:02 (hh:mm:ss)
#PROGRAM_NAME DaVinci Resolve v16.0.0b.017 (Linux/Clang)

/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x4fe31e9]
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve() [0x4fe29da]
/usr/lib/libpthread.so.0(+0x124d0) [0x7f382a6924d0]
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(+0x15fab8) [0x7f3828929ab8]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(_ZN6SDebugC2EPKcS1_ibbNS_8CategoryENS_8LoadWhenEb+0x39) [0x7f37a74add79]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(+0xd14891) [0x7f37a7790891]
/opt/resolve/libs/libFairlightPage.so(+0x112cbd6) [0x7f37a7ba8bd6]
Signal Number = 11

[0x7f37bdbd6700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-05-07 10:29:01,966 | Completed prebuild of basic OpenCL kernels in 17096 msec
[0x7f37bdbd6700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-05-07 10:29:01,966 | Entering loop to wait for commands
[0x7f37bfbd8700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-05-07 10:29:01,966 | Finished initializing OpenCL board 0 <AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics> on platform <AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing> clock rate <1288> multiprocessor count <36> global mem size (MB) 4316, available mem size (MB) 0, shared mem size (KB) 32, on SBM[0|0]
[0x7f37bfbd8700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-05-07 10:29:01,966 | Hired OpenCL board 0 <AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics>
[0x7f37bfbd8700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-05-07 10:29:01,966 | Board manager thread id 0x8fe52700 policy 0 priority 0
[0x7f378fe52700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-05-07 10:29:01,969 | Initializing GPU board 1 with context thread 0
[0x7f378fe52700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-05-07 10:29:02,240 | Setting channel cache size on GPU board 1 to 4
[0x7f378fe52700] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-05-07 10:29:02,241 | Board manager 1 on thread 0 initialization done on GPU AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics

Hakim Craddock

PostTue May 07, 2019 10:25 am

i cant 16 to work on manjaro. It keeps saying to configure but it closes before i get a chance to choose CUDA. Its saying make sure i have OpenCL compatible GPU, choose manually. any ideas?

deezid

PostTue May 07, 2019 8:38 pm

Hakim Craddock wrote:i cant 16 to work on manjaro. It keeps saying to configure but it closes before i get a chance to choose CUDA. Its saying make sure i have OpenCL compatible GPU, choose manually. any ideas?

Still using NVIDIA cards?
Should be just fine by using this here:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/davi ... udio-beta/

Never had any issue yet.

KristijanZic

PostTue May 07, 2019 8:47 pm

Sam Weston wrote:Hi all. I have sort of an obvious question, but a couple hours on Google hasn't really helped much:

The Linux community has already done great things to make the CentOS-only installer work for virtually every distro under the sun. This is awesome, and I especially like Daniel Tufvesson's efforts to make Resolve play nice on Debian-based systems.

The one thing that's missing now is a way to install Resolve through native package management. Most Linux software is distributed through repositories like Apt, Yum, etc., but the only way to install Resolve is by downloading directly from Blackmagic's website.

1) Since the software is available to download, what's stopping some kind soul from creating a repository with the finished install files?

Thanks!

Their license agreement and policy. BMD might sue a person that tries to do that. Why BMD themselves don't distribute Resolve via snap or flatpak is beyond me tho. Probably b/c their installer is cross platform or something.

Hakim Craddock

PostTue May 07, 2019 10:28 pm

deezid wrote:
Hakim Craddock wrote:i cant 16 to work on manjaro. It keeps saying to configure but it closes before i get a chance to choose CUDA. Its saying make sure i have OpenCL compatible GPU, choose manually. any ideas?

Still using NVIDIA cards?
Should be just fine by using this here:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/davi ... udio-beta/

Never had any issue yet.

yes still using Nvidia Card. 15 works but when i upgrade to 16 i get that error. How do i install non studio 16b2 version from that link you provided?

Hakim Craddock

PostTue May 07, 2019 11:15 pm

KristijanZic wrote:
Sam Weston wrote:Hi all. I have sort of an obvious question, but a couple hours on Google hasn't really helped much:

Thanks!

Their license agreement and policy. BMD might sue a person that tries to do that. Why BMD themselves don't distribute Resolve via snap or flatpak is beyond me tho. Probably b/c their installer is cross platform or something.

see attached. Thats what pops up. It lets me choose the card manually. But requests me to add a storage drive. Every time i try to add the storage drive it quits.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2019-05-07 19-13-44.png
Screenshot from 2019-05-07 19-13-44.png (79.9 KiB) Viewed 46039 times

Hakim Craddock

PostWed May 08, 2019 10:47 pm

Hakim Craddock wrote:
KristijanZic wrote:

Thanks!

see attached. Thats what pops up. It lets me choose the card manually. But requests me to add a storage drive. Every time i try to add the storage drive it quits.

I figured it out. I had the wrong OpenCL drivers installed. There are sooo many to choose from in the package manager.

deezid

PostThu May 09, 2019 5:16 pm

Hakim Craddock wrote:
I figured it out. I had the wrong OpenCL drivers installed. There are sooo many to choose from in the package manager.

Just figured out I had the same problems on a new laptop yesterday. Opencl-nvidia did the trick

Seth Goldin

PostSat May 11, 2019 2:53 pm

Any of you brave souls try to run Resolve on RHEL 8 yet? Wondering what to expect when CentOS 8 drops.

Noel Sterrett

PostMon May 13, 2019 4:57 pm

I just upgraded to Ubuntu 19.04 and PostgrSQL 11. Everything seems fine with 16b2 so far. Fingers crossed.

Cheers.
Admit One Pictures

Ian Riley

PostMon May 13, 2019 6:35 pm

I noticed a problem with DaVinci Resolve Public Beta 1, Fedora 30 and the requirement for libcrypt.so.1

./resolve
./resolve: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This has been deprecated in Fedora 30
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ ... _operation

Installing libxcrypt-compat resolves this issue

dnf install libxcrypt-compat

It looks to have created a symbolic link in /lib64/

libcrypt.so.1 -> libcrypt.so.1.1.0

AkioET

PostWed May 15, 2019 9:49 pm

Hi, I just started using Manjaro and am having problems with my Resolve install. Basically, the installation works fine, but whenever I try to run the software it starts loading, it even goes as far as to open the "Da Vinci Resolve" loading screen but the software itself doesn't open and shuts down while "looking for control surface". I've tried running it from terminal but all I get is this:

[akio@akio-pc ~]$ /opt/resolve/bin/resolve
15.3.1 (#003) Linux/Clang
Main thread starts: A1CA4080
[0x7fcfa1ca4080] | Undefined | INFO | 2019-05-15 18:47:54,745 | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[0x7fcfa1ca4080] | Undefined | INFO | 2019-05-15 18:47:54,745 | Loaded log config from /opt/resolve/configs/log-conf.xml
[0x7fcfa1ca4080] | Undefined | INFO | 2019-05-15 18:47:54,745 | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with not even an "aborted" message nor anything.

My current setup is a Ryzen 2600 with an RX580 running Manjaro KDE. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

deezid

PostThu May 16, 2019 6:27 pm

AkioET wrote:Hi, I just started using Manjaro and am having problems with my Resolve install. Basically, the installation works fine, but whenever I try to run the software it starts loading, it even goes as far as to open the "Da Vinci Resolve" loading screen but the software itself doesn't open and shuts down while "looking for control surface". I've tried running it from terminal but all I get is this:

[0x7fcfa1ca4080] | Undefined | INFO | 2019-05-15 18:47:54,745 | Loaded log config from /opt/resolve/configs/log-conf.xml

My current setup is a Ryzen 2600 with an RX580 running Manjaro KDE. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Probably missing opencl-mesa and cuda

manjaroMan

PostFri May 17, 2019 5:46 am

I have a simular machine with rx480, and can't get it working. As a temp work around I've bought a cheap gtx970. As I noone seems to know right now how to get it working with AMD GPU's, or is just not yet well supported on Linux.

N
deezid wrote:
AkioET wrote:Hi, I just started using Manjaro and am having problems with my Resolve install. Basically, the installation works fine, but whenever I try to run the software it starts loading, it even goes as far as to open the "Da Vinci Resolve" loading screen but the software itself doesn't open and shuts down while "looking for control surface". I've tried running it from terminal but all I get is this:

Thanks in advance.

Probably missing opencl-mesa and cuda

Piotr Wozniacki

PostSat May 18, 2019 9:14 am

Dear Friends,

I'm so sorry that - instead of reading the two main Linux-related thread in the Resolve Forum (plus all the external links therein) - I will ask you this question:

- what is the best and safe way for a Linux-newbie* like me to try and make my Windows machine dual boot, with Windows 10 and Linux Centos as the options?

I do have a DVD-drive, but I guess using a 3.1 USB stick would be a better way. Please, share you knowledge with me in a nutshell.

TIA

Piotr

* I used to be a fluent UNIX (SunOS) user some 20 years ago, when I started to using Moldflow on SparcStation boxes... So hopefully, I'm not going to get too intimidated by the Linux command line syntax, although of course the more GUIs, the better :)
AMD TR 2990WX CPU | MSI X399 CARBON AC | 64GB RAM@XMP3200 | 2x RTX 2080Ti GPU | 4x 3TB WD Black RAID0 media drive | 3x 1TB NVMe RAID0 cache drive | SSD SATA system drive | AX1600i PSU | Decklink 12G Extreme | Samsung UHD reference monitor (calibrated)

Piotr Wozniacki

PostSat May 18, 2019 10:00 am

OK, so I have now downloaded to my Windows drive the CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-1810.iso file. I have a 32GB USB 3 pendrive - what next?

Just to add that I also have the Macrium loader, which makes my machine start with the option to boot Windows 10, or - in case of a disaster, and necessity to re-image my Macrium system drive image - enter the appropriate environment. Do I need to get way with that, at lest during Linux install?

Piotr

PS, OK guys - so I have the above iso written to a pendrive with dd command. What do I risk trying to boot my machine from it? The most I fear for this strange, AMD-style, array structure...

What to expect when (and if) I manage to boot from the pendrive?
AMD TR 2990WX CPU | MSI X399 CARBON AC | 64GB RAM@XMP3200 | 2x RTX 2080Ti GPU | 4x 3TB WD Black RAID0 media drive | 3x 1TB NVMe RAID0 cache drive | SSD SATA system drive | AX1600i PSU | Decklink 12G Extreme | Samsung UHD reference monitor (calibrated)

bjornzitting

PostSat May 18, 2019 7:04 pm

@Piotr

Best ways in this order:
- Set up a separate machine to do clean install - just to check functions
- Strip current machine of all disks and use an empty SSD - to check functions and basic performance
- Use another Linux install on empty disks, my choice is Ubuntu Studio, more alternatives on the forum
- Try to do a dual boot on your current install - nasty since BMD CentoOS want to clean all installed disks

Björn Zitting

Piotr Wozniacki

PostSun May 19, 2019 5:07 am

bjornzitting wrote:@Piotr

Best ways in this order:
- Set up a separate machine to do clean install - just to check functions
- Strip current machine of all disks and use an empty SSD - to check functions and basic performance
- Use another Linux install on empty disks, my choice is Ubuntu Studio, more alternatives on the forum
- Try to do a dual boot on your current install - nasty since BMD CentoOS want to clean all installed disks

Björn Zitting

Hi Björn

As a matter of fact, I was hoping the last item on your list would be possible. Where do I find some reading about how to try doing it?

For instance: my AMD-RAID system consists of (as you can see in my sig):

3x 1TB NVMe drives in RAID 0
3X SATA HDD in RAID 0
1x SATA SSD - also configured as a RAID of the "Volume" type - with Windows 10 system/start-up structure.

So - even if creating dual-booting capabilities on the last of the above drives is difficult or impossible - would it be possible to take one of the three NVMe disks off of the RAID0 (defining it as a "Volume" RAID member) and install my CentOS there?

Thanks,

Piotr

bjornzitting

PostSun May 19, 2019 10:31 am

Hi Piotr
Why do you want a dual boot?
- Just to evaluate and later decide on current OS/or permanently switch to the other OS?
- To 'often' jump between them with production level performance and stability in both - if so why ???

With such a complex disk/volumes setup you have, there will be a continuous risk 'something' in either OS will misunderstand files/disk structure and trash 'the other' environment - think OS update, half smart anti virus...

I have always avoided dual boot and parallell install of same software in different versions on production machines
Been burned long time ago by software that trashed a separate disk which was spinning but not 'mounted', still that utility found it and touched it

My recommendation is another machine and instead spend your time on a Postgresql install and test remote rendering etc

As you probably know a serial number license of Resolve Studio allows two machines, and Mac/Windows/Linux Resolve differs on which codecs are available on each OS...
As described on the forum sometimes a second Resolve machine on other OS can help with codec issues, and a ffmpeg batch process too
---
If you attempt a dual boot or virtual machine setup with several OS, think about the access via drivers to all HW (and upgrades...), also how different OS will handle different file systems and their permission systems :)

Björn Zitting

Piotr Wozniacki

PostSun May 19, 2019 11:07 am

bjornzitting wrote:Hi Piotr
Why do you want a dual boot?
- Just to evaluate and later decide on current OS/or permanently switch to the other OS?
- To 'often' jump between them with production level performance and stability in both - if so why ???

With such a complex disk/volumes setup you have, there will be a continuous risk 'something' in either OS will misunderstand files/disk structure and trash 'the other' environment - think OS update, half smart anti virus...

You're absolutely right, Bjoern - I do not need dual-boot permanently as a matter of fact; if I thought about dual booting has only been because not knowing all the pros and cons of Linus, I'd like to compare the two OSes with my main kinds of jobs:

- Resolve/Fusion
- CAD/CAE (Moldflow)
- Internet/e-mail/office work

And - having decided which I prefer - switch to it saying bye-bye to dual-booting. Of course - if I really want to compare the performance of serious stuff like Resolve or Moldflow (my main software I use for the living), I'd best do so on another machine with the same hardware, which I cannot afford - hence the dual-booting idea. But I hear my CPU (the 2990WX) itself is already more efficient under Linux, so this would make my decision-making easier. On the other hand, I can't afford time to set up a completely new (Linux) configuration on my hardware (by getting rid of Windows totally), only to find there is a thing or two which are important to me but only possible under Windows... So basically - I'd like to switch to Linux, but only having checked there is not a deal-breaker for me. What would you advise as the quickest method to check those 2 applications, without building a Linux-only wks from scratch first so that - when needed - I still can back off without losing too much time and effort? As I said - I could simply disconnect all my SATA drives (including the Windows system SSD disk), and use the NVMe RAID* for setting up everything (Linux plus my 2 main apps) - and when they all go together well, only then also convert my other SATA drives. Do you think it'd be a good solution?

And finally: what the most important aspects of Resolve are which run better under Windows 10 than Linux that you guys know about? Let's see if they are very important to me... TIA!

* Speaking AMD RAID: does Centos 7 recognize them/has appropriate drivers?

Thanks
Piotr

PS. Testing Linux on the fastest drives possible will be skewed, I know - but it's so much easier to simply unplug all SATA cables than it is removing those M2 disks from their sockets under my 3x PCIe cards (plus I only have cached media on this NVMe drives, which I can re-create easily) that the choice is obvious, do you agree?

PPS. Oops - I guess I've just realized sorta deal-breaker for me in my migration to Linux only: all DAWs I'm using (Ableton, ACID Pro and FL Studio) are all Windows only, aren't they? Plus, not even MIDI in Resolve, right? :( So, you see, there IS a reason for dual booting after all, it seems... What's the remedy people are using in this respect?Please don't say Audacity?
Last edited by Piotr Wozniacki on Sun May 19, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deezid

PostSun May 19, 2019 12:19 pm

Piotr Wozniacki wrote:PPS. Oops - I guess I've just realized sorta deal-breaker for me in my migration to Linux only: all DAWs I'm using (Ableton, ACID Pro and FL Studio) are all Windows only, aren't they? Plus, not even MIDI in Resolve, right? :( So, you see, there IS a reason for dual booting after all, it seems... What's the remedy people are using in this respect?Audacity?

Reaper works just fine ;)
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve